Love Not Included (An Arrange...

By zeboplier

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Theora Botsaris and Nicholas Markopoulos. The marriage marks the... More

Summary
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Epilogue Part II
Epilogue Part III

32

58.1K 2K 66
By zeboplier

Theora went to her parents house for the day, Misha had been sick for the past couple of days and hadn't come in a while Nicholas was busy as he was soon going to named CEO in a ceremony some time next week. Carmen was at home taking care of the baby and resting so obviously she couldn't come as well but nonetheless Theora thought she could spend time with her parents and Yaiyai as she was missing them dearly.

"Theora have some more cake you've become as skinny as a twig" Yaiyai said. They had just had lunch and Mama served her homemade chocolate cake which she made especially for Theora as dessert.

"I've already had a slice Yaiyai and really after lunch I have no more room. The food was amazing Mama"

"Anything for my princess" Mama said gliding a hand over Theora's cheek.

"You look so frail dear" Yaiyai persisted "are you feeling alright?"

"I'm feeling just fine, Yaiyai"

"No nauseousness"

"No"

"No loss of appetite"

"No"

"You don't feel faint?"

"Yaiyai why are you asking me all these questions? I'm fine do I look like I'm feeling nauseous or weak"

"That's peculiar" Yaiyai said looking her up and down suspiciously "when's your period?"

"I'm on my fifth day today" Theora shrugged and did not expect the collective gasp her mother and Yaiyai made. Theora looked at both of them with a confused expression.

"You're not pregnant yet!" Yaiyai exclaimed "even after being married for a year!"

"Yaiyai it's only been seven months" Theora replied

"Call Dr. Stevens woman!" Yaiyai yelled at Mama.

"It's ringing" mama said holding her phone to her ear

"Dr. Stevens? Will someone please tell me what's going on?"

"Theora honey, don't worry Dr. Stevens has the best fertility clinic in the state we'll get a baby inside of you in no time" Yaiyai said reassuringly patting her knee. Theora's mouth fell open her mind unable to digest this madness. Dr. Stevens? Fertility clinic? Baby!!???

"We have to leave now, Dr. Stevens says he's only in town for today" Mama said after she hung up the phone

"Well then get moving" Yaiyai got up

"But Mama!"

"Not now Theora we can talk on the way" Mama said pulling her towards the car.

Once in the clinic, the three of them were sitting in the waiting area as Dr. Stevens was with another patient. Theora excused herself to go to the bathroom and immediately called Nicholas when she got there. Nicholas didn't pick up on the first ring so she dialled his number again which also went to voice mail. After muttering a few expletive in frustration, Theora dialled his office number.

"Hello Markopolous Inc. You've reached the personal line of Nicholas Markopolous" his secretary answered

"Hi I'm Theora Markopolous, can you please get Nicholas on the line"

"Sorry Mrs. Markopolous but Nicholas Sir is in a meeting"

"Its an emergency! Get him on the line NOW!!"

"I'll transfer the call you'll be on hold for a couple of seconds"

Like the secretary had said Theora was in hold for only ten to fifteen seconds but it felt like hours to her.

"Theora!" She finally heard Nicholas' voice instead of the annoying music.

"Oh thank god!" Theora sighed in relief

"What happened? Are you alright?.."

"I'm fine Nicholas"

"Then what was the emergency. I was in a very important meeting and Dad wasn't happy when I excused myself abruptly to come outside to talk to you"

"I'm sorry Nicholas I don't know what I was thinking. Guess my brain malfunctioned when Yaiyai and Mama brought me over to a fertility clinic after learning I am on my period and not pregnant!!" Theora almost yelled at the end.

"You're in a fertility clinic right now?" Nicholas asked in a surprisingly calm manner

"The woman's bathroom to be precise"

"Send me the address" Nicholas said

"Are you coming over here?"

"Yes I'll be there as soon as I can"

"But the meeting"

"You come first. I'll talk to you when I get there" Nicholas said before he abruptly hung up. Theora was still staring into the phone thinking about what he just said when Mama entered.

"Young lady what is taking you so long someone might take our turn"

"I was just checking my messages" Theora said putting her phone in her purse.

"Seriously Theora there's a time and place to be browsing through social media. This entire generation is doomed" Mama complained as they exited the bathroom together. They went straight into the doctor's office where Yaiyai was already seated.

Dr. Stevens was a surprisingly young doctor probably in his mid thirties to early forties.

"Hello I'm Dr. Stevens" He introduced himself in a friendly manner before sitting down.

"Hello Doctor I'm Mrs. Botsaris and this is my mother in law and my daughter Theora"

"So may I ask which one among you three beautiful young ladies is the patient?" joked Dr. Stevens to which Yaiyai and Mama giggled like school children while Theora could only manage a forced smile.

"Theora here is the patient" Mama answered "she's been married seven months now and still hasn't been able to conceive"

"Seven months isn't a long time Mrs. Botsaris. It's not unusual for couples to have children one or two years after getting married"

"It is unusual in our community" Yaiyai spoke up

"I see" Dr Stevens said tapping a pen on his notepad "how long have you been trying?"

"Pardon?" Theora squeaked feeling her cheeks burn.

"How long have you and your husband been trying to conceive?"

"Umm I'm not really sure" was all she could answer

"Well then how long has it been since you've stopped using protection?"

"Never" Theora said lowly. Yaiyai and Mama seemed equally uncomfortable at this point.

"Never as in you've never used protection"

Never as in we've never had sex was what Theora meant but instead she gave him a slight nod.

"Well I suggest we take a blood test just a normal blood count the result will take about fifteen minutes after that we'll discuss your menstrual cycle and I'll give medication accordingly" Dr. Stevens wrote something on a note and handing it to Theora showing her the way to the lab.

Five minutes later, Theora had tourniquet fasten tightly to her arm as a male nurse checked for a vein.

"Her veins have always been difficult to find" Mama said

"Mama is this necessary" Theora whined "I'm going to get bruised as usual"

"I think I found one" the nurse said. Theora rolled her eyes they always say that and sure enough he wasn't able to extract blood and punctured her repeatedly. He was able to extract blood from the other hand but now Theora had a nasty bruises on each arm.

"It's nothing a little ice can't fix" Yaiyai said as Theora rubbed her arm. Suddenly the door to the lab burst open.

"Nicholas!"

Nicholas' eyes landed on Theora then to her bruised arms.

"What have you done to her?!" Nicholas yelled angrily looking over to the male nurse

"It's not his fault my veins are a little difficult to find"

Nicholas clenched his jaw staring down the nurse.

"I'll call Dr. Stevens over" the nurse said getting out of the room in a hurry.

"It's a good thing you're here now both of you can get tested" Yaiyai said smiling at him. Theora held his hand giving it a slight squeeze so Nicholas wouldn't go off at Yaiyai.

"So I hear the husband has joined us as well" Dr. Stevens said coming in. Nicholas and him exchanged a short handshake.

"So the blood test will only take a few more minutes then we'll discuss this further"

"There isn't anything to discuss" Nicholas said

"But Nicholas we have to.." Mama tried to reason with him

"Don't you want to conceive Mr. Markopolous?" Dr. Stevens asked cutting Mama short

"No" Nicholas replied shortly

"This is insane Nicholas we have to find the problem now and treat it so you conceive later on" Yaiyai said angrily

"Actually they could wait if they like they're both still young"

"No Dr. Stevens! If Nicholas doesn't want to be tested fine but you test our Theora" ordered Yaiyai

"I'm sorry Yaiyai not today" Nicholas said picking Theora up bridal style and taking her away.

"Well I guess I'm not needed. Goodbye" Dr. Stevens laughed closing his file he left the room as well leaving Yaiyai and Mama stunned behind.

"Nicholas have you done mad!" Theora exclaimed as he carried her out of the hospital. Nicholas remained silent even as he placed her in the passenger seat of the car. As he started the car, Nicholas dialled his father's number and connected the phone to the car's speaker.

"Nicholas what are you doing?" Theora asked but before she could get an answer Leon picked up.

"I hope this is an explanation on why you abruptly left the office" Leon's voice boomed over the speaker

"I need you to clear your schedule for tonight" Nicholas said

"What for may I ask?"

"It's a family meeting I'm calling my father in law and his family too. There's something I need to discuss"

"Fine I'll be there at eight" Leon said before hanging up

"For the love of god Nicholas, what are you doing? Why have you called a family meeting?" Theora asked exasperated. This day was becoming too much for her.

"Do you trust me?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Do you or not?"

"Of course I trust you!"

"Then I'm doing this for our own good and that's all I can tell you for now"

Theora slumped back into her seat helplessly everything was going to hell and she could do nothing to stop it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 19K 22
Its big day for both family. Two family ready to bond by the name of marriage. But when the marriage become more of a heartbreak for both family be...
153K 6.1K 58
When Lily meets Max again at his sisters wedding, she still feels the crush she had on him when she was fifteen. However, even when things seem to be...
256K 3.4K 10
Oliva's life has changed so drastically by marrying a man she didn't know. Arrange marriage has always been a family tradition. The only difference...
642K 19.9K 35
TO BE REVISED. DRAFT. Michelle Newman had finally caught her break when her father named her the new President of the family's hotel empire. For her...