☑ | World of Mary Sue, But I'...

By aquaseries

Jesse (man) died only to be transmigrated as Feng Mian (woman), in a world ran by Mary Sue. Fortunately, he d... More

Jesse
1: Out From The Frying Pan Into The Fire
2: Counterattack
3: Earning money, money, money
4: Loyal Dogs & Damsels
5: Ryou Hisa
6: Counterattack II
7: Sunshine Orphanage
8: Ying Yue Zhao
9: Engagement
10: Feng Mian meets Emperor
11: Emperor and the Devil
12: Working Together; Effectively
13: Rumored To Be Gay
14: Family Gathering With Liu's
15: Double Rejections
16: Summer Date
17: Catching The Dogs In The Act (!)
19: Limelight
20: Lust & Love
21: SCHEME
22: Counterattack III
23: Two Men, A Heart of Gold
24: The Wolf Found His Mate
25: Shi Bai
26: Passionate Kisses, She Dominates
27: Three Is One?
28: Henpecked Husband
29: DNA Result (!)
30: Mary Sue Is Vicious
31: Ultimate Counterattack I
32: Ultimate Counterattack II (!)
32.5: Roball
33: Chasing Love
34: Love Formula
35: Captured Wolf (!)
36: Pretend Boyfriend(s)
37: The Rumored System Reincarnation
38: Wedding Nights (!!)
39: Assorted Teas
40: The Last Gathering
40.5: The End
41: Dragon Child
42: REVENGE
43: SINS
44: Epilogue
Special 1 (!BL)
Special 2 (!BL)
Special 3 (!BL)

18: 2 Years

6.4K 324 183
By aquaseries

FEI LONG AND FENG MIAN spent the rest of their week exploring the hot spots in London, silently agreeing to put the incident with Ying Yue and Balthazar at the back of their head. During this week-long vacation, Fei Long realized he wanted to keep Feng Mian as a friend.

As they were sitting inside Fei Long's private jet plane, he gently called for her, "Feng Mian."

Feng Mian was busy planning ahead for when she lands in D City by booking several appointments, summarizing reports and schedule conferences over the businesses that sprang up in her head while roaming around in London. She looked up briefly from her phone when she used to be too lazy to do so. 

"What?"

Fei Long smiled at Feng Mian's slight change. "I want us to keep in contact even if you decide to build your own Empire."

Feng Mian raised a brow and her lips pursed. "Elaborate, Mr Liu."

"Go on an outing from time to time. Hang out somewhere in D City, or visit each other's houses."

"Did your head mess up after that roller coaster the other day?"

Fei Long shook his head, a small smile lacing his lips. "I want to unwind from time to time, and you can easily do that by just being around."

"Calling is just as fine."

"But I want to hang out."

"Are you asking me to be your friend...?"

"...Is it too much to ask? Although you don't really have a choice."

"If you can pay me $500,000 dollars annually, I'll agree to hanging out with you."

"...You are so expensive."

Feng Mian scoffed. "Of course."

Fei Long simply shrugged, bemused. "Fine."

His assistant who was busy managing his schedule stopped tapping his keyboard. Master Liu... I thought you would have realized something by now!! You wasted 6 DAYS just to ask Feng Mian to be your friend!

He too, shook his head, forcing himself to feel contented for his Master's surprisingly short relationship goals. Maybe he should start advising controversial books such as Coming out of the closet, or Hot Men in Love. Whatever the case, he must make sure his Master does not end up heartbroken again!

When Feng Mian finally returned to her mansion, she was welcomed by a jolly Arata Ito, composed Ryou Hisa, worried Ellar Fin and the passionate Dean. She suddenly felt tired, but urged everyone to sit at the living room and asked Ellar Fin and Dean to prepare for tea and snacks for all.

"I'm moving on to stage 3 which requires your approval, Zhao-sama. I hope you can recommend me some individuals that are easy to work with while excellent at their job. I believe in your discerning eyes!!" Arata Ito happily boot licked, obviously throwing all the annoying work to Feng Mian.

Feng Mian accepted the thick wad of folder and threw it at the side, she then looked up at Ryou Hisa expectantly. The latter received his cue and swiftly brought out his laptop, and after some taps, he then turned it around for Feng Mian to see.

"You've worked hard." Arata Ito whimpered for being dejected, but he was also curious as to what Ryou Hisa showed to make the everlasting frost in Feng Mian's eyes thaw.

He stretched his neck as far as possible, only to have his eyes bulge out of his eyes.

"Seen enough?" Feng Mian humored, resting her chin at the back of her hand, still looking at the information on Ryou's laptop screen.

Arata Ito stumbled for words before managing to finally catch his senses, but before he could say anything, Ellar Fin and Dean brought their teas and snacks.

In moments, the aroma of Earl Grey Tea from England spread. Everyone took their time to sit, including Ellar Fin and Dean despite their protest. Feng Mian simply said, "Just sit." And they could no longer argue.

"Ito-san, I need you to speak your mind." Because she was too lazy to explain.

Arata Ito was happy to oblige for his curiosity was eating away at his heart.

"You hired one of the best lawyers in D City to hire agents to find out the origins of all the orphans in your Sunshine Orphanage... Are you still okay, Zhao-sama? I don't mean to be rude, but nobody would ever think of wasting money just for--"

"Enough." Feng Mian politely stopped Arata Ito from speaking further, considering Dean was in the same room. "What matters are the results. You've seen it, isn't it lovely?" 

Arata Ito felt like he was suddenly in front of a King of Demons with fire imps urging him to grovel on the floor. Feng Mian suddenly grew huge horns in his mind, but he immediately shook his head and his imagination before he truly offended his hero.

He then questioned eagerly, "Yes, but you'll be causing trouble for some of the prestigious families."

Ryou Hisa suddenly commented, "Everyone don't have to know their relatives, but only those who want to. Although I advise we do some screening first, so the children can be free from the burden of negative emotions or confusion."

"Right. For now, we have one here. Dean." 

Upon Feng Mian's call, Dean subconsciously stood up from her seat. "Y-Yes?"

"Do you wish to know about your parents?"

Dean was blank at first, then bewildered and eventually a frown. "If I have to leave here by knowing, then I don't want to."

Arata Ito whistled, while Ryou Hisa calmly took Dean's reaction, quietly calculating in his head.

"You work for me, so you don't have to leave if you don't hand me a valid excuse for your resignation."

Although what Feng Mian said was domineering, Dean was happy hearing it. She took her seat once again and said, "Then I'm interested to know who they are and where they are, please."

Feng Mian curtly nodded, pushing the laptop to Arata Ito to which the latter helplessly reviewed and begun reading aloud.

"Prime Minister Frost, full name Michael Frost. Wife name is Cynthia Frost. Only son, Dean Argus Frost (missing). During the year 19XX, a civil war occurred that divided the nation of Kupivoc. One side was the revolutionaries, while the other was Kupivoc Republic. The then 2 years old Dean Argus was reported to be missing, but according to Michael and Cynthia Frost, they had intended for their child to reach safety while government officials were secretly fighting against assassinations.

However, amidst Dean Argus Frost's shipment, the route was likely intercepted and the child ended up missing. After the 5 year-long Civil War ended, there still was no news of Dean Argus Frost and both Michael and Cynthia Frost still continues their massive deployment of Special Agents.

Kupivoc Republic resumed its governance while the rest of the rebellions have completely been oppressed. Michael Frost came back as the Prime Minister for successfully defending the nation from several problems brought about by the Revolutionary Party.  

Dean Argus Frost has a very unique birthmark on his buttocks, which is shaped like a heart."

After Arata Ito completely read the whole excerpt, his eyes turned to Dean who was sitting not far away from him with awe. "Dean-sama..."

It was now up to Dean to decide whether he wanted to inform his parents or not, but Feng Mian also had other things in her mind. 

Softly, Dean asked, his eyes blinking with threatening tears. "D-did you already know I was a boy...?"

Arata Ito looked towards where Dean was passionately looking at, gawking.

Feng Mian sipped her tea and gently placed the teacup with a 'plunk'. "Just now."

Hearing Feng Mian's words, Dean wasn't sure whether he should be scared or not, for hiding his real gender just to get close to Feng Mian. For all his thoughts, Feng Mian already understood what he was trying to express to her. She didn't really know what to think of it, but simply said, "I understand your reasons, and I don't blame you." She paused. "But I advise you to inform your parents soon, so they don't have to unnecessarily worry about you."

Dean quietly processed Feng Mian's words before he nodded his pretty head. "I understand."

After which, Feng Mian discussed with Arata Ito about Nonki Hotel and what her plans of the people that would be hired. "If you have anyone in your family who needs work, you can prioritize them after some initial screening. Secondary examinations can be done once the construction of the building has been confirmed. After all, it's a Japanese-themed Hotel. I'll need yours and Ryou Hisa's connections on this."

Then she moved on completing more projects with Ryou Hisa, concerning a Life Insurance Company she was intending to start. There were too many laws involved and she needed to completely arm herself before she can dive into an insurance business.

Later, she also approved of a gaming company called Twilight&Dawn, involving the making of games with Unity3D platforms, MMORPGS and testing of new Virtual Reality Consoles. Although the last part was very much underdeveloped, Feng Mian hopes to see huge improvements in the next 10 years. She was sure her investments wouldn't end up for naught.

In the next week after, Feng Mian helped Fei Long with his company until the semester begun. She did not wonder why Ying Yue was not appearing before her any longer, because her agents were telling her whatever Ying Yue has been up to and they were nothing but baby steps in her eyes.

After that night with Balthazar, Ying Yue had also gotten close to a certain young Tennis Player who was visiting D City for a tournament. The young man was earning lots of money from maintaining his 4th rank in the global ranking. He also has investments with advertisement companies to pay him commission for featuring his face.

Of course, Iker Matheus and Mo Chou Huang were still hopelessly pinning for Ying Yue's time. As for Thea Mae, she was still being manipulated into obedience by Ying Yue. Besides, whenever she acted out of jealousy, Mo Chou Huang would readily side Ying Yue over her, causing her so much pain every single time.

But after all, she was also helplessly in love. 

All Feng Mian could say was, young love never lasts as she continued tapping on her keyboard while her phone kept beeping with notifications of her growing assets.

Feng Mian was in her library when Dean suddenly joined her. She stopped her work and turned her swivel chair to face him. "Have you decided?"

Dean bit his lower lip, obviously very troubled, but Feng Mian merely waited upon him. She knew what he was going to say.

Dean fidgeted where he stood. Then he inhaled to calm his nerves.

"Y-Young Master Zhao... My parents replied me back... a-and.. they are coming to get me this week... Which is really too soon, but they wouldn't relent."

"Of course. They've lost you for 11 years, going 12 now." Feng Mian softly smiled, feeling a little happy for someone else even if she never had a good family to remember by.

Suddenly, tears broke through Dean's eyes even as he tried to blink them away, trying to be strong. But he just couldn't stop the breaking of his heart, thinking of the possibility that he might not be able to see Feng Mian once again. He just almost couldn't bear it, he was barely managing to compose his messed up emotions.

"You are important too, Dean— Your life is not about me." Feng Mian finally said after letting Dean cry for as much as he needed.

He didn't have to hear Feng Mian's words that were meant to bid him goodbye. More uncontrollable tears spilled over his beautiful face, not caring for the snot that was coming out of his cute nose.

Feng Mian sighed before opening her arms. "Come here." She said.

When Dean saw her in that moment, he just knew he will never forget Feng Mian for the rest of his life. He slowly walked into her embrace, step by step. And continued to weep.

"Y-you are so cold hearted... young master.." Dean softly complained despite being in Feng Mian's warm embrace where he could clearly hear the calm rhythm of her heart as opposed to his'.

"Ehm." Feng Mian agreed, gently stroking Dean's back until he calmed down from the sudden surge of his emotions. 

Having heard about his background in the same week as his crush's return, it was not easy for the young Dean.

"I.. I will see you again, Young Master..." Dean softly promised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 262 19
In a small coastal town, there were rumors of a lonely young man who lived in a beautiful mansion alone. One day a young man came off a bus at the pi...
44.2K 4.8K 145
Wei Wuxian's girlfriend is super bored; their engagement is falling apart, and he truly believes she is cheating on him, but doesn't want to give her...
6.8M 331K 199
"Do you want to live?" "If so, sign a contact with me." The young man gazes up with a faint smile on his face, "Yes." The young man didn't care who...
345K 19.3K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...