Falling For Him

By Penguuiinn

"Stop staring at me! Do some work asshole" She snapped, turning around sharply. I jumped a little at her outb... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 pt 1
Chapter 9 pt2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 16

4.1K 123 49
By Penguuiinn

JACK

"We're here" I announced as I carefully parked my car. Angel looked at me curiously after glancing around in confusion. I purposely parked a little bit further from the building because I wanted to surprise her as we slowly walked towards it.

"Wait, don't get out yet" I said before getting out of the car and jogging over to the passenger side to open her door. "After you, milady" I bowed as I opened her door, making her giggle. I smiled at her actions and shut the door behind her.

"So tell me Jacky, where are we going?" she questioned. I playfully glared at her for using that name again before pretending to zip my lips and throwing away the key. She gaped at me and paused in her steps, making me let out a chuckle. I gently grabbed her arm and pulled her along with me.

"Keep up little lady"

She narrowed her eyes as she stated "I thought you couldn't speak Jacky" she peered at me innocently but I knew she was anything but innocent. Rolling my eyes, I intertwined our fingers together and walked alongside her. Being in her presence made me feel all types of great things.

She reminded me of her.

Not today, Jack. I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and focused back on Angel who glanced at me curiously but never spoke a word. We got closer to the building and all of a sudden she gasped loudly.

"You brought me to laser quest?!" She squealed with excitement and bounced on her feet. Laughing at her reaction, I reached for her hand to pull her along but she was a step ahead of me. She took off towards the entrance, leaving me in the dust. Shaking my head in disbelief, I ran after her before she knocked into someone.

Damn, she's fast.

After catching up with her, we made our way to the counter and got our tickets for the game. It took me a lot of time to persuade her to let me pay but she gave up once she realised she left her wallet at home.

Jack 1, Angel 0

"Alright, guys! The rules are simple: you find the blue light, you shoot it until it turns off. You shoot the other players where their light is glowing on their vest to gain points. The player with the highest points wins. When the buzzer is heard, you start the game. Good luck!" Leo, our instructor, had helped us get into our vests and had explained the rules to us more than once.

I was in team Blue whereas Angel was in team Green. I sent a smirk in her direction and she pulled a face in return, making me let out a hearty chuckle. My team members looked at me in confusion as my shoulders heaved up and down to control my laughter. Angel giggled at me before the buzzer went off, announcing the start of our game. Our team formed a circle and shouted 'go blues!' just before we ran into the arena like our lives depended on it.

A few minutes into the game, I spotted a blue light flashing in the corner near the top of the opposite teams base and I made my way there slowly. Suddenly, a flash of green passed by me and I quickly threw myself onto the side, not noticing the barrel prop in the corner. I groaned inwardly as my hip harshly came in contact with the barrel. Looking back up, I noticed the blue light now flashing rapidly and I remembered what Leo had said:

"When the blue light flashes quickly, that means you'll get double the points so if you see it, go for it."

Forgetting everyone around me, I sprinted towards the blue light. I wanted Angel's team to lose so I could rub it in and annoy her as much as I could. As I got closer to the light, I noticed a shadow near the wall. I shrugged it off, thinking it was probably a prop.

All of a sudden, someone had jumped out of their hiding spot and shot me straight in the chest.

Angel, you little devil.

She smiled smugly before shooting the blue light and earning the points I was meant to earn. My gun had to wait for 10 seconds to recharge and within in those 10 seconds, the opposite team had taken our points. Angel took off in the opposite direction as soon as she shot the light and my gun still hadn't recharged.

"Come on you stupid shit" I grumbled and smacked the gun into my palm. As soon as my gun recharged, the lights suddenly turned on, signalling the end of the game.

20 minutes finished that quickly?

We made our way back to the equipment room and put away all of our things before walking out to see the leaderboard. My mouth fell open as I looked at the leaderboard.

Blues: 99 points
Greens: 100 points

"WE WON!" Angel cheered from beside me. I turned to her and glared.

"You only won because you shot that blue light! We were way ahead of you guys" I defended our team. She let out an unattractive snort as she waved her hand in a 'whatever' motion. I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour.

"Want to go grab something to eat?" I asked as we made our way outside and towards my car. She nodded her head eagerly and replied "I'm craving a burger right now"

My face lit up as she mentioned burger.

"I know a great burger place, I'll take you there. Believe me when I say the burgers are amazing because honestly, you'll never eat burgers like that anywhere else" I rambled, unable to contain my excitement which made her laugh at me.

Burgers are my weakness, I can't help it.

BETH

Laser quest was honestly so much fun. Dylan and I always said that we'd go play soon but that plan was shoved deep into our brains until Jack had unknowingly dug it up. Now we were sat in a cute little burger diner called 'Burger Station'. It was a small yet cute place with many vinyl covers plastered against the baby blue walls, different coloured radios on each table with a Cola bottle that held a single flower. Different coloured checkered tablecloths adorned each table, making them stand out against the black and white tiled floor.

Jack had led me to one of the tables near a window that held a blue radio and a white flower in a Cola bottle. We picked up a menu each to scan over and decide what to order. I went for a chicken burger, fries and a Cola whereas Jack went for a beef burger, fries and a Sprite.

"You like beef burgers?" I grimaced.

"What's wrong with beef burgers? Do you not like them?" He looked at me, wide-eyed. I shook my head at his question which made him let out a huge gasp.

"How could you not like beef burgers?" He cried and tugged on his hair, making me roll my eyes at his childish actions. "When our food arrives, I'm making you try some of my burger" he spoke with determination.

As Jack excused himself to go to the bathroom, I unlocked my phone to see a few messages from Jazzy.

JazzyBear: Girlll you're out with Jack Reynolds?! Get some 😏

I laughed at her message as I typed a reply.

Me: Ew you're gross

Her reply was almost instant.

JazzyBear: if you don't take him, I WILL 🤤

Me: um hello? what about Dylan? 🤔

JazzyBear: it's complicated.

Complicated my ass.

As I was about to put my phone away, I received another message.

Sam: wanna hang out today?

I chewed my lip at his question and typed out a reply.

Me: can't. I'm out with Jack rn. Rain check? 🙈

"Sorry about that, some dude was holding us all up" I jumped as Jack spoke out of nowhere. I put my phone away without looking at Sam's reply. Realising what he had just said, I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"Ew, I didn't need to know about that" Our food arrived shortly as we were in the middle of a heated discussion.

More like an argument.

"First you tell me you don't like beef burgers but now you're telling me you don't like strawberries?" he gaped at me.

"Sorry but strawberries are gross" I shuddered as I remembered the time Dylan covered a strawberry in chocolate and forced me to eat it. I almost gave up on chocolate after that.

Almost.

"God, why am I friends with such people?" Jack just stared at me and shook his head in disbelief.

"I ask myself the same question every day"

————————————————————————

I'm meant to be revising right now but hey, this update had to be done someday am I right?

I've changed the book cover so let me know if you guys like it 🙃

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Remember to vote and comment x

Love you potatoes ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8M 610K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
325K 9.3K 12
"You wanna say that again?" he hisses, his face inches from mine, his hands on either side of my head. I can't help but notice how blue his eyes are...
59.4K 1.8K 20
"Let's make a bet," I said. "What is it?" he asked. "That was very fun. And I feel like we'll do it again," I started. "We date each other and we can...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...