Mightier Pen

By FairySalvatore

Julia is a struggling author with a famous fashion designer as a best friend. When both of them end up at a t... More

Don't get drunk
Blind Date
Meeting an Assassin
Trouble after trouble
Making someone believe
The Tarot Card Lady
Another Breach
Too many similarities
Scary Habit
Parallel Universe
Knowing the enemy
Paying the price
Living the reality
Travelling Dimensions
Rescue Planning
Mission Impossible
Deal with the Pixie
The push and the pull
Finding Robin Hood
War is coming
The root cause.
Idea from Dream
Misguiding too much
Tricking and being tricked
Master of power
Silent aches
My Redemption

Hating and Loving

775 96 11
By FairySalvatore

I was that weird nonchalant kind of person that didn't know where their best friend's boyfriend lived. But now that I did, I realized Adrian was super rich. He had a mansion, a summer house, an apartment somewhere close to the place he worked. Summerhouse, like really. I have just one all -season house.

But now as it happens I had no place to live and I can't take a gorgeous assassin to my home where my parents lived, we sat in the beautifully decorated summer house of Adrian.

"You can live here as long as you want. I told Adrian you were having some neighborhood issues which not a complete lie." Sandra said.

She was dressed elegantly in an oxford blue jumpsuit and all set to go to work. Though her nerves were jumbled she was professional when it came to her work.

I nodded not sure what to do. I was a little scared to be alone with Vance since I knew he was dangerous but then again he was my character so I had little relief in my head.

I walked to the dining table where Vance was sitting drinking a juice like he was a totally normal person.

"What is the plan of action?" I asked him since I had no idea what else to say.

"You tell me, you are the author." He tone was not pleasant.

Obviously, he hated me for ruining his life, for killing the one he loved. I didn't say a word and sat down in silence.

An apology wouldn't cut it.

"Why would you do something like that? You think my life and so many other lives are a joke. That you can manipulate them like you want."

I don't cry easily, I am that kind of person. But now my eyes water and I just stare at my toes not daring to lift my eyes up. And it overflowed from my eyes to the carpet under my feet.

"She died because you wrote that." He hissed with hatred.

I trembled at his words.

"I am sorry," I said because I wanted to say it.

I was a bad writer, no publishing company wanted me and here I was destroying lives with my useless talent. I should have given up writing a long time ago.

My phone vibrated and I saw that in all the havoc I haven't called my mom. I answered immediately before she went ballistic with worry.

"Hi, Mom." I tried to sound as normal as I can.

"Why didn't you call?" She started scolding me followed by a lecture how I will understand this feeling of worry once I have my own kid and etc etc.

"I am fine mom, just busy with work. I will call you back later."

"I have something important to discuss so make sure you call back." She said and I know what it will be about.

Her deep dark desire to find love for me.

~~~

I didn't know when I fell asleep but when I woke up I was hoping for everything that happened to be a dream. But I was still in Adrian's summer house but there was no Vance around.

Panic hit me as I realized he might have vanished. Should I have written something? Is his character fading already. I stepped out of the house and started looking around calling out his name. If someone saw me, they will definitely think I am crazy. It was nine at night and I was running around calling out some name.

I wanted to call Sandra but I didn't because I felt guilty calling her over because a character from my book vanished. And then I saw him walking over looking like a model for whatever he was wearing, the t-shirt was a little snug on him and that did wonders for anyone who looked at him. In the darkness of night, there is something dangerous yet seductive about him as he walked closer.

And then I noticed the blood on his clothes.

"What happened? Are you alright?" I asked checking for any injuries but he pushed me away.

"Not my blood." He said and my heart froze.

"Vance," I whispered a little terrified.

"There was a male trying to harm a little kid. He had a knife in his hand and he was about to do some serious damage to the kid."

"So you killed him?" I asked not wanting him to answer this question.

But he did. 

"Yes." I inhaled sharply at his answer.

He actually looked quite calm about killing a person.

"How could you? You can't just go around killing people Vance." I was getting angry.

"And you can?" that hit the spot.

And he marched off in direction of our home.

I realized something that moment, Vance was a really dangerous person.

~~~

I was awake the whole night after that since I didn't know what he might do if I slept again.

Around three at night, Vance started groaning as if he was in a lot of pain. He was having nightmares, I knew that well enough, I even knew what he was seeing in those nightmares.

I wrote them. He was seeing his home get burned, he was seeing his family die and he was seeing his first love being killed.

I went ahead and did what I felt right at that moment. I held his hand. The gesture made no sense since he hated me with all his might and he was not used to someone next to him at night but I have had my set of nightmares and that I time I wished that when I woke up from those, someone must be there next to me.

As soon as my hand held his tightly clutched palm, he relaxed. It was miraculous almost to see the crease on his forehead smoothen, his breathing calming down and I almost smiled to myself.

When he suddenly woke up and pushed me down harshly and was over me with a sword on my neck. I gulped in fear totally terrified of that look in his eyes, look that made him feared in the book, look that a person would see last before they died.

His eyes scanned my face and he looked confused for a moment.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" He asked angrily.

"N-nightmare." I struggled to say a complete sense.

He looked even angrier if that is possible.

"Don' you dare pity me." He snapped.

"No, I will never-" I stopped as his glare deepened.

And yet for that one second, my eyes flickered to his lips. I quickly blinked to hide my direction of eyes.

He got up and sighed exasperatedly by my presence may be.

"Don't come near me." He said and I nodded.

The good thing about this whole deal was that now we both were awake.

~~~

I described a scene where I made Vance do exactly what was happening now but it kept deleting itself so I called Synara.

"No, write whatever you planned. He is stuck in our world and that is not the part of the story. You can't write it." She explained to me.

So I write what I wanted. The three-eyed witch was in the wind but she couldn't harm the King and since it was time to play the romantic card in the story, the doctor Cecile was kidnapped and Vance will go to her rescue. 

But now it got me thinking, will he ever feel that way for anyone. Was I forcing his feelings?

"What do you think about Cecile?" I asked him blatantly since I had no way with words when I have to talk.

"Who?"

"The female doctor you met." I clarified slightly surprised that he had to ask why.

"A pawn." He said so rudely that I thought my romantic story was going down the drain.

"She runs that illegal little clinic for her dead grandmother and that helps me catch a lot of evil supernatural and rule breakers."

Why did I make his character so darn difficult and hot?

"Why, what are you planning to do with her character?" I almost yelled in happiness with a slight concern in his tone.

So he did care what happened to his character.

"I am sorry what I did, It was not intentional," I mumble hoping he would hear and not hear.

"We will know how sorry you will feel once I did what you did in my life, completely destroy it." I can't even argue at this point.

I did make him go through that painful training of becoming the assassin and made him so dark by filling nothing but pain in his life. But I was also not completely at fault here.

I just have to make sure that I send him back where he came from before he takes his promise of revenge seriously.

~~~

Nothing eventful happened for a week except the fact that I took him shopping. Vance took a liking to take long walks at night and he was always gone when I woke up. He practiced with weapons some time and was surprisingly a gentleman in front of Sandra and Adrian.

I told Sandra about his threat and even though he tried to get the knowledge of my family, we kept silent about it.

It was the night after the weekend get together, Sandra and Adrian left and Vance chugged his fifth vodka glass. I hate drinking so I made my character accordingly. He also didn't drink since had to be vigilant and all but today he was drinking and I felt sad for some reason.

"I will kill Sandra first." He said in a deep slurry tone.

He was tipsy.

"You don't mean that," I said not sure if he did or did not.

"But I do." 

He threw the glass in his hand aimed at me, I moved but some splinters hit my leg.

I stumbled away from him scared that I will die by his hands today. My life was miserable before but not bad enough that I want to die.

"I didn't know what will happen. I was just writing it, like most of the writers do." I defended my actions though I know it will not calm him down.

I wouldn't have calmed down if I was in that much pain.

"Don't lie." He yelled and I flinched.

The splinters of glass were cutting deeper but I couldn't afford to lose focus on him.

And then he came too close and my breath froze. He fingers curled around my neck, "Should I strangle you to death the way Natalia died?"

His eyes were read with a mix of hate and pain in them.

I gulped.

His first love was named Natalia. I didn't name her but it was in the list of the names I was going to give her.

Was she strangled to death? I needed to check my notes. Unknowingly a tear escaped my eyes, she was just a character and yet I killed her, not only her but also the baby within her, Vance's child.

"If this reduces your pain you can strangle me," I whispered surprising myself that guilt was so overpowering my senses right now.

"I could have done that the moment we first met." And then his hands went from my neck to my waist and he roughly pulled me closer.

He reeked of alcohol and I felt nauseous by it but my eyes couldn't leave him.

"Why the hell do you look like her then?" He whispered back in desperation.

"W-What?" I was not sure what he meant.

His other hand cupped my cheek and his thumb caressed my skin softly.

"Why do you look like Natalia then?" And I saw a tear escape his eyes before he lost consciousness right in my arms.

------------------------------------------------------

Ha! I bet that surprised you :D

What do you think about this plot twist ;)

Is Vance behaving wrongly or do you understand his situation?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 22K 85
A LINE UNBROKEN. A TRUTH UNSPOKEN. Born into wealth and privilege as the niece of an emperor, Starborn Lady Mhera never dreamt that tragedy would sh...
320K 17.9K 59
In a time of myth and magic, nine ancient mighty kingdoms are at war from as far as the inscriptions go back and stories are told. Leila is an orphan...
53.5K 5K 55
[Book 1 and 2 COMPLETE] Straight-A student Jane Huang cares only about acing her classes and graduating college... until a terrifying encounter with...
14K 1.1K 45
Book 1 - Completed *FIRST DRAFT* It's never easy when you find yourself inheriting magical powers you thought were only legends. 'Guardians' are gif...