Disney's Wondrous Secrets

By Imagi77

When her parents suddenly vanish, and something magical happens between her and this seemingly ordinary field... More

It All Started....
A Stressful Day
A Visitor
Not JUST a Mouse...
The Message!
The Bedroom
One Day
Little Runaway
Disbelief
As Normal As Can Be~
I Can't Believe It!
The Letter
The Lamp
Bad Pete
Gammy the Weasel
Cotton Candy Sweetie
The Performance
Rewarded
Joy
Show Them...
The Northern Battle
Thanks to You, Kid!
Falling Tent
The Lady in Blue
The Flight of Libertas
The Border
Mickey's Transformation
The King's Keep
Another Heffalump!
Bing Bong's Discovery
Changes (Part I)
Changes (Part II)
Merlin's Got It Made!
Just Ignore It!
Birds of a Feather...
... Flock Together
Main Street, U.S.A
The Jovial One
MADness!
I Want To Go Home
Keep Your Eyes Open
Duck Billed!
Let Him Go
Dreams and Nightmares
The Knight's Tale
Forest of Thorns
Maleficent
Waking in the Dark
Ready for a Little Roundup?
Don't. Test. Me.

Names and News

10 0 0
By Imagi77

That very night after that short lived heart to heart, the Gang were soon given a very extravagant guest room. It was something Sarah had never experienced before other than exploring more of this huge castle. Having gotten word that Mickey had told everything to Master Yen Sid, it was now known that they were to expect a private visit this evening to discuss rather crucial things. Now that they have gotten through into the safety of the Border, the hourglass had begun to fill, as it were.

Sarah Jackson was stricken with anxiety even now. Even though her friends were in a safe place. She had only hoped that they would not suspect her of anything. She was honestly thinking of leaving. She thought it could be the best route because they wouldn't be in any more danger. She knew though that Woody would be absolutely against this decision and Bing Bong, out of the goodness of his heart, would not let her go alone. The both of them were loyal to a fault, that much she knew. First thing she had to do was wait for the Wizard to come. There was no way of sneaking off with him around, especially. Also Mickey wouldn't be so flexible with this decision either. As long as she kept quiet about it, it wouldn't be so bad, would it? If no one ever got hurt again, she would be dearly happy.

Of course, all of this was making her stomach upset and so she found herself seldom wanting to sit down, which captured Woody's attention. Even after such a fleeting evening, her attitude was too strange to ignore. So later that very night, he chose to keep it to himself for a while, until the fawns would go to sleep after all those hours of play. Woody's journey was left unsaid this far, just as Sarah's was just the same to him, and Bing Bong. For certain, Lady Blue knew, perhaps even Robin and Quasi had an inkling.

No doubt, Sarah almost jumped out of her skin when there was a gentle knock on the guest room door. But then, she had just remembered that Quasimodo was guarding the door during that last couple of hours. She drew in a breath when she saw him before he passed her a silver plate. He rose a brow at her.

"Seems to me that you've seen a ghost."

"No, I'm fine... Just still a little jittery from before."

Quasimodo certainly knew something was up and so did Woody. "I can see that. But I can't help but believe that it's something else."

Sarah heard that simple plop from Woody hopping down from the window sill. "I was thinking the same thing, partner." he brought his honesty out, directly, not caring that he caught the girl off guard.

She began to bite her bottom lip, especially when she saw Bing Bong look up in her peripheral. Sensing that his friend's voices were starting to sound strange to him, his purple eyebrows furrowed at them.

"Jackie? What's the matter?" his voice came in during all the suspicion.

Quasimodo gently came inside with them and softly shut the door. The nervous child began to open up.

"Gosh, everyone's hounding on me..." she sighed as she plopped down into one of the chairs.

"Maybe it's because you're not saying anything." Woody told her, with an urging smile. "It's a little worrying."

Bing Bong exchanged glances at her and then to Woody, not understanding the sudden tension here.

"We care about you..." he reassured her, concern leaking into his voice. "Ya know, whenever I felt scared, Joy would listen to me."

"Buddy here has a point." Woody agreed. "...and perhaps, so do I. My friends and I, we all lost Bonnie. And you, you lost your parents. Mickey sure knows it."

There went her idea. Shot down, right away. "Yeah, you're right." her voice nearly broke. "I'm just so terrified. Like what else could she have out there, waiting to catch us? I-I don't want to see you guys hurt again." she told them, looking lastly at Bing Bong. "I just don't know what to do. This whole thing seems so impossible."

"Hey, hey..." Quasi softly pressed in, stroking the girl on her shoulder. "You proved so much back there... Fearing would only do more harm than good. I-I've learned that myself."

Sarah locked eyes with him as her guilt slowly turned into that of pity. Quasimodo got down on one knee. He truly was growing close to her enough to provide her as much security and knowledge that she needed. Quasimodo understood her fear. He too would want his loved ones safe, even if it meant going alone at some degree. He took her hand and held it while looking her straight in the eye.

"What happened may have been a little jarring, but you can trust Yen Sid's council. They're discussing plans as of this moment, and Robin is with them."

"What are they sayin'?" Bing Bong asked. "I don't think I can take it not knowing!"

Quasimodo could only smile.

"I can assure you, Maleficent will never come close. She may think she can, but she won't be able to. There is a way."

"A way? What way?"

"I never used to think it would exist but... let me ask you all a question. Do any of you know what the imagination even looks like?"

"What kind of question is that, Hunchback?" Gammy spoke up after what it seemed like forever.

"A modest one..." Quasi answered back.

"Kinda goes without saying," Woody spoke up, still feeling some resentment towards the weasel. "... that the imagination can vary."

"Exactly. You see, Sarah..." Quasi continued. "... you do not know yet of how much magic lies here. This is nothing like your world. Truthfully, this place is nothing like my world. Yen Sid keeps a specific doorway to it. He showed me, Robin and he even showed Woody."

Sarah turned to the cowboy. "You saw it?"

"Yeah, honestly." Woody chuckled, lifting the brim of his hat up a little. "It's a huge deal. And it's something Maleficent really wants. This could be something he might show you." he sadly explained, taking some steps forward.

"Why does she want it so bad?" Bing Bong innocently asked. "I-I mean, doesn't everybody have one?"

At that rather intriguing inquiry from the thoughtfulness of their Imaginary friend, the wonderful known orb of radiance of the Blue Fairy had softly appeared into the room with them. Quasimodo took it as a sign that it was time to see the old Wizard, finally. At the Imaginary's innocent yet wise words, the gang huddled.

Right then, Sarah made a decision. With much thought, also with her friends in mind, she looked Quasi right in the eye.

"I do have an inkling that you're ready?" Quasi asked her, feeling that same determination that she felt. He wished to be absolutely sure.

"It's n-now or never." she said, looking up at him.

With that said, Woody hopped onto Bing Bong's shoulder. Sarah then took the sweet elephant's hand. Gammy was absolutely not ready to see that Wizard, knowing that there was a punishment in store for him. Little did he know though that there was something definitely in store, but it was no punishment.

No doubt, the Wizard had just had word with the fox and the few of his fellows, to prepare them for yet another feat. Now it was time for the rescued, because there was no doubt that the Dark Fairy had them all in mind, as well as a select few other enemies involved in this war.

The walk from their room to Yen Sid's quarters, where he often did most of his personal conjuring. Feeling so thankful for them being rescued, it felt slightly calmer now that Sarah was able to take in more of the beauty of the Keep. For a moment, she felt so small inside the corridor while Quasimodo led them through. He was free from his bow and vest and he remarkably reminded her of her dad in some way, always being so reassuring to her and the others. Never did she dream of getting to know any character, but it only made her even more curious. He was very... father-like, by the way he spoke and acted, yet he fought so brutally for them all, alongside Robin. Knowing his backstory all too well, Sarah wondered what could have changed him into the man he was now. Before he was shy, timid and reserved... but before them all, he was expressive, confident and firm. Despite all that, there was also a sadness that he had only kept for himself, no doubt.

As her thoughts went on with her friend's in tow, the night was still young with torches lighting their way through. The halls were decorated with tapestries and massive paintings of all kinds of familiar things. Painted in oil, there were representations of characters she practically grew up with. Mufasa and his son Simba both stood proudly upon the rocky throne, while the next beside it was a king standing by his queen, a man who sported long golden brown hair and graceful blue eyes, dressed in a regal blue attire, while his queen was brown haired and brown eyed, seeming peaceful, wearing that infamous golden ball gown. It was clear that woman was Belle and the handsome man was the Beast who once held her captive.

After those two portraits, there was another one of a great and powerful dragon trapped in a moment of time with those sharp teeth and flames poised to strike the Prince before it with a risen sword. Flames of green surrounded them... This one actually scared her and the Imaginary, whose eyes went wide at the sight.

"Oh! Th-that's her... isn't it?" he trembled.

"I'm afraid so..." Sarah replied, tugging her friend to stay close.

Woody had a trace of hatred over his features as they passed, but he didn't speak. Quasimodo was grieved as well, but he led them straight towards this one passage way. He stopped and had a moment of thought before he turned to the three in particular.

"Yen Sid has been a dear, fierce friend for many generations." he spoke. "... there's no need to feel fear."

"We trust you, Quasi..." Sarah smiled, speaking on her friend's behalf.

"I'll take your word for it." he smiled before he spread the curtian with an arm for them to enter.

Just beyond this curtain was a round room with a beautiful marble basin standing before a stained glass arched window on the other end. The rest was pure stone and bright torches. On the other end of the room was a mighty mirror, a series of cauldrons and ancient books on the floor and in the wooden shelves. Once everyone had entered, Quasimodo softly shut the door behind them after joining them.

"All of them accounted for, Quasimodo?" came a deep, wise old voice from seemingly out of nowhere.

"Indeed, sir."

"Remarkable." the Wizard spoke again, approaching the rescued, peacefully with kind open arms.

Sarah gaped wide eyed whilst Bing Bong staying loyal by her side even though he wasn't sure at first. Woody felt relieved. "Good to see you again. If only under better circumstances..."

"Quite the contrary," Yen Sid smiled as he finally had the child and the Imaginary away from Maleficent's touch. Now he could go on with his own plan that would bring this world to balance again.

Mickey saw the visitors come in and he was ecstatic that they came. It was a wonderful thing to see that he was back to normal. He laughed with joy, giving the three a well deserved hug. "You're here! Finally..." Mickey looked at Sarah before he took her and Bing Bong each by their hands. "There's something you guys gotta see."

Yen Sid showed a hint of a smile at Quasimodo and he exchanged the same as he stepped back to wait patiently for them at the door. "I assume you have a great many questions from your journey..." he began, walking patiently alongside them.

Do we ever... Sarah thought so. "You ... We've talked before. Didn't we?"

"I should say that we have, madame..." the Wizard calmly stated. "... however I do apologize for causing such a startle."

"It's not every day when computers type by themselves." Sarah chuckled.

"I agree that they do not." Yen Sid chuckled as well. "It was the one way I could gain contact, since I sent a tracker in the form of a bubble. It was one way to go about unnoticed and to make doubly sure that Mickey was found by the right person. Alas, there was a set back, for it was only at midnight when I was able to speak to you, for only a minute before my spell was blocked off. Maleficent has been trying to stifle my communications, but something seems to keep her power at the same level as mine. My friends, do seat yourselves..."

The friends all sat together before this brilliant mirror that seemed to reflect something else other than them. As if there was something on the other side of it. The frame was paved with gold and seemed to dance around the looking glass like a ribbon. At the crown was a carving of a certain man's initial of the letter D.

"You really thought I was the right person?"

"I thought so..." Mickey replied. "Much of it happened so fast. I didn't see any other way."

"I'm not mad at you for that, Mickey. You needed help... All of us do, actually." Sarah mused before turning her attention back to the brooding Wizard. "I've seen it. That shadow that chased us before... Could it be that it took my family too?"

Yen Sid began to look very apologetic. Gently, he rested his old hand over her knee, seeing that she was ready to cry. Before the others could interfere, seeing the same, he silently hinted at them to stay calm. Woody looked really worried, more so than the Imaginary.

"It's likely that they were. Many shadows were sent to track him and they were led to your home. Though, this does not mean that it is done, my dear."

"It can't be. They're here with us ..." the girl was beginning to panic. "B-but where — Don't tell me..."

She did not need to be told that, what she narrowly missed, they were indeed kidnapped. Coming to this realization, she fell into the comfort of the Imaginary. His bleeding heart instantly began to shine through his green eyes as he looked at the Wizard.

"What are we gonna do?" Bing Bong told him. "We gotta help her... somehow."

"It's what we're going to do." Woody spoke, determined. "No matter what it takes..."

"You may not have realized it, Sarah, but you've gathered yourself quite a team during your imprisonment." Yen Sid began. "Mickey Mouse has been taught my way of helpful magic and the Sheriff has seen and learned enough to become a fierce leader. Last, but I dare say, not least, this small elephant you released from that cage and woke him from a dreamless curse, you claimed for yourself a rare enchantment. A truth that he does not realize to the fullest just yet."

"Me...?" Bing Bong pointed to himself. "I don't get it. I'm just a clown... Am I?"

"Just a clown, are you? Do you believe that the fair Blue Fairy guided just a clown? On the contrary, you are no such thing."

Woody smirked up at Bing Bong, knowingly, after that personal heart to heart they had in the garden.

"What did I tell ya, partner?"

Bing Bong blinked with bewilderment. "It doesn't add up to me... I mean, I dunno what I am, but you still went to help me. I didn't know any of ya... I thought I was just that. A clown... or what Pete thought of me."

Even he acknowledged how different he looked and how brightly colored he was, by what the playful Lumpy said. The warmth coming from Yen Sid's eyes was enough to encourage them. When he saw the confusion in this innocent being, the Wizard gently pointed the colorful flower he wore on the front of his jacket. The one he almost lost in the tent, right exactly when he met Sarah. Getting the impression that he wanted to take it, Bing Bong innocently gave it to him.

"Allow me to show you something, dear boy. As for the rest of you, watch closely." Yen Sid told them. "This, "he began, holding up the paper flower. "... holds sentimental value to you, doesn't it?"

Bing Bong intently began to think as he focused on it for a moment. "... yeah, yeah, it does." he answered, but oddly, he did not know why. He felt afraid when he thought he lost it at first. Of course, he didn't because of Sarah. With thankfulness, he looked to her but after that exchange, that was all the proof that was needed.

In a single moment, Yen Sid turned the flower over in his hand and had another spare candy tear that was chosen. Showing it to Bing Bong, he then took his and Sarah by the hand, making sure they both touched the flower. Much to their surprise, the others seemed to knowingly give the two some space. Both were unsure at first... The first memory that came to mind though was that first stressful moment when Bing Bong began to cry bitterly into her as she hugged him. Unknowing at the time that a tight bond was settled between them. Even with Maleficent's suffocating curse over their heads, they got out because of trust. Sarah realized that he wasn't just a friend to her, but he was a necessity in her plight. The spell the wizard set was linked between them because of that single memory. Once it was done, something came over the Imaginary again, being a solid revelation. Now, he wasn't afraid, nor was it another curse, but he found that what he thought was missing didn't seem to matter so much anymore. After everything he had seen and been through so far, it was Jackie and Woody who always stuck by him, more so than others. Likened to when he was freed from dreamless, his eyes lit up for only a split second as he gazed down low in full realization that he did and really did have a purpose. It was something he longed for...

"I couldn't have gotten here all by myself. Everything was so dark and — a-and... it didn't feel safe to talk to anybody. But, Joy and you, Woody... J-joy said that she was goin' to guide me and others to a new place. I-I think we found it. I am here for ya, Jackie. I'm gonna help you find them... whatever I can do, I'm gonna try." was the promise that he gave.

Sarah happily smiled up at her friend and she now held the paper flow which now glowed with a blueish radiance that seemed to go on as unnoticed to them at first. Sarah blinked down at it, confused and so did he.

"...what just happened...?" she asked whilst looking at the knowing wizard.

"I thought I'd never witness this..." Mickey commented.

"I have just given you a key, Sarah Jackson." Yen Sid answered, as soon as he was done. "Having an Imaginary as your own is one of the greatest gifts this world could offer. This was no doubt the Blue Fairy's idea, that you would bond with an Imaginary. Fortunately, it was you and not of our enemy, who still seeks to capture one."

"Over my dead body..." Sarah scowled over that fact. "... I can see now that there's a lot more to this puzzle and she's trying to get here... She better not have hurt them..." the poor girl wept, thinking about what her family could be going through this very moment.

"We will be able to retrieve them from her, but this task cannot be done alone. Do you understand...?"

At the girl's nod, he took the enchanted flower. "With him, when given a new name by you only, you can travel through these specific doorways. Doors that lead into a separate realm that I have created for such emergencies. The Realm of Imagination."

"A new name...?" Sarah asked, a little baffled, before looking to her friend. Woody seemed to be on Bing Bong's shoulder, whispering something to him. "A new name..." she repeated to herself.

"... it is so that he can no longer be pained by what he cannot reach." Yen Sid personally told her. "He must move on to a much a better path, so he will not linger. It is the best option. If he holds onto an old name that holds sentimental value, it would only bring more unnecessary pain which could taint his innocent nature over time. Alas, he has already seen evil and it cannot be undone."

When he ended it on that grave note, she pondered on the new advantage she now had. Also the hope Bing Bong had... All he needed was a new name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 94 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
2K 81 11
Disney World...such a fun and magical place where many children's memories are formed. The smiling mascots, the thrilling rides, the vivid colors, it...
15.6K 589 18
Catalina, a young seamstress, yearns for something more than the life she's forced to live, working night and day for a bitter old shopkeeper who tre...
464 12 13
"Hey hench-human, what's up with the serious face?" "...I think Eliza recognized me..." "What kinda nonsense is that? She's a ghost and you're from a...