Behind The Cold Curtain.

נכתב על ידי xieykhalil

Here is a girl who is confident about about all her acts and being, whose presence commands respect, whose au... עוד

ONE: ENCOUNTER
TWO: ACCEPTANCE
THREE: BOSS LADY.
FOUR
FIVE: STRANGER
SIX: First Day At School
Seven: Muhsin The Stalker
EIGHT: Matriculation And Holiday.
NINE: DON'T LIKE HIM
TEN
ELEVEN: NEW FRIEND.
TWELVE:
THIRTEEN: SCHOOL REUNION
FOURTEEN: YOLA FOR WEDDING
FIFTEEN: CONFESSION
SIXTEEN: HOME VISIT
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN:MARRIAGE TALK
NINETEEN: ASSIA CLOTHING
CHAPTER TWENTY: THE WEDDING
TWENTY ONE: LET'S TALK
TWENTY TWO: BOCCIN
TWENTY-THREE : EMBARRASSED
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX : SHUSH🙊
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT :
PLEASE READ.
TWENTY-NINE: SEAL THE DEAL
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE : BITTER REASON
THIRTY TWO: 'P' OR NO 'P'
THIRTY FOUR: HANDCUFFS
THIRTY FIVE: CAUGHT
THIRTY SIX :
THIRTY SEVEN: Numbered Days
THIRTY EIGHT: TRYING TIMES.
Salam. PLEASE READ!!!
THIRTY-NINE: Life As It Is.
FOURTY : FINALE
Epilogue: Open curtain.

THIRTY THREE : Issa White Car

9K 813 173
נכתב על ידי xieykhalil

I know. I know.
It's been long.
Like two months or so long.

I have missed you all too so much.
I received your messages. I'm sorry if I haven't replied yet. Sometimes Wattpad isn't exactly my bff. The App loves to disagree with me a lot of times especially when it comes to commenting.

Iftar Mubarak.

Enjoy the chapter  

Lemme know what you think of Abdulmajeed please

CHAPTER 33: Issa White Car. 

Realizing that hissing and getting more pissed won't solve his problem Abdulmajeed grabbed his phone and dialed Aliyu.

"Hey. Ya akayi?" His voice came through the phone.

"Please can you make yourself useful since you're in Kano?" Abdulmajeed asked.

"I didn't come here for you thou."

"Please just come and help me out with something. "

"What?"

"I need to buy some car decors."

"Do you really need me for that."

"Yes please." Abdulmajeed pleaded.

From the sound of Abdulmajeed's voice, his best friend knew that going car shopping is just an excuse. Abdulmajeed just probably needs a friend to talk to or a distraction.

Engr Aliyu turned to his fiancée with an apologetic look. "That was Abdul. I think I have to go."

"Now?" Rabi pouted.

"I am really sorry. Ohh. Abdul is really of no help in my love life. " he whined.

Rabi laughed. "Boss is calling. I bet it's important."

"It better be. He sounded down anyways. That's the only reason I am going."

"Allah sarki Yaya na. Go and see him."

Aliyu narrowed his eyes at her.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I will report you to Yaya Abdul." she threatened.

"Oooh Abdulmajeed is really of no help." He hissed.

"Just take me home. " Rabi chuckled.

"I am really sorry. Let's watch the movie another time."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Muhammad, Fatima (previously known as Simon and blessing), Habiba and the twins came to pick Waheeda from school. They drove to her house.

Waheeda prepared special northern delicacy, Danwake with boiled eggs, pepper and groundnut oil.

It was the first time Muhammad and Fatima visited her so they kept admiring her house.

"How far with your admission?" Heeda turned and asked Haneef who was seated on the couch behind her.

"ABU is no joke Adda. But we will sit for post UTME soon."

"Toh. Allah ya bada sa'a. What course did you apply for?"

"Architecture."

"And Haneefa?"

"Do I really have to go to university?" She raised the corner of her mouth.

"You dey mad?" Heeda eyed her.

"It's hard for even me to believe that we are twins. " Haneef shook his head.

"Hanifa Allah ya shirye ki. You need deliverance."

"Ameen. Anyways I applied for computer science first choice and Agric second choice. BUK and ABU."

"Good choice. Agric. " Muhammad complimented.

"Thanks" Haneefa beamed.

"I'd like to be a doctor or a nurse." Habiba spoke in fulfulde.

"Tell her how hard your course is please Doctor Muhammad. " Haneefa urged.

"I believe she can do it. She's good."

Habiba grinned. Ofcourse he would support her.

They stayed with Heeda for a few more hours before they left.

€€€€€€€££££

"No please I need gray with a touch of pink please. " Abdulmajeed insisted.

"We are sorry sir. This is the only one we have."

"It's alright." He handed him the car seat cover. "Bye."

Abdulmajeed left the shop with Aliyu on his trail.

"Is gray and pink really necessary?" Aliyu asked.

"Yes"

Aliyu just sighed and drove the car to another shop.

After stopping by three others they finally found what they were looking for.

"Sir, we can customize it for you. Tell us how you want it and we can even add a name on it. It takes only a week." The man explained.

"Perfect. That is what I've been looking for." He clapped happily.

Abdulmajeed explained to the designer how he wants his wife's car to look like with the name 'Daso' designed in pink on every piece.

He sighed and smiled then stretched as they walk to the car. "Now I feel relieved and happy. Much better. Let's go Liyu liyu. "

"So now tell me. What's wrong?" Aliyu inquired as he drove Abdulmajeed home.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's not beat around the bush my friend. I'm already exhausted from following you around so don't tire me some more. Let's save some energy and get to the point. What happened?" Aliyu gave him a brief sharp look then turn to focus on the road.

"I agree with the part where you said we should save some energy. Wake me when we get home." He turn to face his window, closed his eyes and pretended to sleep ignoring Aliyu.

He wasn't ready to share his dilemma with anyone. The truth is that he's too ashamed to. He would want to die with it in his heart but it was a secret that would be revealed sooner than later no matter what he does.

"Get down." He heard Aliyu's grunting voice. He opened his eyes and turned to him.

"Won't you come in?" He asked in a fake sleepy voice.

"No." Aliyu replied, his forehead wrinkled.

"Alright then. Thanks man. No one like you."

As soon as Abdulmajeed got off the car, Aliyu drove off looking angry. Abdul shook his head. "There's really nothing to be pissed about my friend." He muttered to himself with a sad smiled.

Waheeda had just swallowed a pill when she heard Abdulmajeed say the Salam and enter the house.

'Whew that was close' she thought.

Abdulmajeed went straight to the kitchen and started opening the food flasks and pots around. Everything was clean.

"Das! Maryamu Daso! Daso!" He called.

"Ooh. This man will not let me rest." She whined and got off the bed but not before shouting back a reply.

"Welcome back." She greeted him.

"Yawwa" he was sitting cross legged on the couch. He wasn't smiling. "What's for dinner?"

"Rice and stew with salad."

"But there's nothing in the kitchen. Are you going to prepare it now?" He asked curtly.

"Everything is on the table." She pointed at the table. He turned and look at the dinning table.

"Oh" he smiled looking embarrassed. "I didn't notice."

"Is that why you were frowning face for me?" She looked at him from the corner of her eyes.

He grinned. "No nah. Haba wifey. One and only Maryamu Daso my only Das-das. Wallahi it's not because of this. I just keep getting pissed and depressed because of work so I am totally not happy and to come home to no food would ofcourse trigger my sadness more."

"Hmmmmmm" she murmured and went to serve him his dinner.

After a while of trying to keep calm she realized she couldn't and spoke up.

"Gaskiya I can't take this. If I do then it will turn worse with time."

"What?" He asked, him mouth filled with salad and rice.

"Look I am not mad about what just happened but it's not the first time. I am scared of the future."

Abdulmajeed swallowed, sipped water and focused on her.

"Can you do us both a favor and keep office matters at the office and house matters at home. It's like you don't know how to do that and you might just descend on the next person you come across to cool off. I don't want to be sad or feeling guilty about something I didn't do. If someone made you angry, tell me if you can and I will try and soothe you but don't come and pick on me or anyone else. I don't want to have to avoid you when you're having a tough time. Can you please try and control your anger so we can live in peace."

He nodded.

"Look now" she continued " I almost teased you. I was about to say I didn't cook but decided against it. I am sure you would have gotten angry and said some things and I would have been really hurt. See the dinning table is right here but anger makes you blind. I don't want you to be blind dear. " she batted her eyelashes.

"Such a fox. What did you just do?" He laughed and she repeatedly batted her eyes. "I understand what you mean. I will try and control myself In Sha Allah. I don't want to be like my father."

Heeda moved next to him and hugged him. "Do you know the meaning of your name? Servant of The Glorious. You are no ordinary man." She praised her husband.

He felt warm and his heart felt swollen in his chest. He couldn't control the grin that appeared on his face. This was one of the reason why he loves his wife. Such an intelligent girl.

"Now say ahhhhh" Waheeda filled his spoon with rice and opened her mouth wide.

"Ahhhh." He imitated her. She pushed the spoon in his mouth and he happily accepted.

"Good boy." She patted his head playfully.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

In life everything has rules no matter how simple it seems to be. For drugs, one has to know when to take them, how to take them, their side effects and when not to take the drug. Unfortunately, many people don't care. People have made their own rules. -'Take the medication only till I feel better/ tired.' - Is the most popular and well known rule. Over the counter medication has led to a significant number of morbidities and even mortalities. One can never tell what a combination of pills or the inappropriate dosing of drugs can do to him/her.

No one is excluded in this ignorance. University graduate or high school dropout, the rate is even higher in the rich than the poor. The general term for this is drug abuse. You don't have to be high and out of your mind due to drug consumption to be labeled as a drug abuser. And Waheeda was one.

She bought a drug with no advice or consultation from a medical practitioners, she doesn't even know if you take it once a day or three times. She doesn't know what to do if she missed a dose. She was just on contraceptive pills and that was all she knew. The moment her urine pregnancy test showed negative she commenced treatment.

It was Saturday and Heeda had a lecture at 12 noon. But Both her and Abdulmajeed didn't bother waking up early.

Unfortunately they were both used to waking up as early as 5am and barely getting an afternoon nap. So they naturally woke up at 8:00 since they went back to sleep after Sabh salat.

Abdulmajeed was at the parlor drinking tea with bread while he watch African Magic while Heeda was in the small parlor eating Indomie noodles and watching E! A lot of times she forgets about the small parlor and end up torturing herself watching Abdulmajeed's boring programs.

They were both too deep into their shows that they didn't hear the cry of a car engine in their compound until the door bell rang. Abdulmajeed being closest to the door stood up and opened for the unexpected visitors.

"Yaya!" Haneefa sang on seeing him.

"Haneefa?" He smiled and stepped aside giving her space to enter.

"Yaya" Habiba greeted him with a broad smiled and stepped in.

"Yaya!!" Suraj shrilled cheerfully like his sisters as he waved both hands in Abdulmajeed's face.

Abdulmajeed double checked just to make sure there are no others left outside before jamming the door.

"Somebody will think this is your father's house. You just come whenever you want. Toh ni dai we didn't make lavish breakfast and no we don't have food for you to cook." Heeda warned as she came out of the small parlor holding her now empty plate.

"Please hold your food. Nobody wants it." Suraj hissed.

"Abi ooo." Haneefa agreed.

"Adda guess what?" Biba shrilled excitedly.

"First take this to the kitchen for me. " Waheeda placed the plate she was holding on Biba's outstretched hands.

Habiba frown but couldn't protest.

"You're such a kill joy wallahi. She was so hyped now look what you did." Abdulmajeed scolded her. Waheeda pouted and ignored him. "Where is Haneef by the way?" A.Majeed asked.

"In the car." Suraj replied causally.

"Won't he come in?" Heeda asked.

Suraj and Haneefa shrugged.

"You should go and call him in. " Suraj suggested. "I don't know why he has been frowning face since morning."

"Allah sarki kanina. Lemme go and talk to him. That's so unlike him."

"Ehn? But so like me koh?" Haneefa asked curtly.

"Ashe kin sani. Shameless girl."

Waheeda fixed her cap probably then stepped out to check on her brother. Seconds later she peeped back in.

"Whose car is that?" She asked them.

"Your car." Habiba answered and got a glare from Heeda.

"Hamma Suraj did you get a new car or did mummy get a new one?" Heeda asked again.

"Where will I get the money to buy a new car? Wujigo mufuddi na? (Have I started rubbery ne?"

"Diga tambaya?(It was just a question)" she frowned and shut the door.

Haneef stepped out of the car and leaned by the door. He crossed his legs and turned to take a glance as this sister through his sunglasses.

He almost just almost looked hot, Waheeda thought. She smiled and shook her head.

Haneef tilted his glasses away from his eyes. "Care for a ride?" He asked smugly.

Waheeda drew in a sounding breath. "Don't tell me it's your car." She asked in shock then paused. "No it's can't be. What of Haneefa?...........or are you going to share it?"

Haneef just laughed.

"Just say you want to ride this awesome car. " he waved the key in front of her.

"No. This is not right. I am next in year. I know you get a car only after you graduate university but I should still get one before you. This isn't right. I should call Daddy."

Abdulmajeed and her siblings came out of the house.

"You're so silly" Suraj laughed.

"What?" She turned and glared at him.

"Anyways this car looks more like me. I mean it's so me. It probably wants to be owned by me too. "

"It's not red though" Abdulmajeed stated.

"I just need something flashy ai. It doesn't have to be red. This white car is flashy enough."

"Oh. Madam flashy car. Congratulations. It's yours." Abdulmajeed announced and she looked at him like he had just grown four heads.

She finally snickered. "What are you saying? I almost fell for that."

"It's true thou. It's your car." Suraj confirmed

"Your car key ma'am" Haneef placed it on her palm with a bow.

"No way." She screamed. "No way. Da gaske? If you guys are sh*ting with me you will be all dead." She threatened.

"Oh My God." She kept exclaiming.

She sat behind the wheel and ignited the car engine. It roared and she screamed excitedly. Everything was clean and new in the car. It looked like it was brought right out of the store.

She killed the engine and ran to Abdulmajeed who just looked amused.

"Come let's go for a ride. " she pulled him but he was reluctant.

"Wait first I should call and confirm that I'm not being lied to." She muttered. "Or I will just drive there and ask Mummy and Daddy in person."

Abdulmajeed shook his head. "Sweetheart. I promise it's your car."

"You knew it was coming and you didn't tell me?" She looked at him accusingly.

He smiled and shook his head. "This is a surprise to me too."

She studied him for a moment. His smile wasn't genuine. It was fake and she could see it clearly. He had been acting bipolar and she knew half of it was due to work so she decided not to think much about his smile instead she would just try and make him as happy as she was at that moment.

"Really?" She grinned and crooked her neck to the side. "Come." She pulled him towards the car.

Making sure he was seated and buckled in the car, she ran to the driver's side.

"Show me what you've got. " he encouraged her.

Waheeda excitedly pulled them out of the compound leaving her siblings behind. They drove around their area for about ten minutes. It was the first time she drove Abdulmajeed but he trusted her driving enough not to be frightened. She dropped Abdulmajeed at home and drove her siblings home.

Tears of joy threatened to scroll down her fat cheeks as she hugged her father and thanked him a million times for the gift. Mummy helped her rejoice and thank her father. She was so happy she forgot about her lecture till she was almost late.

She rushed back home, got ready for school and rushed out apologizing to Abdulmajeed about being late and not being able to cook. Ofcourse she was back late because her last lecture ended just minutes before Magrib.

She stopped by a restaurant to get them a delicious takeaway meal. Her and Abdulmajeed have got to celebrate.

Abdulmajeed on the other hand was shocked and disappointed that he didn't get to be the one to surprise her with a car. He's been planning that for month. He wasn't even a multimillionaire but he was trying hard to get enough money so he could buy a car for his wife. Just when he was ready, her father stole his show. He was unhappy because all he's been planning for for months just swept off in a matter of seconds.

🦅🦅🦅

'Oh my God. I thought you loved me 😪'

'Thought? Loved? Are you insane?👿'

'Oh I knew I was going to end up being the only fool left in love.'

'Amma you're truly insane. What does that make me? Dead in love? Cause unless I am dead you will never be left alone in anything. '

'Lol. Village boy kawai. I almost had a heart attack.'

'Matan almajiri kawai. Better don't get a heart attack ooo. I might die instantly when I find out.'

'Aren't you so lovely. ' She texted back.

'So how much do you love me ? 😏'

'100 naira. '

'Ehn? 😳

'Bye dear. Work hard ka ji.'

'This isn't fair wallahi. Tell me how much you love me.'

'Wouldn't it be better if I told you in person?'

'Wow. Who is that awesome guru that taught you love and romance?'

'Yabon kai jahilci ne dai' 😛

'Bye apple of my eyes.'

'Bye'

Feeling all goofy and mushy, Waheeda got home early to prepare dinner for her one true love.

Pinkaso and vegetable soup was what she could come up with. She made the soup first then waited for the dough to rise before she fried the pinkaso.

"Salamu alaikum wa rahmatul lahi wa barakatuhu Ya Habibaty Nurul Ayn Rahmatul baiti." She heard Abdulmajeed come in with praises for her. She smiled. Isn't marriage a wonderful thing? She thought.

"Wa'alaika Salam ya Hubby. My everything. " She went to welcome him with a hug.

"How is my wife today and what has she been up to?" He hugged her back tightly.

"Not much. Just missing you."

"Really?" He acted surprised. "Did your car finally let you a chance to miss me? Wow. I should thank it." He said sarcastically.

Waheeda laughed. "Don't spoil our sweet happy moment."

"Well. I miss you too."

She escorted him to the room and got him a glass of water. As Abdulmajeed got undressed Waheeda tried to put everything he came in with in place.

"Let me shower first while you rest. I will only take five minutes."

Abdulmajeed sat on the bed next to her in his towel and crossed his right leg over his left one.

"I have a better idea." He said. "Why waste both time and water. You don't know about reduce, reuse and recycle do you?"

"Ofcourse I do. They are always singing it on Nickelodeon or is it Disney? Reduce reuse recycle " she sang.

"So you know the song but you don't understand the meaning?" He smirked.

Waheeda thought for a moment then gasped. "Abdulmajeed!"

"What?" He laughed. "See with the Ozone layer and the amount of waste we produce everyday and the reduce in sea level and sea life it's better we change and make a difference. And change begins with me and you. Now let's go shower. " he said nonchalantly and pulled her up.

"No. Leave me alone. Wayyo Allah. I refuse." She dramatically made a fuss like a child but he ignored her and dragged her to the bathroom.

"I will tell my mummy for me."

That made him pause. He sat on the edge of the bathtub with an interesting smirk on his face. "Really?" He asked.

Waheeda rubbed the place he had held her and dragged her to the bathroom. "What?" She pouted trying hard to look angry. "See, now my hand hurts"

"Are you really going to tell mummy?"

"You used force on me." She accused.

"I bet she will ask why"

Waheeda opened her mouth to speak then closed it. She repeated that twice. She realized she couldn't report what happened to her mother.

"You know what? You can even report to Mama or Umma. No Mama is even better since she's still in town and staying for a while. Should I drive you there? I would love to be reported. How will you say it? 'Mama kinga Abdulmajeed koh yace sai munyi wanka tare har da ja na cikin bandaki' oh My Goodness that would be so hilarious. Not for you though for me. " he teased her and even imitated her voice.

"Bana so. Ka rabu da ni. (I don't like it. Leave me alone.)" She frowned and folded her hands across her chest.

"Why? Am I holding you?" He raised his hands in surrender.

"I hate you." She muttered under her breathe.

"I bet you do." He pulled her closer to where he was sitting. "Cold bath or hot bath?"

"Volcano bath." She grinned mischievously.

"Yoo-hoo I like that." He shrieked.

He moved near the tap and picked the shower hose then turn on both hot and cold water. He felt the temperature with his hand and tried to regulate it.

"How is Mama today? I didn't get to stop by her place." He asked.

"She's fine. She was so happy about the breakfast. She kept blessing us. Do you know Abdul is home? I saw him and he kept promising that he would come over."

"That boy? Don't mind him he's only coming because you caught him. He's turned to a big boy since he joined the military. So did mama mention kids today?"

Waheeda laughed. "I thought it was becoming a routine thing now for Mama, Umma and even Anty to talk about their future grandchildren but surprisingly Mama didn't mention it today."

"My beautiful and wonderful mothers. " Abdulmajeed laughed with her. "They keep making plans for the kids but why aren't they showing up. Naughty babies."

Waheeda suddenly felt guilty. He won't be pleased if he found out why his babies aren't here yet. But she promise she would stop after this month.

"Do you know mama has never mentioned anything about her grandkids to me. Like she tells everyone stories of what and what she would do for her grandchildren but me. I don't know if it's shyness or just I don't know he shrugged. Maybe because we aren't that close to talk about stuffs."

"Sometimes it's just like that. You were separated when you were so young. You spent must of your adolescence in Anty's house and Umma was very warm plus her kids were your closest friends so you naturally got attached. Mama can't come and be over friendly over night. It would be awkward for both of you ai." Maryam Waheeda tired to explain as she moved closer to him.

"Koh?" He crooked his head with a smile.

"Besides there has to be someone you are scared and or shy of. It's only to my advantage. Someone you can't say NO to. Mama is my hero." She laughed evilly.

Abdulmajeed pointed the hose at her and sprayed warm water all over her.

"Ahh. Abdulmajeed!" She shrieked and chased him out of the toilet by grabbing the hose by the WC and spraying cold water on him. Waheeda quickly locked the door and showered in peace.

**¥¥

As time goes by, there is always something that comes between people. Friends fight, siblings quarrel, even husband and wife have misunderstandings all the time. The love between individuals is stronger than the reason behind the fights.

For fights between lovers the third party is always the loser. He will always end up looking like a fool at the end especially if he takes sides.

Abdulmajeed and Waheeda were in that phase.

Abdulmajeed was having breakfast while Heeda was busy on her phone. He was already mad at her for coming home late last night. Because she now has a car she feels she can go anywhere at anytime. Since her car arrived over two weeks ago she has visited more family and friends in Kano than she even remembers she has on a normal day. Though Abdulmajeed didn't like that she drove around anywhere and everywhere sometimes even without informing him, he tried to be cool with it and warned her only teasingly because he thought it was going to stop soon. He thought she was just overwhelmed and hyped by her new beautiful car. But it was like she didn't mind to read the signs he's been trying to show her with his eyes, speech and even smile.

When the car arrived at first, he was disappointed because he really wanted to be the one to give her that special gift. After a few days of thinking about it and listening to his friend, Aliyu's advice he got over it and was genuinely happy for her. He got a call two days back that her customized car seat covers were ready. He collected them and planned to give it to her but she was too out of control so he couldn't bring himself to give it to her.

He got a call from three different people on different days informing him that they just saw his wife. The first call didn't bother him, the second call he just thought 'oh people and their problem what if she didn't inform him that's how he will find out and be disappointed in her. The third call, he was truly disappointed his cousin called and said I just saw someone like your wife in our area, she was driving a white car. And the fact that she didn't inform him that she would go somewhere after school really made him sad. When he confronted her about it, she nonchalantly replied with 'oh sorry sweetheart I forgot. It was a quick stop.'

But then she repeated it twice after that.

As he was trying hard to focus on the food he was eating and not how angry he is at her, Waheeda suddenly shrilled.

"Oh my God." She laughed. "You won't believe it."

For a moment he almost panicked but seeing her laugh his frown deepened. He ignored her.

"Muhsin just sent me friend requests on Twitter, Snapchat and instagram." She held Abdulmajeed's wrist excitedly. "Your very social but anti-social media brother finally got himself in trouble. He has no idea how much data all these apps consume. I can't wait to break the news to him."

She typed something on her phone then laughed. "Look what he sent me on Snapchat."

She showed Abdulmajeed, picture of Muhsin with the flower filter and caption 'finally got to use the filter.'

Abdulmajeed hissed.

Waheeda frowned at him but quickly shook it off. "Say cheese let's send him a selfie."

He didn't smile but she snapped the picture anyways. "What's wrong with you?" She asked as she sent the picture to Muhsin with caption 'breakfast with bae'.

"Don't send that." He ordered with command.

"Why?" She turned to him.

"Cause I said so. " he gave her a sharp look.

"It's not like I'm posting it for the whole world to see. You know I hardly do that."

"Don't send it to him." He warned.

"I already did." She shrugged.

"I told you not to!" He shouted.

"I did already before you even said not to."

"You did this on purpose. You just do whatever you like these days."

"I don't know why you are suddenly angry and shouting. But let me just believe it's jealousy. You don't want me to chat with Muhsin. Alright I won't but don't shout at me like that please." She said calmly.

He snatched the phone away from her and went through her Snapchat contact.

"Mr K. Captain. Ibrahim. Raj. Mr Fine face. Dr fashionista. Samir na. The Hell!!" He threw the phone on the table.

She sighed. "What is this Abdulmajeed." Waheeda said through gritted teeth.

"Who are all those people?"

"Most of them are my cousins. I was never the girl who spoke to many guys. And I have deleted most of the few I spoke to. And I definitely don't share snaps with them. If you like check my recent chat you won't find any guy on the list." She stood up to leave.

"Where are you going to? I am talking to you Maryam."

"To my room because if I stay here it seems your going to hurt my feeling by accusing me and shouting for reasons I don't know. And I am going to piss you the hell off. So I am walking away from it all and saving us both the stress. Let's talk when you're calm."

"Sit back down and listen to me" he ordered. She didn't sit down or move from where she stood. Seeing that she wasn't going to do as he ordered he continued talking "These days you're either on your phone or driving around Kano. So you're going to delete every single male you have on your social apps. No wait. You're going to delete your insta Facebook twitter and Snapchat. All of them." He drank a glass of water and stood up.

"Have a nice day." He whispered as he passed by her.

Waheeda was too shocked to even blink. Who did she marry? She cried. What is wrong with him. How long have they been married and he's already like that. It's barely been three months since she moved in with him and look at their situation.

She wiped the tear that escaped her eye then took a deep breathe. "Negative energy begone." She shouted and shook her body. It's a brand new day, she woke up happy and she won't let anyone that woke up on the wrong side of the bed affect her positive energy.

She cleared the table and washed the dishes. After cleaning the house she sat down and deleted all her social apps including Whatsapp then proceeded to block all Abdulmajeed's incoming calls and messages. 'He thinks he got temper? I got fire. Camouflaged fire.' She muttered to herself.

She left home by 9:30 as her first lecture was 10am prompt. She returned home past 4pm and cooked Abdulmajeed's most hated form of swallows, Tuwon masara (Maize) and one of his favorite soups miyan kuka but instead of using shredded chicken she added shredded dried fish with some part of it's bones. He hated that.

**

At work Abdulmajeed was so disturbed. He regretted shouting at her and asking her to delete her social medias but he was still unhappy about some of her acts. He wanted to know if she was okay and make her feel better but he didn't want to apologize for things she did wrong.

He called her line a few times but it wasn't going through. He went on Twitter to ask them how to make a woman feel better but immediately felt guilty as he has forbidden her from using all apps. She probably didn't even listen to him but he was so harsh and that too early in the morning when she was happy bright and shiny.

Money! That's it. Money works magic but will it work on Maryam Waheeda?

They have been legally married for over four months and have lived together for three months but she has never for once asked him for money. Sometimes she request for things like shawarma and other chops. And when there is shortage of food items she informs him. Apart from that she has never asked him to give her money for personal stuffs. He only willingly gives it to her. Like when he's traveling or when he feels like she needs money. He has only directly recharged her phone twice since they got wedded.

First time was when he left her to spend a week with his family in Abuja he gave her pocket money but also recharged her phone with 5 thousand naira. The second time was on eid day.

Thinking that filling up her bank account a bit won't hurt he deposited 20k to her account.

Someone knocked on his door and peeped in before working in. "Sir" the young cadet saluted. He was handsomely dressed in his dress suit.

"Uhm. Any news?"

"Sir I found out that they are investigating something concerning Professor Adewale, Senator Frank, Jamilu Tsoho, Abubakar Sulieman, Hadiza Umar, Senator Opeyemi and......"

"Waiiiit wait wait wait Jamilu Tsoho and who?" Abdulmajeed stopped him gesturing with his hand.

"Hadiza Umar Sir, Minister o.."

"And who?" He cut him off

"Sulieman? Sir "

"Which Sulieman?"

"Senator Abubakar Sadeeq Sulieman"

As he mentioned the name, Abdulmajeed just closed his eyes and clinched his teeth. His suspicions were right after all. The office was up to something against his father and they were hiding it from him. He assigned his trusted cadet to help him look into it.

The young man stood at attention waiting to be asked another question or dismissed.

"What are they investing?"

"I couldn't get that information Sir."

"It's okay 'slow' Thank you very much. You're dismissed."

With a smile on his face, he saluted his Boss. "Sir." And made an about turn then marched out of the office. The young man was nicknamed 'slow' because he was the last in every activity during his training days. But his brain was always the first. His work is usually in the intelligent force department since he became a permanent staff. Everybody calls him slow just like how everybody calls Abdulmajeed boss. Most people don't even remember their real names.

Detective Mustapha has refused to tell Abdulmajeed what was going on because his father was involved. The only thing he is embarrassed of in his life is his father. Most people just find out on their own. The only person he told without much hesitation was Waheeda. Apart from his step brothers Sabir and Muhsin, Waheeda was the only other person he took to his father's house.

The only person he wanted to tell his problem after hearing this news was Waheeda. He wants to confined in her. He needed her support and heartwarming smile her wise mouth and honest thoughts. But he ruined that chance in the morning before he left home. He tried her number one more time but it was still unavailable. He sighed and continued with his work but both his father and wife were at the back of his mind.

He called his father because he was actually worried and couldn't concentrate. He knew he might not pick up or if he did then he would sound distant and cold like always. But he did anyways and the call was answered. He felt his heart skip a beat. "He hello?" He stammered.

"Hello. Good afternoon." He heard a feminine voice from the other end.

He sigh. ofcourse.

"Uhmm. Afternoon. Please can I talk to the senator?"

"Is this his son Abdulmajeed?"

"Uhmmm you know me?"

"Yes ofcourse you're his son after all. Come around the office sometime. He is in a meeting right now, I will tell him you called."

"Oh. It's alright thank you Miss ...?"

"Mrs Kingsley. "

"Thank you Mrs Kingsley. Please can you just tell him I hope he stays safe and strong and that I .. uhm I wish him well. Please make sure you tell him that."

"Sure thing Sir. I will write it down and inform him as soon as he comes in."

"Thanks a lot Ma"

"Please don't mention."

He hung up the call. He felt better atleast it's not that he refused to speak with him, it was just that he was too busy to talk to anyone not just him. And even his new secretary of five years knows him, he felt important. Everything was going to be okay, he assured himself.

On his way home, Abdulmajeed stopped by to buy Maryam Waheeda ice cream while he tried hard to not think of it as a bribe.

He took a deep breath then knocked on the door, he didn't wait for her as he used his key to unlock the door.

"Salamu Alaikum" he said as he entered his house.

"Wa'alaika Salam. Welcome" he heard his wife's cheerful voice before she appeared with a smile and collected his bag and shopping bags.

He did a double take on her. He was trying to smile but the confusion was vivid in his expression.

"How was work?" She asked as she walked him to the room.

"F fi fine." He stammered. She looked so beautiful in one of his designed ankara/plain yard style. Fitted gown with pattern and stone work. She was just dashing. Her light makeup was on point too. She just left him wondering what went right. Was it perhaps the money he sent her? No wonder people claim that money can make anything happen. He thought with a smile of satisfaction.

Waheeda made him feel relaxed and comfortable. She had everything planned. To think he even dared to bribe her feelings with money made her want to take revenge even more. He was playing with fire and he knew not. She was going to make him happy and make him feel guilty at the same time torture him till he can't bare it anymore.

"I made miyan kuka the way you love it. Lot of meat and mai shanu (Ghee)"

"Yum" he grinned.

"But its cold now I'm sure. Let me warm it in the microwave. You just wait in the parlor." She winked.

"Sure. By the way you look gorgeous and I am definitely a good fashion designer."

She smirked and raised her brow at him. He nodded smugly. She shook her head and left.

The scent of Ghee filled his nostrils and he knew he would have the best dinner ever. She unwrapped the maize swallow first and served him, though he thought it was unusually white he still believed it was refined maize corn, semolina. She served him the soup and the scent was overwhelming he couldn't wait to eat.

Waheeda served herself too and sat down to eat.

"Bismillah." They started eating.

As he put the first morsel of food in his mouth he came across a fish bone. He managed to pick it out without spitting out the food.

"Did you use fish?" He asked.

She nodded. "You love fish so I used smoked fish to make it taste better." She said with a smile.

Hearing that she did so to make him happy, he just nodded and continued to eat with out complaint trying not to chock.

As he ate he realized that the tuwo he was eating was getting more and more difficult to eat and it sure didn't taste like the semolina he knows.

"But is this semo?" He asked.

"Wow. It taste like semo right? Wallahi it's tuwon masara. My grandma gifted it to us since our wedding. I decided it's time to use it. I should call her and tell her you love it." She replied excitedly ignoring his unsatisfied look.

He ate the food like he was eating flagyl drug. Waheeda kept up her act of not noticing his grimace and enjoyed her food occasionally smiling at him.

He badly wanted to complain but he ruined her mood at breakfast he would be a really big jerk if he ruined her dinner too. He persevered till the last morsel and sighed of relieve.

Waheeda did her best not to laugh but broke down as soon as she entered the kitchen with their plates. He ran to the toilet and vomited the food that hasn't reached his stomach yet. He has never suffered while eating food in his life like that moment.

"Yawwa Amaryan Abdulmajeed zo ki zauna kusa da angon ki. (Dear Abdulmajeed's wife come and sit beside your groom.)" he tapped beside him.

She sluggishly walked to him and sat down majestically.

"How was your day?" He asked sweetly.

"Good. We had three lectures and I came back home ASAP. How was yours?"

"You know. A little messy here and there. A nagging feeling. An apologetic heart and a whole load of work." He shrugged.

She scrutinized him as he tried to act normal.

"What?" He smiled looking confused.

"Uhm uhm " She shook her head. "Just thought maybe you had something to say?"

"Uhm No ..... uhm Maybe?" He looked uncertain.

"Maybe?" She raised a brow.

"Okay. You go out to much and I'm not talking about school. It started disturbing me that people are seeing my wife everywhere. And I have been going through some rough time and I thought maybe you could give me more attention because I needed you but it was either you're driving around town or you're on your phone. I got really pissed. I am sorry I snapped at you. I shouldn't have said somethings I should have been more patient or atleast requested for your attention but I acted like a moron." He said really fast.

Waheeda snickered.

"What's funny?"

"You. Is that why you sent me money?"

He scratched his head. "I couldn't reach why. That reminds me why can't I call you or message?" He asked. She only shrugged.

"Anyways you tried to bribe me. You think I am cheap. Wow." She accused.

"No I didn't." He denied quickly. "I just thought maybe you buying things you really like will maybe soothe your heart. Maybe?" He asked hoping to get a positive reply.

"Money doesn't solve all problems Babe. It didn't soothe me in fact it made me really sad but hearing you apologize now and trying to personally make me feel better with only your charms I don't hate the money so much anymore." She laughed. "I will use it well. I was planning on transferring it back to you. But you've apologized and I got my revenge" she whispered the last part.

His eyes widened. "What was that?"

"Uhm? Nothing."

" I heard something something revenge .." he narrowed his eyes at her. Waheeda couldn't hide it. She looked absolutely guilty.

"I knew it. I knew you were torturing me with food and one of my favorite type for that matter. Oh my God. I felt like dying while eating dinner. Move away from you. You're so wicked." He pushed her playfully. She laughed hard and clenched on to him.

"What has been bothering you these days?" She asked seriously amidst their pull and push.

He stopped pushing her as his smile faded. "How about we talk about this another time?" He managed a smile.

"Anytime. I will alway Alway! Listen to you and comfort you and tell you the truth. Always be here for you." She hugged him tight.

"I agree but.." he fought to move her away from him. "I can't sit in the same place with the person that tortured me with supposingly good food. " he stood up and ran to his room. He stood behind the door blocking it from her forceful push.

"Sweetheart open the door I won't do it again. " she was seriously laughing while she banged and pushed the door.

She managed to open it and ran inside to hug him. And that was how the lovers made up.

Sometimes showing concern, worry and apologizing after a fight is all you need to do to make up.

Other times it might take more than just a 'sorry' to solve those problem. Maybe you have to show commitment and gain trust again. At the end it's best if both apologize and makeup. Life is a rollercoaster after all.

Abdulmajeed went to freshen up for bed and Waheeda quickly went to her room for a pill.

"What's that?" She heard Abdulmajeed husky voice ask. Waheeda jumped and turned to him. She didn't hear him open her door. It was clear he caught her popping a pill.

"Eh? Uhmm uhmm. What?" She hesitated.

"Are you feeling unwell? I just saw you swallow a pill." He went closer to her.

She slowly pushed he drawer she kept the pills in under some of her clothes.

"I was just feeling discomfort in my stomach and a slight headache. So I took pain killer."  She smiled.

"Oh sorry. Lets go to bed."

He held her hand.

That was too. ...... way too close.

She has to stop this craziness.

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Ramadan Mubarak.
May Allah accept all our acts of worship.
Ameen.
I hope you're all in good health.
May Allah increase your health and bless your wealth(Family, money, education etc). 

Xieykhalil
23/05/2018

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

223K 32.8K 84
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
32.6K 3.7K 25
Love is a strong feeling of affection, idolization, adulation, endearment and adoration. Love is happiness and love is delight. As a young Muslimah...
565K 28.4K 58
❝ You are a Lair, Professor! ❞ I said as I slapped him across the face. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. ❝ No student of mine may disrespect...
119K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...