Abused

By Time_Ticks_Away

It is one year after Voldemort is defeated. Headmistress Mcgonagall invites students with unfinished educatio... More

Notice, Please Read!
The Letters
Packing
Departure
Arrival
Day One
Bumper Buddies
Anticlimactic
The Second Meeting
Why?
Learn To Be Lonely
I Don't Keep Promises
The Worst "Lesson" Yet
Anything
Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun
The Invitation
Manners
The Two Boys
Would You Rather
Stark White
Make-Out-Girls
George
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Reducio
Please Don't
Complete Darkness
Bad Dream
Living in Fear
Thank You
You'll See
Gossip
Ship
Apology
3 AM
Apple
Impossible
Panic Attack
Worthless
Smile
Recap
Madam Pomfrey
Breakthrough
Friends
Shock
Breathing
Gone
Inside
The Room
Aberforth
Love
Shut up
Déjà Vu
Happy

Our Little Secret

6.7K 153 22
By Time_Ticks_Away

Hermione watched in amazement as Pansy made her way across the land, unnoticed. Pansy looked as if she sneaked around all of the time. Hermione snickered to herself. Now knowing Pansy, she probably did. 

          As Pansy started nearing the Quidditch pitch, Hermione started walking. She walked for a while before spotting Ron. After checking that Pansy was almost impossible to spot with the naked eye, she waved to catch his attention. 

          "Ron! Over here!" Hermione yelled in an attempt for him to see her. 

          "Hermione! Took you long enough, eh?" Ron yelled back at her. Hermione laughed. 

          "So," Hermione said when she was in a close enough distance to him. "What did you want to talk about?" 

           "Well, I was just going to say," He paused for a moment. "Can you forgive me?" Hermione gasped. She was definitely caught off guard by that. 

          "For what?" Hermione asked, as if she didn't already know.

          "I've been acting like a down right git." 

          'You got that right,' Hermione thought to herself. But instead of saying something rude, she simply nodded and let him continue. After all, her parents had always taught her that if she didn't have something nice to say, she shouldn't say anything at all.

          "I've been so cold and distant. I honestly hadn't even realized that I'd been mean to you and Harry. I'm so sorry. Can you please forgive me?" 

           Hermione pretended to think for a moment.

          "I'm not sure..." Ron's face fell. "Just kidding! Of course I can forgive you," Hermione exclaimed. Ron's face lit up. "I'm so relieved! I honestly thought that you were going to break up with me." Ron arched a brow.

           "Break up with you? 'Mione, why would I ever do that? If anyone was going to break up this relationship, it would definitely be you." Hermione laughed. Ron checked his watch.

          "Well, I'd better go. Wouldn't want to be late," Ron muttered. Hermione laughed again.

          "Since when have you started caring about being on time?" Ron laughed too.

          "I don't know? I guess you really are rubbing off on me. But just so you know, if I start liking books, slap me." Hermione and Ron both chuckled. 

          "Well, see you around," Ron said as he turned away. "Oh! And Hermione," Ron added. Hermione nodded. "Next time, hide your friend better. And, let's try to keep this meeting our little secret. Bye!" Ron winked and strode away. Hermione shivered. Something about that last comment just made her feel uneasy. And how in the hell could he have spotted Pansy? 

          Hermione walked over to where Pansy was hiding. 

          "So? What's the gossip?" Pansy asked eagerly. 

          "No gossip," Hermione laughed. "He just apologized. And, he spotted you." Pansy raised an eyebrow. 

          "No way. I'm unspottable," Pansy said with pride. 

          "Apparently not to him." Pansy rolled her eyes. 

          "But something that he said just made me a little-" Hermione paused, wondering if she should tell Pansy. Now that she thought about it, it seemed much less important. 

          "Made you a little what? C'mon. Don't leave me hanging." Hermione still didn't respond. "Hermione?" Hermione came out of her reverie. 

          "Oh, never mind. It's nothing." Hermione then started walking back towards the building. Pansy refrained from asking any questions but she still side-eyed Hermione. 

          When Pansy and Hermione reached building, Hermione turned to face Pansy. 

          "Well, I'll see you later," Hermione commented and then turned to leave. She frowned. This was literally one of the only classes that she didn't have with Pansy. She hoped she would have at least one closer friend in it. 

          As Hermione walked into the classroom, she found herself thoroughly disappointed. In her class was Susan Bones, Padma Patil, Zacharias Smith, Blaise Zabini, a bunch of seventh years that she didn't recognize and much less knew, and Draco Malfoy. Hermione rolled her eyes at her bad luck. But at least she could try and make conversation with Susan and Padma.

          It looked as though everyone had just arrived because everybody was only just sitting. Hermione sighed when she realized that the desks could only seat two people at a single one. Since Padma and Susan were apparently friends, she would probably have to sit next to Zacharias. And how she hated him because of fourth year. 

          But, as Hermione waited for everyone else to seat themselves, she was surprised to watch as Blaise asked Zacharias to sit next to him. And, even more surprisingly, Zacharias agreed! Hermione panicked as she watch all of the remaining seats fill up. She kept scanning the room for another seat. Sadly, she could only spot one. 

          Hermione made her way over to the desk with Draco Malfoy. When she was at the desk, she asked in the politest voice she could muster, "Can I sit here?" Draco glanced up at her and nodded. She frowned. She was silently hoped that he would deny her. She reluctantly sat down and set her stuff next to her. Just as she had gotten her stuff out, a teacher walked in. 

          "Hello, everyone! I am Celestine Highmore. You may call me Professor Highmore. I am your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Is everyone excited?" Professor Highmore said in an annoying, peppy voice. Hermione sighed.

          "This is going to be a long year." 

          "I know, right? Have you been to Transfiguration yet? The teacher there is super perky and irritating." Hermione stopped what she was doing. If she had heard him correctly, it meant that Malfoy had just been civil to her. 

          "Granger? What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" Hermione shook herself out of her stupor. 

          "I'm sorry. I just- Did you just-" Hermione started stuttering. "I'm just not- not used to you being so... so-" Hermione just couldn't seem to get the words out. 

          "Not used to me being so civil?" Draco finished. Hermione nodded. "Well, I figured that since I'm sharing a common room with you and the other Gryffin-gits that I might as well try and be nicer." Hermione raised an eyebrow.

          "You literally just called us Gryffin-gits." Draco shrugged. 

          "I said nicer. Not entirely nice." Hermione laughed. This time, it was Draco's turn to be shocked. 

          "What? Is the Gryffindor Know-It-All not allowed to laugh?" Hermione asked.

          "I don't recall making a joke," Draco jibed. Hermione rolled her eyes.

          "I was wondering, Hermione, if you would-" Draco started, but he was cut off by Professor Highmore.

          "Excuse me? You two in the back?" Hermione and Draco both froze. "I would sincerely appreciate it if you would stop talking." Hermione and Draco both nodded and started taking notes. 

          "This professor is too perky for my liking. With Hogwarts' luck, it's probably going to be another Umbridge." Hermione laughed softly. 

          "With Hogwarts' luck, it's probably Voldemort in disguise," Hermione whispered back. Draco and Hermione both laughed again. 

           "Excuse me!" the professor exclaimed. Hermione and Draco immediately stopped talking. "Thank you," the professor muttered. As Hermione took notes, she remembered that Draco was about to ask her a question before they got caught the first time. And the more she thought about it, she also realized that he had called her Hermione. Maybe this was going to be a better year after all. 

Author's note

OMG! I updated again! I'm amazing, right? But, sadly, I'm going back to school tomorrow so I'll be busier than I have been. My update streak is going to be lost. But don't worry! I'm going to update every week still. Or at least try. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Kiss Kiss!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 5.6K 8
Eighth year at Hogwarts is going to be boring. That's what Draco Malfoy thinks when the Wizengamot makes attendance a condition of his pardon. After...
26K 1K 29
[ FULLY EDITED ] Lucius Malfoy has been fatally ill for months. He's so ill, in fact, he's forbidden anyone to help take care of him. Draco's tried e...
125K 2.7K 38
Everyone copes with stress and trauma in different ways, and Hermione Granger is no exception. When after Harry's victory Hermione is unable to locat...
2.9M 69.6K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...