The Father (RWBY x male reade...

By ModerateOutis

In history, there are stories of legends. Beings of great power and unmatched feats of skill, that their name... More

Info
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Bonus chapter: The forgotten story
8
9
10
Bonus chapter: Extra info
11
12
13
14
15
Bonus chapter: JNPR vs (y/n)
16
Bonus chapter: Elly vs (y/n)
17
Bonus chapter: Brock vs (y/n)
I think I've been tagged......
18
Bonus chapter: Natalie vs (y/n)
Bonus chapter: Banana War at Grimm Castle
19
20
Bonus chapter: Aw crap, they're back! Pt. 1
Bonus chapter: Silver eyes
Bonus chapter: Aw crap, they're back! Pt. 2
Bonus chapter: Velvet vs (y/n)
21-Long awaited
22
23
24
Bonus chapter: Another day in the Castle
25
Final bonus chapter: The comparison
26
27
28-Dies irae, dies illa
Thank you
Soon
Now

Bonus chapter: Salem

12.3K 228 134
By ModerateOutis

[One month after birth]

Outside of a village lies a small cottage. Inside the cottage stands two concerned parents and a disheartened town healer.

Father: Well?

Mother: Is she going to be all right?

Healer:... I'm... I'm sorry you two, but given the fact she was born prematurely, I'm surprised she didn't pass on in delivery. I will do everything I can to help her, but to be honest... I give her two months. I'm sorry.

The mother broke down in tears while the father embraced her, holding back his own tears.

Healer: I'll return with some more supplies. I will leave you to your thoughts.

As he takes his leave, the parents make their way to their child's room. Inside the room, stands a small crib. The two slowly walk over to the crib and look upon the occupant laying in it. A sleeping baby, smaller than should be, with a little patch of blonde hair on the top of it's head.

Mother: "sobs" M-my little Salem...

Father: Come on, honey. We'll figure something out. I have faith.

They walk back to the door. As they close the door behind them, a tall figure with a helmet and armor on his arms and legs with a a dark cloak appears from behind the door.

You: Hmmph. Faith is for the desperate.

He walks over to the crib and places his hands on the edge. He looks down at the small form.

You: How pathetic. To be doomed before you can even open your eyes. They are only denying the inevitable. And when the time comes, it will only be worse for them... I would be committing mercy if I end it here.

He reaches his hand for the babies head to enact what he believes to be the kindest action he can ever commit to a mortal. Then, he stops... He gazes upon the infant, thinking.

Throughout the years since his return, he has watched as children grew up to just roam through life. Seeking purpose that will not grace most of them with the slightest bit of kindness. Some end up lost, some become legends, and some become new monsters to torment the world. He looks upon the baby and wonders; if she were to live, guided in the right direction...

What impact would she have on the world?

He extends his index and touches the child's forehead. A dark energy gently spreads over the baby's body. He retracts his hand back, and the dark energy floats back to it's forehead before disappearing. After a few seconds, the baby thrashes a little before making the first sound since it's birth.

Salem: "cough" "cries"

You: Ssshh. Hush, little one. When the time comes, I will return for you. Until then, rest now... Salem.

After the figure disappears, the parents rush into the room in concern for their child.

[Eight years after birth]

After that day, it seemed as if she was slowly gaining her strength. The healer was baffled in this turn of events, but the parents were over joyed to know that their baby will live for many years to come. For the first few years, the small family lived a peaceful life. Little Salem was simply a ball of untamed energy, with unbound joy and curiosity. Her golden hair flowing through the air as she ran with emerald green eyes full of untainted innocence.

Until... Six years after she was born, her village was attacked by a band of marauders. Her small cottage was the first to be hit. As her parents were killed, Salem hid in inside a cabinet. The marauders were driven from the village, but to Salem it was too late. The next two years have been nothing short of hell.

She remained in her home for the time being, only leaving to get food. At times a villager will show pity and hand out scraps of food, but most times they simply shoo her away. Then, there are the bullies. Two boys and a girl. They have been tormenting her for the past two years. Today is no different.

Salem is running through the field, trying to get back to her dilapidated home. The three bullies hot on her metaphorical tail. The sight of the house is off in the distance. As Salem continues to run, she trips on a rock and falls down, scraping her left knee. Before she could get up one of the bullies kicks her in the stomach, knocking her back down weeping.

Bully1: Hahaha! Where do think you're going?

Bully2: Back to your crummy house? The village should have burnt it down with you in it!

Bully3: Nobody cares about you, so why are you even still here?

Salem: P-please... Lea-

Before she could finish one of the bullies threw a rock at her, striking her head. Salem keels over as she clutches her face.

Bully3: Huh, what's that? We can't hear you. Ha!

Salem's p.o.v.

Why... Why would they do this? I have done nothing to them, and yet they torment me every day for no reason. I just don't understand. Those bad people took my parents, no one would help me ever since, now these bullies. Why would people do any of this to their own kind?

I can hear the bullies just laugh... at me. I hate them...

I hate them all!

I rip my hands from my face. Tears streaking my face. I never knew that my eyes turned pitch black with red irises, though.

Salem: LeAvE mE aLoNe!

And like that, the three bullies just... popped. Blood and organs fly everywhere. Surprised by this I let out yelp and shield my face. I stay like this for a few seconds before I bring my arms down and open my now normal eyes. All I can see around me is blood and a few chunks of meat. Confused from what happened, I hear footsteps behind me. Turning around, I see a tall man in dark armor walking towards me. Terrified I try to stand up and run, only to fall back down with pain shooting up my knee. It still hurts from the fall. Looking back up, he is standing over me. I close my eyes and wait for the worst.

You: Are you okay, little one?

Slowly opening my eyes, I see he is kneeling down to my height.

Salem: Please... don't hurt me.

He reaches a hand to my head. I flinch and he stops for a second before touching my cheek. He rubs it for a moment and pulls his hand back. On his hand is a little bit of blood.

You: Why would I ever do such a thing?

He tilts his head to the side and looks behind me at the red mess.

You: Hmm. Quite an amazing feat you just pulled off. I'm impressed.

Salem: U-um.

You: We should get you cleaned up, then get something to eat. Would you like that?

I don't understand. For the first time in two years, someone is showing me kindness. Not pity, but actual kindness. I just sit there as he waits for my answer.

I reach my arms out for him. He grabs my tiny frame and lifts me up. I wrap my small arms around his neck as he walks to the house. I look over at the bloody mess that the three kids were standing in just a minute ago. I don't feel dread or joy from what happened. Only... relief.

[18 years after birth]

3rd p.o.v.

It has been ten years since Salem was adopted by that strange man. Over time she has learned of who or, more specifically, what he is. Even when she was told all of this, she still refers to him as her father.

She walks across an open field to her new home.

She walks through the door and calls out.

Salem: Father? I'm home!

You: I'm in the basement. Come down here when you can.

She hears him say in the distance. She makes her way down to the basement. Further in, she sees her father standing in front of two tied up people.

You: Glad you can finally make it, Salem.

Salem: Sorry, father. I had a hard time finding the necessary ingredients.

You: Ah. For a second there, I thought you were having a nice talk with the blacksmith's son. If you know what mean.

Salem: F-father!

You: Hahaha!

Victim1: Please... let us go.

Victim2: We won't tell anyone!

You: Uh-huh, great. Now Salem, we are going to be practicing transmutation then moving on to grimm summoning.

Salem: Of course.

You: Now, you start with enveloping someone in your energy, imagine what form you wish for them to be in, then extend that thought to your target.

He demonstrates this with the first victim. As he continues to beg while being covered in dark energy, the father just continues with his demonstration. After a few seconds the cloud parts and before them stands a grotesque beast.

You: Now you.

Salem: "sigh" I got this.

She walks in front of the second victim.

Victim2: P-please ma'am, I don't know what I have done to deserve this but I am sorry! Just let me go and I will never speak of this! Ever!

Salem: Do they always have to say the same thing?

You: Mortals can be so unoriginal now a days.

Energy shoots from Salem's hand and envelopes the victim. He simply screams. In just a moment the energy is cut and dissipates. On the floor lays a dead deformed human.

You: Why did you stop-

He looks over at Salem to see her on her knees disoriented, blood dripping from her nose.

You: Salem.

She snaps her head to her father wide eyed.

Salem: N-no! I can do it this time! I swear!

You: You have made great progress, but your body is still not ready for this power yet. Let us just move on to the next task.

He looks over to the abomination and points to the door. It runs out and up the stairs.

You: That should give the village guards something to do.

He helps Salem up and to the backyard.

You: Now, just like you practiced from before.

Salem: Extend a portal to any point and summon a grimm, got it.

She sticks her hand out and launches a ball of energy on the ground. As she concentrates, a small form starts to show. Releasing the energy, what appears to be a tiny grimm dragon with six eyes sits their. Seeing this, Salem gasps and runs to the small grimm to hug it.

Salem: It's so cuuute!

As she hugs it, the grimm makes a tiny squeak.

Salem: OH MY GOD, YOU SOUND CUTE AS FUCK!

You: Well, that's a new one...

Salem: Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase.

She says with wide green puppy eyes, along with the grimm.

You:... Very well. But it's your responsibility.

Salem: Yay!

She runs back into the house with the grimm in her arms. The sound of screaming can be heard from the village in the distance. The father simply chuckles and heads inside to prepare a special tea he made not long ago.

[100 years after birth]

A lot has happened over the years. Salem was discovered of her true intentions by the village and was attacked, there were no survivors. She moved into a castle that her father made by hand. Her pet dragon got locked away under a mountain by a wizard. And now she was going to be killed by said wizard.

She lays in the middle of a forest covered in her own blood. Salem was attacked by some strange wizard that knew of all her actions in the past. She gave this fight everything she had, and yet it wasn't enough. As she got to her knees, the wizard approached her with a sword.

Wizard: This ends here, Salem.

Salem: "cough" H-ha! You know nothing, old man! If you strike me down, there will only be hell for you and all of these pathetic mortals!

He raises his sword and prepares to finish her. Salem closes her eyes and braces for the end...

When nothing came, she opened her eyes and saw her father standing in front of her. Time seems to have stopped.

You: Well you got yourself in quite the pickle, Salem.

Salem: This wizard... He is too strong.

You: Yes, I can tell from all the blood. Which is why I think now is a good time to unlock your true powers.

Salem:... I'm sorry what?

You: Don't question me when I am saving your life... again.

He reaches his index to her forehead.

You: Oh...

*boop*

You: And happy birthday.

As he vanishes, a great surge of power flows through her. Time moves back to normal. But for Salem, it's as if it is moving slow. She looks up at the sword and grabs it, halting the wizard's swing. Before he could react, he is met with a fist to the gut. He is launched across the forest until he collides against a tree. As he is coughing up blood, he looks up at Salem.

Her entire form starts to change. Her skin becomes deathly white, eyes that were once green become black as night with crimson irises, black veins start to form around her eyes and arms, golden locks became as white as her skin. But most of all, a strange diamond starts to form on her forehead.

Transformation complete, she looks upon her attacker. She raises her hand at him and launches a ball of energy. As it makes contact with the wizard, a large explosion engulfs him. As the dust settles, there is no sign of the wizard or the tree. Satisfied, she teleports to her home.

*bamf*

[Location: grimm castle]

*bamf*

As Salem arrives, she is approached by her father... in what appears to be a new form.

Salem: Father?

You: You like the new look? I came up with it when you were getting your ass handed to you earlier.

Salem:...

You: So, I'm guessing you were victorious.

Salem: Yes, the wizard is dead.

You: Let's just hope he never knew any resurrection spells, or someone curses him with reincarnation.

Salem: That's... oddly specific.

You: Anyway, would you like something to drink?

Salem: Crimson Tea, yes.

You: I'll be right back, I need to stop by an orphanage.

*bamf*

[One minute later]

*bamf*

You: Alright, I got some from a fat kid, I hope you like extra swee-OH MY ME! WHAT THE HELL?!

Fire... Fire everywhere he looked. Without wasting a second he launches his hands out and a strong gust of wind flies throughout the castle, snuffing out all the flames.

You: Salem? SALEM!

Salem: "cough" Father.

Rushing to his daughter, he embraces her in a hug... before grabbing her by the shoulders and lifting her up to eye level.

You: What happened?!

Salem: F-father, I can explain!

You: Please do, because I am legitimately curious!

Salem: I-I wanted to test my new powers out... and I may have gotten a little excited...

You:.......

He places her back on her feet.

You: You're cleaning the whole castle.

Salem: What?!

You: Also, you're grounded.

Salem: Oh come on! It's my birthday!

You: Alright, fine. Your not grounded, but you're still cleaning.

He leaves Salem to her punishment and heads over to the basement.

You: "sigh" I wonder what the future holds for us now?

[Many, many years after birth]

You: Salem, I'm heading out to sign up for Beacon, try not to burn the place down again while I'm gone.

And the rest, you know so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 417 9
How does the story go again? Oh yes... Wolf, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Ashen One, Tarnished, or Good Hunter... burdenous titles cast upon Y...
28.9K 319 7
In the world of Remnant, where almost everyone has a unique semblance, there is one young man who stands out the most. (Y/n) has a very special sembl...
1.2K 7 5
Remnant is a land full of legends and stories. Some are more popularly known such The Story of the Seasons and the legend of the Silver-Warriors. How...
132 0 15
When reading stories you all ways hear about the Heros and the Villans No matter what book or website you reading it on this is the norm......But wha...