Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei :...

By MiraiKirisaki

What if Shiba Tatsuya who is known as a person with no more feelings, except the feelings he have for his sis... More

Chapter I : Enrollment
Chapter 2: Blooms vs Weeds
Chapter 3 - Caught Off Guard
Chapter 4: Welcome the Students!
Chapter 5: The Competition Begins
Chapter 6 : Crimson Prince Vs. Silver Taurus
Chapter 6.5 : Their First Night
Chapter 7 : Silver's Rage
Chapter 8 : Dream Come True
Chapter 9: Yokohama Disturbance
Chapter 10 : Truth and Tragedy
Chapter 11 : Love and Lies
Chapter 12 : Fire and Ice
Chapter 13 : Conflicts Arises
Chapter 14 : Doubts and Selfishness
Chapter 15 : Engagement
Chapter 16 : Extent of Your Love
Chapter 18 : To Make Things Right
Chapter 19 : Decisive Battle
Chapter 20 : The Yotsubas
Chapter 21 : Root of Love and Regrets
Chapter 22 : Seperate Paths
Chapter 23 : Blue Wedding
Chapter 24 : One More Chance
Chapter 25 : Project Armageddon
Chapter 26 : Awakening the secret weapon
Chapter 27 : Secrets Revealed
Chapter 28 : Tears in a Starry Night
Chapter 29 : The Final Celebration
Chapter 29.5 - Wedding Night
Update : Authors Back!
Mina-san! I'm sorry for the long wait

Chapter 17 : The Art of Letting Go

5.1K 73 32
By MiraiKirisaki

Author's Note: Hey guys its June! It means that we are already on the half of the year 2018, oh my time flies so fast. And June is also special for me since it's my birth month. You know, I am so happy to see that this story was being noticed by a lot of people now. And really its an achievement for me since its my first Fanfiction. But we (me and the story) wouldnt make it all this way if it werent for you guys. So thank you so so much! And as a thanks, I will be uploading more! Uhhhm 3 chapters this month. One would be today, 1st of June. The 2nd would be on 10th of June and the 3rd is on 25th of June. Hope you guys will continue on reading this story and my other stories to come in the near future (uh i guess that will be before this year ends, hopefully). That's all guys! So without a further a do lets read the story...

❤❤❤

Days passed after Mayumi's incident and recovery, was also the peak of the issue in where the media is seeking the truth about her accident.

-Saegusa Mayumi, the eldest daughter of Saegusa Kouichi the current head of the Clan, had a car accident few days ago. A lot of speculization was made into a gossip because the Saegusa Family is still reluctant about saying the truth. But now the father of Saegusa Mayumi had finally spoke his mind. He said the accident of her daughter was due to a car malfunction. The car reportedly lost control of its break and the tire was hit by a sharp object thus making it more unbearable for Mayumi to control the car, instead of damaging and hurting civilians she decided to hit her car into an empty building and ended up having the injury to herself. Right now Mayumi is recovering and can't be shown to public. Also the Family head said that her daughter is now awake and not in a serious injury. This is Nagasaki Kureha reporting.-

"Father made such an interesting story huh?" Mayumi said as she turned off the television.

"I think its better, rather than saying you planned to escape your engagement with another man." Tomokazu replied while giving Mayumi some tea.

"I know. By the way brother, why dont they let me go home yet? I am all healed right?" Mayumi asked as she take a sip of her tea.

"You were involved in a car accident and now you are all healed up like nothing ever happened. No wound, scratch or anything. Do you think they will shut up if they saw you in that state? Also this is to protect the one that healed you."

"He should have not healed me anyways."

"Mayumi. What happened? After we saw you, you never mentioned his name. You didn't even asked us what happened, you just lied to them and cried in me."

"Because I simply heard everything while I am unconscious. All the things he told me, and the moment he said farewell. I simply wish he didn't helped me. All the pain I felt before he casted that spell on me was transfered to him, hundred fold. Now he bears more pain rather than me. Now, he also endure those pain without me. But on the otherhand I think this is just right, coz the more we love each other, the more we hurt each other too. Maybe its better to love each other from a far. Even if I ended up marrying Hirofumi-san, it is only Tatsuya that would make this heart of mine skip a beat."

"Mayumi. Why do you need to suffer like this?"Tomokazu said with a pitiful look in his eyes as he suts down near Mayumi.

"Im not suffering onii-san, im just in a difficult position."

"How about that ring?"

"He gave it to me. He put it in my hands along with those promises to love me even though we are not together. I... I will keep this, after all its the only thing that makes me feel close to him."

"If ever you had the chance to see him, what would you do?"

"I wont make it hard for him."

"What do you mean Mayumi?"

"I will... continue to pretend that I can't recognize him. That I had a temporary amnesia, thats what I intended to do. After all, it is only onii-san who noticed."

**FlashBack**

Kouichi, Tomokazu and Hirofumi went inside after Tatsuya left the hospital. Once they enter, they saw Mayumi sitting down on her bed staring blankly with her eyes red and glimmering with tears.

"Mayumi. Mayumi what happened? What have he dont to you?" Kouichi said anxiously.

"Ahre? What do you mean father?" Mayumi said pretending she doesn't know anything.

"Shiba-san, he went here and left right?" Hirofumi said.

"Shiba-san? Who is he? And who are you? Ugh... What happened? Why do I feel like I lost someone... something that is so important to me... like memories. Its painful. I woke up and I am already like this."

"Father and Hirofumi please call the doctor. Mayumi might have a temporary amnesia that only affects recent memories." Tomokazu said.

"Okay. Lets go Hirofumi." Kouichi said and both of them left the room.

"They are gone now. Mayumi, dont hold back those tears that was meant for Tatsuya-san. You can fool them, but you can never fool me."

"You can always see the truth brother, its troublesome." She smiled and added "Onii-san... This is more painful than being in a state of coma and having those injuries. Onii-san... I... I cant let him go. I can hear him even though Im asleep. I...." Mayumi cried in the arms of his brother and never mentioned anything else after that.

**Current Time**

"You told me that you can't let him go right? Then why not fight for him again? I will help you. I just dont want you to suffer." Tomokazu said.

"How could I fight for someone who isn't willing to fight with me anymore..." Mayumi said in a calm lonely voice and stare on the clouds outside the windows while sitting on her bed.

◇◇◇

At the same time that day, Tatsuya went to the military head quarters and had a chat with his friend, Lieutenant Colonel Kazama Harunobu. He told him what happened to somehow see if he made the right decision.

"I guess that somehow, you made the right call to save her." the L. Colonel said while taking a sip of coffee

"Somehow? What do you mean L.Colonel Kazama?" Tatsuya responded as he stirs his tea.

"Tatsuya-kun, if you told Mayumi the truth about you being a Yotsuba. If you confide on her about who you really are and about your past, then maybe you could have it another way, a better yet tough way that both of you could go on to."

"You know that is something I cant do. Even though I love and trust Mayumi, letting her know about me is like putting her into a bigger danger." Tatsuya explained

"If you always put it that way then I cant do anything about that. Speaking of Mayumi's safety, I think she is not in a safe spot right now." The L.Colonel said and took a deep breathe and sighs.

"What do you mean L.Colonel?" Tatsuya asked.

"Someone from the Ten Master Clans might be a traitor that helps the terrorists targets the most powerful clan. Im not yet sure but, look out for her even though you are far away."

◇◇◇

Meanwhile in Aichi prefecture, the Numeral Rebellion members are again having a meeting with their Master and Supporter Itsuwa Hirofumi.

"This would be the last bombing event for the Saegusa's. After that I don't have any motive of threatening them or decreasing their power anymore. After all, I have Mayumi already." Hirofumi grinned.

"Congratulations on your successful plots Master Five. As expected, you eventually defeated Yotsuba Tatsuya." Mister Three said with a clap.

"Then our revenge would now focus on attacking the Yotsuba Clan. Isnt this great, revenge might come early." Mister One added.

◇◇◇

Few days later, Mayumi was discharge from the hospital and was taken to a hotel owned by the Saegusa's in Tokyo. A press conference was scheduled to be done at that day to show everyone that Saegusa Mayumi has now safely recovered. With fake bandages attached at her head, arms and legs, to fake the injuries and protect the fact that she has been healed completely by the he ran away with, Tatsuya.

Mayumi arrived with her father Kouicihi and her fianceì Hirofumi. Lots of cameras were almost blinding for Mayumi to see. Her photos was being taken everywhere in the room.

"Are you okay?" Hirofumi said as he held her hand and searches her face.

"I am. Thank you Hirofumi-kun" Mayumi replied with a smile.

"Im so glad you are calling me by my name now, Mayumi-chan." Hirofumi said and with his joy, he kissed Mayumi on the cheek making the reporters more overjoyed with their shots and cheered for them to give them another kiss but Hirofumi declined.

"Silence. The live press conference will now start." Saburou announced

"Its about time." Hirofumi whispered with his brows relaxed yet his eyes darkened.

"Are you saying something Hirofumi-kun?" Mayumi asked.

"Nothing. Stay at ease I am here for you." Hirofumi replied with a sudden shift of tone ans a bright smile on his face.

"Today I have called all of you to show the recovering state of my daughter Mayumi and to stop all the gossip about my daughter only faking the accident and the gossip that Hirofumi doesn't have a good relationship with my daughter. As a matter of fact, you can see that both of them are well and together. Itsuwa Hirofumi-kun is taking care of my daughter very well."

"Saegusa Mayumi-san are you feeling well? How bad are your injuries?" A reporter said.

"My injuries have been really troublesome, broken bones and being in a coma for a while. I still cant believe that I am awake now. I am also suffering from some memory loss in which I cant remember some recent memories. It is really bad, making my family and fiancei worry about me. But I am fine now its because they never stop taking care of me." She replied

"Then, Mayumi-san is it also true that you had a car accident with another lover? That Hirofumi-san pursue both of you pushing you into this accident. We have some witness telling us that you are with a guy at that night."

"What insolence--"

"Father. Calm down." Mayumi said as he held his hand.

"Im sorry. I really cant remember anything like that. As I said I had loss some of my memories even the important memories I had with Hirofumi-kun. But as far as I know, I haven't love anyone other than the heir of the Itsuwa Clan. Im sorry if I can't satisfy you with my answer but it is the truth."

"Can we request some sweet photos between you and Hirofumi-san to stop those people who spread rumors about Saegusa Mayumi-sama having an affair?" The magazine reporter said.

"First and foremost, Mayumi and I where in love and we have this good relationship. Even though she have forgotten about me, Im making sure that we are creating new and better memories together." Hirofumi said and sweetly stare at Mayumi. He lifted Mayumi's chin with his hand and lean in to her, pressing his lips on hers giving everyone the sweet kind of kiss they are waiting for. "I guess this is enough to show everyone that we love each other. Right Mayumi?"

Mayumi was surprised that he kissed her that suddenly and openly in public. She blushed as she stare at Hirofumi. After that, more questions have been asked about the marriage instead of Mayumi's condition. Giving a sigh of relief the media have now been convinced of their relationship.

In the house of the Shiba siblings, Tatsuya has been watching the live press conference. His eyes look so lonely as he watches Mayumi being sweet with Hirofumi rather than him. And the fact that Hirofumi kissed her made his heart feel so painful.

"Mayumi-senpai seems to accept her engagement now. Isn't that nice onii-sama?" Miyuki said with a smile.

"I think it is. I'll go ahead, i feel sleepy." Tatsuya said to Miyuki without looking at her and stood up from the sofa.

"Onii-sama do you still like her? After she dumped you and chose the Itsuwa's heir? She can't even remember you!" Miyuki said sounding so angry.

"She didn't dump me. Just dont meddle with this stuff Miyuki. Don't start a fight between us." Tatsuya said.

Tatsuya was about to leave the living room when he suddenly stop because of the explosion he heard on the television.

-Just now the hotel of the Saegusa was bombarded. Most of the reporter has made their way out safely but there are still no signs of the Saegusas and Itsuwa Hirofumi. The police have now made their way through to save the VIPs. Now you can hear that firetrucks and magicians are coming to control the flame. It was not yet confirmed but, is this still the doing of the terrorist group, Numeral Rebellion?-

"Onii-sama where are you going?" Miyuki said as she grab the arms of his fleeing brother.

"I have to save her." Tatsuya replied. "I have to save Mayumi!" He shouted and pulled away from the hands of his sister.

Tatsuya run outside and drive fastly in the place of incidence. There is such a big crowd consisting of police, high class magicians from the Saegusa and Itsuwa family, the military and the medias.

Tatsuya saw one of his military friends and said "Major Yanagi." and gave his salute.

The so called major gave his salute to Tatsuya and put him at ease. "What are you doing here Shiba-kun?"

"Mayumi. Saegusa Mayumi-senpai is she safe?" Tatsuya asked

"We haven't found her yet. All the people was safe and some was recovered injured. Saegusa Kouichi was also recovered safe with the help of his retainer. But Saegusa Mayumi and Itsuwa Hirofumi was still not seen."

"I shall go. Help me go inside." Tatsuya begged

"Shiba-kun why are you so eager to go inside?" The major said.

"Mayumi ojou-sama was recovered safely few seconds ago, Shiba-kun. You can be at ease." First-Lieutenant Fujibayashi Kyouko said as he tap Tatsuya's back

"First-Lieutenant Fujibayashi. Where is she? How is she?" Tatsuya asked worriedly

"Luckily she is safe. It was said that the heir of the Itsuwa heroically protected her. So for that, he is the one who has injuries right now. But coming out of that flame with those injuries while carrying an unconscious Mayumi in his arms is a rare sight. I was in awe, what happened between you two?" Fujibayashi asked sounding so curious.

"You two? What do you mean Fujibayashi?" Major Yanagi said.

"Excuse me officers. I will be going. Thank you." Tatsuya said and make his exit to look for Mayumi's condition.

"Shiba Tatsuya is in a secret relationship with Saegusa Mayumi. I don't know what happened but it seems like, Shiba-kun can't go near her again." Fujibayashi explained to Yanagi.

"Shiba fell in love with Saegusa Mayumi?" Yanagi said in such a surprised tone.

Tatsuya was taking a walk around trying if he could see her even from afar but was also thinking that he should just better go to avoid any commotion specially since the medias are around. When he was about to go home, he saw the ambulance catering Mayumi and Hirofumi few meter away from him. There was the injured Hirofumi and Mayumi beside him looking so worried. Tatsuya's chest felt tight with the sight of Mayumi getting worried for another man. In which made him clenched his hand at the top of his chest.

Mayumi felt Tatsuya's presence and stared into the direction he is standing. Their eyes met, both looked sad and regretful. She quickly averted her gaze and swallowed a lot to prevent herself from crying. Her throat feels painful, she felt like she is going to choke from stoping all the emotions building on her chest.  But she also felt that her tears wont just stop. It fell from her eyes streaming down her cheeks so she quickly held Hirofumi's face pretending that those tears were for him and kiss his forehead, giving Tatsuya more heart ache.

Tatsuya who was still looking, smiled painfully and whispered "I deserve this right... Mayumi?" he the left that place and went home.

◇◇◇

After the incident Itsuwa Hirofumi was brought to their mansion in Tokyo where Mayumi is also taking care of him.

"Good day Mayumi-san. I am Itsuwa Mio, it was nice to meet you." Hirofumi's elder sister said

"Mio-san meeting you is my pleasure. Are you doing well?" Mayumi responded

"Well the usual. I am still fine even though I am on this wheel chair. Securing the Itsuwa's position by staying in the Thirteen Apostles. *Laugh* Nothings new I guess."

"It must be hard for you. Having such a burden in that state of body."

"You are always so kind Mayumi-san. Thank you and thank you for taking care of my brother. I have to leave you then."

Itsuwa Mio takes her leave to join the military meeting, leaving Hirofumi and Mayumi alone in their manor. Hirofumi wearing nothing but his pants and bandages on his chest was sleeping peacefully. Mayumi just can't leave him be, after all he is the one who save her in that massive bombing.

"Mayumi?" Hirofumi said as he trace Mayumi's sleeping face.

"Fumi-kun you are awake. I fell asleep on your bed im sorry." Mayumi said and quickly sat down.

"You are defenseless while sleeping. It is a good thing I can control myself." Hirofumi said with a teasing smile as he poke her in her forehead. "Fumi-kun huh? I guess I should be proud when you call me like that."

"What do you mean?" Mayumi said looking so puzzled.

"You used to call me Itsuwa-san before, and as you forget your recent memories, we get close and you called me Hirofumi-kun. Now calling me Fumi-kun, I feel so relieved and happy."

"Its not a big deal. You should just rest, you are still wounded."

"Mayumi... I love you." Hirofumi said as he cups her face and held her hair. He stare at her with his passionate eyes.

No words are coming out of Mayumi's mouth. She just stare at those passionate eyes looking at her, and found herself being kissed. Hirofumi pressed his lips in her, tracing her lips with his own. Mayumi closed her eyes and went with the flow when she suddenly remembered Tatsuya's face. She parted from the kiss looking so nervous.

"Fumi-kun... I uhmm... Please give me more time." Mayumi whispered as she covers her lips. "For now stay rested. I also need to go home." she added.

"I will wait for you Mayumi. Take care as you go home." Hirofumi said with a smile.

Mayumi left and closed the door. Hirofumi then flatten his back on the bed and said "Looks like you really haven't forgetten about him. Dont you Mayumi?".

❤❤❤

**To be continued on Chapter 18 : To Make Things Right**

Thank you for reading!

"Let's continue on sailing Mayumi x Tatsuya's ship!"

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ON THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW 😊 I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS! AND IF YOU LIKE IT MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT A VOTE! TILL THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 63.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.3M 56.4K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
612K 30.9K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
435K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...