Run (One Direction) [Watty Aw...

By asilverskyaboveme

She's a fan. He's a celebrity. They were born in different worlds, raised in different worlds. And one bullet... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

69.8K 1.1K 274
By asilverskyaboveme

 Louis

“He's got to be here somewhere” Zayn says. “He wouldn't just leave.”

I realise that I'm not breathing, and I gulp down some air.

“I'll look for him” Preston says. “Stay here.” He leaves, and I wonder what he's thinking.

Probably the same thing as me.

Nobody would have kidnapped Harry.

He's got to have just wandered off.

“D'you want to go upstairs?” Liam asks Callin.

“I . . . whatever” she says.

Her eyes are on me.

I feel like she can read my mind or something.

That she knows that, as soon as the others are in bed, I'm going to go look for Harry.

Liam supports her up the stairs, and they head into his room.

Niall and Zayn don't move.

“After everything that's happened, he has to do this now?” Niall asks.

I fall back onto the couch.

This is going to be a long wait.

-

Callin

“You really don't mind?” Liam asks me. “I mean, you hardly know me.”

“It's no problem” I tell him. “You seem like a nice person.”

He's silent until we get to his bedroom.

“Bed on the left” he says, and he turns like he's going to leave.

“Liam?” I ask.

“Yeah?”

“What's going on with you and Louis? Why are you mad at him?”

Liam sighs, and turns to face me.

“It's a long story” he says. “But . . . he scared us all really badly for awhile.”

I don't press him.

He obviously doesn't want to talk about it.

“Do you need anything else?” he continues.

“The bullet was this close to his head” I tell Liam, holding my fingers a centimeter apart. “Maybe it's time to forgive him.”

-

Louis

Liam comes downstairs a few minutes later.

I stand, about to make an excuse about going to bed so I can go look for Harry.

I'm tired of waiting.

But Liam practically runs over to me and enfolds me in a hug.

“I'm sorry” he whispers in my ear, and I wonder what brought this on.

Then I decide not to question it.

“So am I” I reply.

Liam lets me go and steps back.

Now you can go to bed” he says, grinning.

“G'night, lads” I say, matching Liam's grin, and then I head upstairs to my room, making plans to climb out the window.

They all fly out of my head when I see who's already there.

Harry.

-

He's sitting on my bed, sobbing into my pillow.

I don't think he sees me come in.

“Erm, they're out looking for you, mate” I say. Harry looks up. And I say this lovingly: he looks awful.

His eyes are red, his cheeks tear-stained, and there are horrible dark bags under his eyes.

But when he sees me, his face transforms.

His eyes light up, he grins, and then he stands up and rushes towards me.

He's about to hug me, but I push him away.

I feel a momentary flicker of guilt at the look on his face, but what I had thought before . . . he was sobbing into my pillow.

My pillow.

He's only forgiving me because I almost died today.

When it was Zayn and Liam it didn't bother me, but for some reason . . . I don't want Harry's forgiveness like this.

“Louis?” Harry asks. “Boobear, I-”

“Shut up” I say coldly. “Where were you? Niall said you were missing.”

“I was outside” Harry says, his gaze straying to the window.

It's open.

“I was going to look for you” I say, my voice strangely calm. “I was going to sneak out, get everyone mad at me again, and maybe get myself killed, just to find you.”

“I thought you were dead” Harry says slowly.

“Well, Zayn and Liam knew I was perfectly fine” I spit. “What makes you special?”

“Brandon said there was a guy with a gun in the room with you” Harry says. “And that you might not be coming back. But you're here.”

“You should have listened” I snap. “Because I'm fine. I got out.”

“I'm sorry . . . I didn't . . .” Harry says. “I forgive you, okay? Can't you just take it?”

“I could've died today, and you wouldn't have even said goodbye” I say softly. “Get over yourself.”

And then I turn around and walk out.

-

“Who were you talking to?” Zayn asks me when I get back to the living room. “We heard shouting.”

“Harry” I say calmly.

Liam looks at me like I've grown another head.

“He was outside” I continue. “He came back. We had an argument. Somebody should probably call Preston.”

Liam stand up and leaves, probably to do just that.

“Is he still mad at you?” Niall asks sympathetically.

“I'm mad at him” I say.

“Why?” Zayn asks incredulously.

“He forgave me” I say. “He forgave me.”

-

When Preston gets back, he yells at Harry for a bit, but his heart's not in it. Then he makes us all go to bed.

But instead of sleeping, I sit on the edge of my bed and stare out the window, doing my best to ignore Harry.

No matter what's going on down here, the moon stays the same.

-

The next morning, I wake up to Harry staring at me, waiting for me to wake up.

“You're right” he says when I sit up. “I wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye."

He looks a bit . . . wrecked.

And I hate myself for doing that to him.

"And I never would've forgiven myself" he continues. "I thought you were dead for a few hours yesterday and it was the worst feeling in the world."

I understand.

If I had thought Harry was dead . . . I would've been inconsolable.

"I need you, Louis" he says. "Please . . . I-I forgive you, can you forgive me?”

I stand up.

And then I wrap my arms around him and bury my face in his neck.

“I forgive you” I mumble. “I'm sorry I'm such an arse.” He chuckles, his whole body shaking.

“We're both arses” he says. “It's probably why we're such good friends.”

-

We head down for breakfast together. None of the others are up yet, so Harry starts making an omelet, while I do my best to be a general nuisance.

You know, singing Harry's least favourite songs loudly and off-key, occasionally flicking his arm, scaring him just as he tries to crack an egg.

The kitchen is a mess by the time Zayn wanders in, looking exhausted.

He looks happier when he sees Harry and I, though.

“Are you two done fighting?” he asks.

“I don't know” Harry says, as I launch into a rousing chorus of the Friday song. “We might have to have another row if he doesn't shut up.”

“Gotta get down on Friday!”

“It's Thursday” Zayn says.

“D'you think he cares?” Harry asks.

“It's Friday, Friday.”

“What the hell are you doing, Louis?” asks Niall, wandering into the kitchen. “And why are there eggs all over the floor?”

“Gotta get down on Friday!”

“I'm making omelets” Harry says.

“They're not fighting anymore” Zayn adds.

Before I can start the next verse of the song, a hand clamps down on my mouth.

And it's not Harry, Zayn, or Niall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello

Sorry. Cliffy again.

This one's not as bad x3

300 votes on the WHOLE story for an upload.

You guys should totally go and read my story Everything About You, 'cause it's less popular and it was my first and I feel bad that nobody's reading it :(

So go make it feel less lonely x3

Answer this question in a comment:

Does it annoy you when I advertise my other less-popular stories on this one?

Hint: No.

:)

Love you guys so so so so so much <3

~Brook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 272 18
This one i wrote cause i figured, why not? I hope you all enjoy it as much as i did writing it. Comments and criticism always wanted :) Enjoy!
3.7K 34 20
[COMPLETED] I'm bad at descriptions but it's a good story so read it!
77 0 24
There's no explanation about this story. It's a 1D fanfic!! Take a try and read it :)
86 1 14
One Direction Fanfic.