The Shadows ✔️ [TSS#3][BXB]

By emmastories

COMPLETED Sequel to 'The Wet Divide' Book 3 of The Sector Series More

The Shadows
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
Book 4

XXI

4.6K 200 258
By emmastories

Warning: lots of gore and mature themes ahead. Read with caution.

Keylin's PoV

"You need to concentrate." Alex hisses at me from behind and I open my eyes purposely to turn around and glare at him.

"I'm trying my best."

"Well you're shit." He sums up as he makes his way in front of me, I follow him with a frown before he stops at an arms distance away from me.

"The only way to draw your power from the panther is by concentrating and clearing your mind." He states seriously as he turns to his snake climbing and wrapping around one of he nearby columns. I follow his gaze before looking at him when he sighs, turning to me pointedly.

"Take a breath." He instructs with a fake calm tone, knowing that he was easily frustrated and was only trying to mask it from everyone.

I copy him in his actions. Thinking this was more of a flaming exercise for him than actually aiding me in calming down.

"Feel the power from the connection flowing within you." He sighs out, letting his eyes close for a moment and I do so as well. Tightening my fists at my side on instinct.

"Open your eyes." He commands and I open them, seeing his eyes glowing yellow. His pupil shaped into one resembling a snakes. He watches me for a moment before blinking and his eyes turn back to normal blue.

"Your strength and power is there. I can see it building behind your eyes but something isn't breaking through. Again." He states in disappointment and I sigh bringing a hand up to run through my hair in agitation. Remembering words similar that my father had said yesterday about not letting it build up. Maybe this was the same. I let it build up before losing control.

Alex startles me by bringing a hand out and shoving my shoulder making me blink out of my daze.

"Focus Keylin." He seethes, eyes narrowing into slits and I frown before nodding. Letting my eyes fall shut, I take in a slow breath fisting my hands at my sides.

I subconsciously connect with Baja who is lying down licking her front paw across the room. Her thoughts and feelings suddenly swarming my mind. It's only when her memories begin to hit me full on that I scrunch my face up in pain and turn my head to the side before realising that this was what I have been doing wrong. When it becomes too painful and I start to get a headache, I shy away and break the connection.

"You're doing good so far you just need to take the next step." Alex whispers quietly so as not to break my concentration but at the same time give me encouragement.

I let out a breath and turn my head back so that it was facing forward and let the memories in. Embracing Baja's power. Embracing the panther.

With a gasp I open my eyes, stumbling back slightly at the sudden rush of heartbeats, emotions and surroundings. I could see the hot spots on everyone's body, I could hear everything from the multiple heartbeats to swallows breathing. This was incredible.

"He did it."

I flinch at how loud Anya's excited voice was in my ear from where she sits a top of one of the training bars. Although she was far away, her voice was booming in my ear when in reality, she only gasped the words out.

I bring my hands up to clutch my ears as I can hear my heart rate begin to increase and I shut my eyes as the sounds become too much.

When I open them, everything flips back to normal as if it had never happened in the first place. My vision returns, along with the frown on Alex's face.

"That was.." I trail off in astonishment.

"You had it Key." Malakei states with a proud smile from where he leans against the bar below Anya before walking over and crouching down to rub Baja's fur. Baja mewls at this before nudging his foot, resting her head atop of it.

"Well done." Raen states and I turn around to him to see a small smile on his lips. I smile at that, a blush creeping up my neck and I was about to say thanks when Alex speaks.

"He also lost it."

I frown as I turn to Alex to see he had his gaze fixed on his snake and it looked as though they were communicating.

"He needs a lot of work." He concludes.

"It's a good start." Malakei defends making Alex turn to him with narrowed eyes.

"You're absolutely right." Alex agrees with false excitement that makes not but me but Malakei cringe.

"I mean, Max Sarcovnia could be ran sacking the city right now but it doesn't matter because Keylin tried his best and Max might go easy on him...it's not a fucking start. This shit takes years of experience and these guys need to know how to practically master the roll of drawing power before Max comes which could be any day now." Alex's tone takes on a dark one as he tells Malakei off before turning to me with a pointed look.

"You need to practice outside of training otherwise we can go nowhere. Understand?"

He was right. As much as it was a start, it wasn't enough right now. I needed to be at a level at which I can at least sustain and hold onto the power for longer. I just have to focus on what I'm doing without getting easily distracted somehow.

"I understand." I nod seriously and Alex for the first time seems happy with that.

"As for you...." Alex curls his lip up as he glances at Raen behind me. "Remind me of your problem again?"

Raen grunts at this, sending me an arch of the eyebrows before stepping out from behind me and walking closer to Alex. I can't help but roll my eyes at Raen's attitude towards Alex. I could immediately tell he didn't find the guy likeable. I didn't blame him, I couldn't stand him but in order for us to succeed. We need to do this. I believe Vixen, if she said that he is a good teacher then he must be and I'm willing to learn as much as I can from him.

"You're supposed to help me bring out my animal." Raen says before Alex's eyes grow wide in realisation.

"Oh yeah. You don't have an animal but you can still feel the power of the tiger inside? How does that feel?" Alex questions curiously making Raen furrow his brows as he brings his hands over his chest to fold awkwardly.

"I don't know...weird? I didn't find out that I was a Trainer until recently but it seems to make sense now. I've always had this built up emotion that was far too strong."

I listen intently as I watch Raen frown at his own words. Alex hums curiously.

"It could be the tiger. Maybe it's trying to tell you something. How did it feel? This emotion?"

"Angry." Raen says softly with furrowed brows making me freeze.

"Like a rage that can't settle until it's unleashed." He confirms and Alex raises a brow at this, him too frowning in what seems like worry.

"Have you unleashed it?"

"Yes." I say for him making Raen turn to me. I take in a breath as I glance at Raen but my eyes settle on Alex's.

"Just not fully. That's why we are here. We are hopping that with help and guidance, Raen can learn how to control it and use it against Max."

There was silence for several moments from Alex as everyone in the training room chose to say nothing. It was Alex that eventually spoke. His eyes not looking convinced.

"You know...once this power is unleashed, we don't know how it will react when it reaches the surface. I hope you know that."

There's so much at risk with doing this. This could be the tipping point for Max, once we unleash this power inside of Raen it could be exactly what Max wants. We could be leading him right to Raen and then it would all be over. Everything would be for nothing.

There is also the other side of things. Raen is no doubt strong and I knew that once he put his mind to something he would carry it through, whatever that may be. In the end I sigh nervously and turn to Raen with an encouraging smile. Knowing that all of this stress was on his shoulders. I only hoped I could help him in whatever way I can.

"This is your decision." I remind him to which he stays silent as he looks at me. After a moment of thinking to himself he seems to get out of his daze and nod to me before turning to Alex with determination.

"If it puts an end to this war...do it."

As it turns out, helping Raen wasn't going to be as easy as we originally thought in the beginning. Just trying to get him to connect internally with himself was a struggle and Raen had little patience when it came to controlling himself and being calm through the sessions. That was yesterday. Today, Alex was thinking of trying something new with him.

"So being calm doesn't come naturally to you...we are going to ty something different. Instead of fighting off your anger, I want you to channel it. Use it as your grounding so that you can connect with your tiger."

Raen frowns at Alex in front of him who paid no mind to the snake half ways around his body. I shuddered at the sight from where Anya and I were beside the "playground" but consisted of high bars for climbing and swinging from during training, along with pillars, punching bags and a variety of weapons.

Anya, as it turns out was more calm and helpful than Alex by reassuring me and just generally not getting frustrated with me but I understood that Alex's method of teaching would have the best results. He was known for being a great teacher when it came to training animals, he pushes you to your maximum potential so that you can constantly better yourself. That was the sign of a great teacher but I couldn't adjust quick enough. I needed peace and assurance when it came to training. Maybe that makes me soft but I wanted to make sure that I did this right. I may have one chance and I didn't want to learn through frustration and anger.

I frowned as I looked over at Raen and Alex. I knew that wasn't the best way for Raen. He had a lot of anger as it was. It's just giving into what his tiger wants and I didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

"But I'm not angry." He furrows his brows at Alex as he stoops down to pick up a water bottle, in the meantime; I watch a dark smile cross his face before he whispers something so low to his snake, Merila that I didn't even catch it. The snake begins to descend his body and make her way to the ground.

"What makes you angry then?" Alex questions and I watch Raen who was drinking from his water bottle suddenly look down as Merila slithers over his boot, hissing up at him as she wraps around his leg.

My heart begins to beat in worry but when Raen raises a brow at Alex, I know that Raen wasn't scared of snakes and Alex was trying to see what ticked him off.

"Not scared of snakes then." Alex huffs causing Raen to smile proudly as he shook his head.

"Nothing much scares me."

"That's interesting. It's alright, I knew you weren't afraid. I could hear your heartbeat." Alex hums as Merila begins to make her way from around Raen's lower body and back to the floor where her head tilts up as her eyes scan the room. Sticking her tongue out in the process.

"I know who's afraid of snakes in this room."

My heart drops as I look up to Alex. Blinking in shock as I see him glance at me through his snake like eyes before a smirk crosses his lips and he turns to Raen.

All the while, my heart was beating as I tried not to look at the snake that was slowly coming towards me, slithering her way on the ground.

"Very funny Alex." I chuckle nervously as I glance at the corner of my eye down at the snake only a meter or so away from me as I quickly step back towards the playground. Narrowing my eyes at a chuckling Alex.

"Tell her to stop." I grit out as I back up against the climbing bars, my eyes on the snake as I begin to sweat. Alex laughs harder at this.

"You're really scared of snakes aren't you?" Alex questions with a dark smile and glint to his eyes.

"Knock it off Alex." Raen demands softly with hard eyes when I let out a gasp as I watch Merila move her neck back and forward as she looks at me, almost tauntingly. She looked like she was going to go in for the kill once she's had her fun but I was getting out of here.

"She's harmless. She can't even kill you with her venom. I don't know why she frightens you Keylin."

"Alex!" I yelp as she hisses at me, showing her razor sharp canines. I bring my body closer to myself, inching back further into the wall as Merila slithers closer. He just laughed at me and it made me grit my teeth and narrow my eyes. If this is how he wanted to play then fine.

"Baja!" I call to her where I knew she was not too far from me besides a worried Malakei and Anya, waiting for the command from me before she pounces forward and claws out at the snake from behind.

I notice Alex cradle his knee as Merila hisses threateningly at Baja, immediately turning her attention on the growling panther.

Malakei assures me in hand gesture towards him and Anya but just as I am stepping over to them. Alex speaks.

"You may not be afraid of snakes Raen.." Alex states knowingly. "But you are afraid of what they can do to people. Most importantly, the people close to you."

Raen's eyes snap up to his in angered confusion before Baja's painful wails fill the room making everyone turn their head.

I inhale sharply and clutch my arm when a sizzling begins, turning my wide eyes on Baja and Merila. My heart almost stops when I see Merila take her teeth from around Baja's paw causing the panther to wail and move back in fright, licking her paw slowly.

I let out a shaky breath as I clutch my arm, looking up at Alex with slight fear and confusion as I blink away the black dots in my vision. I can just make out Raen's tense posture and look filled with concern as he stares out at me.

"W-What...did you..?" I try to get out as cold sweats begin to form on my forehead and I collapse back against the training bars with exhaustion. Baja whimpers in front as she lies down on her side, something she does when she is exhausted or sick. My gut turns with worry.

"-Do to us?" I finish as I try to narrow my eyes at Alex. Not knowing which was the right Alex as three filled my vision. All three raised a brow at me.

"I didn't do anything. Merila was the one that bit your panther. You're feeling the affects of the toxin. Your panther won't die from it and neither will you but you will feel very...weak." Alex says the last part quietly as I look down at my pulsing hand, seeing three snakes slither beneath me but I was too preoccupied with what was going on around me to notice a tightening around my legs, causing me to topple forward with a grunt.

"She thinks Keylin is food Alex. Tell her to stop right fucking now." Anya seethes from somewhere above me as I see Merilas scales slither and tighten around my body. I didn't realise how big she was.

I groan at the tight hold she had on me and went to move, finding my arms heavy to move along with my body so I let my head rest on its side on the ground as my face scrunched in pain from the tight hold around my middle.

Alex sighs which makes Anya scream at him.

"You fucking crazy bastard." Malakei states darkly as I hear a clink from behind me and Malakei is suddenly standing in front of me with his sword pointed at the snake. He turns to Alex with a clenched jaw.

"Let him go." He grits out to Alex.

"I wouldn't do that..." Alex sighs just as Merila is moving her head up to hiss at Malakei, making Malakei jump and raise the sword higher at the snake.

I let out a breath as the pressure around my middle eases making me take in a gulp of air. I begin to regain some of my strength and consciousness when the oxygen begins to circulate around but find my heart rate accelerating when I realise that the snake is wrapped around me.

I let out a startled breath as I bring a hand around to pull at the snake, moving onto my stomach before getting to my knees. In my rapid haste to get the snake from around me, I meet Raen's eyes. He notices the fear and pain in my eyes that makes him growl out, his veins popping dark around his neck as he turns to Alex.

"Stop this now." He manages to get out and Alex eyes him.

"I'll tell her to stop when you unleash your power."

"You're crazy!" Anya screams at him in fear as she turns her gaze to me. I had just managed to rip Merila off of me when I feel her hiss and slap me with her tail.

Alex ignores Anya and continues to look at Raen.

"Just let go Raen." He encourages. "I know you're holding back from it but do you really want to witness this when Max comes?" He motions to Anya who was crying silently as she watches Malakei try to fight off Merila from trying to eat me.

Merila wraps herself around the sword Malakei was holding but he quickly drops it with a gasp and Merila dives down to wrap herself around my shoulder. I scream in frustration as I dig my fingers into her scales to try and prise her off of me.

"You can't do anything to help them. You're powerless Raen." Alex informs him making Raen roar at him loudly. So loud that the weapons shake but Alex doesn't react.

"Look at him Raen." Alex motions to my exhausted and breathless form and I look at Raen, catching his conflicted expression before I suddenly feel Merila begin to wrap quickly around my neck.

"No!" Malakei exclaims as he gets to his knees and begins to pull the snake from around my neck but she had too tight of a hold on me.

"Merila is killing him and there is nothing that you can do to save him." Alex taunts Raen who was turning red with rage and tears.

I begin to thrash as I too try to prise the snake from strangling me, at least to get air into my lungs. I knew I was turning red. My vision was starting to slip and grip beginning to loosen.

"Enough!" Raen suddenly exclaims lowly, his voice mixing with a ferocious growl as he reaches for Alex with one hand. Grabbing him by the throat and holding him in the air. Staring up at him with glowing-

My grip grows slack and I fall forward as the world turns black around me.

It feels like a second later that I feel my cheek being licked and a few voices calling my name from a distance. I scrunch my brows up in slight pain as I brought my hand up to my throat, letting out a strangled whimper.

"He's alright."

I jump at Alex's voice before my eyes open on alert. Not registering Malakei, Anya and Raen crouching over me. I look down at my body in fright to see a snake but let out a relieved sigh when I don't see one.

"Looking for Merila?" Alex questions as he moves out from behind me. My eyes trail up to him, widening when they see the large snake around him, wearing the snake as if it were an accessory. I shiver and turn my eyes away from him. Fisting my shaking hands in rage.

"She actually likes you. You're the first person that put up a good fight against her, with the help of Malakei of course." He points out as Raen brings a hand up to touch my neck.

I flinch away when it throbs and I just know that there is a huge bruise that the snake had caused. This only fuels my fire as I glare up at Alex.

"She fucking strangled me and you let it happen." I growl out at him and he blinks down at me, not understanding why I would be angry with him.

"Well it's not like I wanted her to kill you but if it meant that Raen's power would be unleashed then she can do whatever. My idea of using anger through training worked and Raen's power came to the surface. You should learn from him. Maybe he can teach you how to-"

I screamed at him as my eyes flickered purple and senses heightened around me but all I could focus on was Alex, the prey. I lunged at him. Grabbing Merila and throwing her across the room where she crashes and gets tangled up in the weaponry station unable to get free. She hisses loudly at this and I've never seen Alex with a look that was so out of place, so unsure of himself in that moment.

"Calm down." He breaths out in a neutral voice as Malakei places a hand on my shoulder. My eyes staring daggers.

"It was an important training exercise that needed to be performed so stop being sour about it so we can continue on with-"

"You fucking tried to kill me and say it was an important training exercise that needed to be done?! You're out of your fucking mind. When I get my hands on you..."

I threaten with an underlying growl bubbling up my throat as I grit my teeth at him, moving forward to grab him but Anya and Malakei hold me back in doing so. I noticed however that they were struggling immensely.

"Keylin." Alex grits out as he frowns at me. "I'm sorry. Now calm down. We need to continue with as much training as possible before Max comes. You're holding us up. Listen to my voice-"

With a jerk to my left, I notice Raen moving to my side where he is looking at me with a worried frown. I growl at him angrily but yelp when I suddenly feel something pulling sharply at my chest before it's gone. Only lasting a few seconds but the sheer jerking of something being pulled from me leaves me empty.

I blink repeatedly when my normal vision comes back to me sharply and my feet give out from under me. Malakei catches me mid fall but lowers me to the ground, turning me on my side as he looks down at me worriedly. His eyes shooting to Raen in anger.

"What did you do to him?" He demands with frustration to his voice. Concern for me evident in his eyes as he helps me sit up. I frown in confusion as I unconsciously bring my hand up to touch my chest.

What happened?

"I-" Raen begins and I look up at him, seeing that he too was confused himself as he looks down at his hand with worry.

Alex suddenly bursts past him with anger. Quickly crouching down beside me and resting a hand on my forehead before checking me for signs of injuries. When he finds none, he turns around sharply to Raen. Eyes glowing in anger.

"How do you know how to do that?" Alex seethes in anger before getting up, looking at Raen with hostility while Raen's eyes widen in confusion.

"Do wha-"

"You just disconnected Keylin from his power by literally ripping it apart!" Alex exclaims furiously. It was strange to hear him defending me and actually showing worry but his words have me at a stand still as I look up at the both of them wide eyed.

"Do you realise how dangerous that is? If something went wrong, you could've killed him!"

Malakei grips my shoulder, bringing me out of my stare on Raen. Looking down at me worriedly as I take in a shaky breath. Feeling Raen's sorrow filled and regretful gaze on me.

"I'm sorry." Raen whispers quietly in my direction before his gaze shifts to an unamused Alex.

"I didn't know I could do that. It won't happen again."

Alex stays silent for a moment before letting out a sigh as he brings a hand up to run through his hair. He looked worried.

"Training is done for today. Get some rest, all of you."

Two days go by of training since the incident that happened with Merila and Raen literally ripping my power from me. I found out that Alex was more furious at the fact that Raen had used his power to disconnect mine whilst I was in the middle of using it. That was the dangerous part. The fact that he literally reached into my core which explains the feeling of something being pulled from me and tugged my bond from my soul was frightening, Alex had insisted after checking me that I was fine but scolded Raen for being so reckless.

Raen had apologised to me multiple times since then, even going as far as to give me multiple (and amazing) blowjobs but I wasn't mad at him over it. As guilty as he was, I was shaken up by it but I just let it go and focused more on training of how I need to stop losing control of my emotions like that.

Alex had said it was easy for me to flip like that because of my traumatic experience growing up. It made sense in ways. I was never one to react indifferently when I was younger. I was being bullied, punched and ridiculed for my looks along with coming to deal with lies I thought were true about my family. All of it that I didn't let in on me as much when I was younger, was affecting me now and it showed in my training. Alex said that the only way to overcome it is with time, training and focusing my energy around the positive aspects in my life.

We had switched up our training over the few days afterwards. Trying to cover as much as we could because we didn't know exactly how much time we had left before Max came. The good thing? Raen was taking well to the training and was controlling his animal. None of us knew how much power Raen possessed and I was starting to think that if Raen wasn't on our side in this war, we would find it extremely difficult to get through to him.

Alex was making us do a challenge today. He wanted to see how good our senses and instincts were before he could help us improve on them by showing us tactics. For this, Bow, Malakei and Tara got to come in.

I was confused however when Anya, Raen and I were handed black blindfolds by Alex and Malakei, Bow and Tara were given different clothes to put on instead of their own.

"What are we doing exactly?" Anya questions as she frowns down at the blindfold. Alex turns to her with a smirk.

"I told you, we are testing your senses and instincts. With our heightened animal senses, we can do, hear and even see things that most ordinary beings cannot. You all seem to be really close friends so I'm putting it to the test. You three are going to be blindfolded and you have to find a certain person that I assign to you. Lets see how you can find your friends with one sense taken away. You can only rely on your hearing, touch and smell."

Raen and Anya were already tying their blindfolds behind their head and I lifted mine up to cover my eyes. Immediately taking away my vision.

"To do this challenge, you need to use your heightened senses. That is the meaning of the challenge. When people close to you are in danger and you can't see, it can be daunting. We are facing that fear today." Alex states from my left and with a breath, I close my eyes. Allowing the darkness to take over and relax my body and mind before reopening them to darkness once again.

The only difference, I could hear heartbeats, breathing and even certain smells were floating in my mind.

"Are you ready?"

I flinch at Alex's loud voice in my ear, knowing that he was a few feet away didn't make it any less loud.

"You may not know it but your animal has already memorised certain scents, so be careful that you don't lose control when you get a whiff of one that may stick out." Alex warns lightly and I find myself nodding along with his words.

"Ok go." Alex states with a hint of excitement to his voice.

"Do we just walk forward?" Anya questions from beside me where I can hear her take a hesitant step forward.

Alex doesn't answer her and there is a moment of complete silence apart from heartbeats, breathing and footsteps walking around.

The training room was quite large so this could take a lot of time to find three people, there is still the areas beyond the playground that we were yet to explore.

I was inching my way around a wall when I could hear a heartbeat coming rather fast up to me around the corner. I inhaled through my nose to be suddenly met wit the smell of lavender. The scent was very empowering that I wrinkled my nose and sneezed causing a shrill squeak to be heard in my ear.

I chuckled and reached out to the above average heartbeat with a smile.

"Tara? Is that you?" I question to which the heartbeat replies with a slight jump before she sighs with a smile and moves forward, her head moving to rest on my outstretched hand with a giggle and I smile a toothy grin as I poke her face.

"Ok you found me, quit it squirt." She chuckles before poking my side and moving away from me as she moves on to the other side of the arena for Anya or Raen to find her.

This doesn't seem so hard.

As I turn a sharp corner, I begin to walk down what I can only guess is a hallway before I stop at a rather overwhelming scent. A scent that was far too much like the Dry Lands and home that I had to investigate.

With a smile to myself, the more I walked closer to the beautiful scent, the more I knew who it could be.

When I heard a faint heartbeat in my ears, I smiled and turned my head to the side, reaching out and trying to look for a wall that could give me leverage. When my hands touched cold cement I sighed and slowly began to inch my way closer to the scent. The more it invaded my nostrils, the more I was determined-hungry to find it. I needed to find that scent. I needed to find Raen.

When a heartbeat came increasingly loud in my ear I knew I was in reaching distance but as much as the scent was invading everywhere, something was trying but failing to mask it. When I brought my hand out, I jumped slightly when I touched a hard clothed chest and I let out a chuckle when the heartbeat increased.

"Found you." I smiled a dimpled smile and just those two words, had the heartbeat going crazy above average.

I moved forward, not having anymore patience as all I wanted to do was invade his space. Take in his scent and kiss him everywhere. The scent...was so good.

I couldn't help the small growl that left my lips as I sniffed his shirt, fisting it in my hands angrily.

This didn't smell the same. This was a different smell and It was trying to mask the beautiful smell very badly. I was almost offended with the shirt being on Raen because it was trying to contain his scent. I pulled at it and his heartbeat jumped slightly, making him stumble closer but he didn't make a sound.

His erratic heartbeat was driving me crazy as I dug my face into his neck, inhaling his scent through my nose before letting my lips drag across his neck as a quiet gasp left his lips.

My thoughts were so consumed with the scent that I could barely register what I was doing when my fingers moved down to grab the bottom of his shirt, lifting it up to his chest as I brought my face closer to his toned abs.

Raen's heartbeat is crazy in my ear. I could tell how much I affected him with my touch, smile and even my words that it made me smile as I wrapped my arms around his middle. Huffing when the awkward shirt fell on my head and shake it off only for it to fall over my head once again but I didn't care, I was in Raen's scent of pure heaven.

My heart fluttered when I felt his warm touch on my shoulder and just his touch scent a crazy feeling of electricity through me that I don't think I've ever felt before. Was it the heightened senses?

Either way, I couldn't help the whimper that left me and I found myself moving up his chest, the shirt slipping over my head and down my back, I was surprised it stretched enough for two people to be under it but it did. Raen's hands that were hesitant in the dark, slipped to around the small of my back and I felt dizzy. Letting my head rest in the centre of his neck as I brought a hand up his torso. He gasped at this and his heartbeat became frantic.

"I never realised how amazing you smell but you're driving me crazy Raen and I can't control myself when it comes to you." I let out with my breath as I bury my face in his neck.

The heartbeat flutters at this but it constricts, almost like the beating begins to slow down painfully. I hear Raen swallow from above me and I move back so that I'm facing him, although I can't see him, I tilt my head curiously at him. More conscious of his hands still tight of their hold around me and the electric feeling his hands give me, I move closer to him slowly about to kiss him only for him to move his head to the side and I kiss his cheek.

I frown at this and pull back. Noticing how his heart is painfully beating but there's something wrong. It's like it is sad.

"Raen?" I question as I bring a hand up from under the shirt to cradle his cheek. Noticing how smooth it feels. I hear him gulp.

"I-It's not Raen."

My friend quietly points out and I don't have time to dwell on the underlying sadness as I break my concentration and bring a hand up to rip my blindfold off only to long and behold reveal Malakei looking down on me with an emotionless expression as he watches the confusion and fear slip onto mine.

"Mal?" I question. The words hard to get out as I try to stumble away from him but I'm trapped under his shirt. I trip over his feet and fall forward into him and he catches me. One arm catching my arm as his other cages me close to his chest.

I look up at him with wide eyes to see he had the slightest of rosiness to his cheeks as he tried to avoid my gaze. His cheeks were nothing compared to my flaming burning hot molten lava filled-

"A-Are you al-" He stutters our in question but he doesn't have time to finish when we hear an ear splitting growl coming from behind me.

I try to twist around but in doing so get tangled further into Malakei's shirt. Realising now that this was a completely stupid idea and this shirt was going to be the death of me.

Malakei quickly pushed me out from under his shirt and I stumbled slightly before regaining myself and looking up.

I couldn't help the gasp that left my lips as Raen stood not five feet away from us, eyes glowing hazel with a look far more wild than what I've seen before. I gulp in fear as I go to explain but realise that I didn't know what happened exactly myself. I must have lost control with Malakei's scent, thinking that he was Raen...I'm not sure if that thinking the scent was Raen's was what made me lose my cool. What I couldn't get my head around was...it wasn't Raen's scent at all.

It was Malakei's.

'It was Malakei's' I think in fear as my heart rate increases to the sight of Raen's rage reaching the surface the longer he waits in silence.

"I-I can explain." I stutter out shakily as Raen begins to walk closer with a clenched jaw. I didnt know what to say. I couldn't explain, simply because I didn't know how to let alone where to start. I didn't know how to explain any of this to myself to begin with.

"I-I thought he was-"

I saw Raen's hand come out painfully slowly. Noticing that his eyes were more prominent hazel, completely taking over the green. He looked wild and manic. I knew that I fucked up this time as his fingers dig into my arm rather painfully but instead of pulling me forward, he pushes me forcefully, shoving me to the side making me hurtle towards the ground with such speed.

I groaned when I banged my head off the cold hard ground, my vision turning spotty for a moment as I lift it off the ground. I unconsciously bring a hand up to cradle my head in pain but let out a shaky breath when I feel something wet begin to coat my hand. I take my hand away and what I see doesn't scare me. What scared me was when I looked up at Raen to see his eyes on Malakei who was backing up against the wall trying to mask his fear.

"No." I groan out as I stagger to my feet. Beginning my stumble over to them.

Raen I could tell had lost it but this wasn't Malakei's fault. He didn't do anything. In fact, he was the exact one that turned his head when I was the one that tried to kiss him. I hurt Raen. It was my fault he was like this now and I'm not letting Malakei suffer Raen's wrath because of me.

I manage to get to Malakei before Raen could. Stumbling and breathing heavily as I stand between them, looking up at Raen or...whatever this was. He looked like a tiger with the blue veins around his temple, neck and cheeks protruding prominently.

Before I can say anything Raen roars at me in rage, eyes red and puffy along with his face as more veins begin to form on his face and up his neck. His eyes glowing bright now in the dark and I whimper, moving my head to the side as I pant. My ears long ago flattened but were beginning to pound painfully.

"Get out of my way before I rip you to pieces elf." Raen growls out but the words don't sound right. His voice and tone don't sound like him and this makes my stomach sink with fear as I force myself to look at him.

"Just listen please, I thought he was you! He didn't do anything ok? It was all my fault. Don't hurt him please Raen. He didn't-"

Raen grabs me by the ear and I scream as he pulls me to the side before bringing his hand around my neck and pushing me up against the wall where my feet dangle below me. I immediately see dark spots and whimper, closing my eyes as a harsh ringing takes over my ears.

"Hey!" Malakei screams from behind Raen and I open my eyes to see him coming forward, Raen growling and turning his head back. In the same time, squeezing my neck.

My eyes fly open as I splutter for air, my hands flying up to Raen's hands around my neck. Malakei pales at this and runs forward but in turn makes Raen's hand tighten around my neck. Malakei stops coming forward and the hand loosens allowing me to take in a gulp of air and collapse in exhaustion against the wall when Raen lowers me to the ground. As I take in a breath, I hiccup as a single tear leaves my eyes. I look up to see Raen and Malakei staring at each other. Malakei throwing his eyes to me in worry before turning back with a hard and emotionless gaze to Raen.

"Stop hurting him." Malakei demands tiredly. Eyes turning to glass.

"You hurt him badly this time Raen. Just look at him, he needs medical attention."

How ironic that the only doctor here was Raen.

"Dammit I don't understand why he loves you."

My eyes fly up in surprise at this, not taking into account that my best friend probably hated Raen. After everything Raen has put me through, Malakei was there to witness the backlash. Witness everything I've gone through. All he wants is for me to be happy and not be at the mercy of a lover ringing my neck out of rage.

Raen chuckles darkly at this as I feel his hands twitch around my neck and I gasp at this, clutching his hands in fear of him choking me again.

"I heard his heartbeat, smell his arousal and what he said to you." Raen growls out making my eyes fly to him I shock. I was aroused? How could I not sense him near? Was I seriously that out of control that my senses failed to notice Raen standing close by and watching and hearing everything?

Oh Gods. What have I done?

"I'm sorry." I hiccup making Raen turn to me with a roar and I whimper, shutting my eyes and turning to the side as he came closer to my face.

"I don't want to hear your pathetic apologies and neither does Raen. So shut up before I sink my teeth into your neck little lamb."

His words make my stomach drop and eyes fly open to look into the foreign hazel eyes. It's as if Raen was completely gone and this...whoever this was. His inner tiger was unleashed. This has never happened in training before. Raen always had control but this was frightening. We've just unleashed something that Raen was trying so hard to bury.

What have we done?

"I want to talk to Raen." I whisper with demand as I look up at Raen to which he smirks and tilts his head at me. Looking at me hungrily before biting his lip.

"Raen doesn't want to talk so I'm afraid you're stuck with me." He growls out and my eyes widen.

No.

"Raen? I love you and I know I fucked up but please, you can't let him take control. This is bad Raen. You need to-"

My words get cut off when Raen's hands tighten around my neck, feeling as though I'm being crushed, I wheeze for breath. Being taken off guard as I look up at the hazel eyes that seem to dance at my pain. Holding so much anger and hurt, he didn't know what he was doing.

"R-Raen." I manage to whisper painfully before black spots appear once again, this time fighting to take over my vision if it weren't for Malakei jumping on Raen's back and hitting him repeatedly.

My body drops to the floor the minute Raen's grip loosens on me and as I come to, I can just make out the grunts and whimpers coming from Malakei as he is being beat mercilessly by Raen. Although Malakei was strong, Raen's energy and power was no match for him.

I let my eyes close before reopening them to heightened senses. I notice through my panther eyes, Raen's flaming figure that absorbs his entire body. A lot more bigger and frightening from when I last saw it but I push this thought aside as I get up from the ground and over to Raen now hitting blindly at an unconscious Malakei. The sight of him brings tears to my eyes.

"Stop!" I scream at him with such pain and anger that he staggers for a moment before turning around to me and growling low in his throat. Eyes hazel and glowing with fury.

It's in that moment that my energy drains and I fall forward onto my hands and knees. The pain slowly seeping back into my body as I whimper.

"Stop doing this."

"Why should I?" He screams back at me before getting up quickly from where he crouched over Malakei's unconscious body on the ground, making his way over to me.

Before he can touch my hair however and cause anymore pain, there's a cry from a few feet away from us making us both turn to it. Raen growling threateningly.

Tara stands with her hands up to her mouth as tears fall down her cheeks freely, Anya blinking in shock and fear, Bow in confusion and anger before trying to make his way to me but when Raen notices this he growls and pulls me to my feet. I stumble slightly at the throbbing pain in my head before Raen pulls me close to him but shows to everyone how he can easily snap my neck if anyone so much as moves an inch.

"It's alright Bow. I'm ok." I say as my vision goes in and out of focus, sending him an assuring smile even though we both knew we weren't convincing anyone.

"Keylin...you're covered in blood." He states with concern as he turns his angered gaze on Raen who also held blood splattered from Malakei on his face.

"You monster!" Bow screams as he goes to run forward but Alex and Anya hold him back when Raen brings a hand up around my neck, his thumb pressing on a certain painful bruise on my neck but I don't react as I close my eyes, gulping loudly as he feels me swallow under his thumb.

"I am not the monster. It is you who are the monsters." He growls out lowly making me open my eyes as he moves forward with me in his arms. I groan as he forces my legs to move under me before yelling at everyone in front to move out of his way or he will kill me.

"This isn't Raen." Alex states quietly in realisation causing the others to turn to him in confusion and fright. Alex glares at hazel eyed Raen.

"Who are you?" Alex questions boldly. "What is your name tiger?"

"I have no business with you. Now let me pass." Raen growls threateningly at him before squeezing my neck further and I let out a startled cry before wheezing loudly. Alex frowns and holds up his hands.

"May I ask what is your business with Keylin?"

"No." Raen roars impatiently as he squares up Alex. Raen towering over his form.

"Let me through or I will kill him." Raen says lowly as he pulls me forward to stand in front of him. His hands caging my body painfully so that I couldn't move. All I can manage to do is hang my neck painfully as I take uneven breaths. Looking up at Alex and trying not to collapse.

Alex doesn't do anything as he stares at Raen but when Raen brings his hand over my nose and mouth, preventing me from breathing-I start to thrash weakly in his grip and try to pry his fingers off. I whimper painfully as black spots begin to form once again and I knew I was seriously hurt and in need of medical attention.

"O-Ok." Alex says seriously with wide eyes as he steps back and to the side but Raen doesn't take his hand from my mouth straight away and I begin to grow weak in his arms.

"No!" Bow exclaims as he comes forward but Alex and the others hold him back in fear for what else could be done to me but I didn't care anymore. I was too tired to fight and Raen was having fun.

"He can't breath you bastard! Let my brother go!" Bow screams hoarsely and my ears rang painfully.

Before I could blackout however, he takes his hands from me and the air painfully invaded my lungs, bringing tears of pain to my eyes as I splutter and cough.

Raen wastes no time in making me walk forward and I stumble, almost falling if he didn't have a predatorily tight hold on me as we left the training grounds and away from everyone. Baja got up when she noticed me but when she saw Raen she began to snap and growl at him.

Raen roared at her making her wail and sink her body to the ground in submission, ducking her head in her paws as we passed them.

'Evil in Trainer Raen's eyes. Trainer Keylin not safe with dead prince.'

Baja tells me through our link and my heart stutters at that. I'm too weak to think too much on it.

"Go to the o-others Baja." I groan out, knowing she will hear me.

"I-Inform Vixen of what is happening."

Raen grips my side painfully tight making me cry out in pain as my hand immediately moves over his in hopes of prying him of his vice like grip.

"You think a witch will stop me?" He chuckles lowly in my ear as I move my head away from him. He stops us in our trek suddenly when we are in the abandoned hallway and I nearly fall forward if he didn't shove me up against the wall, burying his face into my neck. He inhales slowly.

"Your scent is intoxicating and..." He inhales again before moaning into my neck while I clench my jaw and try to keep myself balanced.

"So pure.." He growls out hungrily.

-MATURE SCENES-

I frown in confusion before he is dragging me further down the hallway with haste and I whimper in pain with his chain like hold on my wrist. I try multiple times to prise and claw at his hand but his hold doesn't lift and no sooner is he pushing a door open that I realise is our room and dragging me inside.

"What are you-"

He pushes me forward suddenly and I fall against the bed, hitting the side with a groan as I curl over it, letting my head rest for a moment on the soft comfort of the bed as I plant my knees on the floor. I knew my body was losing strength now, I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep.

I manage to lift my head and move it to look back at Raen who was shutting and locking the door of my room before turning back to me with those glowing hazel eyes as they roamed my position.

His eyes make me uncomfortable and I bring my upper body up away from the bed so that I'm kneeling and using my arm to steady myself against the bed, looking up at him with hard emotion.

"You're going to kill me now...aren't you?" I ask him through exhaustion. Fear running through me but also acceptance.

His chuckle confused me though and I look up at him to see him licking his lips as he looks down at me, his hands moving down to remove his belt. All the while smirking at me.

"He will be angry with me at first but he will get over it with time. As for you, your life I will spare after I mark you."

"What?" I question as I fight to stay conscious. Watching as he peels his blood covered shirt from around his chest. I shake the spots away.

"H-Haven't you hurt me enough?" I question tiredly as he turns to throw the shirt on my desk.

"Your body will be the only form of redemption for your betrayal." Raen states lowly as he doesn't look at me and my face drains of colour at that.

"Satisfy me and I will spare everyone you love." He turns to me as he holds the belt in his hands. As if I had a choice in the matter of what happens to me.

I turn my head to him, panting softly with a hate filled glare.

"Touch me...and I'll kill you."

He laughs at this as he makes his way closer to me. A glint in his hazel eyes.

"You threaten me, how childish. We both know that this is only going to end with you and me rolling around in the bed sheets."

I try to get up but he brings a hand to my back and pushes me down with little force, making my upper body fall onto the bed with a huff. He chuckles, a low rumble in his throat as he trails his hand up to tangle through my hair as he slowly gets in between my body. My stomach twisting in fear as the familiar nauseating feeling begins to build.

This can't be happening.

"Only one person can be on top Keylin and it's not going to be you."

He leans down close to my ear tauntingly and I grip the bed sheets in anger at his words, trying to find the energy and will to get him off of me but tears begin to blur my eyes when I realise how trapped I am. He was right. He was stronger than me and had every card against me now.

Raen wasn't coming back anytime soon. He could be long gone for all I knew.

"Don't do this." I whisper as I begin to squirm under him but he growls and pushes my shoulder back down into the bed. I let out a shaky cry as I begin to shake in fear. Memories of the dungeon begin to fill my mind.

"Hush now little lamb, you brought this on yourself when he saw you with that traitor of a Dry Lander. This was inevitable." He growls as he lifts my upper half up slightly. Holding his belt in front of me as he starts to tie my hands together. I take in a shaky breath, finding it getting hot and increasingly hard to breath because of my swollen neck from the choking and gripping he had done previous.

"F-Fine Just..." I stutter out as he trails his hands back along the dip of my back before coming to rest on the curve of my cheek. I jolt in surprise when he squeezes harshly causing a throbbing pain and I whimper, burying my face into the bed sheets. Feeling disgusting and not wanting this at all but knew that it wasn't my choice.

"B-Be gentle, p-please." I begin to hyperventilate as the sudden terror begins to wash over me. Hearing him pull down his trousers before he growls and tears down mine.  His arms moving under my chest to drag me up and back so that I was fully on the bed now, top half falling forward slightly due to my bound hands as he moves his hands to my hips. Pulling them up high into the air.

"Hmm because you begged, I will consider it." He practically purrs out and I let out a gasp just as his hands grip my pants, I can't help but whimper.

"Y-You don't want me t-to suck you off f-first?" I question in confusion as my heart beats frantically trying anything to stall from my impending faith. He halters at this as if considering it before grunting and grabbing a fistful of my hair, pulling me back by his fist as I let out a startled cry with the feeling of him ripping hair from my scalp. I grit my teeth in pain and breath through my nose as he moves his face to my ear.

"If I feel any teeth or you try anything to get out of this, I definitely won't show you mercy. Understood?" He growls in my ear and I nod my head before wincing.

"I understand. I know that I've brought this on myself and I deserve punishment. Please, I only ask to make you feel good." I state with fake concern and amplified fear. By reading him, I found that he seemed to be less stressed out and rage induced when I'm submissive to him.

He seems to hum in agreement at this before he is flipping me around onto my back, pulling me by my ass closer to him. I look up at him innocently to which he growls and grabs my chin. Causing my neck to stretch painfully as I look up at him fiddling with his pants as he pulls out his dick-Raen's dick.

I frown and hold up my bound hands to him. He growls at this and narrows his hazel eyes down at me angrily.

"I'm not setting you free. I am not an idiot."

My eyes widen in fake realisation before I shake my head innocently in his hold to which he growls.

"No no-" I gasp out. "I was thinking that it would be easier for me to pleasure you if my hands were unbound. I can't really fit all of you in my mouth you see." I blush innocently as I look down. Raen tightens his grip on my chin and makes me look back up at him. He bends down closer to me with a smirk.

"I'll be able to fit you around my dick if you can't fit me in your mouth baby lamb." He growls hungrily and I force a smile on my lips, feigning the disgust.

I shrug my shoulders at that.

"Alright." I chuckle as I get to my knees in front of him. He strokes himself in front of me as he watches my every move.

"I just thought you would like to experience my amazing blowjob at its best but I guess not. Raen loves my blowjobs, especially my hands. He says they're-"

"Alright." He growls out making me shut my mouth as he grabs my hands. Holding my hands up to my eye level as he unties the leather strap. I look down at this and close my eyes submissively.

"This better be worth it." Raen growls out as he turns to throw the belt at the side. Just as he does this, I look up through glowing purple eyes. Knowing this will be the last of my strength before my body gives into exhaustion. I was going to fight him until I physically couldn't fight anymore.

With speed, I push him with all my strength to the side making him stumble unprepared but as he regained himself and turned to grab me, I was already up and running towards the bathroom. Finding that the lock behind it would give me assurance that I would be safe. At least safe enough to fit through the window that led to the roof.

It felt like everything happened in slow motion. Raen was up and reaching to grab me as I moved closer to the bathroom door with the last of my energy. Heart pumping so fast I felt it was going to beat out of my chest.

I got to the door, grabbing onto the sturdy oak wood just as Raen grabs my arm. Twisting it painfully and I let out a shrill scream as something clicks. He begins to pull at my burning arm but I clung to the door. Knowing that if I let go that was it. I would be raped by the person I love and possibly killed afterwards. Only this wasn't Raen. I didn't love this...whatever this was. Even if it possessed his body and mind. He would never be Raen. This person was evil.

With a tearful scream, I fist my burning arm and wrench it back so that it hits him square in the face. Sending his grip faltering and coming away from my arm. Giving me time to move into the bathroom and slam the door shut, turning the lock as I cradled my good arm.

Through my blurry vision, I noticed that I had knocked him out momentarily. His body lying on the floor where he touches his nose in confusion before looking at me in that split second with pure anger and hate filled hazel eyes. I slam the door, lock it and stumble back exhausted onto the floor beside the toilet.

Biting my lip in pain as I grab my burning arm. Unable to keep from letting out muffled screams of pain as I look down in horror at my oddly bent arm. Knowing that he might have dislocated it for sure.

Cold sweats began to come over me quickly as I listened to Raen bang mercilessly on the door. Screaming in rage at it, keeping me from him.

"Open this fucking door!" He screams at me through the wood making me jolt and blink up at the door trying to catch my breath.

"Open it." He growls lowly. "Before I break it down and drag you out here."

I was already using the toilet as leverage to lift myself up with my good arm. Tearing the skin of my lip due to the pressure of my teeth as I tried not to make a sound. I couldn't help the grunts and whimpers however as I staggered through spotted vision to the window.

I knew it was dangerous to try and climb up to a roof in my condition. I was risking my life the minute I left this room but for some reason I found it a better option than staying in this small bathroom where an evil spirit was banging down a door to try and get in and rape me mercilessly.

"Open this fucking door you little bastard! I'm going to rip your fucking skin from your bones when I lay my hands on you again!"

"Leave me alone!" I scream through sobbing tears as I turn to the door. Finding that just doing that took a lot out of me and I fall to my knees in exhaustion and pain. Listening to the frustrated screams of Raen fill the entire room and most likely the building.

As I catch my breath, I fall forward on my hands and knees blinking away the black dots from my vision once again as I look up at the window painfully before letting my head hang in front of me in exhaustion. I let out sniffled sobs as the banging continued on the door.

I wonder how long I had before he got in.

I take in a shaky breath as the dots came back once again, this time with more.

"I'm sorry Raen." I whisper as I fist my good hand, forcing myself to get up with a scream to my knees at the sheer pain as my head grew dizzy.

I stumbled to the window, clutching my bad arm and breaking the glass with my good fist. Smashing my hand into the glass until it was covered in blood and unrecognisable. I screamed in pain before grabbing a large piece of glass and collapsing onto my knees beside the toilet bowl. Twisting my body into a sitting position as I stared at the door, waiting for the wood to finally cave in.

With a shaky and bloody hand, I held the glass shard. Tears rolling down my cheeks as my head fell mutilpe times slipping into unconsciousness but I couldn't yet.

There was only one way that this would end. Maybe I knew it from the start and chose to ignore it or maybe I was a fucking idiot that only saw the good in everything, including a Trainer that killed his animal but held the untouched power, rage and anger of the spirit inside him. He was right when he said that only one person could come out on top. I was never much of a fighter but here I am. Clinging to this shard of glass as my life literally depended on it.

Raen is gone. All that's left is his body. He's replaced by this other side. The power he was desperately trying to control and keep from me. Had he known this would happen? It would get to this?

I don't have the strength to kill him, even if it's not Raen anymore.

I look down at the bloody shard of glass with a hiccup before looking back to the door that was starting to groan at the edges. Unable to keep out the beast.

Until he broke through, I was still fighting. As I was since the day I was born into this world. I didn't want to go just yet but holding this shard in my hands, it made me feel safe. It made me feel like I was in control of my life. Not Raen, not my father, grandfather, Vixen, Bow....me.

Just knowing that, made everything feel safer.

I blink away the dizzy spell, allowing my head to lie back against the cold tile of the bathroom wall. Looking up at the ceiling as it changed colours before me. My vision was playing tricks on me and going in and out. Maybe it was from lack of oxygen or I was dying. I hope the later.

As my bloody head falls to rest on the toilet bowl, I can't help but look closely at the ground near the groaning door to see black dust scattered over the entrance. With footprints of where I scattered it and a small brown sack bag against the wall filled with it. I let out a breath and smile to myself weakly.

"Thanks Vixen." I whisper out before letting more tears fill my eyes at the pain in my heart and body. This time when the black spots come for me, I open them with warm arms as I feel myself slipping away from the bathroom. Away from the frustrated screams and bangs of the room and away from everything as darkness consumes me.

**

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!Nearly 12k words oml.

I'm so sorry for the heart breaking chapter. I didn't want to update this without a follow up chapter so the next chapter will be up straight after❤️

We are at a turning point in the book that will get interesting😂hope you'll like where it goes from here. These next few chapters really focus on the crucial elements of the storyline and I hope you will be able to grasp where it'll go but if it becomes confusing just leave a comment and I'll explain☺️

Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 2.1K 38
Season 2 of In Another Era Bound by a forbidden love, Prince Kenric and Archie have to navigate a world of secrecy and magic. The stakes are rising a...
61.4K 4K 41
I was reincarnated into a harem game as a villan. Please stay away I'm Gay book 3
1.9K 114 16
We pick up book 3 the same night of Art and Fiats wedding. After their perfect vacation it's sobering to return home back to the things they felt the...
283K 13.1K 40
*COMPLETED* Rain, an introverted, bookworm with handsome features and a bad temper, moves to LA from a quiet, small town and the transition couldn't...