Time Tells All (Book 4)

By kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... More

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Bahamas
Alive
Proposition
Information
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Death
Torture
Solitude
Clean Up
Free
Moving On
Heart Broken
Epilogue
Amanda's Story
Update

The Knock

1.9K 59 15
By kthaler

Kelly’s Point of View

            My first thought was that I personally wanted to murder Robbins. My mind was still in shock from Kyle showing up at my house, knowing I was supposed to be dead and hidden from him. How the hell can she just leave me with Kyle? After everything he’s done to me, and she just decides to trust him with my life? Robbins and Kyle walked towards the front door, telling me to stay but of course, I didn’t listen. I stood up and followed silently, keeping my distance.

            “Just leave, I can deal with Kelly. I promise, she’ll be safe. If you’ve forgotten, I do love her. And was heartbroken when I thought he was dead. No one is taking her tonight and she will be perfectly safe, as long as you research.” Kyle whispered to Robbins.

            There’s no way she can actually leave me here. I didn’t believe Kyle for a second when he said those things. What if this was a trap, just so he could kidnap me again? I would never forgive Robbins if that happened. I stepped into view of Kyle and Robbins, just as the front door shut and Robbins was gone. I was officially alone with Kyle.

            “Just stay away from me.” I protested, as Kyle took a step towards me.

            “Look, I’ve spent weeks, almost a month thinking you were dead. It killed me inside. I thought of everything I put you through, and I hated myself. I’m in love with you Kelly Hunter. Sure, I may not have expressed that in the best way, but I did try. You don’t know how I felt when I saw you laying on the floor, dying right before my eyes.” He spoke softly, tears in his eyes.

            “Well now you feel the pain I was in when I was actually dying. If I wasn’t such of a stubborn bitch I would have let myself die, but I just couldn’t stop fighting, despite how much I wanted my life to be over with. And do you know why I wanted to die? It was because of you. I may have forgiven you when I was dying, but things change.” I spoke confidently.

            “This is all my fault, I know. I feel like shit everyday. But I’m going to get revenge on Kayden for what he did to you. I promise you that.” He said walking closer to me, but I wouldn’t let him get close to me.

            “Well that’s good for you, but right now I’m just trying to push the past behind me and live a somewhat normal life.” I frowned, knowing I would never have a normal life. I would always be the scarred, broken girl, who’s hiding from her past.

            “I like the black hair by the way. Though, the blonde will always be my favorite.” Feeling a bit weak in my knees, I decided to go and sit down on the couch. Hearing and seeing him once again, brought back too many bad memories. He was the reason Kayden was after me in the first place.

            “Well, I was supposed to be dead, but I guess changing how you look, doesn’t really hide you.” I said, frowning.

            I watched him closely as he walked in the living room and sat down on the same couch as me. My eyes widened, as my heart started to race. Oh my God, he was way too close to me. All my built up anger just came out as I slapped Kyle across the face.

            “I guess I deserved that.” He said, rubbing his reddening cheek. God, that felt amazing to do. I went to stand up but felt his hand grab my arm.

            “Please let me go.” I said, holding back tears.

            “Kelly, I promise after I get what I need, I will leave you alone, but let me be here. I thought you were dead. Please, just let me be with you.” He begged, shocking me because of how vulnerable he was being.

            “Maybe you should’ve thought about that before you ruined my life.” I snapped.

            “Believe it or not, I care about you. I never wanted to hurt you, I just wanted to be with you.” He said, looking at me like I was going to disappear right before his eyes.

            “I’ve always wondered this, ever since you first kidnapped me. Why? Why didn’t you just ask me out of try to win me over like a normal person? So, the age difference would have been weird but if you truly loved me, you would have kept trying and I would have probably fallen for you.” I said, tears in my eyes.

            “I figured you wouldn’t like me like that. Plus, I worked with you dad and he wouldn’t approve of us.” Kyle said, his eyes never leaving mine.

            I shook my head, thinking that a secret relationship would have solved all of this. My dad would have warmed up to the idea if we were in love. Now, the idea of loving Kyle sickened me. I tried to stand up again, but Kyle wouldn’t let me. This really started to make me feel trapped by him.

            “Please, let me go.” I begged, pleading with my eyes.

            “Answer this question, would you ever love me?” He asked.

            “Maybe before you kidnapped me, but not now. I don’t think I could ever love you after everything you’ve done.” I admitted.

            He sighed and let go of my arm. I quickly got up and moved to the couch across from him. I did have to admit that I was shocked at how calm and non-murderous he was acting. He almost seemed like the Kyle I used to know. If only I knew what was going through his head right now. I glanced at the clock and it had only been five minutes since Robbins left.

            This was so awkward, what do you even say to your kidnapper when he offers to watch over and protect you? I ran my fingers through my hair, untangling it. I would never get used to looking at myself with black hair. It was just so different and I wasn’t used to it.

            “So, who’s Amanda?” I asked, breaking the silence.

            I was curious to who this woman could be and why she was so important to Kyle. She had faked her death he said, so that meant her past was probably just as messed up as mine. Well he didn’t say she faked her death, but that’s what I’m assuming when she was supposedly dead six years ago but is actually alive. That sounds like my situation. Oh my God, what if she is like me and Kyle kidnapped her so she faked her death to hide from him?

            “An old friend of mine. She’s in some trouble and I need to get her out of it. I just don’t know where she is.” He said, and I sighed, thankful she wasn’t another kidnapped victim, that is, unless he’s lying to me.

            Thankfully, thirty minutes went by and I heard the front door open and I heard Robbins. I stood up, and ran to the front door to see Robbins staring at me, making sure I wasn’t hurt or anything.

            “Everything alright?” She asked, suspiciously.

            “Yeah, just tell him what he wants to know so he can leave.” I said, quickly as Kyle walked into the walkway, waiting for Robbins to speak.

            “I looked up the name and she popped up, but there wasn’t anything on here that’s present.  It said she died six years ago like you said, in a bomb explosion. I checked her credit cards, passports, everything she had, and nothing came up.” Robbins frowned.

            “Wait, Amanda always told me how she hated her last name, but loved her mother’s maiden name, Greene. Tomorrow, I’ll come back here at noon and watch Kelly while you research Amanda Greene, or bad things will happen. I suggest you don’t leave her alone for awhile because Kayden isn’t someone to mess with or to underestimate.” Kyle warned.

            “Fine, see you tomorrow.” Robbins said and I wanted to smack her again for agreeing to have Kyle stay with me once again, she was crazy.

            I watched as Kyle nodded and walked out the front door to his car. I glared at Robbins and she gave me an apologetic smile, which I frowned at. There was so many things I wanted to yell at her for right now. How could she do this? Sure, it was for my safety, but was Kyle really safe?

            “Really? I can’t believe you left me with him! Do you not remember all the thing he did to me and my family? Everyone is dead that I love, because of him.” I spat.

            “Look, he can protect you. As much as you hate him, I can’t leave you here alone to be kidnapped. I won’t go through the pain of losing you again. I need you safe.” She protested.

            “And Kyle’s safe?” I all but yelled at her.

            “Safer than Kayden and you survived thirty minutes with him and he didn’t kidnap or hurt you, so yes, he is safer than Kayden. Do you want to be taken by that kind of man? At least Kyle loves you, where Kayden practically killed you.” Robbins said, now getting close to yelling.

            “I just don’t like him around, he’s acting like nothing happened.” I said.

            “Well, I’m sorry but tomorrow just suck it up and hide in your room. I need to find something for Kyle, before he does go crazy and back to his other self.” Robbins said, walking out to the kitchen, getting herself something to drink.

            I knew she was exhausted and worried, just like I was. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and I wondered who it could be at almost ten o’clock at night. Maybe it was Kyle, needing something else from us. I made my way to the door and opened it. A scream filled the air.

Hey everyone, here's another chapter. Look at me updating yesterday and today!!! I'm pretty proud that I've updated this quickly. Now, i've probably said this before but i would love you all so much if you could check out my story, "On the Run." It's a werewolf story, but isn't just another lovestory. I've been updating that one really quick too, and would love more faithful readers to read it!!!

Anyways, sorry for the little rant, i just want that story to be as popular as this one!!! This chapter's dedication goes to @yeahitsme123. Thanks for commenting and reading!!!! I love everyone who enjoys my stories!!! Not sure when i will update again, but i'll try and do it soon.

Here's the big quesiton:

What do you think happened at the end with the knock and the scream?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 23 110
What happens when betrayal mars innocent hearts in love? What happens when innocence is destroyed and a monster is created? What happens when judgeme...
2.6M 136K 49
The third book to the Family Comes First trilogy Time has passed, and now Hunter is seventeen and preparing to graduate from high school. Jimmy is...