Something Only We Know ✔️

By GoldenCalypso

||Completed|| Love is not an open door. Love is not a game. Love is not a fairytale. When the game of love le... More

Something Only We Know
Special Attention
Dedication
Prologue
Introduction:One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
fire
sleep with me
hulk's daughter
chocolate on my lips
who are you?
keep your eyes on me
why do you have to sing?
the piano
life at risk
one last time
just a wind
his heart
secret for secret
sleeping beauty
something nice
a promise
neverland
happiest
waiting
that promise
hurt
everything
adrian
erase
thank you
me and you
stay
sweetheart
fear
this
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

naughty

169 22 3
By GoldenCalypso

She is the type of flower that can still grow after a forest fire.
~Pinterest

Please do me a favor and CLICK ON THAT LITTLE STAR ⭐️ BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN. It would really make me smile😀

Serena

I found myself in my old house; that cozy place I had been known to call home. It had its usual lukewarm humidity and the dim lights glowed brighter. In the middle was the grand piano; a black beauty.

"I'd love to hear you play," a voice told me. It was a familiar voice, a voice that could dazzled my skies.

I looked around me.

Nobody was there.

"Come here, Serena," it told me, "I'll play with you. We'll do a piano duet."

On the stool beside the piano was Adrian. He was wearing a black tuxedo and his hair was messy. What made me freeze was the way he looked at me. There was a new glint in his eyes that I had never seen before.

He was expecting me.

I approached him, reluctantly.

I wanted to wrap my arms around him but I was afraid of the piano. I was afraid that I might accidentally play a note of it. I was afraid that I would forget that I hated music.

"Don't be afraid, let's play together."

I looked at him. He had his hand lowered to my side, clearly expecting me.

"I can't play." I told him.

"Liar. You know you can. Why do you lie?"

I hesitated.

"I don't want to play." I admitted, honestly.

"Then, come sit by my side. I will play you a song instead."

With reluctant steps I neared him. His gorgeous eyes welcomed me as I stood next to him and watched his clever hands wander among the black and white to mound a song I have never heard before.

In fact, I was not even afraid to hear it.

"Serena, wanna know a secret?"

I nodded.

"The sweetest song I've ever sung of," he looked at me. "That's you Serena, you are that song. You are the only song I will ever sing again."

***

"Wake up baby. It's almost evening."

It was clearly the voice that sang in my dreams. A bit dreamy and mesmerizing. A beautiful masculine voice that belonged to a demigod.

The demigod was looking at me.

"Hello beautiful." He greeted me and kissed my forehead.

"What was that for?"

"For waking up beautiful... mind if I kiss you again?"

I gathered my instincts. Adrian and I were still on the floor, a blanket tangled between our legs. As I wriggled closer for him to kiss me, I suddenly remembered what happened.

Didn't we just try to have sex?
I touched my chest.
Oh God.
I was naked.
And so was he.

"What's wrong beautiful? Did you have a panic attack again?" A worried expression was on his face again as he locked me into an embrace.

Something was nudging me from behind.
Wait a minute... is that his...

"I think I need a shower," I told him, "we'll talk about panic attacks later, Adrian."

He smirked, his blue eyes shining.
I couldn't keep blushing.

"Don't be shy baby," he pulled me closer to him, "you have to get used to waking-up-with-your-husband-naked-and-wanting-you-so-much.Believe me, this is a rehearsal to make you practice for perfection."

My husband? Is he trying to play a joke?

"Look Adrian," I began as if I didn't care about what he just said.

"Yes baby, I am looking at you..."

"I might have a panic attack if you don't let me go. I'm serious, trust me." I told him.

Adrian didn't let go of me. Instead he held me much closer to him and brushed his lips against my cheeks.

"I need to shower too." He began, "besides this is my house."

Oh. That hurts. A little.

"Then I should be going," I said trying hard to hold back my tears, "I have a friend of mine who might just let me take a shower at her place."

Adrian looked sick. He placed his palm on my cheek and caressed it, slowly.

"I'm sorry," he told me, "you don't need to go anywhere. You are mine and everything that is mine is yours too."

I inhaled the deep scent that surrounded me.
"I was just joking, I won't leave you Adrian." I stammered not knowing if I was giving a promise.

"What if they find you? If that happens, would you leave me?" He asked me like a little child who was not tall enough to grab the cookie jar placed on a shelf.

I stared at his blue eyes. I didn't want to break what he had. I didn't want this; our relationship, to end. At least I should have a good goodbye before time wanted us separated.

"Will you promise me that you'll stay?"

"Adrian," I began, "in my world there are no promises. I don't want to promise you anything because that will make you hurt. If I promise you something, that will be a burden for me."

I will promise you no promises.

"I understand Serena," he said, pathetic for his lovely voice, "but if they find you, you won't be alone this time. I want you and I don't want you to leave me. This time, you won't need to runaway from them. I'll make them runaway from you."

Oh my sweet Adrian.

Don't get in trouble because of me.

I'll ensure that you won't meet trouble that belongs to me. I will promise only that. Yes, only that.

***

Adrian finally left me to myself. I was in the bathroom now, draped in the blanket that he had wrapped around me. For a moment I stood in front of the mirror and looked at me.

I saw a sad brown haired girl looking back at me. She didn't have the glimmering eyes that Adrian had. She didn't quite have charming features that made others to notice her. In fact, I even wondered what was beautiful about her.

Only the sadness in her eyes made her remarkable.

I didn't know what Adrian was seeing in her eyes that made him want her so much.

Perhaps, he was not serious as he says.
Or I was the flavor of the month.
Just like a flavored condom, he would eventually throw me away after using me.

Stop.

Adrian is not like that.
He was always so kind to me. He would never do that to me. But still I wondered if I deserved his kindness.

Hours earlier today, I messed up his mood and my mood. We were trying to make love and I freaked out because of some crazy panic attack.

What would Adrian be thinking of me?

I wanted to make him happy and then I made everything worse. He would have thought that I hated what we were. He would have thought that I didn't like to be with him.

He would have even thought that I didn't quite fit in for his girl.

I felt ashamed of myself. I failed in satisfying his needs. I couldn't give him what he wanted.

Hastily, I turned on the shower. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on everything around me. I remembered the way Adrian looked at me when I freaked out because of the panic attack. I remembered the way his eyes turned softer when I revealed everything to him.

I told you Serena and I tell you again, you are that one girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Gosh. Is he really out of his senses?

He shouldn't expect anything from someone like me.
And what if I had to leave?
What would happen to Adrian?

"Honey, are you done? May I join you?" It was Adrian speaking to me from the other side of the bathroom door.

Join me?
But I have already locked the door...
Oh. He must have had a key.

"Don't even think about joining me!" I yelled to him, blushing.

"Okay. Okay. I'm not going to come. But will you please come out soon? You have been gone thirty damn minutes and I'm dying here without you..."

I exhaled. I thought he was really going to open the door.

After having a quick shower( I really didn't want to be the culprit of Adrian's death) I went near the towel hanger. But there was nothing on it. Strange thing, Mrs. Reece didn't usually forget to hang new towels...

Oh shit.
Mrs. Reece is gone.
And so were the towels.

Suddenly the bathroom door cracked opened. Adrian was at the door, having a naughty smile on his angelic face, a towel in his hands. Although his smile was naughty, there was something in his eyes that sent chills throughout my naked body.

I felt the blood reach to my cheeks.
The naughty boy was enjoying the scenery.

"Hey baby," he began stuttering, "I think you forgot to get your towel."

Woah... I wasn't quite expecting that from Adrian. But he wanted to become naughty. And I let him become naughty.
What do you think of Serena? Do you think she will really leave Adrian?

Have you already added this story into your reading list? If you haven't please make sure you do.

These days, my head is exploding with new ideas. It is so hard to stay alive like this. So please show me that this story is worthy of all the explosions going through my head.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

I will be updating in the next 24hrs.

Love each and everyone of you,
GoldenCalypso ❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
13.9K 917 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
151 5 14
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. .・。.・゜✭・.・ They were two completely different souls at the start of the school year, when one day Sheila sees this boy and falls in...