The Twist Of Fate

Por Glass_Reaper

Cason was weak, he was always getting over-shadowed by his sibling. No one would bat an eye when he was bulli... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1: Another World
Chapter 2: The Useless One
Chapter 3: Dodge
Chapter 4: The Church
Chapter 5: Forest Of Esgua
Chapter 6: Cheater
Chapter 7: Floor 12- Scarf Of Pride
Chapter 8: Floor 21 - Weapon Of A Reaper
Chapter 9: Floor 30 - Rank Up
Chapter 10: Floor 52 - Dragon
Chapter 11: A Plan
Chapter 12: Floor 78 - God Fragment?
Chapter 14: Floor 100 - Harulo's Final Floor
Chapter 15: Fresh Air
Chapter 16: Meanwhile
Chapter 17: Adventurer's Guild
Chapter 18: A Sister Yet A Thief
Chapter 19: The First Request
Chapter 20: An Encounter With A Party
Chapter 21: The Start Of The Journey Ahead
Chapter 22: Atop A Mountain
Chapter 23: The Dragon King
Chapter 24: Enchanted To Meet You
Chapter 25: A Fluffy Ally
Chapter 25.5: Remembrance
Chapter 26: Explanations
Chapter 27: A New Base
Chapter 28: Restoration

Chapter 13: Floor 99 - Unlucky

8.8K 290 58
Por Glass_Reaper

800 reads ... thank you all, here's the next chapter.
----------------
Floor 99 stair's entrance-

Finally, we're almost at the end.
After 2 months of conquering floors, we finally reached the 99th floor.

"It's been a long time since I entered this dungeon." I remarked and sighed. "How long has it been, father?" Aaron asked me, with a refined tone.

He has already become an adult dragon, mostly because he ages by leveling up for some reason. They grow up so fast.

"2 months ..." I said, "You don't even know how long that is ...". "Indeed I do not know, I have not even lived that long." Aaron said, sighing as well.

"No need to be depressed you two, we've had great memories here." Cat smiled. ""Who said we were depressed?"" Aaron and me said together, and then looked at each other.

"It's time ..."
"Yes it is."
"Definitely"

The three of us stepped forward and slowly descended down the stairs.

.....

Foggy.

Lots of fog.

I couldn't see a thing about 20 meters in front of me, and the others also were affected. I appraised the fog, as I was reminded of some sort of toxic fog (I wonder where).

————————————————
Vampiric Magical Fog
————————————————
A type of magical fog that slowly
drains your life force and magic.
Blocks the usage of transformations.
Vampires and Undead are unaffected.
————————————————

I tried to transform to [Grim Reaper] but nothing happened. I was stuck in my original form, unable to use the form's bonus.

The greater problem was Cat's scythe form. She was always in human form except when I used her as a weapon against a boss, only then would she transform. Now that strategy was out.

"Another very strong soul, but something's off about it." Cat said, looking off into the distance.

"What is the worst that could happen? Father is very strong." Aaron said, dooming us to the jinx's curse.

"Let's move on." I laughed to hide my nervousness as we trotted forward.

The fog's humidity increased to a suffocatingly amount as we walked. We might as well have been breathing in water.

"We're here." Cat said as she stopped in front of a large purple orb the size of my head. "An <Orb>?" I asked, inspecting as I walked around it.

"Something's off about it, but I don't know what..." Cat said as she helped me inspect the orb. "[Appraisal]

————————————————
                    Soul Orb
Carries: 10 Legendarily Enchanted
Ancient Dragon Souls
————————————————
An orb infused with Soul Magic.
Can absorb souls to use later as
Golems or Undead, requires
magic formation.
Being used in: Undead
Currently Inactive
————————————————

"10 <Legendarily Enchanted Ancient Dragon Souls>?" I said aloud. "10?" Aaron repeated right before he took a step and tripped over an alter spike. He caught himself on the orb and pressed onto the orb. It began to shine a purple hue as Aaron stepped away from it.

The ground groaned as pockets of it lifted. Bones began to poke out of the earth and started to form. One after another, the bones formed to make a leg, then two, three, four. Large curved bones flew up as they formed a gigantic ribcage. The bones shuttered, creaked, and groaned as they clicked together in their places.

Slowly they formed a tail, wings, then a neck. Lastly the skull popped out of the ground and flew to the to of the dragon. As it shuttered in place, it stopped moving. A light sparked in it's eye and a blue flame lit ablaze in one of them. It let out a loud, low roar as it held it's head back. It looked at us and drew a breath. And fired. All in the span of less than ten seconds. (Oh man I'm so getting sued, twice)

"[Barrier]!" I managed to yell out before it became a blue flamethrower. The others where shocked. "[Scythe Form]!" Cat yelled out, but nothing happened. "What! Nothing's happening!" Cat said as she pranced in place. "Calm down, it's the fog." I said as I handed her Aaron. "Hold him back please." I said as I lower the barrier after the bone dragon lost it's breath.

"Don't die father..." was all I heard as I rushed the dragon and punched on the snout. The skull cracked and immediately healed. "FUCK!" I said as my hand shattered on contact, rendering it useless. The bone dragon took the sudden opportunity to slash my chest and I was sent sprawling backwards to the wall. I felt a few bones break as I fell of the wall and fell on my face.

"[Full Shadow Heal]" I managed to sputter out as I coughed up some blood. "1/3 my HP in one hit, Jesus." I said as I enchanted myself and rushed again. At that point it put it's attention on Cat and Aaron and I used the opportunity to grab it by the tail.

The surprised dragon started to flail but I lifted it up but it's tail snapped off. It's flailing tail whipped at me, keeping me distracted as the bone dragon drew a breath and fired.

I took a swift step and moved away and dropped it's tail. The tail reconnected as the dragon spurted it's last flames and paid full attention to me.

"[Light Of Dawn's Break]!" I yelled out, the light affinity's strongest damage dealing spell. The dragon roared out and a barrier appeared around the dragon, absorbing the light spell. The bone dragon opened it's mouth and my spell accumulated there, concentrated into a sphere, and was shot out as a powerful light beam. "SHIT!" I yelled out, "[Dodge]!" and the beam phased right through me.

The duration of [Dodge] ended directly before the beam faded, chunking 7/8's of my health away. "[Full Shadow Heal]!" I yelled out once again. The bone dragon took advantage of the lag time, roaring out and summoning a skeleton army.

They were easy to kill, one by one, but I was over run quickly due to the sheer amount of skeletons. As I squirmed they all kept slashing at me, and something happened. A skill I had never seen activated.

————————————————
Passive Skill: Self-Preservation
————————————————
STR UPx10 SPD UPx10 DEX UPx10
Requirements: 1/20 Max HP
Gives- 1x Shockwave
Cooldown- 1 day
Des: Pushed down the farthest one
can go, it's either life or death from here.
Choose wisely
————————————————

"[Sh-ockwa-ve]?" I managed to read through my bloodied eyesight. Immediately the surrounding skeletons flew backward, hitting the wall with a loud CRUNCH. Their bones instantly shattered, making bone shards pile by the walls. The dragon was shocked at the sudden shockwave.

"[Fl-ame-'s F-ury] I cough out, summoning a giant pillar of red flames, consuming the bone dragon. It screamed in pain thanks to the boost.

I smile weakly, [H-eal] I said. My black light surrounded me, healing me to a relatively safe state.

As the dragon was putting itself out, I noticed that the bones received no damages, but the original purple orb did. It was located in the place of it's heart. So in my precious preparatory seconds, I told Aaron and Cat about it. We made a final combo, everything we had.

The dragon quickly put itself out, rolling on the floor. It paid full attention on me, not noticing two humanoids sneaking up on it.

I signalled them, "[Light Of Dawn's Break]" I said and the dragon put it's magical barrier up, absorbing my spell. "[Frozen Hallows]!" Aaron chanted, freezing the orb and dragon. "[Final Cutter]!" Cat yelled out, the orb cracked.

The dragon thawed out immediately after that and roared. I felt heavy, very heavy. I appraised myself, "Gravity Effect x500" it read. Cat and Aaron already collapsed in a heap on the floor.

I couldn't do my part like that, so I panicked. I kneeled down on the floor, almost at defeat. The dragon had won, loud and clear, square and fair.

Something forgotten popped into my head, a shiny purple knife. 'THE KNIFE!' I thought to myself, my final plan of action. The dragon was on top of me, ready to devour my soul. I looked up, strait into it's burning flame eye, and gave it my most evilest grin.

The dragon was surprised by my inability to go down, my fighting spirit so they say. "This is the end. [Thunderbolt]" I told the dragon as I held the knife. The knife flew forward, toward the orb, it impaled itself in deeply.

The dragon let out one final cry, one different from all the rest. Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep-Beep sound resonated from the orb. It was so cliche, I almost smiled. I raised my barrier around the unconscious Aaron and Cat.

I heard the explosion, expecting to tank it. My vision filled with white, but something odd was in it.

In big red letters.

CRITICAL HIT

I got blasted to smithereens.
(The end?)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

15.9K 1.7K 35
Since childhood, Dusan heard stories about airies-the magical creatures who could bend the rules of nature to their will. Despite looking like humans...
3.4K 366 47
A Steampunk/ Gaslamp Fantasy Romance set in the industrial revolution era of a fictional world. Magic, mad science, multicultural ambiance, and polit...
194 7 13
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...
819 51 57
Wordcount: 88.33K A bully in school, a parasite as a grown-up. The shadow of a man. A shunned member of society. Such are the descriptions given if o...