Renegade

By Xscapee

The world has lived in darkness for over a hundred years since..he..has taken over. Humankind has been all bu... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1: The Before Times
Ch. 2: The Announcement
Ch. 3: Set In Motion
Ch. 4: Preparation
Ch. 5: Spero
Ch. 6: Dancing with Death
Ch. 7: Clever Girl
Ch. 8: Capture
Ch. 9: Slipping Through
Ch. 10: Sickening
Ch. 11: A Demon's Secret
Ch. 13: In Your Place
Ch. 14: Insult to Injury
Ch. 15
Ch. 16: Like Clockwork
Ch. 17: Demons None the Less
Ch. 18: Mask
Ch. 19: Impure
Ch. 20: Atmosphere
Ch. 21: Dinner for None
Ch. 22: Dear Family...
Ch. 23: To the Skies
Ch. 24: Risus
Ch. 25: Visiting Hours
Ch. 26: The Ballad of Risus Schneid
Ch. 27: The Death of the Leader
Ch. 28: Care
Ch. 29:
Ch. 30: Defiant
Ch. 31: Search and Rescue
Ch. 32: Enough
Ch. 33: Treason
Ch.34: Light Hearted
Ch. 35: Not Today
Credits
Renegade: Trivia!
Artwork

Ch. 12: A Deal

4.8K 196 407
By Xscapee

Days had passed along and (Y/n) was regaining her strength. She was able to move about on her own, but the boys kept her in Anti's room to be sure that she was okay. Sending her back was generally not an option right now. She'd become sick and end up right back in his bed.

(Y/n) was surprised at the kindness they were offering her. Not something they'd admit right away but she felt a bond forming with them.

Anti walked into his room with her daily lunch of sandwich and soup only to see her sitting on the window sill reading a book.

"No, no no no. Get up. Come on."

"Seriously?"

"Read in the window when yer not locked up in a castle full of demons, come on. Someone could see you."

She rolled her eyes and stood up, moving back into bed. "I'm an adult and I'm having a demon telling me what to do."

"A demon that could whoop yer ass."

"I'd like to see you try." She shot. 

"You must be feeling better yer attitude came back."

"What are you going to do, send me back into those cells to get sick again?"

He gently placed the plate on her lap. "As if, the last thing I need is you in my bed any longer."

"So then what are you guys going to do?"

"I don't know!"

"Jeeze, you don't need to raise your voice.."

"It's not good. It's just not. Dark's gonna want to talk to you."

"He wants to talk to me? What the hell is there to talk about? I'm a prisoner. I have nothing to offer but my life and you already said he won't kill me."

"I don't know. He's weird. Crazy even."

"Well, what if you bring me to him? That way he never knew I left the cells."

"That would—," Anti paused, stroking his chin. "—actually, that may work. Huh, yer not so dumb after all."

"Well, we better send her to him shortly," Die spoke as he entered the room holding his arm.

A small gash stretching a few inches long spread across his cheek. Dark blood, almost black, lightly dripped out of it.

Anti whistled, "What the hell happened to you?"

"Dark, is what happened."

(Y/n) looked over to see his arm was in pain as well. "What's wrong with your arm?"

He turned slightly to show three large gashes across the back of his shoulder.

She gasped upon seeing it, pushing herself out of bed to get a closer look.

"What the hell did you do to make him THAT angry?" Anti moved closer as well.

"He shot the messenger is what he did. He also didn't like my advice."

"Anti," (Y/n) looked up at him. "Do you have a sewing kit by chance? Or do one of the maids have one?"

"I'm fine, really." Die protested.

"Yeah, they should have something, I'll be right back." He blurred away.

"You don't have to do anything, I'll heal quickly."

"First glance of your injury says otherwise. He seemed to inflict it with his bare hands which means it'll take longer, all because he's a demon."

"How did you know that?" Die wrinkled his brow.

"I've studied demons for a while, sit on the bed, let me help you."

"I'm fine."

"Nows not the time to be stubborn, seriously."

"Like I'm going to trust you with a needle.."

"Yeah let me just poke you to death. Please, let me help you. It's the least I can do."

"I'm back!" Anti announced returning with a small basket. "And I've got just the stuff for you."

"Do you even know how to sew?"

"I've stitched up many people, I'm going to have to cut your shirt off."

"I don't care I don't even like this shirt." He sighed sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Can ye give me details?" Anti pulled up a chair in front of his friend.

Die took a deep breath as (Y/n) sat behind him and began cutting his T-shirt. "I received paperwork that was meant for Dark, and I was told that the head of the nations were demanding an answer as soon as possible."

"Isn't Dark the nation's leader?" (Y/n) asked as she soaked up the remaining blood with the cut up t-shirt.

"Dark is just, the world leader, but we sectioned it off to others across the world. He can't be everywhere at once. He passes a message or a law on, and they spread that law and so on and so forth." Die flinched slightly in pain, gritting his teeth. "As I was saying though, I took the paperwork straight to his office. Once I arrived he went on a small rant about the disapproval he was receiving. He then asked me to grab him a book from the library, when I returned he was in full rage, and his office was practically destroyed. I tried to calm him down, but I more so got in the way."

"Damn, I don't know what's gotten into him lately but he really needs an ass whooping," Anti spoke up.

"Everyone's afraid to put him in his place, aren't they?" (Y/n) asked aloud.

There were several seconds of silence.

"No one can," Die replied. "He's one of the best if not the best. He's the only demon to ever pull us out of the dark and put us in the light. For that, we're forever grateful."

"By the sound of it, the demons don't care about that anymore." She threaded the needle and began to close up his wounds, being careful not to hurt him too much.

"Less and less every day," Anti responded. "He hasn't been the same since the announcement about his staff."

"You mean he's not always like this?"

"No," Die sighed. "He's generally more composed."

"Why did he make the announcement anyway? Isn't that putting a lot a stake." (Y/n) inquired.

"He's bored, to put it simply. He needed something to occupy him."

"I've got it!" Anti shouted, making both Die and (Y/n) jump.

"Herregud!" (Oh my god!) Die yelled. "You can't just do that when she has a damn needle in her hand!"

"I've got an idea!"

He rolled his eyes, "And that is?"

"(Y/n)!"

"(Y/n)?" Die repeated.

"Me?" She questioned. "What about me?"

"Yer stubborn, witty, and snarky. It's just what Dark needs to keep him on his toes, for now. He'll be up to his wits end with you but it'll stop him for acting out. It'll give him something to do."

"Actually, Anti, that's not a bad idea." Die admitted.

"Not a bad idea?! Are you both nuts! I can't fight him, especially not now."

"We're not askin' ye to fight'im. We're TELLING you to keep him distracted. Yer still a prisoner here." Anti pointed at her, "Besides, you owe us, we could've let you rot in that cell and not bat an eye."

"I want to make a deal then." She spoke sternly.

Die shifted himself slightly, "We can arrange that, I believe."

"If I help you calm down Dark you, eventually, have to help me escape the castle."

"Absolutely not!" Anti objected.

"Deal," Die spoke.

"What?! No! We can't just let her go!"

"We don't have much of a choice, she can refuse to help us. We can put her back in that cell. We can hurt her. We can do a lot but this is our best bet, think rationally."

"Who cares what happens to her though! It's not our fault if she doesn't get back to the rebellion. She's our Enemy!"

She narrowed her eyes on Anti, "I'm literally right here."

"You. shush. Demons are talking." He held his finger to his lips.

"Fine," Die glared at him, "then you can deliver tomorrow's paperwork to Dark. I'm sure (Y/n) wouldn't mind sewing your head back on."

Anti gulped. "Alright, how do you want to do this?"

________________________________

Anti lightly knocked on Dark's office door.

"Come in," Dark announced slightly annoyed.

He opened the door and peered in first to see the office almost completely destroyed. Books, papers and other items thrown about, even Die's blood on the floor.

"Are you coming in or are you going to just stand there?"

"Oh, right!" Anti walked in with a rope extending out of the door.

Dark looked up slightly confused. "And what is that?"

"Well, you said you wanted to talk to the humans and —" He tugged the rope pulling her in at the wrists which were tied together. "Ta-da!"

His eyes widened. "I will talk to the human when it is more convenient for me. Take her back to the cells —"

"But she wants to talk to you too."

"I don't care, now leave."

"Oh come on, I went out of my way for ye." Anti whined.

"Anti you're beginning to get on my nerves."

"Sitting here in your destroyed office isn't going to fix your world, Dark."

Dark moved directly in front of Anti, the action occurring so fast he seemed to blur in the process. He stood in front of him with his hands behind his back.

"I'd like you to repeat those words."

"I said, sitting here in YER destroyed—"

From the corner of (Y/n)'s eyes, she saw Dark's hands unravel from behind his back. The action happened in slow-motion, that's how she was trained to see it. With milliseconds to react she flung her wrists down causing the excess rope to flip up in a loop that hooked right over Dark's right hand. She yanked down pulling him in her direction. His eyes widened, not expecting this sudden action.

Now they were face to face. They looked at one another dead in the eyes, with tension burning.

"Very well," Dark spoke. He then wrapped his hand tighter around the rope and jerked her arms upward. "Leave us, Anti. I'll return her to you when we're finished speaking."

"Got it," Anti rushed himself out of the room.

Dark released the rope, "Alright (Y/n), you've gained my attention, please, sit." He walked over to his desk and sat down.

"No thank you, I'd rather stand."

He shot her a dirty look.

"Or sit, sitting is nice too." She saw what happened to Die and didn't want the same fate for herself.

"Good, now, I've been keeping an eye on you recently."

"Oh, I bet you have." She smirked. "And what have you discovered?"

"That you haven't been in your cell."

Her heart dropped. "You're right, I take midnight strolls along the castle halls."

"Your sarcasm will do you no good here, I know of your illness, and the fact Die and Anti have been taking care of you."

"They took care of me in your benefit mind you." She spoke coldly.

"I'm aware of that. You're interesting you know." He paused. "What is it that you want?"

"The staff."

"No, you want something else. I can feel it, and very rarely am I wrong."

"Well, I guess this is one of those times."

"Hmm, not to my knowledge. I've studied humans for many years. I've met many like you. Determined. Strong willed. Kind. They're the most fun to break."

"Well, what do you want?" She shot back. "You're interested in talking to me for a reason. Better yet, what do you think I want?"

"One at a time, please." He smiled folding his hands. "Besides the utter destruction of the rebellion and all who serve it, I seek knowledge, and so do you."

"Knowledge of what?"

"The best way to get into the mind of a rebel is to study them, likewise, the best way to get into the mind of a demon is to study them."

"Are you offering me a deal?"

"Precisely. I'll release you from those cells, give you a nice guest room here in the castle, allowing  you to travel to the ends of all the halls, free range of all but a few rooms, with a few rules as well."

"Such as?"

"You can't leave the castle, you can't deliver messages to the rebellion through servants and so on. Don't worry I'll dress all of the rules. But in exchange for your life and limited freedom, I will simply study you, to my liking."

"And if I refuse?"

"I don't see why you would, but if you refuse I'll keep you in those cells, or possibly worse."

"Like what?"

"Would you like to find out?"

She swallowed hard. "And when can I go home?"

"If the rebellion surrenders the leader I'll allow you to go home in exchange, but we'll talk more about that in the future."

She stared at the ground, "One last question."

"By all means, ask away."

"Why the hospitality?"

"If you are what I'm studying I have to have you in a comfortable position or, well, I wouldn't learn anything now, would I? As well as you can't learn anything from me if you're locked away, correct? I would take this "kindness" lightly because I have absolutely no problem with putting you in your place." He stood up, opening drawers at his desk, pulling out a knife. "Don't believe this will be a cakewalk either. I will be testing you as much as I please. I desire results and I will get them at almost any cost." He then walked over to her with the knife, picking up the rope and pulling it close.

He began to cut away at the rope on her wrists. She rubbed her wrists as it fell to the floor.

Dark held out his hand to her, "Do we have a deal, human?"

(Y/n) stared at it briefly before shaking it, "You've got yourself a deal, demon."

"I'm glad we can come to an agreement. I'll have a maid prepare a chamber for you. You will remain there from nine PM to nine AM every night. For now, you will remain under the watch of Anti and Die until your room is ready." He opened the door and leaned out to a guard. "Please retrieve Antisepticeye and bring him to my office."

"Yes, sir." The guard replied.

He walked back in, closing the door behind him, "Oh, and human. If you double cross me, or even attempt to, I'll see to it that you'll endure a torture so cruel you'll wish you were dead."

"Well then I guess I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" Though her comment seemed brave, her heart and mind felt otherwise.

For the first time in a long time (Y/n) was scared.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 10.5K 58
"You're evil. You've killed people." Seán "Jack" McLoughlin thought that he would always be "that kid from Ireland." He didn't ask to be torn away...
2.4K 131 18
I've never been one for sob stories, which is why I hated what I used to be. Oh poor Cait, tortured by someone she thought she loved. Oh poor Cait, h...
3.4K 108 21
She was always alone.... she never had friends she barely knew what it was like to love someone.... she was perfect.... but so broken.... lost.... A̱...
833 50 11
Two YouTubers and two strangers sit in a cramped, darkening room retelling their stories of plane crashes, dimension traveling, and demonic possessio...