THE HYBRID

By Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... More

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Luci-O-Hell
Puppy!
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
AVENGER
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Identity
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Broken Promises
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Lost paths
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

Hi Neighbour

5.2K 161 19
By Jayniel_ezra

Chapter2

Edited

___

Heyyyy guys... welcome back.

I hope you enjoy reading.

_______

________

"And I love you sooooooo much, my dear cute little bestfriend!" Zack said pulling Lea's cheeks even more harder

All of a sudden a bunch of veggies fell on Zack and he groaned letting her cheeks go. "Hey! Leave my sister alone..." Adrian said wiping his hands on the napkin.

"What? I was just having fun..." he pouted like a baby sinking back into his chair

Lea couldnt believe that someone like Zack could exist. At one point you'd want to stab him to death and the next tuck him in bed.

"Cookie.... but you are... going on a date with Jaren.... for real?" He asked, looking into her eyes

She sighed sipping juice "I dont know.... I dont wanna talk about it."

"But you can't be serious... right? I mean... just look at him.... he's like the most creepiest kid on the whole campus. He doesn't come to any parties, doesn't like playing soccer or basketball, he doesn't even interact with ANY other human beings... except for that one friend of his, Dave. He is like so mysterious.... as if he... I dont know, isn't from this planet at all..." he said shrugging his shoulders

Lea looked at him giving her best cut-the-crap look.

He shrugged defensively "what? Im being serious...."

"Just because he doesn't play basketball or soccer or doesn't come to any of those shitty parties does not make him any different. He sees the world better than anybody else and moreover I love mostly about him is that.... he doesn't go around trying to sleep with every girl he finds... unlike some people." Lea replied ending her little defences speech with a yawn. She looked back at his face, to find him expressionless as if he were a mannequin.

"Are you throwing shade at me?" He asked boring his eyes deep into her soul.

Lea stifled her laugh getting up from her seat "nah... not at all. I'm done... I better head back to class.." Lea looked at Luciel and Matthew once and smiled before leaving.

The whole table roared in laughter as she left and smiled to myself

times as these, should never die.

******

Lea pushed the door open and walked into hers class. She saw many girls standing together and laughing and talking. Some of the boys were playing around. Lea frowned sitting in her seat alone.

Lea wished that there was one girl-friend. Like literally.. the boys were amazing... but having a girl as your friend sounds just as amazing. Imagining all the girls night out and pyjama parties and sleep overs and make overs. Lea only wished for a decent girl as a friend who wouldnt use her to get close to her male friends.

"Hi Lea!" She recognised the soft voice immediately and quickly opened her eyes. She saw Damian sitting infront of her.

My mind eased and she smiled back "hey Damian..."

"You seemed to be in a deep thought..." he said forrowing his brows

"Hmmm... yeah. " She said folding my arms on the desk.

"Yo Damian!" We both turned to a boy who was gazing at the two.

"What?" Damian said standing up

"Ms. Ledger called you... you need to go the office right now." He said leaning on the doorway

"Oh shit! I'm so screwed" he said shutting his eyes tightly and clenching his hands into fists

"Something wrong?" Lea asked him worrying. This wasn't Damian... he was usually the cheery one. He must have probably got into trouble again.

"Its nothing... I will explain it to you later.. see ya!" He said forcing a smile, walking away. He bumped into Zack at the doorway, who was coming in. They talked about something but Lea was just too far away so she couldnt hear a word. Zack's expression changed from worry to smile and he ended up giving Damian a thumbs-up laughing. Damian just groaned and stomped away in anger.

Zack surely had his techniques in pissing off people.

She sighed looking away towards the window.

"Ummm... Azalea?" Lea heard a squeaky, fabricated voice behind her. She groaned and sighed loudly so that they could hear.

She turned around to see the four figures infront of her and she forced a smile. Their behind the scenes rude expressions always reminded her of 'Plastics' from the Mean Girls movie.

"Yes?" Lea put up her best fake smile looking at them. Her left eye kept twitching from the efforts with which she was trying to smile.

"Oh... I was just wondering... you know if you could hang out with us?" One of them said twirling her hair between her fingers

No

"You know.... you could come over at our place anytime.."

No

"And... we can have lots of fun..."

No

"And have girls night out... go to clubs and parties... and even do homework together!" She said gleeing happily.

No . No . No way!

Lea was horrified that she wasn't just being used to be their freeway pass to get close to her friends... but they had also upgraded their excuses.. with Homework? Like seriously? Lea couldnt imagine what the four took her as? www.happyhomework/mathnerd.com?
Lea seriously couldn't believe they had started using education as an excuse.

"Oh..." I looked at them blankly "I'm afraid... I cant join you." She said laughing awkwardly.

"Why not Cookie?" She jumped suddenly and saw him smiling behind her. He mouthed 'hi' waving his hands at her.

"What were you doing here?" She asked him glaring

"Me? I'm in my class..." he said flexing his arms. Lea heard the girls giggle and she rolled her eyes to the highest point that it could just fall out... since she knew Zack's antics.

She grit her teeth, frowning.

"So... why arent you joining them?" He said looking at Lea. " they aren't that bad..." he flashed a wide smile and the girls looked as if they were about to faint.

Lea wanted to saybYou have no idea how they are. But then decided against it.

"You're Hannah right?" He asked one of the four girls. The girl named Hannah gasped loudly with her eyes widened. She started smiling flirtatiously at Zack, feeling fueled up from Zack's initiative.

Lea wasn't really surprised but she couldnt help but wonder if the boy a moron. Couldnt he really see behind all that trap?

"Yes.." she said tugging a loose strand of hair behind her ears. She giggled softly and even her friends looked at her smiling wide eyed.

Lea scoffed loudly to bring both of them back to reality. Zack faked a cough and stood next to Lea..

"You could join us Azalea... its going to be sooooo much FUN!" Hannah exclaimed still looking at Zack.

Suddenly an idea struck to her mind. No one, no one in the group let's a member to drift off to another group... and that rule was made by Zack, himself.

And... when it came down to me. Lea was pretty sure that he wont ever let her live with another group of friends.

Lea smirked at the thought and looked at those girls. She smiled, "oh... alright. So it means that, if I hang out with you guys.... then I would spend all my day with you right?"

They chimed in together," yes!"

"So, it also means I would be with you guys almost all the time... right?" She put up an innocent face

They looked a little confused but eventually smiled "yeah... pretty much all time. We will be bestfriends!"

"So...... that means, if I spend time with you girls.... then I wouldnt have to spend time with Zack" Lea said looking at him. His expression morphed into ab horrified one as if he had seen what actually would happen if this were to happen.

Leq smiled to herself. "Right Zack?" She smirked evily looking at him

"NO!" he yelled suddenly and the girls jumped in fear

"Youre not going anywhere Cookie!" He said looking at me terrified.

Annoyinh... lovable but the boy was also stupid.

"You heard him girls... I'm sorry" Lea said shrugging her shoulders. They walked away glaring amd gossiping, probably something bad about her, but Lea couldn't care less.

She laughed and sat down on her seat.

"Why do you keep threatening me that you wouldnt be friends with me any more?" He asked sitting beside her.

"Why do you keep forcing me to join my hands with those evil foxes?" Lea, retorted with rolling my eyes, laughing.

"I just want you to have girl-friends. I mean.... wasn't it weird for you when you got your periods for the first time and Luciel had to tell you what to do? You were like freaking out... and that poor guy actually had to go and ask your girl-stuff with others just to save your life since you didnt have any 'girl-friends'!"

Lea hung her head low in embarrassment remembering that particular moment. It was so embarrassing that she wanted it to be wiped out from my head and the whole universe who witnessed it.

"Just dont... remind me about that." Lea replied with her voice still low, sighing loudly

"Cookie... you make me worry so much..." he said petting her head softly.

"..... but, you're still a nervous-dumb" he chuckled slipping away just in time. And again, he slipped away from her fingers.

Lea was sure she'd get him some day.. and he wouldnt even see it coming.

She grit her teeth in annoyance.

The teacher walked in and the whole class settled down. It wasn't like this in any other class but since, it was Math class.... and it was Ms. Fitzgerald, it had to be like this. There was no 'other-wise'.

Zack went and sat in his place still smiling. Lea glared at him and in return he winked at her. She frowned, rolling her eyes and turned ahead to face the teacher.

******

"....And that is how you get the answer... understood?" Ms. Fitzgerald said scanning the students. Her eyes landed on Lea and she nodded taking down the notes.

The last bell rang and she quickly stuffed my books into my bag and walked out of my seat, as Ms Fitzgerald walked out of the class.

Lea couldnt wait to get home.

She turned around and saw Zack talking to some girls. She shook her head and looked for Damian. He hadn't come back yet and his seat was empty.... he must have been probably caught in some serious trouble.

Lea could only wonder what that baby-minded guy did to stay in the office for so long. Luciel was gonna be so mad if he comes to know about this.

She walked out quickly and put her hoodie over her head to draw less attention from any girls or any boys. Boys were also a problem in school... most of them had a huge crush on her (or... they simply liked messing with her) but the only thing standing between them, was a line of another boys who were called Matthew Toller, Luciel Hale, Adrian Parker, Zack Ray and Damian Hale. Yes... according to them, Lea could only date a guy they approved of (it was a joke but then they took it way too literally) It was a messed up condition... but it was okay... since she was not into any other guys apart from Jaren Walker. And as of for y'all ... who were thinking how they approved of Jaren Walker? Its simple... Matthew, Luciel and Adrian said he was a good guy and well,... Zack and Damian didn't, but majority won. Lea was so glad that the eldest took her side.... and were happy for her to meet up with Jaren.

And here another reason arises why all girls hated her. Even their exes found her way more interesting.

******

She walked out of the school gates quickly. Her home wasn't that far away... its just a 15 min walk. Usually one of the guys would drop her home. But today, everyone seemed a little busy and she didnt want to bother them.

She pulled out her earplugs and put them in her ears plugging into some nice music on her phone. It was so nice... the smell of the trees and the bright sunshine surrounded by clouds.

Lea could figure out, it would be probably raining soon.

The sun was getting covered by the clouds even more as every second passed. She fastened her pace to reach home early before the downpour. She finally reached her neighbourhood and walked on the sidewalk. She saw one of her neighbours walking his dog. He looked at alea and smiled to which she returned with waving.

She walked into her home's gate and reached the doorway. She opened it and walked in feeling the warmth wrap around her skin. She plopped her shoes in the shoe rack and put on her fuzzy-bunny slide ins. She walked into the living room and put her bag down on the couch.

"Honey? You home?" She heard her mom from upstairs

"Yeah mom.." she said clearing her throat

Lea heard footsteps on the stairs and saw her mom coming down.

"How was your day honey?" She asked her walking into the kitchen

"Same old... same old." Lea frowned following her

Natalie Stevens was Lea's mom. She was 42 years old and was more of a.... spirited young woman. She married her dad, Harrison Stevens who lived in New York. So... her mom worked at an office and her father worked as a manager in one of the most successful business companies in New York, and because of this... they didnt meet quite often. He would come back from New York twice a week to visit them. But it was okay.... she understood him...

Her mom was dressed up in her office clothes and she was looking for something in the fridge. "And.. why is that?" She asked Lea closing the door.

"I dont know.... " she replied sitting on the stool. She quickly walked across the kitchen and set two plates infront of her, placing sandwiches on each. lea looked at her face, she was really pretty. Her brown hair and gmblackbsparkly eyes were an awe for everybody who met her. She was as tall as Lea and had freckles on her cheeks. Her fair skin matched Lea's and her smile was really beautiful. Her parents were amdeeply in love with each other, even if they didnt meet quite often.

She furrowed my eyebrows looking at the Two plates.

"Why did you keep two plates? Are you eating with me?" Lea asked, tilting her head to the side

"No honey... I have work this evening... and I gotta go.. and.." She said smiling

Lea heard a door slam and she already had an idea who it could be.

"....there's your answer!" She said smiling sweetly pointing at the door

Lea hung my head low and took the sandwich in my hand, staring at it.

"Hi neighbour!" He said smiling raising his hand for a high-five

She ignored him and continued eating her sandwich. He withdrew his hand awkwardly and Lea's mom giggled at it.

"Zack! You have your own house! Cant you spend a day there?" Lea asked him, irritated.

He sat next to her and grabbed his sandwich, "nah... I like your house better!". He chomped half of the sandwich and started chewing it.

Lea's mom giggled and she stood infront of the twi. "You're welcome anytime Zack... and Azalea be nice to him!"

Lea rolled my eyes nodding my head. Zack nudged me with his elbows smirking.

Me? Nice to who? Zack Ray? You must be kidding me..

"So kids! How do I look??" She asked smiling

"You look beautiful as usuals Mrs. Stevens" Zack said smiling.

She flashed a wide smile "you always build up my confidence Zack! Such a good kid you are..."

Lea wanted to tell her mom Yeah.. you have noooooooooo idea what good kid he is but then she was6nt the one to start out a fire.

"Thanks Mrs. Stevens" he replied blushing hard.

"Hmm.... Oh no! Im late... I've to go now or else I will miss my flight!" She exclaimed running around

"Another business trip?" Lea pouted

"Im sorry honey.... I will make sure to come back soon..." she said cupping her cheeks "...and Zack look after my Azalea." She said looking at the smiling boy.

"I will... you wont have to worry about a thing." He said giving a thumbs-up. Lea gave him an evil glare and he quickly looked away.

Lea's mom smiled at the two, ruffling their hair, " such adorable kids" Lea scowled and Zack just laughed.

"Alright... bye now." She said walking out of the door. The two followed her to the doorway. She got into the car and started the engine. She gave the two one last wave and finally drove away.

Lea shut the door and dragged her feet upstairs to her room. Zack walked in and dropped himself on her comfy bed. She looked at him and he seemed to be dozing off already.

How childish

Lea quietly got up and tiptoed to the closet to get some comfortable clothes to wear. Nothing wakes him up while he was asleep. Even if anyone would end up drawing on his face with permanent markers, he would never wake up.

Lea changed and came back into her room while Zack was still sleeping soundly.

Nobody... nobody is allowed to sleep when I'm working on something.

This is one more thing that drove her crazy. If she is there like... working hard on some school-work and if she sees someone just, sleeping. She cannot tolerate that. That would be just pure TORTURE.

She walked to the bed and pushed him over. He fell to the ground with a thud, "owwww!". He squinted his eyes to see Lea and furrowed his eyebrows, glaring. She just shrugged in response and walked towards her study desk. She sat down on the chair and pulled out her books from my backpack.

Zack walked towards her and leaned over, "homework?"

"Yeah... arent you supposed to do it as well?" She asked looking up at him

"I dont feel like doing it.." he said running his hand through his hair.

Is there a day you feel like doing it?

He picked up a photo frame from her desk and looked into it. She pulled his hands down so that sbe could see it too. It was a picture of the two standing in the Central Park, when they were young. She smiled looking at it.

"You were so short back then...." he said smiling.

"Yeah.." she said smiling recollecting all the memories of her childhood.

"... well... there isn't any difference now so..." He said laughing out.

Lea scoffed and grabbed the frame and placed it back on her table.

"What time is it?" He asked her.

"Its... 6.30?" Lea said humming

"What? I've got to be at Claire's party at 7" he said holding his head

Claire... yeah right. One of those girls who threatened her that I would be bullied if I wouldnt stay away from the boys. Pfff... like you will make me stay away from my bestfriends.

"Claire?" She asked him in a disgusted tone. Ofcourse nobody knew about that threatening incident.. she didnt want any of the boys getting involved in that nonsense.

"Yeah... she didnt invite you?" He asked her but just then he realised that she dont talk to any girls. "Oh..." he said gloomily

"But its okay. If I'm invited, then you're invited! Just come along with me... I wont let any of them touch you or say mean things about you..." He said locking his arms gently around Lea's neck gently.

"I really dont wanna come..." she said flipping the pages

"Bleh... party pooper" he said laughing.

Lea smiled, nodding my head, "go... you will be late"

"Then... what about you cookie?" He asked her with concerned filled eyes, with his hands still around my shoulders.

"I will be fine.. I've got my books to accompany me... " eh3said smiling

He sighed and came in closer and he placed his head on her shoulder. She stopped writing and put her pen down.

"I love you so much Cookie... you're my bestfriend" he said smiling, closing his eyes and holding her tightly.

"And I love you too Zack... just avoid being a jerk at school." Lea said looking at him.

He quickly stood up straight and did a quick salute. She laughed at his cheesiness. Sometimes he could be really annoying to her.. but other times he was really the nicest. Lea loved him with all her heart, because not even once, had he broken her trust of being a close friend. If any random person would see them, they would think the two were dating with the way they acted with each other.

"Okay.. see ya Cookie!" He said smiling, picking up his jacket and waving at her.

"See ya.. just dont get drunk. " Lea said laughing

She heard his footsteps down the stairs, "i5 wont get drunk... I will try not to" he said

She sighed and saw him walk out on her driveway from the window. He turned around and waved at her. He soon disappeared and she plopped back in her chair.

Zack Ray.... spent half of his childhood with Lea and the boys. His parents and Lea's parents had known each other for a quite a bit of time before they were born. Since the two had become neighbours, the two always happened to go to the same school, not to mention, same classes!

But soon after, things changed for him. His mom died from cancer and his dad became chained to alcohol from all the depression of his dead wife. Mr. Ray.... soon started doing other things.. he would come back home late at nights and would often try to kill himself or Zack. Soon the cops found out about this, and Mr.Ray got institutionalized.

It was heart breaking to see Zack wither away because of the loss of his mom and his dad admitted in an asylum. Lea's parents had already grown fond of Zack, and they decided to look after him. He was like a bestfriend and a family. Because of all this arrangement, he would often come over at her place. He also stayed in the guest room of the house whenever he was afraid, or sick. He knew everything about Lea... just the way she knew about him. Her likes and dislikes. But unlike Lea.... he liked to do everything she disliked just to see him get angry... for fun! It was a crazy ride, of how she actually met him. But she still glad, that their bond was stronger than anything.

She looked outside the window. Hmmm... it will rain tonight. I hope Zack will be home before the rain hits in.... he hates it when it rains.

She shook my thoughts and continued writing on her book.

******

After 4 hours:

Lea felt uneasy and her neck was aching. She opened her eyes and saw that she had fallen asleep on her desk. She wiped her eyes and looked at her phone.

10.45 pm? I slept till 10.45? What the hell?

She got out of her seat and stretched her whole body. She heard the soft crackles as she bent sideways.

It was already raining outside and the whole sky was black. The streetlamps glimmered and the trees swayed in the wind.

This called for doing something nice for once and Lea had made her mind up.

I need a nice steamy shower with fruity bub-

BANG! BANG! BANG!

She goy startled when she heard the loud sounds. Her feet moved swiftly, eventhough they trembled like a mess. She grabbed her phone and unlocked it.

BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!

She flinched again and her hands started trembling. She tried to call her mom but she didnt pick up.

Zack... no, he must be at the party. He wont lift up his phone. Luciel!

She searched for his number and quickly called, but just then like that any pathetic lame ass move which strikes on that poor person in a horror movie, which gets him killed.... hit Lea. Her phone just died...

What? No no no nono nononono.... you cant do this to me!

She mentally screamed in her head. She grabbed a vase and walked out of room, downstairs.

Lea wondered what if it was her Mom? But it wouldnt be possible asshe wouldnt be back home that early.. and besides she had a spare key. Zack? He had a spare key too...

She walked in the hallway and stopped looking at the door

BANG! BANG!

She squeaked and the noises stopped

Shit shit shit...now they probably know I'm in here.

"M-Mom... is t-that y-you?" She trembled. "Z-zack... its n-not f-funny..." she stuttered clenching the vase neck even tighter. But there was no response.

Just like in those scary movies where there are sudden noises coming out from the other side of the door. The first thing and a common sense every person should know is, to never ever NEVER ever open that door. But just like any horror movie, they always happen to open it. And here she was, eventhough knowing the great fact, she walked towards the door slowly. Tempted to open the door and face the horror lying behind it.

She heard a soft click of the door and she stood dead in her tracks.

No no no no.. this cant be happening...

The door opened swiftly and it hit the wall with a BANG! A tall person stood infront of her, drenched completely in rain.

She dropped to the floor and kept crawling back in fear. The person kept walking towards her. There were no lights and she couldnt see his face. She cried in fear as she kept crawling back. The rain raged outside and her whole body just froze, unable to fight back. Her heart stopped beating when her back hit the wall.

The man kept walking closer and closer.. and closer until he fell face first into the ground.

"Help me..."

__________

__________

AUTHORS NOTE:

I really hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Which one of the character names do you like the most? (P.S: i seriously like Luciel)

Anyway..

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.FAN

Have a great day!

Love,
Jaye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
81K 2.1K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
182 19 23
Katriana Leri Moon is a seventeen year old werewolf.You're supposed to meet your mate (your soul mate) at the age of sixteen in the werewolf world...
1.4M 38.7K 24
It is said that only the special humans get werewolf mates. Human mates aren't usually frowned upon in most packs, but as for The Larken Moon pack it...