BODY ARMOR [Currently Editing]

By ANPANWO-MAN

ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇᴀʀ. ᴏɴᴇ ꜰᴀᴅᴇꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀɪꜱᴇꜱ. -ᴅ... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 [ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 [ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14[ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]
Twenty 2
Twenty 3
Twenty 4
Twenty 5 -Pt 1
Twenty 5 -Pt 2
Twenty 5 Pt 3
Twenty 6
Twenty 7
Twenty 8
Forgive me father { For I have sinned }
Watch me break
Thirty 1
Thirty 2
Thirty 3
Thirty 4
Goodbye.
Author's Note

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 [ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]

4.2K 113 9
By ANPANWO-MAN

"ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ, ɪ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ ᴛᴜʀɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ.''

-ʙᴏʙ ᴍᴀʀʟᴇʏ

<>

Chapter 12

Scene One

[Avengers Base]

[10:14 am]

Sage was unaware of the precise hour at which the incident occurred. Perhaps it was midnight or later. A tremendous blast of flames shook her out of her reverie. She couldn't sleep that night, which seemed odd following the events of the day. Instead, she remained awake, contemplating not only her unusual conduct but also how to properly control it in the future. It was a miracle Wanda had found her this time, but what about the next time? What if it was vision? Or Natasha. In a worst-case scenario, Tony. Who knows how they'd all handle the circumstance? These thoughts kept her awake long enough for her to witness the events that followed the flaming flare-up.

Sage had rushed out of her room and into the gloomy and deserted hall of the base without any reasoning behind her panic. Her eyes, which had been anxiously scouring the black expanse, were not made aware of the entity creeping up behind her. Perhaps it was a startling perception of danger that aroused her instincts, pushing her into fight or flight mode. Sage, unfortunately for the perpetrator, was not one to back down from a challenge. Instead, she swung around, with a propulsive force driving her fist squarely in line with the perpetrator's face. Sage's abilities were still very much suppressed, which was fortunate for him. The fact that the stranger was Clint made the scenario much better.

"A guy retires, returns, and this is how he's treated," he quips as he carefully pushes the woman's hands away from his eye line. "Clint?" Sage exhales, visibly surprised by his unexpected appearance. "Oh, my goodness. "What are you doing here?" She gasps out, delight and bewilderment coloring her tone as she rushes toward him with a strong grip. He happily returns the gesture, embracing the woman briefly before they separate. "Disappointing my kids "I was supposed to go water-skiing," he admits, reaching behind him and drawing two identical arrows, directing them in separate directions.

Sage quickly connected the dots. "You set off the explosion," she accuses, perplexedly staring at him. "It's called a distraction. "I needed to get the floating security system out of here first," he says as he reaches out and grabs her hand. Suddenly leading her farther down the corridor. "Wait, Clint, what's going on?" Sage murmurs as she stumbles alongside him. No time for questions, Sage. "Captain needs you," he says as he continues down the corridor. That phrase alone forced the woman to come to a halt, withdrawing her hand away from Clint's.

"What's the matter?" In perplexity, he inquires. "You're here to break me out," she exasperates. "Yes. Don't you want to go? "Come on, we still need Wanda," he insists, extending out his hand for her again. Sage contemplates the proposition while staring at his palm. This was it. The opportunity she had been waiting for to flee. He was standing directly in front of her, arms wide. Ready to whisk her away from the place she didn't want to be. So why? Why is it that she can't seem to take the initial step? What's holding her back?

"I can't," she eventually decides. Clint's expression of shock matched precisely how she felt after saying that. "Sage, stop messing about, we don't have much time," Clint attempts to persuade her, but he is unsuccessful. "I'm serious, Clint," she insists again. "I can't just abandon you. What would I say to the others?"

"Tell them you weren't able to find me," she states seriously. "I'm sure everyone anticipated Tony's strict surveillance of me. Just tell them you weren't able to reach me in time." With a sigh, the man expresses his dissatisfaction with the entire concept. Sage, as far as he knew, did not want to be here. In fact, he could tell she didn't want to be here, but he couldn't figure out why she wouldn't go with him. "Can you just have faith that I'm doing this for a good reason?" She desperately attempts to persuade him.

"Is it self-sacrifice? Or are you merely trying to save your own skin?" The distinctive Sokovian accent enters the discourse, drawing both Sage and Clint's attention to her. "Wanda," Sage breathes, apparently relieved. "Nice of you to join us," Clint says with a brief smile. "Why are you here?" She asks him directly, eliciting a little sigh from him. He pulls two more arrows from his back and fires them at opposite ends of the room. "I don't have time to respond to that again. Come on, Cap needs our help," he urges, grabbing her hand in his and reaching for Sage's again. She ultimately declines.

"Clint, I can't leave. It's a lot deeper than I am now." She turns to face Wanda and takes her hand in hers. "As soon as you get to cap, tell him to go. Every one of you needs to leave," She exhorts, turning to face Clint. "Something doesn't feel right about this."

"Of course, it doesn't seem right, everyone's fighting," Wanda sighs, disappointed. "No, no, it's much more," Sage insists. "Look, the next time you guys run into the others, it won't be for a chat. I'm certain of it. So, if you don't want to be in trouble; If you don't want to continually disappoint your family, I recommend you leave, and don't look back."

"Does that apply to you?" Clint inquires, concernedly staring at the woman. She glances away from his sight, filled with remorse. "Sage?" He pushes her, taking a step forward. "Look, I have no idea what's going to happen, okay?" She chokes out, taking careful steps back. "Just do what I tell you. Tell the captain what I told you." She continues to instruct as she moves away from them both. "I can't be here any longer. If I get caught, things will be far worse," she concedes, giving the two one last glance before breaking into a frantic dash back the way she came. Evading Vision's entry by only a few seconds.

Tragically, avoiding what had become a fight wasn't enough to get her off of the witness stand. Instead, she spent the morning answering question after question and evading allegation after accusation until they decided to let her go. She was present when Vision dragged himself out of the hole Wanda had driven him into after things had calmed down last night. Due to her talents being tranquilized, all she could do was watch as he hauled himself out. Somehow, she'd found herself in the same room as him, wallowing in an uncomfortable quiet.

"How do you feel?" In an effort to break the tension, she asks abruptly. "After last night... Not just the hole, but also the lady who put you there... How do you feel about that?" She asks clumsily, possibly worsening the situation. "My main concern for Wanda is that she'll be perceived as more of a villain as a result of her choice," Vision says tersely, his attention locked on the holographic panel in front of them both. Sighing, the woman sits back in her chair, sliding her hands into the pockets of her cardigan. "You can't control people's fear, Vision. I learned the hard way," The woman sighs. All she could feel at the time was the metal brushing her wrists. "All you have to do is keep your own under control."

He finally shifts his sight away from the hologram and onto the woman slumped in her chair across from him. "You know, that's precisely what Wanda said to me last night," he tells her, surprised. "Oh," Sage muffles. "I suppose she's not as naive as I thought," Sage remarks, smiling softly.

"Neither were you last night," Vision says abruptly, catching the woman off guard. "What?" She wonders aloud innocently, attempting to stay as unaffected as possible. "It was wishful thinking on your part. Assuming I wouldn't see you escaping from Clint and Wanda," he continues. Her mask dropped for a brief moment. But she rapidly adjusted her features to get the unbothered appearance she desired. "What does it matter? I'm still here, aren't I? I didn't run away. I did nothing wrong," she insists. "You certainly didn't," Vision affirms. "It was shocking to see you decline such a deal. I understood at that moment that you comprehended the seriousness of the predicament we're all in. And exactly what the right course of action to take was."

"Yeah, well, when important things are at stake, it becomes quite clear which course you should choose," she remarks, her voice slick. "I'm curious, what are some of the things you're talking about?" Vision thinks aloud, prompting the woman to snort. Turning her gaze elsewhere, she spots a fresh face moving towards the doorway just outside the glass walls. Vision notices this as well, and a faint smile forms on his lips at the coincidence. Sage sits up in her chair as the door breaks open, revealing the person behind it.

"Peter?" When he walks in, she reacts with surprise. This was the first time she'd seen him since her arrival. "Hello, mam-Sage. It's good to see you again." He returns the uncomfortable greeting, offering the woman a wobbly wave and grin. "Vision, sir," He also greets the Synthezoid who is there in the room. Sage gives Vision a quick glance, only to find him looking at her with a knowing gleam in his eyes. She returns her attention to the young child after clearing her throat. Is there something you need, Peter?

"Oh, Mr. Stark asked me to find you. "He said it's vital," Peter respectfully informs her, eliciting a long sigh from the woman. "It appears you're required somewhere," Vision says calmly. "Perhaps we can continue our chat another time. Maybe you can enlighten me on the things that are important to you," Vision adds, forcing the woman to leap from her seat. "Good luck with your Wanda dilemma," she wisely answers before storming off for the exit. Peter quickly walks away from the exit, enabling the woman to pass through. Peter accelerates as he bids vision farewell in an attempt to catch up to Sage's vanishing form.

He trails closely after her, fidgeting slightly. "Shouldn't you be the one to lead the way?" Sage pipes up, glancing back at home with a raised brow. "Me?" Peter is taken aback by her startling inquiry. "Yes of course. "You're the only one who knows where Tony is," Sage says, motioning for him to step ahead of her. With a bashful smile, the boy quickens his pace and walks alongside her.

Sage grins as she stares down at him, a question in her thoughts. "How have you been? You know, wandering around the base and meeting the other people. Meeting Iron Man and half of what I hope is still the Avengers?" She asks innocently. Peter is already smiling, and his mouth instantly starts to run. "This has been incredible! It's like a dream come true."

"This entire place is so great, and everyone is so cool, and Mr. Stark? He's been absolutely incredible! I've always admired him, but having the opportunity to meet him and be a part of this with him is just... Ahhh!" Peter gushes, his face bright with delight. Sage couldn't help but smile as well. For some strange reason, seeing him happy made her happy. She had only known him for a short time, yet she felt a connection with him from the very first moment they shared. Peter gave her a sense of familiarity. Maybe it's his naiveté, his youth, his desire to soak up everything like a sponge. Whatever it was, it clearly succeeded in gaining her adoration.

"I'm really happy I got to meet you too Sage," He suddenly announces, catching the girl off guard. "Huh?" She gasps, suddenly taking out her thoughts. Blushing lightly, Peter runs a hand behind his neck. "I've mentioned this before, but you inspired me a lot. Just knowing that someone out there, who was once my age was able to become this really massive superhero helped push me in my direction. Spider-Man is something that was fully realized because of people like you," He wholeheartedly admits, with a sheepish look on his features. "Peter..." Sage trails off astounded, and genuinely moved by his generous and kind words. "I don't know what to say," She admits, looking at him, with the softest pout on her lips. She wasn't sad, but her heart suddenly felt like crying. At that moment as she looked at him, biting back her own tears, she reinforced her decision to protect the young boy. Exhaling heavily, trying to gather her thoughts, she blinks rapidly, before raising a hand and dropping her palm onto the mold of his head. Her fingers bury within his hair, messing it up a bit as her fingers work their way into his tresses. "You're a really sweet kid. I can tell your heart's definitely in it," She points out making him smile wider. "If you remain this way... Optimistic and genuine in your efforts as spider-man; As Peter Parker, you'll turn out to be the best of us all."

With those words, Sage's hand slipped from Peter's touch and back into the pockets of her cardigan. Her words seemed to touch the boy, just as he did her. His footsteps ceased, and he found himself staring ahead of him at the woman as she herself came to a stop. "Come on Peter. No time to be shocked," She chuckles, motioning for him to join her on their path. With a light blush, and a shy smile, he makes his way back to her side, and they carry on as they did before.

They spoke for the majority of the walk to Stark. In fairness, it was mostly Peter speaking and Sage listening in fondness. She didn't mind though, Peter was that refreshing breath of air she needed in this suffocating situation.

________________________________________________________________________________

Scene Two

[11:45 am]

Peter had walked Sage to her destination, happily. After sharing meaningful and lighthearted conversations, it felt like they fostered what seemed to be leading to a good relationship with one another. Lately, the presence of those around her hasn't been anything close to calming. But Peter seemed to bring that peaceful distraction she needed. She hadn't realized it as they walked, but he had brought her to the Lab. Inside Tony sat at his desk, his fingers working double time on the multiple holographic screens before him. Silently, Sage made her way inside the room undetected by the man. With him so deep in thought she didn't feel the need to disturb him.

How peculiar is that? Sage couldn't always explain her actions, but she could always trace them back to the individuals at the other end of her mental processes. She knew departing with Clint was what she desired, but she opted to stay instead. Why? Well, for those she kept in her thoughts. That includes the man seated in front of her, working continuously. Despite being irritated and offended by his acts, she remained mute, not wanting to impede his work. She felt like a child again. Sitting by quietly as she watched him diligently work on his many inventions and upgrades. She remembered the pure joy she would experience when he called her over to his workstation, showing her bits and pieces of his inventions. As the years went on, gradually she became more engrossed in his work. Things went from helping her create small lamps and robots to helping him adjust malfunctions on suits and make upgrades on equipment and more. Sage wasn't the genius Tony had proclaimed her to be, but she did have a good head on her shoulders. He was always proud of everything she had accomplished, no matter how grand it had been.

________________________________________________________________________________

ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ɢʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ!! ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴏʏꜰᴜʟ ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ.

-♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 25.8K 45
𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐌| ❝Are you ever serious?❞ ❝Sweetheart, serious ...
1.1M 26.6K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
54.4K 1.8K 34
𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐘| ❝And I will love you, endlessly.❞ 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫―︎𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐲 @𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐱𝐬�...
361K 5.3K 103
𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙤 𝙙𝙤-𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨. 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙀𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨.