the wedding crashers ━ deephw...

By byeongariin

bae jinyoung is getting married, lee daehwi's world collapses. © byeongariin, 2018 More

i.┃"i'm getting married."
ii.┃the phone call
iii.┃jinyoung's note
iv.┃we'll make it
v.┃energy
vi.┃against time
viii.┃epilogue

vii.┃the bouquet

1.1K 99 84
By byeongariin

"I can't breathe, Guanlin," Jihoon let out, sitting on a bench in the sidewalk, clutching his chest and panting heavily.

Guanlin, who was standing next to him, was steadying his own tall frame by using his hand as support on the bench. "I don't think I can either, hyung."

"Will Daehwi be okay?" Jihoon worried, darting his gaze onto the direction Daehwi went off to; to the church.

"I'm sure he will be. But I really want to see how he crashes the wedding, you know." Guanlin answers.

"Let's get going then," Jihoon stood up, "Let's not run, though. Maybe fast walk, I can see the church from here, after all."

"Right, let's go."

-

Jinyoung was staring blankly at Yurin, who seemed to be doing the same. Jinyoung has been paying absolutely no attention to whatever the priest was saying. After all, he didn't want to be in this position in the first place.

Yurin looked gorgeous, however she is not wearing her usual smile, which relieves Jinyoung. She does not want this either.

He did a side glance to where his friends were sitting, and his stomach quaked at the sight of only seven of them. No Guanlin, no Jihoon, and most definitely no Daehwi was sitting there with them.

Oh, how he wishes his parents did not arrange this marriage. Sure, they're doing it for the benefit of finance, but young little Baejin can't see the benefit of it for himself. In any case, he feels like he's being used.

That's when he hears the priest proclaim a question to everyone filling the venue.

"Is anyone opposing to their matrimony? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

The church doors slammed opened; before it was just opened slightly, and now it is fully showcasing the outer grounds of the church.

Everyone turned around in shock, and Jinyoung was, too. However, he could not help but let a smile make its way onto his face.

"I OPPOSE TO THE MARRIAGE!" shouted the person who just had a rather dramatic entrance.

It was none other than Lee Daehwi, purple-dyed hair in a mess, trying his best to catch his breath and visibly avoiding on having to collapse right on the spot.

"Oh my god," Jaehwan commented, not yet fully recovered from the shock.

"State your reason. Must you be reminded that it has to be a reasonable explanation and not merely because you're in love with the bride?" the priest, who seemed to be unaffected, asked Daehwi via the microphone.

I'm not in love with the bride, Daehwi thought.

"No, I am not. However, Bae Jinyoung and Choi Yurin have been forced to marry!" Daehwi shouts, still standing on the doors of the church.

The audience gasped loudly, followed by a bunch of hushed whispers, and Daehwi gulps as he catches the piercing glares of both Yurin and Jinyoung's parents.

Just then, Guanlin and Jihoon appeared in their sights, in shock as well to see Daehwi in the center of the spotlight. Not in a good way, however.

Jinyoung tried his best to keep a straight face, but he had to look down to hide his smile. Well done, Daehwi.

The priests turn to Mr. and Mrs. Bae. "Is this a fact?"

"Ridiculous,"

Jinyoung grabs the microphone from the priest.

"Mom, dad, lying isn't a good option to secure and have a legal tie."

"He did not just do that," Daniel comments, "Did he?!"

The priest sighed, as if this was all normal and happens everyday. "Very well then. The church will have to discuss this issue. Parents of the bride and groom, please follow me into the church office."

They watch as the parents trail behind the priest.

A bunch of their schoolmates were there too, witnessing everything. Jeon Somi herself was discreetly filming.

Their parents didn't invite any family members to avoid questions, so only some of their friends were there and a few business colleagues.

"The story of ours is fake, I'm sorry everyone," Yurin announces with a smile, "There is no story, actually. I just met Jinyoung-ssi two weeks ago."

Everyone's jaw dropped except for Daehwi. He knew that already.

Yurin then runs the aisle, all the way to where Daehwi was standing.

She smiles at him and Daehwi returns it. Yurin says, "Thank you." to him, before handing over the expensive-looking bouquet she was holding since the beginning of the ceremony.

Daehwi looks at Yurin, before bowing and taking the delicately designed bouquet of flowers. Yurin winks at him, "Go get him, Daehwi."

Daehwi smiles. "I will."

The people who were in their respective seats then saw Daehwi, running towards the altar where a smiling Jinyoung was standing.

"Oh my god, I'm tearing up," amongst the crowd was Kim Sejeong, fanning her eyes that were glassy.

"Jinyoungie," Daehwi begins, smile as bright and soft as ever.

The place fills with silence, anticipating what would happen next.

"Yes?" Jinyoung chuckles.

"You know you could have told us rather than place a note to crash the wedding, you know?" the younger laughs, as the crowd start to look at each other.

"Daehwi knew?!" Minhyun whisper-shouted.

"All jokes aside, I don't know if this is the right place and time to tell," Daehwi takes a deep breath.

"I hope you know how much I'm in love with you. Undeniably, I wouldn't have stopped the wedding if it weren't for my selfishness. I got jealous, that was why I started kind of avoiding the topic of your marriage the past few days. You might not feel the same way, but always remember that I'm here for you, as more than a friend or not."

"This is adorable," Kim Samuel sniffed, wiping his own tears.

"Lee Daehwi, you know I'm a man of a few words," Jinyoung replies, heart jumping of Daehwi's confession. "But I hope you don't need a bunch of words of flattery to know that I love you more than you'll ever love me."

The audience cooed; by now, Daehwi was crying, still holding the bouquet which was now shaking under his touch.

"Come here, Hwi," Jinyoung spreads out his arms wide open, an invitation for a hug.

Everyone 'aww'ed at the sight of Daehwi running into Jinyoung's arms, burying his face into the older's neck. (Cue Ong Seongwoo's wolf whistle.)

Jinyoung then pulled Daehwi gently, smiling at him, mouthing 'I love you', before smashing his own lips on the latter's, visibly smiling.

The venue was filled with cries of joy and screams of support. Their friends were losing it, and Jisung may or may not have been crying.

When the couple faced the crowd, they just grinned greatfully, thankful of all the positive reactions that Daehwi didn't expect to get.

When the noises died down, their friend Youngmin cupped his hands near his mouth to form an improvised speaker.

"I now announce Bae Jinyoung and Lee Daehwi as, uh, well the both of you aren't really married, so, legal boyfriends!"

Daehwi and Jinyoung laughed, waving at Youngmin who earned a smack from Minki saying, "Isn't that the same thing?"

Daehwi and Jinyoung pecked one more time, and like a traditional wedding, Daehwi threw the bouquet to the crowd, with the belief of whoever will catch it will get married next.

Everyone's eyes followed to where the bouquet went, and when they saw who caught it, the venue went silent.

Daehwi reacted first, laughing obnoxiously, followed by Jinyoung who snorted.

The place erupted into squealing as they saw Park Jihoon, eyes widened and both cheeks and ears red in an adorable manner, now holding the bouquet.

The squealing went louder, especially when Guanlin laughed and kissed Jihoon's cheek lovingly.

"Goodness, this day was wild," Jinyoung whispered to Daehwi, who he was backhugging.

THE END.
a/n; kidding! there's still an epilogue!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 2.1K 20
Lee Hui, approves to be a new secretary for a young CEO, Bae Jinyoung. But she encounters a lot of problems because of Mr Bae's personality. Will she...
11.1K 631 20
daehwi chooses his classes for the new school year carefully in hopes of being separated from jinyoung. or ; daehwi tries to get over his big fat cr...
470K 11.1K 43
~Sequel to IT HURTS~ ~Completed [√]~ Taehyung and Jungkook are now happily married with each other. Taehyung is so happy that Jungkook is now officia...
4.7K 173 32
𝐻𝑦𝑏𝑒' 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑝 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝..... ❣︎❣︎ "𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓!!" ☺︎︎♥︎ Jᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs 9 ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ ɢ...