Dark Beauty

Von RimaSantana

Popular, smart, and pretty... Layla King, the daughter of an infamous Chicago drug Lord is a 16-year girl wh... Mehr

Dark Beauty { Urban Fiction }
Qoute
"The Past."
C H A P T E R 1 : The Beginning.
chapter 2: DownLow
Chapter 3: Missing You.
C H A P T E R 4 : Birthday Surprise.
C H A P T E R 5 : Surreal.
C H A P T E R 6 : Crooked Smile.
Chapter 7: Power Trip.
*PRESENT (Late) 2000's*
C H A P T E R 8 : Layla
C H A P T E R 9 : Lola
C H A P T E R 10: Logan.
C H A P T E R 11: Darien.
C H A P T E R 12 : Logan.
C H A P T E R 13 : Lola
C H A P T E R 14 : Lola P A R T 2
C H A P T E R 12 : Layla
C H A P T E R 14 : Layla
C H A P T E R 15 : Layla
C H A P T E R 16 : Part 2 (from previous chapter.)
C H A P T E R 17 : Darien
C H A P T E R 18 : Darien
C H A P T E R 19 : Logan
C H A P T E R 20 : Lola ( With Part 2)
C H A P T E R 21 : Layla
C H A P T E R 22 : Lola
C H A P T E R 23 : Layla
C H A P T E R 24 : Darien
C H A P T E R 25 : Logan
C H A P T E R 26 : Layla
C H A P T E R 27: Lola
C H A P T E R 28 : Layla
C H A P T E R 29 : Darien.
C H A P T E R 30 : Darien
C H A P T E R 31 : Part 2 (Layla's Chapter) The last Chapter.
Characters (everyone mentioned in this book)

C H A P T E R 13 : Layla

4.6K 168 13
Von RimaSantana

Thursday

December 8th, 2013

7:06 p.m.

"So lemme' get this straight you did not kick his ass?" Angel questioned in disbelief.

“No.” I answered dryly.

“Well that was dumb sweetie.” she voiced her opinion. “Ain’t no nigga just finna’ threaten me like that.”

“Angel shut up you ain’t makin’ it no betta’ , you know damn well Dom get into his moments and talk to you like that too.” Diamond teased. "But that is weird Layla I've never heard him talk to you in that way, was he upset before?" she asked.

"Yeah at his mom," I answered as I turned up the brightness on my laptop.

"What was her old ass complainin' about now?" Angel asked in an irritated tone.

"Same as usual, 'cause I was over there, but it never really angered him before maybe it was because I tripped on him about Monroe." I wondered.

"Monroe who?" Angel asked.

"You know Monroe." I told her.

"You better not be talking about Desi' Monroe." Angel asked, attitude definite in her voice.

"Yeah her." I answered with a roll of my eyes.

"I can't stand that bitch, I just wanna' pull them blond tracks out her head." she ranted.

     Before she could go on I interrupted.  "It's like his anger is getting worst, I mean I'm use to him using that tone with other folks, but not me." I admitted.

"It's going to be okay girly," Angel said as an attempt to comfort me."If I was there I would give you a hug, but I can't so for now, wrap your arms around yourself and pat your back."

"Yeah, me too, besides, I'm sure he didn't mean it, look Layla, call him later on tonight and ask to talk it out, make things better, there's no way in hell y'all should let a day pass without y'all making up." Diamond preached.

“I think to teach his ass a lesson you should leave him." Angel suggested.

“Shut up Angel you ain’t makin’ it no better.” Diamond scolded. “Don't listen to her, she's just shitty her and Dominick at it again."

"I guess." was all I could say. At that moment my stomach started to feel queasy and suddenly it felt as if vomit was going to replace my words. I listened as I heard my girls call my name through the computer screen. “Yeah.” I answered, happy that I finally found the words to speak.

“You good?” Diamond asked.

“Yeah, you cool? You don’t look to good.” Angel added.

    Before I could answer I felt the hot, sour liquid traveling up my throat. I got up quickly and ran toward the bathroom leaving my girls behind. I felt like sonic as I rushed down the hall and barged into the bathroom. I lifted the toilet seat and released the vomit from my mouth. After throwing up what felt like my guts, I leaned over the toilet seat and tried to recollect myself. I moved over to the sink and began washing my hands. I reached up and opened the medicine cabinet. I pulled out the toothpaste and my toothbrush, and began brushing my teeth. When I was done I placed the objects back into its respectable place. As I closed the medicine cabinet I saw my mother’s boyfriend reflection and nearly had a heart attack, collecting myself I yelled, “Don’t scare me like that!” I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?”

"What do you mean what I want?” he asked offended. “I came to see who was in here throwing up their lungs.” he stated.

 “I'm fine, just ate the wrong thing that's all." I lied.

"Well I'll be sure to let your mother know when she gets off work, so that she comes to check on you." he offered.

    Declining his offer I said, "That's not necessary James."

"I know it's just the moral thing to do."  he replied with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

    I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I mumbled as I walk past him and back down the hallway towards my room. God I hate that nigga. I thought as I entered my bedroom. I shut the door and moved back over by my laptop.

“What happened?” Diamond questioned. “Why’d you just run out like that?”

“Nothing,” I answered.

“You look exhausted.” Angel added in a concern tone.

“I’m good y’all.” I assured them both. I grabbed a scrunchie off the top of my desk and began to place my hair up into a ponytail.

“Uh okay,” Diamond replied awkwardly. “Well I gotta' go, so I'll chat y'all later, bye."

“Wait we still on for this weekend?” Angel asked before Diamond logged off. Diamond and I agreed before she logged off. “Good, well that’s all for tonight, I’m out see y’all tomorrow.” Angel said before she left the video chat.

    The screen went blank and I turned away from it. I sat in the swivel chair thinking about what had just happened earlier. I snapped out of it and stood up, but before I could take a step I caught a Charlie horse and fell to the ground in pain. “Aghh!” I yelled in pain. As I lay on my side I continued to weep in pain. Within minutes my door opened and in came my little brother.

   Rushing over he asked, "Layla what happened?"

    As I tried to contain my cries I answered, “Nothing, just a bad Charlie horse."

"Can you get up?" he asked.

"Yeah, just help me over to the bed." I instructed. Logan said nothing else as he stood me up and placed my arm around his neck. I hopped over to the bed. Logan lifted me and placed me on the bed. I scooted down some so that I could lay my head down on the pillow. I felt weak and uncomfortable. When he left, I turned on my side and let my mind wander.

    All day today I've been feeling uncomfortable, and the fact that I just puked didn't ease it in any way. Truth is, I lied when I told James that I had eaten; I hadn’t eaten a thing simply because the smell of food has made me sick to my stomach. I just told him that to get him off my case. To make things worse I haven’t gotten my period and she usually comes like clockwork every month. Just as I closed my eyes my cell phone sounded. I contemplated on rather or not to answer. After the third ring I answered. "Hello."

"About time you answer.” he said. “What took you so long?”

"I don't feel too good." I told him.

"Aw girl stop that, get up out the bed and get some balls.” he continued. “Angel told me what went down between you and Darien." Tyrone, my best friend said

"That's not why I don't feel good T." I mumbled.

"Well I'm coming over so get dressed ‘cause we goin' out, you not about to look sad over no nigga." he said.

    Before I could object, he'd already hung up. I blew my breath and tossed the cell phone on the side of me, I tried to get up, but I couldn't so I just lay there, and shortly after fell asleep. It wasn't long before I heard my best friend's gay voice erupt into my bedroom. I didn't bother to open my eyes when he asked why I was not dressed.

    With my eyes still shut I answered, "I told you I didn't feel like it."

"Come on." he demanded as he pulled both of my arms. I growled at his attempt as I kept resisting his touch. “Honey that don't scare me, let’s go." he demanded as he yanked the sheets off of me. Tyrone hopped on top of me and restrained my arms over my head.

“Leave me alone dammit!” I yelled as I tried to break free.

"Not till you wake your ass up and come shopping with me dammit!" he yelled louder.

“Ugh I don’t feel like it,” I mumbled loudly.

“Please,” he begged.

“Get off of me.” I demanded. He did as I asked, and I sat up straight. "Fine I’ll go.” I agreed. I stood up and began to walk toward my closet. The door slang open, causing it to hit the wall. I leaned down and grabbed a pair of shoes, and slipped them on. I walked over to the edge of my bed and grabbed my cell phone. “Let’s go.” I announced as I grabbed my purse and opened the bedroom door. When he didn’t budge I rolled my eyes. “What now?”

"You ain't going nowhere with me,” he complained. “not looking like that anyway.”

"I look fine." I remarked as I walked over to the mirror. Through the mirror I watched as Tyrone’s face primed up in disgust. “What?” I asked.

“You think you look fine?” he questioned.

    Defending my outfit choice I said, “Yes I do.” I found nothing wrong with wearing my grey Aeropostal track suit, nor did I feel the need to get all dressed up just to go shopping. Tyrone stomped his foot, rolled his eyes and huffed his breath as he walked over to my closet. "What are you doing?" I asked.

“Looking for some better clothes.” he replied. “I know you got some better clothes.” he mumbled as he shuffled through my walk-in closet.

"Why?” I questioned with irritation clear in my voice. “I don't feel like getting dress just to go to the mall." I told him.

"We’re going to River Oaks." he informed me, as if that was going to change my mind.

"So?" I questioned.

"So you know it be some sexy niggas there,” he argued. “and you to pretty to be lookin’ like a bum bitch.” he complimented.

   I chuckled at my best friend. "You got issues." I told him as I watched him pull out a pair of pants and a top.

"But you love me.” he confessed. “And you'll thank me later so here put this on." he added as he threw me the outfit. I began to undress, but when I noticed he wasn’t looking away I stared at him. “What?” he questioned.

    Feeling self-conscious I politely asked, "Could you turn around?”

"Bitch you got nothing I want, I'm strictly dickey." He snapped rudely.

“Could you just do it?” I questioned. My irritation was growing and he was pushing it. Tyrone sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes but did as I asked. I continued to get dress, and when I was done I walked over to the mirror that hung on the back of my room door and checked myself out. All angles were looking right, until I studied my midsection. Noticing I had gained weight I sucked my teeth in frustration.

"I'm trying to figure out what boots I want you to wear with it.” Tyrone muffled voice announced from inside my closet. I watched as Tyrone moved closer towards me. Noticing my expression he asked, “What’s wrong girly?”

    Squeezing the bit of fat on my stomach I asked, “Does it look like I’ve gained weight?”

     Standing a few feet behind me he answered, “Nah,” he continued. “Why?”

    I watched as he walked away and headed back for my closet. I didn’t want to press the issue so I turned back towards the closet and said, “Nothing, just give me the Jaycer Booties.”

“You sure?” he asked. He gave me a skeptic look. “You know you can talk to me about anything, right?”

“Yeah, I know, it’s nothing though.” I lied.

    Tyrone didn’t say anything more as he walked over to the closet and picked up the boots. He walked back over to me and placed them in my hands. I sat down on the edge of my bed, slipped them on, and laced them up. I threw my hair into a neat bun, and then slapped some lip gloss onto my lips. I did one final look in the mirror, and satisfied with the outcome I grabbed my purse and we both headed for the door. We jogged downstairs and I grabbed my zip-front fleece jacket. “Tell mama I’ll be back!” I hurriedly yelled to my little brother. I hit the unlock button on my car keys and we hopped inside. I stuck the key into the ignition and pulled away from the curb.

   Twenty-minutes later I parked the car inside the mall parking lot and we hopped out. I hit the lock button back on my car keys, and we began to walk towards the entrance. “Where we hittin’ up first?” I asked as we stepped foot inside the mall.

“I was thinkin’ Charlotte Russe or the Aero store.” he suggested.

“Let’s hit up Russe on the second floor I think they got a sale.” I told him. Tyrone shook his head okay and followed me to the escalators. When we reached the top we headed for the department store. I placed my hand on my stomach and rested my head on the glass as I tried to force the queasy feeling back down.

    Before we entered into the store I stopped at the entrance. “You okay, you feel sick?” Tyrone asked.

     I shook my head yeah. “It must be from the escalators.” I replied.

    He looked at me with questioning eyes but let it go. “Okay, well let’s go inside.” he said as he pulled me into the department store.

 “Can I help you?” the sales clerk asked sweetly.

      As I was about to answer no, from the corner of my eye I saw a cute pair of skin tight legging jeans. “Uh, do you have these in a size six-teen?” I asked as I pointed over to the manikin.

“I’m not sure,” she answered. “but let me check.” She moved away from me and headed toward the back. Seconds later she appeared back with my jeans in hand. After about twenty –minutes in the store, me and Tyrone went up to the front counter and paid for our items.

     We left out the store and began to head left down the vibrant mall way. Without so much as words or direction me and Tyrone just walked around aimlessly. My mind began to wander back to what my best friend Diamond preached. She was right me and Darien were a couple that’s been through hell and back, and this was a petty argument to let simmer. I pulled my Iphone out of my purse and dialed his number in hopes that he’d answer. I waited as it rang once, then twice, and on the third ring it was sent to voicemail. I ended the call and dropped my phone back into my bag. With crushed feelings written all over my face I let out a deep sigh of frustration.

“I’m hungry.” Tyrone announced.

“Yeah me too.” I agreed.

“What you in the mood for?” he questioned.

“Let’s hit up this chicken joint.” I suggested as I pointed towards Harold’s Chicken. Tyrone shrugged his shoulders and began to walk toward the restaurant. I followed behind him. As we crossed over into the restaurant I sat down at a table and Tyrone went up to the counter to order us some food. Seven minutes later Tyrone sat the food down on the table and took a seat. I opened the styro foam box and immediately the smell of fried chicken and cheese fries hit my nose.

"So what's up with you and homeboy?" Tyrone asked.

"Nothing,” I answered. “I tried to call him while we were walking but no answer.” I took a bite out of my chicken and moaned at how good it was. “Man this taste like heaven.” I exclaimed. “I haven’t all day.”

“Why not?” Tyrone asked.

“Strangely, earlier, the smell of food made me sick.” I confessed. “Now I’m eatin’ this and I’m all good.”

“That is strange.” he agreed.

     I took a sip of my grape soda to wash down the food. I cleared my throat. Having no one else to talk to at the moment beside Tyrone about my current situation I asked, “Can I ask you a question?”

“Yeah what is it?” he questioned.

“I’ve been throwing up lately.” I admitted. “That’s not like me, hell I barley get sick.”

“Well maybe it’s the change of weather,” he suggested. “you know how this Northwestern weather is.”

     Even though I knew it wasn’t the air I still agreed with his reason. The conversation went quite until I asked, "So what's up with Milan, will I be seeing her again?"

"That's why I came down here in the first place,” he stated. “she's going on a date.” he dished. “She needed some new fits.” he continued. “Why else would I be at this ratchet mall?” he asked.

     I shrugged my shoulders and then asked, “Going on a date with who?”

“This guy named Richard who I met online.” he answered. “He’s from San Francisco and he’s a hunk of a man, chile he has a body of a god and from the looks of his facebook has money that lasts a long time.” he rambled on in excitement.

“That’s good and all,” I continued. “but don’t you think someone should go with you?” I suggested. “That’s not safe Ty.”

"I'll be fine.” he assured me with irritation clear in his voice. A noise sounded from inside his purse. Tyrone looked down and began to fidget around inside his purse; seconds later he pulled out his H.T.C touch screen and answered it.

    The conversation died as I waited for him to end his call. I didn’t bother to rush him off the phone because in reality it felt good to keep my mouth closed. All of a sudden I didn’t feel like talking or being bothered. All I wanted was to be up under my boyfriend; smelling his cologne and playing in his luscious black hair.

     I directed my attention to the surroundings around me. I watched the different shades of people that filled the mall. Taking notice at all the females I seen, I was seriously happy that my homie had convinced me to change because they were serious competition. My eyes landed on couples of different ethics, shapes, and heights. I starred in envy. I wish I could be here with my man instead of my best friend. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to see Ty, it’s just that he can’t wrap his arms around me, and nothing could beat the feeling I got when I was around Darien.

    I watched as a couple on the opposite side of the glass divider fed each other. Another twig of jealousy hit me as I watched the guy lean over and gently kiss her. I remembered when me and Darien use to do cute things like that, now his beige ass was just too busy. I studied the Mexican red- head and silently praised her on her looks. She was gorgeous and judging by the eight- hundred dollar pair of Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers she was rockin’ the bitch had expensive taste. I couldn’t see the guy who she was with face, but judging by his wrist that held up an Audemars Piguet black diamond encrusted watch let me know that he had bank. The girl turned my way, and I was caught red-handed starring at her. She smiled and then reached over and tapped the guy she was with. The guy scooted up some and turned his face towards the window. My eyes resembled a deer in headlights. “Oh hell no!” I yelled out loud. “I know he did not just turn away from me?” I questioned out loud, causing passer-byers and the few people in the restaurant to look at me with questioning eyes.

“I’ma call you back.” I hear Tyrone say to the person on the phone. Once he dropped his phone into his bag he asked, “Layla what the hell is wrong with you?” he questioned as he stood up. I didn’t bother to answer I let his gaze follow mine. “Damn Lay, I’m sorry.” he apologized.

    I closed my eyes as an attempt to keep from crying. The fire in my chest was unbearable. I wanted to do anything to release this pain. How could he do this to me…to us? I questioned myself. I turned away from the scene and left the restaurant in a blind fury. As I raced toward the escalators I tried to downplay what I had just witnessed.

    I wanted it to be a dream. I wanted to say that it wasn’t Darien, but in reality it was. I had just witnessed my man showing another woman affection. My mind was swirling and my heart was racing. I didn’t know what to feel, all I knew was this shit hurt. I wanted so badly to go back up there and confront his cheating ass, but words couldn’t even reach my lips. I took a seat at a nearby bench, next to a water fountain and bawled my eyes. I knew I looked silly, but at the moment I didn’t give no fuck. Tears dripped down my cheek and that tight feeling settled within my throat, causing me to hyperventilate.

    I stood up and began to head for the exit. When I was in a bad mood my temper became nasty, and since I was still in a packed mall it wasn’t calming much. Feeling someone bump into me I snapped. “Would you watch where you’re going?”

“Me?” he answered nastily. His eyes raked over me and then his expression changed. “You’re the one walkin’ ‘round here with attitude ma.” he remarked. “You too gorgeous for all that.” he complimented sweetly.

"Whatever, you don't know me okay." I told him.

    Introducing himself he said, “I’m Aaron,” he continued. “and you?” he questioned. Did it look like I had anything remotely friendly about me at this moment? As I placed my hand in his, I told him my name. “Layla. . .that’s an unique name for a beautiful woman.” he complimented. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Same here.” I spoke dryly. Taking a second glance at his face I felt my demeanor change. I smiled as I took in his face; it was one I could look at for hours.

     In a clear tone he asked, “Where you from?"

   I was about to answer his question, but before words could spill out I shut my mouth and glared at the female who was approaching. Even though I was shooting daggers her way she continued to approach. When she reached us, she moved in between me and Aaron and looked up to him. Doing something unexpected she turned to me and said, “This bitch.”

     Not up for her games I asked, “What do you want Jasmine?”

"Hey Aaron.” she greeted towards him as she still looked at me. “When did you get back into town?”  

Leave it to this hoe to know everyone, I thought as I rolled my eyes.

    His stare was cold. “Two weeks ago.” he answered as irritation shown through his voice.

“When we gon’ chill?” she asked.

    He smacked his lips and an irritated look appeared on his face. “I’ma let you figure that out.” he said bluntly.

    Refusing to take the hint Jasmine took it as a joke and continued. I shook my head at how pathetic she was acting. She caught me shaking my head. “You shouldn’t have shit to say,” she snapped. “‘specially after what just happened upstairs between you and my brother.”

“Whatever I don’t have time for you.” I dismissed her futile efforts of petty anger.

“Yeah and neither did my brother.” she fired back. “I’ma catch up with you later.” She purred toward Aaron. As she walked off she made it her business to bump me. I turned around and starred her down as she walked off. When she was a couple feet away she turned around and smiled. Intimidating me she threw her hands up in the air as she mouthed, Want some? Surprised, I jerked my head back, but collected myself. Knowing my temper and what I had just witnessed I was all ready to release some of this pent up anger. I was about to walk toward her, but Aaron grabbed me by my arm and stopped me. I looked up to him and he looked down to me with an expression that said she wasn’t worth it.

“Stop judging me!” I yelled as I yanked my arm away from him.

    He threw his hands up as if he was under arrest. “I ain’t judging you gorgeous.” he assured me. “I just know females like her ain’t worth it.”

“Oh really how you know?” I questioned.

“I just know.” he told me.

"Whatever," I mumbled as I watched Tyrone walk up. "Well I'm gonna' go, nice meeting you." I told Aaron.

"Wait, can I at least give you my number?" Aaron asked.

     I contemplated on rather or not I should allow it, my heart told me no, but my mind was saying a whole 'notha thing, without stalling any longer I agreed. He smiled, and then pulled out a pen and a piece of paper. "So do you always keep pen and paper in your pocket?” I asked.

"Yeah never know when it comes in handy." he joked as he handed it over to me. I laughed at his joke and then began to write down my number. I handed him the paper and pen back. "Don't be a stranger beautiful." he said. I shook my head okay and then watched as he walked off.

      Once Aaron was out of ears reach Tyrone asked, "Who was that?"  

“That was Aaron.” I answered. Tyrone looked at me. “What?” I questioned. He gave me a look. “He’s just a friend.” I said deading his assumptions. He didn’t say anything more. I watched as Tyrone smiled and walked ahead of me. I knew that look and that look he was giving me told me that I wasn’t foolin’ him. I felt eyes on me, and turning around I saw him. I couldn’t help but to smile as he flashed a gorgeous smile my way.  I heard Ty call my name and I began to follow after him. I was caught red-handed like a child stealing a cookie out of the cookie jar. I took a few steps and then turned back to look at him, and to my surprise he had his eyes upon me too. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

694K 16.3K 77
Honesty Calleste they say a bad girl ain't no good and good girls ain't no fun hood girls want a smart nigga but all college girls want a thug.Thats...
581K 16.3K 49
Some parts are private, so press follow to view the chapters. Have you ever loved someone so bad that you cannot see were you're hurting inside & th...
24.3K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
250K 4.8K 19
Paris is an 18 year old senior in highschool who lives with her mother who has a drug and alcohol addiction. Paris mother is known around town for se...