☑ | World of Mary Sue, But I'...

By aquaseries

Jesse (man) died only to be transmigrated as Feng Mian (woman), in a world ran by Mary Sue. Fortunately, he d... More

Jesse
1: Out From The Frying Pan Into The Fire
2: Counterattack
3: Earning money, money, money
4: Loyal Dogs & Damsels
5: Ryou Hisa
6: Counterattack II
7: Sunshine Orphanage
8: Ying Yue Zhao
9: Engagement
10: Feng Mian meets Emperor
11: Emperor and the Devil
12: Working Together; Effectively
13: Rumored To Be Gay
14: Family Gathering With Liu's
15: Double Rejections
16: Summer Date
17: Catching The Dogs In The Act (!)
18: 2 Years
19: Limelight
20: Lust & Love
22: Counterattack III
23: Two Men, A Heart of Gold
24: The Wolf Found His Mate
25: Shi Bai
26: Passionate Kisses, She Dominates
27: Three Is One?
28: Henpecked Husband
29: DNA Result (!)
30: Mary Sue Is Vicious
31: Ultimate Counterattack I
32: Ultimate Counterattack II (!)
32.5: Roball
33: Chasing Love
34: Love Formula
35: Captured Wolf (!)
36: Pretend Boyfriend(s)
37: The Rumored System Reincarnation
38: Wedding Nights (!!)
39: Assorted Teas
40: The Last Gathering
40.5: The End
41: Dragon Child
42: REVENGE
43: SINS
44: Epilogue
Special 1 (!BL)
Special 2 (!BL)
Special 3 (!BL)

21: SCHEME

6.2K 292 227
By aquaseries

THEN THERE CAME THE DAY of Creative Studios' 35th annual celebration. Several famous people were present, which included Feng Mian Zhao, Fei Long Liu and every member of Ying Yue's harem. The old and the young mingled, and gossips to the latest news were exchanged.

Standing at a corner, away from everyone's prying eyes, Feng Mian languidly rested her slender body on the cream colored wall, a curtain draped before her, shadowing her whole countenance. She was holding a glass of punch as her frost-cold eyes pierced through each and everyone in the hall.

If there was anyone who had a clearer understanding of what was going on, it was Feng Mian whose gears in her head was already moving to every step of what was gonna be the ruckus of the night. She was sure to be entertained by her half-sister of a clown.

"Mian... are you listening to me?"

Fei Long was pouting on his chair, situated just beside Feng Mian's seat. He has been talking about the global business news when he realized Feng Mian's mind was elsewhere. Despite feeling aggrieved, he stopped himself before realizing he was acting like a woman.

Feng Mian recovered her gaze from the crowd and turned to look into Fei Long's electric blue eyes that was dancing with strange light. She perceived something was bothering Fei Long but if the person himself do not initiate to share, then she wouldn't say anything.

"You were saying?"

Fei Long sighed. "Don't concern yourself with it anymore, although congratulations on passing your exams." He smiled, it was deep and happy, as if he was the one who passed the entrance exam himself.

Feng Mian smiled. "Thanks."

They were quiet for a moment with Fei Long simply staring at Feng Mian when she suddenly remembered something. "Fei Long, no matter what happens tonight, you must not come to my rescue."

He frowned. "...Okay."

If there was anyone who Fei Long wouldn't question, they were Feng Mian and his maternal grandmother. Hence, no matter what, Fei Long will only be a spectator.

Feng Mian's eyes went back to the crowd, while Fei Long was thinking of Feng Mian's schemes. Both of them knew the only person who can possibly elicit her to act differently was Ying Yue herself. Thinking from there, he speculated that a hidden scheme has been prepared to ruin her somehow, and this was why he was warned beforehand.

After working with Feng Mian for so long, Fei Long understood Feng Mian's way of dealing with troublesome things more than anyone. And he truly didn't have to worry a thing, except, his heart does not wish to see her bullied.

"Mian, why don't you just hire assassins to kill her?" Fei Long suddenly asked, his eyes staring at the distance.

Without looking back, Feng Mian replied. "She is not worth it."

"...En." He nodded solemnly. "Hey." He called once again.

"Yea." Feng Mian still did not look back, her eyes focused on someone.

"Do you need more finger foods?" He gently offered.

"I'm good."

"How about a refill?"

"I don't need anymore."

"Do you have someone in your heart?"

"Sir Money." Feng Mian was still unfazed despite Fei Long's attempts at making her look at him.

"How does one become Sir Money?"

"Sir Money is made of money."

"...." He really wanted to grab Feng Mian's chin and make her look his way, but that would make Feng Mian hate him. He sighed once again, feeling hopeless. Then his eyes still returned on Feng Mian. How to court a man?

As his mind was busy, the celebration finally begun. Enricko Matheus and his family came through the door, greeted by everyone left and right while flashes from cameras followed after them. They were all smiles, showing their pearly white teeth and gleeful eyes.

But there was one person with them that was not a Matheus, Ying Yue Zhao in her beautiful gown with no strap. Her cleavage drew attraction as well as her hourglass proportions. She was indeed a beauty capable of toppling cities.

Her every step caused the tail of her dress to create beautiful waves, like petals. Her face looked like that of an angel, one that cannot possibly do you wrong, while her eyes spoke of magnanimity.

Everyone's eyes were suddenly on her, and she felt good about it until her eyes landed on a certain handsome Feng Mian who was looking right at her too. For a moment, she felt her heart beat in anxiousness, as if she was falling into a trap. But she immediately shook the doubt just as fast, her mind leering at someone else's misfortune tonight!

"Don't you think she is pretty?" Feng Mian asked Fei Long.

He blinked, squinted his eyes and doubtfully asked, "Is she?"

Feng Mian smirked, giving Fei Long a glance. Although it was meant to give someone a scare, Fei Long only felt his heart being scratched by a cat. How can a man look so adorable?

Feng Mian then returned to spectating the celebration while Fei Long was left holding back the urge to hug her from the back, so much so that his knuckles had turned white. He clutched his sour heart and repressed the sweetness trying to override his mind, then he was left feeling bitter. Being in love is so hard...

After the ceremony, everyone was free to mingle and talk to the main characters of the night. Many of which crowded around Ying Yue who was treated like a goddess in some people's heart.

Iker: "Yue'er.. You look so beautiful tonight!" He sweetly smiled, as if she was the only one in the world he could ever want.

Balthazar: "Yue, do you want to grab drink with me?" He offered, winking at her with his confident charms, and hinting her for something more.

Mo Chou: "Yue-Yue, you shouldn't hang out with someone as frivolous as him. Come, come, I'll walk you to my parents. They've missed you terribly!

Kon Rhee: "...Ying Yue... yeppeuda..." He softly complimented, his face warming up into a blush.

Ian Kai: "Hey, Ms Zhao... Can you please give me a moment of your time? I.. I want to talk to you in private... please." He stammered, obviously attracted to her but disguised his nervousness with formality.

Surrounded by handsome young men, Ying Yue flattered herself. She has slept with more than half of them before, and there was no doubt intimacy exists between them.

One might wonder why the men themselves weren't blatantly antagonizing one another.

None of them really knew that Ying Yue had slept with any other beside themselves. She has covered her tracks very well, and scheduled for each men to appear only when none of the others would be coming to meet with her. Even for nightly activities, she switches between them from time to time, depending on her mood.

So even if she had to marry one, their wouldn't be deep enmity, for the men thought of themselves decent and will never reveal they have slept with a goddess like Ying Yue unless she agreed to be in a relationship.

Hence, her harem remained harmonious like a kindergarten with her being the wicked caretaker.

These were the thoughts in Feng Mian's mind as she looked upon the men and could only see them as boys desperate for their crush's attention, unable to see reality nor doubt the person they've decided to give their heart to. It was foolish.

Suddenly, she felt a hand over her head, causing her alarm. Her eyes widened like that of a frightened cat as she turned to the hand's owner, only to find Fei Long freeze up at her reaction.

He stammered as he confessed. "S-sorry. Your hair looked so soft..."

"........." Feng Mian glared at him with daggers, calming her heart from the scare. She has lowered her guard so many times with Fei Long because she knew he was harmless. "Touch your own soft hair!" She growled.

Fei Long whimpered mentally, a little hurt. "..Fine."

Narrowing her eyes into slits, Feng Mian relented, her heart softening at seeing Fei Long hurt like a dog kicked in the stomach. She sighed. "...You can touch it. Only for a few seconds and no more."

Fei Long's eyes brightened considerably even if his face still looked like it was carrying the whole world. He eagerly drew himself closer to Feng Mian, sticking to her like glue and stroked her hair gently at first, then after some repetition, he slowly begun combing her hair. He was so intent that some might misunderstand he was studying Feng Mian's every strand of hair.

Feng Mian decided to disregard Fei Long's growing strange antics and went back to eyeing Ying Yue who was almost buried with men.

And since Feng Mian did not stop Fei Long, he continued playing with her hair. His electric blue eyes dancing with mirth, as his heart bloomed with flowers and butterflies flattering in his stomach. He was suddenly very happy and the world brightened with his glee.

So soft, smells good and it's Feng Mian's hair! His mind chanted.

Meanwhile, Ying Yue slowly removed herself from her crowd of admirers and walked to the stage. She tested the microphone, "Ah-ah." And signaled a group of people to set up something she's prepared beforehand.

Everyone expected her to do a performance to make the Matheus family happy, but everyone was surprise to see the huge screen featuring Young Master Zhao doing three-some with a man and a woman.

"Everyone, I apologies for having you come here tonight to bare witness of my older brother's wickedness. I have suffered from his cruelties for a long time as well, and I can't just do this anymore!!" She exclaimed in her shaky pitiful voice, inciting sympathy from the crowd.

Nobody really knew what sort of person Feng Mian was, and all they knew very well were her achievements in the business industry, owning several establishments and toppling other corporations who couldn't keep up.

Hence, a quarter of the crowd actually had animosity with Feng Mian for being too good with her job, and others couldn't very well do the same and felt jealousy and hatred for the overachiever. Feng Mian was not to blame, it was their heart that had become corrupted for feeling inferior and desperate.

Now that Ying Yue had given them the chance to possibly insult and ruin Feng Mian, they couldn't pass up the chance. And one by one, they begun shouting crude words, lies and empty accusations.

"That Feng Mian bastard really doesn't have a heart! He threatened me and my family to pull away from the Viva Water Project. Because of him, we are struggling to keep the company together!! Look at his frivolous ways, bedding strangers and even doing it with man and woman!! Scam of a man!"

"He is so fucked up... My daughter's friend who went to his high school also said he didn't go to school and only paid with his money to graduate. Tsk Tsk. Others are working so hard and he just pays his way through education. No wonder he only knows how to threaten people. Tsk Tsk."

"So all his achievements are actually from ruining other people's lives! That Loan Shark... Dog-something, anyways- Dogs, just like him. He should just step down from the business world for reaching the top with unfair means. He shouldn't even be getting people's money just for warming the CEO seat!! Poor Ms Ying Yue Zhao, victimized by an evil brother.."

"Someone called the police yet? Gather the media too before this Scam-Mian does anything to ruin us all."

"Scam-Mian, that's a good name. How about it Ms Yue? Can we call the court for your brother? You are our strongest evidence against him. Did he molest you? For how long? What else did he do to you?"

"...He..... he... r-raped.. me..." Huge tears rained down on her beautiful face, and even the women who were merely keeping quiet had their hearts soften, glaring daggers towards Feng Mian's direction.

Not for long, journalists, cameramen and everyone from several media companies came rushing in unannounced, as if someone had already tipped them.

Extra: The Snowy Heights

There exist two nations called Voreios and Notos.

Notos was suddenly engulfed in a war against the smaller countries surrounding them, and due to lack of soldiers, children and abled men were forced to participate and sacrifice their lives, using the heroic reason of protecting one's country.

Then there was a cowardly soldier who escaped from his duty, attempting to find safety towards the north, where Voreios was. Along his escapade, he encountered an orphan girl who had not eaten anything for days, and so he offered her food and allowed her to accompany him.

Together, they dashed away from their country to save their own hide. They encountered other refugees as well, and so their number grew.

The journey was arduous and they couldn't hunt for animals just as well, but it was still fine until they entered Voreios' boundary where it was always winter.

Everyone was not dressed adequately and food was becoming scarce. Hunting became even more dangerous that had costed a few of them their lives. But they continued forward for another chance at life.

All the while, the coward soldier and the orphan girl became closer after talking to one another in their journey.

"I left home by myself because I became aware that the more family members we had in our home, the less everyone was able to eat. So I left, hoping my parents and siblings can eat a little bit more. I became an orphan by choice."

Hearing her selflessness, the coward soldier was suddenly filled with guilt.

Here she was, an orphan girl with nothing but her malnourished body, but thoughtful than most men. Him, who knew how to hold the rifle, kill a man, hunt for food and defend his country and its people, escaped with his own life.

They were vastly different, but they were both going to the north, towards Voreios where they could be given another chance. Maybe then, he could redeem himself.

However, before he could even start redeeming himself, their group of refugees were suddenly attacked by wild animals. Almost all of them died, and he would have died too if the orphan girl did not protect him until the end.

Since the start, they were all only able to survive because of her contribution too.

When everyone did not get along at first, she tried hard to mediate with everyone and she became the center of the crowd, cheering and motivating everyone up, filling them with hope for another day.

When they were starved for a few days, she suggested a clever idea that enabled them to stretch their limit.

And now, when he was about to be bitten head first, she lurched herself against the beast, falling towards the cliff and never to see ever again.

When she was falling, with the beast turning its head and biting her neck, she smiled at him, a smile full of hope, that she was fine, and he needed to fulfill what they started.

He has to finish what they started.

Hence, with only five of them left out of twenty-five, they struggled for a month before finally arriving in Voreios. They were immediately taken in by the government and provided help. But even then, they all felt empty with so many things they've lost during their escape.

The coward soldier slowly changed with the remembrance of the selfless orphan girl he only met by chance, fed by chance and took along his journey by chance. It was all by chance, but he was her hope.

And through that last smile of her's, the coward soldier embarked in his second half of life, living his life for the girl who had missed her chance. The girl who traded her life for his.

If she thought it was worth it, he had to make it worth it.

[This story rang strongly to the northern people because the war did happen, and many refugees joined the nation Voreios. Hence, making the film very touching and emotional, earning Feng Mian looots of money! -> Refer to Chapter 9 of why Enricko almost cried.]

[Of course, all must keep in mind that these are all fiction and there's no such nation as Voreios or war in a non-existent Notos.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 24K 68
Rhea, a normal college student who's drowning in loans and debt, dies by the infamous truck-sama. Unwillingly being bounded to a System, She is force...
348K 19.5K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...
5.6K 302 19
In a small coastal town, there were rumors of a lonely young man who lived in a beautiful mansion alone. One day a young man came off a bus at the pi...
150K 7.8K 42
Xiao Zhan is a filial son. He is very cheerful and generous, but he wants to build a record to be having 50 girlfriends in one year. Can he make his...