Falling For The Billionaire (...

By WriterSiaBrown

Seven years had passed since Skylar broke up with Ethan, yet she didn't find it within herself the power to m... More

Foreword
Thank You
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter-12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 20

10.2K 337 7
By WriterSiaBrown

Spotlight wavered from place to place, as the chattering of people filled the room. I sat by the side of my hair stylist, controlling my urge to remove the stand of my hair that is styled to fall on my forehead.

Zac was not having a good time either, as a furious frown set on his face as Mellisa, our assistant director and the girl that's been in love with Zac for a long time has just got yelled at by the director.

Directors generally don't do that, and our director, James, is an even more loving and jovial person. Zac is too mad at him to see the facts and didn't think of the possibility of us faking all this just so we could stir those buried feelings in him.

Mellisa was right now weeping in the bathroom and it sucks for me to not be able to go console her. We are waiting for Zac to do the job and I don't know what's taking him so long.

"Zac, Skylar, you're being called." One of the persons of the crew came to call us.

After doing my last check of make up, I was allowed to go.

We tried to do the shots over and over again but Zac's mind was disturbed. James was getting a little impatient but he knows this is needed. We actually finished our shoot for the day but we're just prolonging it so that Zac's and Mellisa's drama comes to an end now.

"James, can I take a break?" Zac asked, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

A smirk formed on James' face as I gave him a knowing smile. "Sure. Take your time."

"I'll be back." He said and hurried to the way Mellisa took.

James and I broke into a fit of laughter as we understood where he went.

"Thank god, our job is done. I couldn't see the both of them blocking their feelings." I said.

"I finally have a more productive team now." James said. "An unhappy team is an unproductive team."

"True true." I agreed and grinned down at him.

"Skylar, someone's here for you." Someone from behind me called my name.

"Am I expecting someone?" I asked James.

He gave me a flat look.

"Right, how would you know?" I spoke to myself, to which he nodded. "Send them in!"

I craned my neck to look over my shoulder. Ethan followed his body guards inside with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. My eyes widened in surprise and got up on my feet.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him in a low voice when he came close to me.

"Who said I came for you?"

Burn.

"I.. Who else are you here for?"

He leaned over my shoulder and offered his hand to James. "I heard the news. Congratulations."

I frowned at the men. "What?"

"He's having a baby." Ethan clarified it for me and I widened my eyes in surprise.

"What!" I exclaimed in happiness. "You didn't tell me!"

"I thought you knew." James smiled. "Besides, why do you think I'm extra cheerful today?"

"I thought you were excited for the wrap up party. But, congratulations!"
I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Thank you." He said. "I'll be back."

We watched him leave as his friends poured in through the entrance. I guess I'm the last person to know this. And apparently I thought I knew everything about his life.

"Are those for me?" I asked Ethan, eyeing the flower bouquet in his hand.

He shook hid head. "No. I got them for someone special."

"Zac?"

"I didn't say insignificant. I said special."

"Oh, you're probably talking about Ben."

He gave me a flat look.

"Oh, then it has to be Kyle!"

He rolled his eyes and put an arm around my shoulder. "Just give up. You're bad at guessing."

"I thought I was the only special thing in your life."

"Don't flatter yourself." He said. "Are you done with the shoot?"

"Yes." I said. "I was about to leave."

"Good. Let's get going then."

"Wait, let's?"

"Yes." He said, and started leading me to the exit, whilst his hand still rested on my shoulder.

We grabbed my stuff on the way and made our way outside.

"Here, hold this." He said, shoving the bouquet into my hands just before we headed to meet the paparazzi.

"I thought it was for someone special." I said and smiled at the cameras although Ethan wasn't giving them a pose.

"I thought about what you said in the morning." He said. "We need to be more convincing regarding our marriage."

"Right." I said, as he leaned in and kissed my cheek on the side.

I gave him a smile and spoke with gritted teeth. "Don't take the advantage of the situation."

He smirked at me and kissed me on the lips this time. "This is taking advantage.."

We reached his car and got into it. The media was crying on top of their lungs for us to give them a pose but Ethan ignored them.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, as I noticed him taking a different route from our home.

"Ben called us over. It's the twins' birthday." He replied.

"And I'm going to show up like this?" I said, pointing my clothes.

"No one cares, Skylar."

"I do! Just look at me, ugh!"

He did. "You look fine."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going like this. Stop by a store so we could grab something."

Ethan changed from his work clothes and donned a good pair of jeans with a grey shirt. His sleeves were rolled up with the first two button undone.

"Fine." He gave in.

Few minutes later, he pulled over at one of his stored and parked the car. When he didn't seem to get out, I asked him. "You're not coming inside?"

"Do you want me to?" He asked, briefly looking over at me from his mobile phone.

"Yes. I need help choosing a dress."

He nodded and walked inside with me. I asked him to sit on one of the sofas while I quickly don a few clothes. He agreed and left me to shop.
Ten minutes later, I stood before him, wearing a white dress the reached till my mid thighs.

He gave me a flat look. "We're going to the kids' birthday party. Not to a night club."

I gave him an annoyed look and changed into a red dress. He didn't approve of that either.

Same happened with the next five dresses I tried and gave up on his choice.

"You know what, let's just go like this. I don't care."

"Wait." He gave me an annoyed sigh and went to meet the helper by the side. Five minutes later, he brought a dress with him.

"Wear this and come, I'll be near the billing counter." He said.

"Wait, let me see if I like the dress."

"We don't have time, Skylar. We're already running late. We're buying this."

"But-"

He didn't let me finish as he just left me there. I groaned and went into the room and wore the dress. As I examined it, I realised that it wasn't that bad either. It was a simple white colour dress that reached my knees. My back was left bare but it didn't matter because ir was going to let my hair down. It looked good on me and looked appropriate for the event.

I sighed and matched the look with a light lipstick and headed out. Ethan was standing by the counter with his arms crossed, a frown settled on his forehead.

He watched me with a heated gaze as I made my way to him. "I'm done."

"You look great." He said with a twitch of his lips.

"Tell me something I don't know." I smirked.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you want me to create a show here?"

A chill ran down my spine when he draped an arm over my waist. "Um, we're getting late."

"I don't care." He said. "We could go to the party and waste two hours of our precious time or," he leaned in closer so that only I could hear. "I could drive back home and teach you how to take a compliment."

"How would you do that?" I asked him.

"Well," he snapped the sleeve of the dress with his fingers. "The dress will have to come off first, since you're clearly being disrespectful to the owner of this dress."

"I thought I own it from now on."

"You do, you bought it from me." He said. "Well, technically, you didn't."

I gave him a surprised look and looked around. "This is your store?"

He nodded. "Yes."

"Wow." I smile. "I love the stuff here."

His face softened. "You can always come back here and take whatever you want."

I gave him a teasing look. "Why are you being this good to me? I thought you were threatening me just a few seconds ago?"

"Do you want to talk dirty with you again?" He asked, his eyes hooded.

"No no. I'm fine." I chuckled. "I should take advantage of you while you're still being a human."

He nodded. "So, did you decide yet? Do you want this dress on or off your body?"

I smirked at him. "I think Ben will kill both of us if we don't show up. So I guess I need to have this dress on."

"Damn him." He said. "But what do you want?"

"I want to go home too." I gave him a flirtatious smile.

He looked at me with a smile and chuckled. I frowned at his smile but kept quiet anyway. For the rest of the ride back, we didn't speak anything.

I finally understood why Ethan was smiling so hard back there. We were being a normal couple.

We flirted, we kissed and I talked dirty with him. Heck, I even told him I want him to get this dress off of myself. Darn it.

What the hell did we do? I thought we hated each other. But now I let him kiss me and hold me like we were in love.

I suddenly grew worried. What are we right now? Are we a couple? Are we still going to get a divorce in a few months? Is this how we planned it to be?

I didn't know. I was confused myself. And I'm sure Ethan was thinking about it too because his face was having a serious look too.

Both of us were worried about where we were taking this relationship. We were acting like normal couples without any effort. Ugh.

We need to have a talk after the party. I need to know if Ethan has a clue about what is happening between us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 443 51
'Our parting was like a stalemate........ Neither of us won. Yet both of us lost.' This quote best describes the life of Aurelia Parker. She has lost...
138K 3.6K 9
They have been best friends for eighteen years. Life happened and they lost touch... Seventeen years later, family and fate decided to give it anothe...
253K 6.1K 39
Summer and Bryce used to hate each other, until they found out they shared the same passion. Soccer. They fell in love with each other. But now as th...
3.6M 116K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...