☑ | World of Mary Sue, But I'...

By aquaseries

Jesse (man) died only to be transmigrated as Feng Mian (woman), in a world ran by Mary Sue. Fortunately, he d... More

Jesse
1: Out From The Frying Pan Into The Fire
2: Counterattack
3: Earning money, money, money
4: Loyal Dogs & Damsels
6: Counterattack II
7: Sunshine Orphanage
8: Ying Yue Zhao
9: Engagement
10: Feng Mian meets Emperor
11: Emperor and the Devil
12: Working Together; Effectively
13: Rumored To Be Gay
14: Family Gathering With Liu's
15: Double Rejections
16: Summer Date
17: Catching The Dogs In The Act (!)
18: 2 Years
19: Limelight
20: Lust & Love
21: SCHEME
22: Counterattack III
23: Two Men, A Heart of Gold
24: The Wolf Found His Mate
25: Shi Bai
26: Passionate Kisses, She Dominates
27: Three Is One?
28: Henpecked Husband
29: DNA Result (!)
30: Mary Sue Is Vicious
31: Ultimate Counterattack I
32: Ultimate Counterattack II (!)
32.5: Roball
33: Chasing Love
34: Love Formula
35: Captured Wolf (!)
36: Pretend Boyfriend(s)
37: The Rumored System Reincarnation
38: Wedding Nights (!!)
39: Assorted Teas
40: The Last Gathering
40.5: The End
41: Dragon Child
42: REVENGE
43: SINS
44: Epilogue
Special 1 (!BL)
Special 2 (!BL)
Special 3 (!BL)

5: Ryou Hisa

6.7K 332 22
By aquaseries

"WELCOME SIR ZHAO! I'm Mr Browns and it's a pleasure having you in this wonderful evening. Shall we discuss your terms right away? Here is a form you must fill in." He gently tapped a thin stack of papers before him that has already been prepared for any unexpected client. "And please, don't be shy if you have any questions. Once you've completed fill-- --"

His words were abruptly stopped when Jesse smoothly walked towards his table and swiftly sat herself on the soft chair, crossing her legs like she owned the place. She turned her head towards him, making him feel intimidated all of the sudden as he felt a creeping sense of danger.

"How much do you earn annually?"

For a moment, Loyal Dogs' boss couldn't device any answer, but Jesse patiently waited until her words formed in his little head. "T-that. That's not quite an appropriate question, Sir Zhao. But since you are our prospective client, it'll be a pleasure to be acquainted with you." He recovered his smile, then proceeded to explain his answer.

"To answer your question, the average would be 3.5% monthly and 42% a year. We have several clients and associates, adding to our investments, we normally would receive a revenue of $10 million. Of course it's not much, but a big difference since we started 3 years ago. I can even say we are better than most Loan Sharks in D City. Have I satisfied you, Sir Zhao?" His eyes focused on Jesse, a dark glint in his eyes. He flashed a look to his men in black by the door for a moment before resting his eyes on Jesse's face once again.

"Well then Mr Browns, I'll offer you $45 million to buy off your Loan Shark." Although confused and out of it, Mr Browns was about to retort when Jesse raised a finger to silence him. "Not a word. Listen to me first."

As she said so, she abruptly stood up to leisurely walk towards the huge glass windows, facing the sunset. Her usually very light blue eyes were tinged a bit of fiery red. She did not bother turning to look at Mr Browns when she spoke. "$45 million but you'll still manage the company. $45 million for you to make me the owner, and while you get high salary bi-weekly, you'll also have no say with the decisions I'll be making once I take over. Think carefully. $45 million in an instant and you'll still retain some authority, the only difference is... I'll be your boss."

Jesse still did not turn to look at Mr Browns whose countenance has turned indecisive. The proposition was indeed delicious as it will make him a millionaire overnight and still keep his job. But the sudden appearance of Jesse gave him so much unease.

He gulped nervously, as if afraid in making a mistake and as if his life was at stake upon this decision. "W-Why should I believe you?"

"Because Mr Browns, I'm a Zhao."

It was still in the small office for a moment until Mr Browns hesitantly spoke once again. "I know your surname is Zhao... but what does it matter?"

Jesse shrugged. "It seems you don't get around in our D City very much, uh, Mr Browns. I'm slightly disappointed. I assure you, this is an investment you wouldn't want to miss in your lifetime." After a brief pause and there was still no movement, Jesse decided to push further.

"Horizon Line Inc. Do you know of it, Mr Browns?"

Like a good student, the man who was in his late 40's nodded his head repeatedly and replied, "It's one of the major corporations in D City that's been around for almost a century. The biggest shareholders are Luyang Zh....a..o.."

"Your brain is a disappointment, but I shan't discriminate you just because you are a little slow. Does this conclude our partnership?"

Although slighted, knowing it was actually the famous Zhao he was talking to, he was suddenly filled with questions. "Why would you even invest on a Loan Shark? Illegal money lending is not secure if you wish to focus on your company. What exactly do you want from Loyal Dogs?"

"None of your business. Rest assured, as I've mentioned, you'll retain your job as a lesser boss, a vice president if you will. So that also means the Loan Shark 'Loyal Dogs' will continue to exist. Deal?"

"Deal!" No matter, he'll get his $45 million after today. He was growing tired of being the big boss as well and it was time to relax a little, maybe make a family or something.

Jesse finally turned to look at him, calmly saying: "Then we'll complete all transactions today. My witness should be arriving in 5 minutes."

Hearing this, Mr Browns was jolted from his glee. "W-witness? And 5 minutes?"

"Despite this being an illegal firm, some reassurance wouldn't hurt. Hence, watch your back Mr Browns. Just the right time, in 5 minutes, it'll be 4:55 PM. Can I have a cup of drink?"

Mr Browns was caught off guard by the last bit, but since Jesse will be his owner soon, he hurriedly ordered his men in black to make a pot of tea somewhere.

The men in black that were silently commanded to ready their secret weapons were caught a little off guard. But they were trained, and immediately retained their composure. Since there were no instruments for making tea, one of them went out of the building to buy drinks somewhere.

"Your establishment needs some refurbishing."

Mr Browns was so embarrassed that he shrank into his seat further. He went red even more after Jesse's next assessment.

"And new debt collectors."

Jesse's frosty eyes stared down at the middle aged man whose dignified bearings could no longer be salvaged under her cold scrutinizing gaze. Others may interpret her cold gaze as indifference, but to Mr Browns whose exchanged plenty of words with Jesse within the last 20 minutes, he had an inkling that Jesse was looking down on him further.

However, in reality, Jesse was simply thinking of making more money tonight. Her frosty eyes were merely resting in no where particular.

-

When 4:55 PM came, a knock came on the door. Mr Browns signaled his man in black to let the person in. When the person came in, Mr Browns was momentarily surprised.

A tall lanky but handsome man revealed himself, a briefcase by his side. He wore his suit neatly on him, causing Mr Browns to look even more poorly dressed with his own way of wearing his cheap suit. But nobody in the room really cared how Mr Browns looked despite his diminishing ego.

As if he hasn't got enough scare yet, Jesse fired another perfect shot into his heart, jolting him into another state of nervousness.

Jesse did not bother to approach the man, but briefly introduced him. "Ryou Hisa, my private lawyer from S&L."

"Y-you mean that S&L?" Mr Browns hoped Jesse would answer his query, but not even Ryou bothered to look at him after coming inside the small office. He simply stood there like a good servant, waiting for further instructions from Jesse.

Mr Browns gulped another mouthful before opening his mouth to reassure himself. "Shelby & Lenzie Law Firm... Ranked 5th as one of the best firms in D City, and within, the surname Hisa was established and renowned for these passed 2 years. But despite his sudden emergence, he has the skills to back his inexperience..."

Mr Browns then slumped further into his seat, muttering to himself, "He even won the impossible case against a major corporation despite how powerful the opposing force was... Managing to organize and prepare the proofs available, backing everything up with his deadly skill of intimidation and turning white to black, or vice versa...."

Jesse's cold voice then said, "You know of Mr Hisa, but the major shareholder of Horizon Line Inc slipped your mind? Maybe I should reconsider having you manage Loyal Dogs'."

After her indifferent speech, Mr Browns recovered his bearings, trying to appear as unfazed as he can, although it was too late now as his insecurities have been revealed. But Jesse did not ignore his puny efforts, briefly glancing over Ryou Hisa.

"Have a seat Mr Hisa."

After which, Mr Browns obliged every file necessary for transferring Loyal Dogs' ownership that only required 10 minutes. Jesse, with Ryou's help, read through all the paperwork and signed.

"Look forward to your $45 million in your bank account. Give it 24 hours, and you don't need to come to work until next week."

With these commands, Mr Browns subconsciously saluted. Jesse's frosty eyes looked upon him with askance. With the kind of person Mr Browns was, dealing with the hooligan-debt collectors would only be a minor issue.

"Thanks for coming punctually, Mr Hisa. Payment should've been sent 40 minutes ago."

Ryou glanced upon Jesse, then gave her a brief nod. He first became acquainted with the Young Master Zhao over 2 weeks ago, together with other big names. Since he was paid highly, he'd of course do his client's bidding. Whether it be for advise or his main occupation's service.

However, despite his rigidity, he silently acknowledged the Young Master Zhao's charisma that could make people submit.

"Then I shall be leaving, Young Master Zhao."

Jesse waved her hand, putting it back into her side-pocket once again as she leisurely followed Ryou Hisa outside the small office. Ryou Hisa gave way to which Jesse obliged.

When Jesse abruptly stopped at a certain door, Ryou Hisa almost slammed himself onto Jesse's lean body, stopping just in time before his chin hit her head. Jesse did not even bother to look back despite having been the cause for the almost-collision. She merely turned the door knob, revealing the three henchmen and the two young girls.

Seeing the scene inside the room, Ryou Hisa felt a little disgruntled. His professional mask cracking with a frown. Although he was not invited, he followed Jesse inside.

Henchman#Leader was the first to notice Jesse, immediately revealing his signature ugly smile as he leered onto her once again. "Well, well. How did it go, beauty?"

Jesse was unfazed by the unwanted endearment, but Ryou Hisa was unpleasantly surprised. From what had just occurred in the small office, these hooligans should be Young Master Zhao's people henceforth. Thinking up to this point, Ryou Hisa decided to stand idly by, awaiting the Young Master's actions.

The room was not larger than the main office, but it was furnished with a bed and enough room for people to stand or sit on the chairs laid by the wall. It was an inappropriate room, most likely owned by one of the deb collectors for personal use.

The two feminine youths were restrained in ropes by their wrists and ankles, while their mouth was covered by a tape. They were not in any indecent state of undress, but their doe eyes expressed fear as if they've been scared out of their wits.

It has only been roughly 30 minutes since their separation, and they were already in this emotional state, at a brink of despair. The two other henchmen paused with their work of setting up the cameras and lighting.

Jesse briefly scanned the items on the floor, completing her short assessment of the situation. Then her frosty eyes laid upon Henchman#Leader, the coldness sipping out of her lean countenance. As her cold gaze grew more frosty, Henchman#Leader finally felt something was not gonna go right, his ugly smile faltered.

"Beauty, did you get your loan?" He asked once again, persistent in becoming acquainted with Jesse. He obviously weren't as interested to the girls as he was to Jesse whose appearance was that of a man although young and pretty. It can only be said that his preference was of the same gender.

Ignoring Henchman#Leader's repeated question, Jesse fished out her phone instead. She tapped a few times then put the phone by her air, smooth and slick.

"Can I talk to Officer O'Hara please." A moment later, her voice resounded once again. Everyone in the room was curious of her actions, stopping whatever it was they were doing to understand what Jesse was up to. Her antics abrupt, her voice was powerful and clear. "Officer O'Hara, may we have another opportune together with your two other officers. I happen to require your assistance in 7 minutes. ASAP." After which, not even listening to O'Hara on the other end, she ended the call, putting her phone back into her pocket securely.

With both her hands in her side-pocket, her laid back countenance was much more pronounced. She simply stood there as time ticked away.

After 1 minute, Henchman#Leader cursed to himself upon realizing what just happened. "F***!" He rushed to grab Jesse by her shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 30.9K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...
44.2K 4.8K 145
Wei Wuxian's girlfriend is super bored; their engagement is falling apart, and he truly believes she is cheating on him, but doesn't want to give her...
87.6K 4.1K 11
Every dragon has a reverse sale. They dislike anyone touching this reverse scale. Although the dragons are normally peaceful creatures, if anyone dre...
37.7K 992 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...