Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter LVIII

5.9K 142 11
By DreamingToBe17

Dedicated to: @Ari182703

Cayden

I should've not said those stuff to her. I know I hurt her feelings and it also hurts me seeing her crying. If I could just go back in time and punch myself in the face before I started rumbling up those words just to let her see how it hurts for me, seeing her with someone.

I should've not let her go before. I should've just told her the truth, even though she'll end up hating me every other way. I should've told her that I love her before, I should've told her all those things that I have regret before making such a dumbass move that made her slip through my fingers even more.

I can't see the worth of my life, living each day full of regret. I am unable to do what I want to do without her by my side, supporting me, giving me love and showing me what is right and what is wrong, what to do and what not to do.

I should've chased her when she left. I should've but instead, I just watched her walk away because I know it is the best thing to do and that she wanted some space, even though I know that she doesn't.

I arrived at our house after Hailey and I fought. I am hoping that she would rather go here than go back to her home, knowing that it wouldn't be safe for her. But, I know she's smarter to not head back to her house since it screams danger, even from the distance and by hearing the story that she told me.

The front door of our house opened, seeing my dad leaving the house, "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm going to the company, I need to check on some files and bring them back here for revision," He said and I nodded my head. "See you later," he added as he starts walking towards his car.

"Wait," I stopped him. He looked back and gave me a questioning look, "Have you seen Hailey, by any chance, this evening?" I asked and it took him a few minutes to gather the question I asked him.

"No. But, I know that she went to the school's prom, which by the way, aren't you going? Because it seems like you are dressed for the evening," Dad asked as I look down, taking a look at the black tuxedo that I was wearing.

"No, I changed my mind," I said, "Anyways, night!" I went inside and closed the front door, sighing as I walked towards the stairs and head into my bedroom. My phone starts ringing as I'm about to take a step on the stairs.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, sliding my phone to answer the call from Amelia.

"Hello?" I said.

"Oh my god! You answered!" Amelia says, sounding a bit panicky on the line, "Hailey has been kidnapped and I don't know where the guy took her but please, come quickly here at her house. I've been shot in the leg by that stupid guy," She says.

My eyes widen, "Alright, alright. I'll send an ambulance on the way," I said as I ended the call. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and ran out of the house and into the garage I went.

I unlocked my car and hopped in. I put the keys in the ignition and the engine roars to life as I started driving, forgetting to buckle my seat belt for safety but hoping that Amelia is fine and Hailey is still alive and safe.

After hearing about what happened to Hailey, it made me mad at myself. I told her I was going to protect her and that I will be there by her side no matter what happens, but now, I'm not there to protect her. I just wish that I will be able to find her in no time.

***

I arrived at the hospital, together with Amelia and the emergency team that has been there with us inside the ambulance, performing first-aid to Amelia while we are going all the way here.

Once the nurses and doctors rushed Amelia into the operating room to remove the bullet on her leg, I sat down on the chair and waited for her. Praying for her safety and praying for Hailey's safety.

Although, on the other hand, my dad and I have no idea where Hailey's mom is at. It's kind of sketchy to see her leave earlier without giving me or my dad a heads up on where she's off to. I hope she's safe too.

After waiting for a couple of hours for Amelia to finish the operation, a doctor leaves the operating room. He removes his surgical mask as I stand up and walked towards him, "Are you the patient's family?" He asked.

"No, I'm her friend," I said, "What's the news?" I asked as he looked at me.

"We successfully removed the bullet from her leg. She's in good hands now, she just needs to rest," The doctor said and I nodded my head. "I'll be giving you some prescription for the medicine that she'll be needing."

"We'll be transferring her to a room for you to visit. For the mean time, you may either go home or stay with her. I'll just head in my office to write you the prescription and I'll give it to the nurse in the pharmacy for you to pay for her medicine and I'll be back to check on her over an hour or so when she wakes up."

"Alright, thank you so much," I said as the doctor leaves my sight. The operation doors opened as I see Amelia lying on the bed as the nurses push the bed towards a room.

"Take a rest first and we'll talk about what happened," I said to Amelia as she nods her head without uttering a word. I watch them enter a room as I walk off towards the pharmacy and ready to call Noah regarding Amelia's health.

I watch as Noah came rushing towards Amelia's room to give Amelia a hug. She embraced Noah as I roll my eyes at the both of them.

"Are you feeling any better?" Noah asks as he puts a strand of Amelia's hair on her ear as she nods her head and gave Noah a reassuring smile to let him know that everything's alright.

"So, tell me. What happened back at Hailey's house? Why were you there and why is she there?" I asked as the both of them looked at me. Amelia rolls her eyes at me as I gave her a questioning look.

"Clearly, after you, two lovebirds fought. She thought it would be best to stay away from you because of what you said towards her," Amelia said as I gave her a weird look.

"What I said about her and Caleb was true," I defended myself.

"What she's telling you is true. What you're spilling out of your mouth is false because you are accusing her of something you don't really know about. She doesn't like my brother, my brother likes her. Caleb was the one who kissed Hailey and she rejected Caleb for you. You just don't want to listen to her and you guys really need to start listening to each other's opinions."

Amelia said as Noah shakes his head. I looked at him annoyingly as he looks away from me, "Right," I said, "But, what happened?" I asked. Noah stands up from the chair beside Amelia as he kisses Amelia's forehead.

"I'll go get some drinks, you guys want any?" Noah asked as we both looked at him. "Water for me," Amelia says. Noah looks at me, waiting for me to respond.

"I'm good," I said as he nods his head and heads out of the hospital room. I look at Amelia as she sits up comfortably on the bed, looking at me. "I texted her earlier and she told me that she was at her house. I told her that I was going there and she told me that the front door is open and that I'll just call when I arrive."

I looked at her, listening carefully to what she's telling me, "When I arrived, I tried calling her but she won't answer. So, I decided to enter the house and soon, I spotted her in the kitchen, in the dark. At first, I kept on talking and she won't utter a word but she keeps on mouthing me something,"

"When she pointed her fingers to look down, my eyes looked down the floor and saw two large shoes. So I figured, there's an intruder,"

"Trevor," I whispered to myself.

"I was panicking inside so I told her that I'll buy some pepperoni pizza," She said as I gave her a questioning look.

"Why the hell are you going to buy a pizza while Trevo—I mean, the intruder is in the house?" I asked angrily as Amelia looks at me with a questioning look.

"Trevor? And no, idiot. I didn't really order pizza, I wish I could've. But, I called the police just to let the intruder think that I'll be buying a pizza," Amelia says as I nod my head.

"Sounds reasonable," I told her as she rolls her eyes at me.

"So, after I called the police. I walked towards the kitchen but she wasn't there anymore. Then, I saw the man and Hailey heading towards the back door. As a familiar guy pulls the trigger of his gun, shooting me at my leg as I scream in pain. I saw him punch Hailey on the floor as she blacks out and as the guy continuously drags her body outside the house."

"It was fucking Trevor. He's the only one responsible for everything on what's happening to Hailey and..." I paused as I realize something, "Hailey's mom!" I said as I look at Amelia wide-eyed. "I need to go find them!"

"I think Hailey has her phone with her. You can track her phone and you'll be able to find where they are," Amelia says as I look at her.

"Thank you," I said, "I'll call you when we find her and if she's safe and sound, just rest for now. Noah will be here to take care of you and don't worry about your parents because Noah already called them to inform them about what happened to you."

"Alright, thank you. Please be safe and I hope you find her, alive," Amelia said as I stopped in my tracks.

"I will do everything to find her and I won't stop until I find her," I said as I twist the doorknob to open. I walk out of Amelia's room and ready to walk outside the hospital to start my search.

I stopped first in my tracks to start tracking down Hailey's phone. Her location is always on, so, hopefully, this will be easy for them to track down. Once my phone made a "ding" sound, seeing that I already tracked where they are, I continue walking outside.

"Dude, where are you going?" I hear Noah say as he stops me by grabbing my bicep.

"To find Hailey and to kill Trevor," I said as I look at Noah with a hint of madness in my eyes, by just saying Trevor's name is making me mad at him even more.

"Do you need back-up?" Noah asked and I look at him with a serious look, thinking about what he said. I might need some back-up for this, just to keep everyone safe but Trevor, dead.

"Yeah. I'll text you the plan," I told him.

"Alright, bro. Be safe!" He said as he pats my shoulder as I start running towards the parking lot, where my car is parked. I unlocked the car and hopped in as I put the keys to the ignition.

Please be safe, Hailey. Stay alive for me because I love you until my last breath.

***

Hello.

Sorry if I haven't updated last week because I was too busy, helping to pack our luggage and when we arrived at our destination, I was so jet-lagged. Plus, I wasn't connected to my aunt's WiFi.

Also, I can't add the dedication to you guys on the dedication bar because I am using my phone for the update.

But, here it is. I hope you guys enjoyed reading, don't forget to Vote, comment your thoughts and Share this story with your friends.

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
704K 24.1K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
1.1M 40.5K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
55.3M 1.6M 47
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid hea...