Rule 35, Alpha

By KasaiTheQueen19

Everyone should have a code to live by, a set of rules created from life experiences. I have one, and right n... More

-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
Tempests Outfit!
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Epilogue-
Thank You All!
~Tempest's Rules~

-Chapter 2-

10.8K 642 171
By KasaiTheQueen19

*Above^^^ what the cabin kinda looks like! Enjoy!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, I got up, showered and got dressed while waiting for my truck to arrive. After it did, and Ray swore to me I didn't owe him anything because he had owed me a favor.

Taking my trip to town with Zuzu around my neck, I don't like leaving him alone for long periods of time, I head to town by following yesterday's route.

My first stop was breakfast. I just went through a drive through and got a coffee and a steak and egg biscuit. My second stop was for my registration and tags, as well as my license, which didn't take as long as I thought it would.

After I got that straightened out, I stopped at Lowes to get some garden supplies. Soil, mulch, bird seed, seedling plants, flower pots, water trays, and an assortment of colorful flowers. Pansies, marigolds, irises, morning glory's, ferns, an aloe plant, a wandering Jew, a hibiscus and two, peach colored tea rose bushes.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a nature mage. My magic is more in tune with nature and plant life, as well as wildlife, which is why I never felt at home in New York. Most witches prefer natural ingredients when they use spells, especially nature mages, and witches like me rather be in well...nature, instead of the concrete jungle. That's probably why Aunt Serena left the cabin to me...because she knew that too.

Anyway, after I loaded all of that into the bed of my truck, with the help of some very willing teenage boys, I made my last stop to the grocery store.

It's bigger than I expected it to be, which is a good thing. I load up on all the necessities, getting all the non refrigerated or frozen items first. Pasta, rice, veggies, canned goods, bananas, oranges, apples, etc. Coffee and sugar, definitely. Cereal, gotta have my Fruit Loops, pop tarts, chips and cookies... what, I like my snack foods. I stock up on spices and herbs, canned drinks and tea bags, and a little bit of candy to refill my stash.

I quickly go through the frozen foods section, grabbing a few pizzas, a lasagna, corn dogs and French fries...what? I'm outta food, don't judge. Before I go to the Dairy and Deli, I pick up three different containers of ice cream. Chocolate, Oreo, and Reese's, a girls real best friends.

After getting milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, hamburger, pork-chop, steak, turkey, and shrimp from the cold foods, and picking up a rotisserie chicken for lunch, I quickly check out and manage to pack all the groceries into the small cab of my truck. As I'm backing out, Zuzu stirs around my neck, and I gently boop his nose. Doing so, I suddenly remember something I had originally forgot to do. Pick up Zuzu's food.

Recalling a pet store I passed on the way here, I turn back and head to it. He doesn't need to eat quite as often as most pets, but his diet is specifically mice, frozen mice...so I need to restock them pronto.

After parking in front of the store, I head inside and look around. I have a few minutes before I need to leave, so I can take a good look at this place...besides, I like to look at the animals they have here, even if I'm not getting another companion.

Going through the aisles, an item on the top shelf catches my eye. A large rock hiding place that will be perfect for Zuzu. The one he has is going to be too small once he reaches full size, and this one has foliage attached so he can hide on top too.

Reaching up on my tip-toes, I stretch my arm as far as it will go, but my fingertips can't even touch it. I mutter curses under my breath, me and my height! I hate being vertically challenged! I can't use magic either, rule 29: Never cast a spell in public.

I hop up on my toes a few times, and my fingers brush the edge...only to push it further back on the shelf.

"Damn it." I mutter irritably.

A deep chuckle sounds behind me just as a large presence does, making me squeak in surprise.

"Is this what you're reaching for short stuff?"

An equally deep voice asks as an arm easily goes over my head and grabs the rock, elbow still bent. I turn around quickly, undecided if I should thank the stranger or get snippy for being called 'short stuff'. Looking up at the hulking stranger, my eyes have to trail up his muscular chest before reaching his face, which has a very smug smile...and the most gorgeous pair of molten gray eyes I've ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butch

"Come on kiddo, it can't be that hard to choose."

I say, looking down at my indecisive little brother. Today is his birthday, and for a present, he wants his first pet. The issue is, he can't decide between a fish or a lizard. He's just running back and forth between the two and staring at them in fascination.

"But Butch, they're both so cool!"

I sigh as Corey run back to the lizards, and mom sighs with me. She had taken today off from her duties as Luna to spend today with Corey, and I volunteered to come along...after she twisted my arm just a little.

"He really is energetic. I wish he'd use it to clean his room."

She mutters in resignation, and I laugh as she does. Dad would laugh too if he wasn't at the office attending his Alpha duties...ones that would be passed down to me after I find my mate...if I find her...I've been looking for her for almost four years now...and yet, no luck.

"If he doesn't hurry up and decide, we are going to be late for his own party."

Mom mumbles under her breath, and just as she does, Corey comes racing up the opposite side of the isle from where he went. As he skids to a stop in front of the fish tanks, a delicious scent trails behind him...lavender and mangoes.

I inhale deeply, growling lowly at the aroma. My wolf, Jackson, growls as well.

"What's the matter Butch?"

Mom asks, a concerned note in her voice. I turn my head towards the direction my brother came from, and growl as the scent gets a little stronger.

"Mate."

I answer her question as I inhale the scent again, and she gasps. I can hear her silently squealing in happiness as I follow the sweet smell, wanting to find the source. I can sense her following behind me, wanting to see for herself who her future daughter in law is.

As I enter the isle, I see her, as she's the only one here. Her small frame is desperately trying to reach the top shelf, her purple locks pulled into a messy bun bobs as she try's to jump up to reach the object. I trace over her small figure, despite being so short she has long, shapely legs, amplified by her denim shorts. As I stop behind her, she jumps again, and manages to finally touch it...only to push it further away.

"Damn it."

She mutters under her breath, her angry voice contradicting her size, and I can't stop myself from chuckling as I go directly behind her to help, her squeak of surprise adorable to my ears. I reach over her head, it barely reaching the center of my chest, and grab the item she was straining to get.

"Is this what you're reaching for short stuff?"

I ask teasingly, taking advantage of my height to look down at her face, which is flustered and red. She whips around, the expression on her face implying she was about to give me a piece of her mind...until she realizes she's staring at my chest. Shock replaces the irritation as she slowly looks up, and I can't stop myself from feeling smug as she looks me over. However, she isn't the only one who's stunned into silence.

When her gaze finally reaches mine, I find myself staring into the most beautiful light blue eyes I've ever seen. Big and bright, they angle upward...complimenting her high cheekbones and heart shaped face...her soft pink lips almost begging to be kissed, and I so want to do it...hell, even Jackson is begging me to.

We both pull ourselves together around the same time, her expression becoming irritated, which only makes her more attractive as impossible as it seems. Her plump lips forming a slight pout that takes the edge off of her angry face. Adorable. She crosses her arms, glaring up at me under her thick eyelashes. Her hip popped to the side...Goddess...

"Who you callin' short stuff, jolly green giant?"

Her accent heavy, I bite back yet another growl. That's a New York accent if I've ever heard one. I grin widely at the name she threw back at me, sassy too...I love it.

"That would be you, short stuff."

Her eyebrows furrow in agitation, making me grin wider.

"I'll have you know that I have perfectly average height, you're the one who's freakishly tall!"

She fires back, stepping towards me and pointing a finger at my chest. I laugh again, making her more agitated.

"I don't recall 5'1 being the average height for girls."

I can hear my mom laughing from here, trying not to draw my mates attention. No doubt she's been recording this.

"That's 5'2 and 1/2 thank you! And it's certainly closer to average than your seven foot self!"

How can someone so tiny have so much sass?

"It's actually 6'8, shorty, but you were pretty close."

"I have a name you know, and I would like that rock back."

I smirk, a plan coming to mind.

"How about a deal? You tell me your name, and I'll give you this."

She looks less than amused, but her blush says otherwise.

"I'll tell you my name too, if that'll make you happy."

She huffs, her pout returning.

"It's Tempest."

She replies after a minute, holding her hand out for the item still in my hand.

Tempest. Jackson growls in response.

I smile, and place the item in her hand, intentionally brushing her hand with my fingers, enjoying the little jump she does as the sparks erupt on my skin, letting me know that she feels it too. Her scarlet cheeks turning redder, I lock eyes with her.

"Hello Tempest, I'm Butch." My voice low, a bit of a growl leaks through, and a shiver runs through her. I can already tell she's feeling the pull, and it makes me very happy.

"Butch, who is that?!"

Corey yells, running down the isle and causing me and Tempest to jump in surprise. She tears her eyes away from me to look down at my little brother, separating her hand from mine as she does. I nearly whimper at the loss of contact, but keep it contained.

"Corey, this is Tempest. Tempest, this is my little brother Corey."

A smile replaces her angry pout, and I can't help but feel a little jealous of not being the one she's smiling at. She crouches down to his height, and sticks her hand out for him.

"Hello Corey, nice to meet you."

"Hi! It's my birthday!!"

"Is it now? Well, happy birthday!"

I shouldn't be surprised at how eager he is to tell everyone, he loves the attention. And as mom would say, 'just like his big brother'.

"Is she your friend Butch? She's really pretty!"

I watch her blush in response, and I smile.

"Yeah, she is. Have you decided which one yet?"

He shakes his head, shaking his curly brown hair with it. He turns to Tempest, who has a curious look on her face.

"What do you think is better? Lizards or fish?"

She holds a finger to her chin, pretending to think.

"Lizards are very cool, but I like snakes a little more."

I'm surprised at first, but then I laugh internally. It suits her to like the creatures, being sassy and eye-catching.

"You do!?!" Corey gasps, and she nods while smiling.

"Yeah, see?" She reaches under her green, sleeveless hoodie after putting the rock down. And I jump a bit when she pulls out a snake that was curled around her neck.

"Coooolllll!"

The creature stretches out to my brother, it's body winded loosely around her arm.

"This is Zuzu, he's a ball python."

Corey reaches out hesitantly, a bit uncertain.

"You can touch him if you want, he's very friendly."

He slowly reaches forward, and lightly touches his finger to the top of the snakes head. His eyes widen, and he runs his finger up and down its head.

"Wow."

Zuzu flicks his tongue out, and Corey laughs.

"He's sticking his tongue out at me!"

"He is, that's how snakes smell. Cool huh?"

He nods enthusiastically.

"Butch! You pet him!"

I shift a bit, uncertain.

"Yeah, Butch, you pet him."

Tempest stands up, holding her pet up to me, a smirk on her face. I can recognize the challenge in her eyes, and I'll be damned if don't accept it. I reach a hand out to gently rub under the creatures head, knowing all to well that I could snap it's neck by handling it to roughly. It flicks its tongue out again, and I wonder if it can sense the wolf in me. Most animals can.

"So, Butch, as in Butch Cassidy? Is that you're real name? Or did you make it up to sound cool?"

I smirk at her, so she knows my namesake. She gets more interesting by the minute.

"It is, I watched a lot of western shows when I was pregnant with the little trouble maker." My mom pipes up, and Tempest jumps a little.

"I'm Amelia Green, their mother."

She holds a hand out, and my mate takes it.

"Tempest Mercer, nice to meet you."

Shaking her hand, I see my mom give me a wink, and I can tell she's gonna help me.

"I've never seen you around before, are you new to town?"

"Yeah, I just moved in last night. Down in Misty Oak Meadow."

My eyes widen, Misty Oak? That's pretty secluded area in our pack land, what is she doing out there?

"What brings you to North Carolina?"

"I moved from Brooklyn,New York, my Great Aunt left me her cabin after she passed."

"I'm sorry about your aunt...but it's very nice to meet you."

I notice the slight sadness in her eyes, and I fight the urge to comfort her by hugging her tightly...it'd probably scare her off right now...

"It's alright...she always knew that I was never really at home in the city, that's probably why she left me the place here."

"Well, if you ever need someone to show you around town, I'm sure Butch would love to do so."

"It would be my pleasure."

Both me and mom notice her blush, and mom grins. Picking up the rock, Tempest puts Zuzu back around her neck.

"Well thank you...I've got to pick up his food and go, I've got groceries in the truck."

"It was nice meeting you dear!"

My mom calls out as she walks away.

"I'll see you around Tempest."

I call out, just loud enough for her to hear it, and she disappears around the corner with scarlet cheeks.

My mom squeals with delight, hugging me in a vice grip.

"Oh my goddess! She's perfect! I'm so happy for you baby!"

"Yeah, she is." I manage to get out.

She lets me go after a minute, and gasps when she sees the time.

"Corey baby, have you decided yet?"

"Yeah, I want a lizard! Tempest says their cool!"

As my mom and brother get everything, I spend the time thinking about Tempest, already impatient to see her again. But for now, I'll see if I can get some warrior wolves patrolling around her home, considering a lot of rouges roam out there.

I have to find an excuse to see her again, no matter how pathetic it may be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! What do you think of Butch? 😍 Don't forget to vote and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 53.7K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
405K 13.3K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
2.2K 425 54
JAREK She's an abomination-a constant thorn in my side. She has no right to be sheltered so closely by my mother and father, the alpha and luna of th...
85.8K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...