THE HYBRID

By Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... More

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Hi Neighbour
Luci-O-Hell
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
AVENGER
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Identity
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Broken Promises
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Lost paths
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

Puppy!

3.7K 135 5
By Jayniel_ezra

Chapter 4

Edited.

_

________

Heyyyyy. It's me.

As I'm editing this book... I cant help but wonder who even allowed me to wrote this bs.

I'm clearing up all the cringe from here so if I'm editing this book and I don't finish with all of chapters... the point if views and some stuff will be different in later chapters (I'll edit them as soon as possible)

Anyway.

Happy reading.

____________

The light scent of green apple hair conditioner mixed with slight rain water drifted up Lea's nostrils and she shifted a little in her sleep.

For some reason, everything about the place felt warmer... safer. She unconciously inhaled more of the sweet scent and smiled, instantly reminding her of someone...

Green apple scent wafted more around her and she started feeling the surrounding around her.

Soft... fuzzy... warm.... body?

She felt her hand to the side and realised that there was someone beside her. Her eyes flung open with a jolt and she saw the dark-haired boy sleeping next to her.

She was clearly aware of the fact that she had fallen asleep on the chair, beside the bed and not on the bed.

Lea could recall that somewhere in the middle of the night, she had felt a stretching pain in her neck.

But the next moment her body felt lighter, as if she was floating in air and the pain slowly disappeared as she felt her head rest on something softer.. fluffier....

She could only imagine it as a dream, for she couldnt be sure about anything.

She looked back at his face nibbling her lower lip with confusion.

It was hella weird... she hadn't cuddled with the boy in a long time. And the fact that he was basically shirtless was a minus point considering their bodies were pressed against each other.

Lea took her sweet time to secretly admire his angelic face. His dark soft fluffy hair that was unevenly set on his forehead, making him look like a cute mess. His eyes, shut and his long eyelashes draped like a curtain. His mouth... there were no smirks... no idiotic grins or any other stupid face that he pulls out when he says stupid things.... it was too calm... too pure and ethereal. His pink lips met each other in a perfect curve.

Lea felt like an idiot.

She sighed, and looked back at the ceiling. The dawn had just broken out and a faint yellow-orange shade had splashed in the sky.

Lea checked the time on her phone to find the clock displaying 6:45am...

She sighed with relief that she hadn't put any alarm, fearing that that would have woken up the living-heater beside her....

And again Lea stayed still wondering what was the reason, considering the boy didnt look exhausted like he would used to when he got sick.

She could feel the warmness radiating out of his body and she wondered if it had to do anything with the wound on his shoulder.

She decided that she would have to get some more medicines for Zack from a clinic or a hospital, if incase the dog or whatever attacked him was rabid.

But he looked pretty much alright, despite the chunk of flesh missing from his shoulder.

Lea tried to get up but she was anchored to the bed like a statue. The grip which felt like chains, that tightened around her waist.

It only took a second for her to realise that she was clamped down by Zack's arm.

She put her hands under the blanket and gently held Zack's hand, so as to not wake him up. She looked back at his face to make sure that he's still asleep and forced his hand up.

Lea huffed holding the weight.

Succeeding finally, she released herself from his hand and stood up from the bed. She looked back at Zack and exhaled tiredly.

She removed the blanket off of him, as it was very warm... to an extent, where it could be called 'hot', under it. But with a fraction of second he grabbed it and covered himself, cuddling it.

Lea's mind went like Oh-kaaayyy... maybe, that's the way he wants...

She tied her hair up, letting few lose strands fall on my shoulder. It was a lazy start to a lazy day after all so she didnt really putting much efforts. 

She made her way to the bathroom to finish with her morning routine. She quickly came out of the bathroom, grabbed her phone from the bedroom and headed downstairs to make some breakfast for herself and the sleeping boy upstairs.

She looked in the fridge to find something delicious... but there wasn't much.

Lea thought that she should really go for some grocery shopping... considering the amount of food left.

She hummed to herself but then a thought struck her like lightening.

She quickly grabbed her phone from the cold kitchen counter and punched in the unlock code. Before she could go to the Contacts section of her phone, it began started playing the loud ringtone.

"Adrian " Lea whispered under her  breath.

She quickly answered it in a single breath, "what the actual fuck happened last night you jerk? Arent you supposed to look after the younger? How can you just leave him and not watch over him when you know how he is? I want some goddamn answe-"

"Hey.. whoa... whoa... can you like chill woman? Jesus... tell me what happened.... just calm down for fuck's sake..." his voice sounded a little raspy, as if he had just woken up

"Adrian... get.the.boys.and.be.at.my.place.in.an.hour." she snapped sternly before hanging up.

She was so mad... Zack, was her closest friend. Eventhough sometimes he could be a little crazy and be quite questionable... he always made time for her and basically treasured their friendship so much. And Lea loved him despite all the stunts he would pull up.

Lea could believe, that without Zack Ray... she really wasnt Azalea Stevens.

All the years that had followed... the two had always been together, for the longest than anyone else.

And seeing the boy in a messed up state the night before, awoke something in her.... anger.

She couldnt tolerate the sight of Zack being hurt. Anything... but that. She would take a bullet for him and there wasnt any doubt in that.

She eaved a huge sigh massaging her forehead. She inhaled and exhaled deeply and slowly, calming herself.

But Lea suddenly realised the fact that she had invited the boys over this early in the morninh, they would surely come without having their breakfast.... and the little note that she had currently run out of food seemed like a bad idea.

Lea knew better... hungry people woken up from school would definitely be the spawns of satan. For a certain point, she could say she belonged in the category but it wasnt her spotlight.

She panicked a little around the kitchen and wondered if she should call Adrian  to get some food on his way but everything about that sounded like a bad idea considering she had just yelled  at the male not a while ago.

She shook her thoughts clearing her mind for a better option.... Luciel.

She quickly grabbed her phone and dialed in his number.

On the phone:

Lea: hey Luciel

Luciel: hey lea... wassup?

Lea: umm... did Adrian call you by any chance?

Luciel: no... not yet.. why?

Lea: okay then... you will be recieving one in a minute or so...

Luciel: is everything alright?

Lea: ya... umm, I have a favour to ask you. Can you get some food like donuts and stuff to my home?

Luciel: yeah.. sure. But, am I supposed to come at your place.. like right now?

Lea wondered how in the world she would tell them that their beloved friend got bit by a dog.

She sighed

Lea: yeah... like I told you, you will get a call from Adrian... I will explain everything once you guys come here.

Luciel: alright.. see ya.

Lea: thank you so much.... I owe you one.

She heard him laugh on the other side and she smiled hearing him.

Luciel: you owe me a lot of other things too... anyway, I will see you. Bye

Lea: bye...

-click-

Lea sighed again putting her phone down on the counter. She went through the cabinets to see if she could find something... anything.

Lea's hands found a cereal box and she pulled it out.

She smiled victoriously, remembering that at least Damian loved fruit loops.

She placed it on the table and went back to searching the cabinet. At a lightening speed, realization hit her that she had the pancakes mix. I cheered and did a small dance when she found the box proudly sitting on the shelf with the label 'Pancake Mix' around it like a towel wrapped around one's body.

She quickly removed the box out and gathered all the requirements, for the cooking session. Time flew by quickly and it was 7:30 am already by the time she had finished half way.

She heard two cars pull up on her driveway and she rushed towards the door to he met with a rib-crushing hug from the youngest, Damian.

He perked up smiling brightly as sunrays reflected from his soft hair "hi Lea... morning~~~~"

She smiled back at him, "morning Damian..." he walked in and she saw all the three elders looking at her. Matthew walked in lazily, his eyes still half closed. He did a quick short wave, not even looking at her properly.

Lea shook her head looking at the bog but then chuckled but it was cut off just as she saw Adrian. He stood infront of her in the middle of the doorway.

"The house looks fine,... you know?" He said resting his chin on his fingers, pretending to admire the house

"Ummm? What?" Lea was confused

"The way you screamed into my ear, I thought you set the house on fire..." he smiled with sarcasm dripping from his tone and his voice.

"You better have a good reason to drag us all the way here.... I swea- wait! Is that pancakes I'm smelling?" His train of thoughts cut off when the beautiful aroma of fresh pancakes wafted towards him, making him forget all about his 'Im-gonna-screw-you' speech. The boy sniffed the air and walked in without saying another word.

Luciel came up to her and pulled out a box

Donuts...

She smiled at him, "thankyou so much..."

He took a whiff of the sweet air that came out from the house, "seems, like you actually got a lotta food in there..."

Lea smiled embarrassed, " I was going under a mental breakdown that I didnt notice...." she bit my lower lip nervously before looking back at him. He was smiling sincerely with his blonde hair glazing in the sunlight

"I hope your mental breakdown solves over donuts and pancakes..." he said smiling, walking inside the house.

Lea walked in after him and closed the door. She looked up at the staircase, sighing a little and wondered if the boy was awake but considering the silence from upstairs she knew that Zack would still be asleep

Just like Lea had predicted, the whole kitchen was rampaged by the boys. Damian sat on the chair with a bowl filled with fruit loops with milk and another plate stacked up with pancakes. And Lea only prayed for the boy to not get an indigestion....

Adrian scarfed pancakes down as if he were playing his XBox games, trying to win the first place. Luciel and Matthew engaged themselves in some conversation as they ate their share of pancakes.

Lea watched the whole drama unfold, but there was something she needed to talk first... something important.

"Guys!" She said, grabbing their attention as they all turned to face her "the reason I called you is beacuse Zack-" she paused

"Zack? Zack what? Where is he anyway?" Damian asked her keeping his spoon down.

"Dont tell me he fell into some trouble again. That kid cant control his own shit.." Matthew added.

Everyone snickered at that comment except for Lea.

"N-no... its because-" she tried to explain them but then stopped abruptly when a loud shriek erupted from upstairs.

In a flash of another second Lea was following all the 4 boys on the stairs. Her heart raced and fear crept inside her.

All kinds of scenarios zipped through her mind but she couldnt really figure out.

The boys reached to the door earlier than her, since they were faster.

Lea slowed down in the hallway as she the heard loud pounds and Matthew's voice "hey! Zack.. open up!!. We're here... please just open up...."

Damian continued pounding on his door trying to convince Zack to open the door.

Lea stood next to Adrian, her hands slowly curling around his wrist from fear.

"No.. no... this can't be happening.... no..."

They all heard Zack from the other side.

Lea could tell something wrong had happened to him, with the way sounded and that terrified her only more..

"Zack.. please trust us.... please open the door..." Matthew's voice softened, but his face clearly showed the worry for the younger one trapped in.

"No...NO! go away.... please... " Zack protested, his voice filled with shock and fear.

Lea felt her heart clench... she wanted to help him but she couldnt even reach out to him.

Their pleas only got Zack saying 'no' louder.

"No... no.. please go away... no.. I dont want anyone.. I don-"

"Zack?" Lea's lips quivered and she gripped onto the hem of my shirt, leaving Adrian's arm.

Silence... welcomed them for the first time and the boys looked at her with surprise when Zack didnt protest even a bit.

"Zack.... please let us in... we can help you.. whatever it is... we will help you. I will help you..." she said standing infront of the door. The guys moved a little back, so as to give her a little place to stand.

They all heard the door knob click and slightly open.

Lea stopped breathing and glanced at Matthew and Luciel who stood beside her. Matthew nodded at her with assurance while Luciel, give her a worried-expression as she walked in and closed the door behind her.

She looked around only to find Zack sitting on the floor, facing himself away from me, staring at the window. He huddled himself in a blanket and stayed still.

"Zack?" Lea called out to his name

He didnt give really give a response and Lea felt her skin crawl.

"Zack?" She called out to him again but he just ignored her whole presence. Lea could sense there was something wrong in the air....

"Zack.. if you dont answer me... I'm leaving this room." She threatened, folding her arms and pretended to leave.

"W-wait... promise that you wont run away... promise that you will help me.... there's something I want to show you" he stuttered standing up, with his blanket still huddled close to his chest. The sunlight from ahead made his back appear black from the shadow.

"I will... I will try everything to help you... I promise that I wont ever run away.... what is that you want to show me?" She took a step closer

He let go of the blanket, his gaze locked with hers. Lea stayed still, her eyes on him and suddenly there was something different.

A pair of black ears snapped up amidst his dark raven hair. She gasped loudly in shock covering her mouth.

CRASH~~

The door burst opened with 2 guys on the floor and 2 in the doorway. Damian and Adrian stood up on their feet. Luciel and Matthew took huge strides to get near Lea and pulled her back.

Lea looked back at Zack, who huddled himself again with the blanket, covering his head and body only showing his toes.

"What?" She questioned as Luciel pulled her towards the door. He stopped abruptly and turned around to face me.

"What do you mean by 'what'? You cant just.... see things... because someone says so." Luciel said awkwardly, trying to stand strong with his words. Lea looked at everyone's expression and they were horrified. Lea looked back at Zack and he looked even worse.

"What are you talking about?" Lea asked confused teisting her hand free from his grip.

"What he means to say is... you cant just go around looking at the D's just because they ask you to see them. Zack is going through some horny-dipshit stage, so please excuse him! And you're not that dumb too... how can you just say that.... you want to see it too?" Adrian flicked her head.

Lea couldnt connect the dots at all. She was confused and stuck in a sand storm.

Zack had mutated a pair of ears and the boys... arguing that she wasnt allowed to see it made no sense whatsoever.

Her mind whirred and her eyes widened with horror whe  she realised what the boys were implying with the 'D'

"What the hell is going on?! What are you even talking about? No! NO! no one.... was talking about Ds in this room..... " Lea yelled in his face.

Everyone looked at her, as if she had gone mad.

"Then how... the hell.. are you gonna explain 'what is it you want to show me?', the loud gasp which was followed a moment later and Zack huddled in his sheets, obviously hiding his nude body which I'm going to throw in the trash the first thing this morning..." Adrian growled at me.

Lea leaned in closer to his face, "it isnt like that. JESUS!! Zack isnt showcasing his junk here. We've got a real problem here...."

"And.. that is?" He growled back

"Me..." Zack said slowly, walking closer and dropping the blanket to the floor.

Lea gazed at Zack with pure awe and when his eyes landed on her she quickly averted her gaze some place else.

From seeing the expression of the grand revelation of Zack, it seemed like they preffered the nude instead of the mysterious black furry ears popping out of Zack's head.

"And thats not it...." he inhaled slowly, his newly formed black ears twitching "it's also these.." he sighed

Damian gasped loudly, with his eyes bulging out. His eyes showed pure innocence and worry.

"What the hell happened to me?" he questioned, turning around, where his hairline in the back of his neck had prominently thickened like a line along his spine.

Zack turned sideways, his arm folded infront of him and their eyes fell on his finger tips that had blackened... and it seemed to sharpen as if it were claws.

Lea didnt know what to say at this point... she was too shocked to realise that my bestfriend had a pair of extra ears and retractable claws. The boys were shocked as well.... unable to speak a single word.

The boys started off with their questions but everything else faded to Lea in the world.

When Zack turned around to meet his gaze with hers again, she didnt look away. She looked straight into his deep blue orbs. Help.... is the only thing that his eyes reflected. No mischievousness,  no jokes.... just a cry for help. It had been a while since she had felt the feeling she was feeling for the boy. Lea didnt know why but she felt different about him. His eyes felt like a spell... dragging her deeper towards him.

His eyes were absolutely enchanting and she could see something stirred in them. Something... so calm.. natural.. but terrifying.

She blinked her eyes several times looking at the ground and then back at him only to find that he no longer looked at her. Zack shifted his attention shifted his gaze to the boys, trying to answer all the questions pondered on him.

Lea looked at him.... from top to bottom. Ears... the soft black ears.. black hair and fur. It reminded her of only one thing.

"Puppy!! " she squeaked to herself, but Zack's eyes snapped back to her.

His look was so foreign.... terrifying, yes. But for she had never seen the look before.His orbs flashed silver-blue suddenly and he looked at her with a dark gaze, the corners of his mouth working its way up to form a smirk. And you could say, Lea regretted it as soon as she blurt it out loud, for it had awoken something else within the dark haired boy.

Something that he had never felt, something more stronger.... something which was a desire to unravel the conentment he had been missing out.....

Authors Note:

(Recent edit) OH KAY. I CHANGED A LOT HERE, WHILE EDITING. I REMOVED THE TAIL AND ADDED THE HAIRLINE AND THE CLAWS... SO IF YOU SEE ANY CHAPTERS NOT LABELLED AS  Edited THEN IGNORE IF YOU SEE SOMETHING ABOUT A TAIL CAUSE LMAO WHATTHEFUVK WAS I THINKING.

I forgot to thank all you readers of both THE IMMORTALS and THE HYBRID... thanks for all those views and likes!

Also.. what do you think of this chapter? I dont know if I can really write the next chapters without cringing all time, but anyways... I will keep going...

Stay tuned for the next chapter..... a lot of things will go down between The Crew...

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.FAN

Anyways... sorry for all that rant.

Have a great day!

Love,
Jaye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
273K 6.7K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
81.1K 2.1K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
1M 27.4K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...