Mated to the Alpha King | Fir...

By bobachai

A N A M A Z O N B E S T S E L L E R ORIGINALLY 27.2M READS ON WATTPAD! SAMPLE OF DRAFT MANUSCRIPT... More

i
ii
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
+
+
001
002
003
004
005

04

48.7K 1.2K 345
By bobachai

Finding out that we were moving, a month ago, had never had me day dreaming about a lot of things.

On most parts i'd wanted to let the mystery continue, because the less I daydreamed the less disappointed it would be.

I'd forgotten that the less I daydreamed the more shocked I'd be too.

What had occurred three days ago though seemed like a very good candidate for a perfect daydream. A historical Lord like being had descended from the heavens above and had talked to me, had held my hand.

I would have thought myself crazy but the marks that remained from his grip on my arm acted as proof that I had in fact talked to the epitome of every girls fascination and imagination when they read a historical romance.

There was no way to deny it, Bryce head been a beautiful possible killer.

But truth be told, that wasn't it. His beauty, his charm wasn't exactly the fact that had me so intrigued. There was just something about him. Something just pulled me in. Something warm and comforting. I didn't know what it was... But I found myself back at the swing each day after the end of school. Waiting. And he would come.

Sometimes he would sit in front of the swing, sometimes he would stand at the back and pull. And every day in these past three days all we ever talked about were those tiny things, the likes and dislikes and jobs and dreams.

I'd noticed though Bryce had seemed to avoid some of the questions and although normally that would have me alert, I didn't know why but I couldn't bring myself to suspect him. And then I'd spend my nights telling myself how much of an idiot I am.

The same sound of a bats cry ran through the woods reminding me of the setting sun, like everyday, and I slumped in the swing a little.

Again I'd sat on the swing again today, hoping maybe he would come. He hadn't. But the day's end had.

My nagging conscience that almost always turned out correct other times couldn't help but warn me, was being this friendly with a stranger being incredibly stupid? And all because he looked really really really handsome?

I sighed as I turned towards the darkening sky and finally got up off the swing.maybe he wouldn't come today.

Each step towards the back door felt like another lump of disappointment had settled in my throat. My feet climbed on the first step, my hand reaching for the door knob, and I stilled when a hand wrapped around mine.

"I'm sorry,"

I stared down at my feet as I let him hold my hand. "What for?"

He took a step closer, his footstep thumping on the patio floor. "Being late,"

"It's almost dark," I shrugged, turning around I looked up into the bright blue pools of ocean that Bryce called his eyes.

A small smile teased the edge of his mouth and he leaned down lower, "I know," he mumbled, curling a strand of hair behind my ear.

Breaking free I made a move towards the back door I reached for the light switch and turned the lights to the patio on. Moving back towards the large man I sat on the patio bench, "How was your day?"

"Profitable. How was school?"

I shrugged, "Educational."

Bryce smirked and began striding towards me, he dropped on the sofa beside me. It felt strangely good. This was the first time we'd actually sat somewhere together. Beside each other.

"You're angry,"

I was. A little. I shook my head. "No, I'm not."

Bryce's smirk widened, "Yes, you are."

Looking at him smirk I slumped in my seat. "Okay, a little." I admitted in a small voice.

Bryce edged closer and for the first time moved his hands over my shoulder, I stilled. All the gnawing questions in my mind suddenly just slipping it in one go.

"Are you engaged? Married? In a relationship? Do you have a kid? Or kids? Are you really even twenty four?" I blurted out hurriedly as I asked him the questions I'd been wanting to ask him for days.

Bryce stilled beside me and his grip on my shoulder tightened. I cringed a little at his strength.

"No. No. Maybe. No. No. Yes."

Maybe...

"So... It's complicated?" I mumbled out slowly, my mind on his relationship status. So there was another girl.

"Yes,"

Yes...

It was already dark now, the moon was making itself known, another night another silky silver ballgown, dazzling us with its rays.

"Oh..."

I inched out of Bryce's arms and smiled awkwardly when I stood up and turned towards him. "It's getting late, I have to make dinner,"

Frowning slightly Bryce got up, rubbing his hands on his pants. "Want some help?"

Hands on the patio door I opened it up and looked back at a smiling Bryce. I shook my head. He was in a relationship and I didn't want the other girl to feel cheated.

"I'm sorry, but mom said no strangers allowed in the house."

I didn't wait to see Bryce's face or hear his response, moving back quickly I turned away and closed the door behind me. Bolting it locked.

***

Two hours later found me in my room, a cup of forgotten chilled coffee on my study table, I myself lying numb on my bed.

The sound of a car entering the garage settled through the air and I let out a small sigh. Mom and dad were home.

My thoughts waded back to the blue eyed man I'd met for the last time just hours ago. A glance at my grandma's wedding ring had me falling deeper into melancholy because his eyes were so like their shade. Swiss blue topaz.

I closed my eyes shut and turned away. Maybe there was something in Piedmond's water that had every taken guy flirting with other girls. This was second time this has happen to me. First Alex and now Bryce. It hasn't hurt so much with Alex though, but Bryce... despite my closed eyes a tear slipped out to its doom... It hurt more for Bryce.

"Honey we're home!" Mom yelled as I heard the front door shut.

Our home was fairly moderate in size, somewhat leaning towards the large side but the neighborhood was quite quiet during the dying hours of the sun so hearing the front door shut or open was easier during these periods.

Feeling lame for falling into the same trap again I shook my head. Immediately pulling on the happy face. I'd decided I was going to smile until my face hurt.

"Hey mom! Hey dad! I'm just up in my room going to do some homework alright?" I yelled as I stuck my head out of head out of the door way, waiting for a reply.

"Okay sweety! We will let you know when dinner is ready! I feel like Grilled chicken tonight! What say?" Dad yelled back.

Despite my smile another revel year slipped out and I shook it away with an image of dad seated on a high chair.

I could practically picture him sitting on the high chair, placing his glasses aside and watching mum as she stretched out a bit before cooking. It had been twenty years since their marriage, but their love was still very apparent.

I wanted that. Whenever I saw them holding hands on sneaking kisses when they thought I wasn't watching or when dad whispered into mums ear and she turned red before swatting his arm. Yes, I wanted that.

I sighed and called back a reply to dad. "Sure dad! Chicken sounds great! Let me know if you guys need help!"

Maybe someday I will find my very own Mr. Soulmate.

A pair of blue pools flashed before my eyes but I chased them away.

Not him...

Still mentally scolding myself for acting so stupidly I walked into the bathroom.

A shower was in order.

***

I smacked the laptop shut before picking up the papers that had just been printed. A 5000 word essay, done and compiled.

Stapling the papers together I placed them into the file and padded my way to bed. I sighed in content as I slumped down and my sore, strained back eased up.

English essay, done.

Damn I need to take posture lessons or something. This back pain is horrible!

Beside me, my phone flashed up instantly catching my attention.

"Oh lord" I muttered as I reached for the phone and unlocked it.

I know you're mad. I know you're thinking that I'm a dick but I swear It I don't love Diandra! It's just.. Please just give me a chance to explain myself properly? Tomorrow, after school. Let me drive you home? Please! - Alex.

"What a dick!" I muttered, moving back to my messages section. I kind of felt bad for Diandra, I mean sure her souls seemed to be made up of castor oil, squids and everything nasty. But surely she did not deserve to have her boyfriend cheat on her! Alex was wrong.

Deciding to avoid Alex from now onwards I tapped onto 'Create Messages' and typed up a text to Casey. It had been days and I missed her badly. I made a sure note to invite her over for holidays.

A beep sounded through the room and I tapped on it eagerly thinking it to be Casey.

Please Theia. I apologise. I just want friendship. Nothing more. Even Matthew kinda hates me now. Please just... Text me back? -Alex

My eyes stopped at Matthew and I sighed. I didn't exactly want friends fighting because of me. Just then I noticed a reply from Casey and my face brightened.

And you remember me now? I WANT TO SHOOT YOU! How dare you not text me all day! (Am I clingy enough? Are you pissed yet? ;]) Jesus, woman you have to give me a detailed description of that Adonis guy! I am so jealous! By the way, Brian here was asking about you. Said he sent you a request on Facebook (ACCEPT IT I SAY! that boy is a hunk!) text me back as soon as you can! -YourBabyMomma x

I rolled my eyes, barely holding off a chuckle as I typed back her reply before curling up in bed, this time however, thoughts of Bryce didn't come crashed in, my mind too precocious with Alex and Matthew.

"Theia! Dinner is ready sweety!" Mom called out suddenly.

"Oh thank God! I was dying!" I murmured, picking up the plate and cup and then proceeding to make my way downstairs.

Time for some grilled chicken and cheese!

.

.

.

The first thing I noticed as I entered my bedroom was the open window. The night air filled Into the room as a breeze danced past the light airy curtain, binding It together into a waltz. I don't remember opening the window.

Had someone been in here?

I turned to make a sweep around the room when my gaze stilled on the unlocked phone resting on my bed. It's screen showing my wallpaper, the castle.

A shiver ran through my spine. Someone has been in my room a second ago and had been going through my phone. Gulping down bile, I feebly walked towards my bed and picked up my phone for any evidence of what the person would have wanted.

I quickly tapped onto the call log and stilled. There was a missed call from Alex and also a received one. The call had been received only five minutes ago and had lasted for 90 seconds.

So does that mean alex knows who was here?

My hands shaking I moved back and into the messages section. There were new messages from Casey and Alex both unread and yet marked as read. Unread, because I had not read them yet.

That's it. Someone wants to kill you Thi.

As if automatically, my feet pulled me towards the open window. I leaned against it cautiously, trying to make out any moving figure in the woods but the night was stripped bare of the moonlight and the woods looked nothing but a dark game of snake and ladder. Where there were more snakes than ladders.

A howl rang out through the air and I instantly stilled.

Nobody had told me these woods had wolves. Oh god, wild wolves could be highly unpredictable!

As if the fear in me bubbled beyond the extreme I quickly grasped onto the window to shut It down but stopped when my gaze fell on a looming figure on the balcony of the castle. It's silhouette slightly illuminated by the castle lights, the man turned and leaned onto the balcony, facing straight at me and then as if without a second doubt, jumped right off of the 4th floor!

A shrill scream ripped out of my lips as I stared at the same spot, now empty! My heart, beating frantically. A man had just jumped off of the castle balcony! A man had just... What the hell had just happened?!

Everything seemed silent, even the crickets ceased to chirp and I still stood there staring at the spot the man had jumped off of.

Why would someone do that?

A deadly howl rang through the night, and I almost peed my pants. It wasn't every night you could hear a wolf howling! And that too right after someone sneaked into your room!

Come to think of it... Maybe I should call Alex?

"Honey! Honey are you okay?"

Whirling around I came face to face with my parents, their panicked face settling into a curious look when their eyes landed on me.

I shook my head. "Everything is fine guys, I just screamed because an owl just flew into the window."

"An owl?" Mom cocked an eyebrow up, looking suspicious.

"The window?" Dad followed.

"Honey, do we need to give you 'the talk'?" Mom cringed as she made quote marks with her fingers. Dad looked like he wanted to hide.

Despite my fear and rotten mood I smiled, shaking my head at the two.
"No guys, it's alright. Honest."

Looking a little sceptical mom nodded, dad however smiled at evading the talk.

"Alright, if you say so, fuzzy."

The sound of the door close echoed around the room and turning towards the window again I roughly closed it before glancing at my iPhone. I pressed a call to Alex.

The ring went twice before Alex picked up.

"Hello?" I mumbled, crossing my fingers on him being honest.

"Theia! Oh my god it's you! I thought that guy was going to murder me!"

Guy?! So there was a guy in my room! Should I tell Alex I didn't know who he was talking about? No... Play along Thi.

"What happened?" I asked him, trying to sound as calm and concerned as I could.

The phone was silent for a bit, and I frowned as I pressed my ears against the cellphone trying to hear the background voices.

Why isn't he replying?

"I really wanted to talk to you so I called you... The first time no one accepted the call. So I tried again. A man picked up."

I heard as my voice hitched in my throat, my grip tightened on my cellphone.

It was official. I had a stalker.

"And?" I urged him to continue.

"And he told me to leave you alone or he would kill me and how you belonged to him. He sounded very deadly. You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend Theia" Alex's voice sounded a little bitter by the end of his reply but I ignored that. I didn't care whether he was bitter. However, the fact still remained that someone had been in my room, had called me his.

"That's because I don't. Thanks Alex. See you tomorrow," I mumbled back, distracted by what Alex had just told me.

Who could it be? I barely knew anyone. And who could climb the mountain to get to my room? No.. It seemed impossible.

But then... Who had picked up?

Suddenly the ground began to move and the walls twirled around me.The lights kept on fluctuating from Dim to bright. And then... nothing.

The last thing I felt was the sharp pang as my head collided to the floor.

***

A groan left my slightly chapped lips and I rubbed my eyes, trying to rid of the last pieces of darkness. The softness under me seemed inviting, as if coaxing me to stay. But I couldn't... I had school.

Getting up and moving against the headboard I finally decided to open my—wait... headboard?

Where the hell am I?!

Immediately my eyes shot open and the familiar soft cream walls welcomed my still jaded vision.

What was I doing in bed? The last thing I remembered was ... Oh my god I fainted! How did I get in bed?

I clutched my hair with both my hands.

Relax Thi, it must have been dad. He checks up on you occasionally. He must have put you to bed. Calm down.

A sigh of relief left my lips as I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom.

Walking out of the bathroom I marched my way to the closet, all the while humming the tune to "Million Dollar Man by Lana Del Rey".

Avoiding the heaps of lingerie mum had thrusted my way ever since I've turned seventeen, I picked out my plain white cotton panty and a matching white bra. Slipping it on I then proceeded to don on dark blue washed skinny jeans and a plain white V-necked long sleeve top.

"Keeping it simple today Theia" I mumbled to myself as I quickly brushed down my hair before pulling it up in a messy bun. Smacking on some lip balm and winged eyeliner, I grabbed onto my essentials and files before marching downstairs.

"Good morning Thi!" Matthew beamed at me as I walked into the kitchen with a very confused look on.

Mom grinned at me, wiggling her eyebrows as she motioned to Matthew, who was busy happily munching on the french toast on his plate.

Mom loved cooking, her love for food kept her trying out new things and creating her own versions, whereas her passion for looking good usually kept her running for hours at a time after eating a hefty meal.

Often times I found myself wishing I was like her, but apparently walking around for five minutes cut it for me. I couldn't work out to save myself.

"Hi Matthew," I smiled as I slipped onto a high chair beside him and mom immediately passed me a plate full of French toast and coffee.

I smiled a thanks to her before proceeding to munch on the delicious toast.

"Hey!" I yelled suddenly when a chuckling Matthew stole a large gulp of coffee from my cup.

"Sorry, I finished mine." he shrugged sheepishly, and my mother, who I had forgotten was observing our every move, giggled like a love struck teenager.

God, that's it, I'm going to get the talk about the birds and bees again. For the tenth time!

I rolled my eyes. "Clearly!"

"So dad finally got me that Jeep Cherokee I wanted. I payed the down payment though," Matthew mumbled as he managed to steal a piece of my french toast. What's it with this boy and stealing my food!

I narrowed my eyes and glared at him.

"Mine." I muttered stubbornly as I popped the last bit of toast into my mouth and gave him a very wide smile.

"You're weird Anderson," Matthew muttered, looking at me with a weird look.

"Same to you Jefferson." I grinned back. I quickly gulped down the remaining coffee and made my way to the sink.

"Can we go now?"

"Sure!" I chirped up. I waved a goodbye to mom and flinging my backpack over my shoulder I quickly rushed behind him as he made his way to the black beauty standing outside.

Damn this vehicle looks amazing!

*

"So what's the equation between you and Alex?"

I shot my head towards Matthew as he continued to look onwards at the road, his face free of any emotions.

"We had a fall out."

"What, when he tried to kiss you but didn't tell you about Diandra, and is now begging for your forgiveness like a mad man because he suddenly finds himself liking you?"

I stared at Matthew wide eyed. How could he know these things? Was he—no no.

Matthew turned towards me and smiled.

"He actually texted me instead of you last night."

Ohh!

I shrugged. " I don't care. It doesn't matter actually. But I don't appreciate him attempting to cheat on the girl. No matter how awful she is."

I smirked at Matthew as he chuckled at me and shook his head.

"You're unlike anyone I know Theia Anderson,"

"Well it's an honor Matthew Issac Jefferson." I replied in my British woman impression. Matthew turned to give me a sour face when I mentioned Issac, that made me giggle.

I took a quick glimpse at my wrist watch and smiled.

7.45AM.

Loads of time to have a library session.

As Matthew turned the car around the corner I sneaked a glance at him.

His brown hair was styled to form a slight quiff today, the low lights on the tips of some of his hair shining blonde as the light touched them. He had a stubborn jaw, paired with that beauty spot I knew he possessed in the left of his cheek. It was adorable. His warm brown eyes glowed red under sunlight. Usually glasses hid the beauty of the eyes, but the nerd glasses Matthew wore today actually made them look more cute and innocent.

Now I knew why the female population of Rosenberg High fancied Matthew I. Jefferson so much. The guy was the perfect blend of adorable and badass.

"Are you done staring at me?" Matthew chuckled.

Oh shit!

I quickly glanced away as I felt the heat on my cheeks rising. Damn it! He had caught me staring at him!

"Er... Shut up!" I retorted lamely.

"Alright Alright," Matthew chuckled again as he drove into the school parking lot and found an empty spot.

"And we are here!" He declared, as he removed his keys from the ignition and turned towards me and smiled.

Maybe I should talk about Marley to him?

I knew It could ruin her image in front of him but hey, it could also help her out! Well worth a try I suppose!

"So... Erm... I had to talk to you about something!" I chirped up, cautious still of whether I should tell him or not.

"Yeahh?" Matthew drawled. Still smiling at me.

"What do you think about Marley?" I asked him... Trying to read any expressions I could get from him.

His smile faltered a bit. Oh shit!

But then gained its original position again. Hope!

"She is a great girl, she's pretty too." Matthew replied.

He thinks she is pretty! Progress!

"So... Er... ITotallyThinkYouShouldTakeHerOutSometime!"

Matthew stilled.

Crap! You ruined it Thi!

"I'm sorry Thi... I... She isn't my type. And my friend Keith likes her." Matthew mumbled, looking down at his palms, as if disappointed.

I frowned, curious. "Well what is your type?"

Matthew looked up at me for a bit, before returning his gaze back on his palm.

"Well, spit it out. Come on tell Mama Thi." I said.

He sighed.

"The girl I would want will have brown hair, and shiny hazel eyes, her lips would be as pink as a baby's without applying those glosses girls apply now days. And when she would blush, her nose would also turn the color of a tomato. She'd be simple and sweet and innocent. And when we'll hug, her head will tuck underneath my chin, she will be that tiny.—" he stopped and chuckled, "—Her laugh will be the brightest thing in my world and she'll love books, just like me. Yep, that's my type of a girl"

I stared at Matthew.

"And here I thought I had high expectations!" I blurted out, and instantly gasped, slamming a hand over my mouth.

God Theia! Filter that mouth of yours! What if he takes offense!

Matthew passed me a light chuckle.

"I guess I do have high expectations" he replied and got out, closing the door shut behind him.

Damn it.

I followed his lead as I got out and closed the door shut before walking into step with Matthew who locked his van up and proceeded towards the school.

"I'm sorry!" I mumbled as my hand found the back of his shirt.

Looking back, he smiled. Shaking his head.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it."

Turning around, he walked away and I stood there. Rooted to my spot.

Oh well. I am coming my beloved Library! At least you don't get mad at me and my bluntness.

.

.

.

"Can you quit ruining the quotes from Hamlet," Marley demanded as she slammed a palm against her forehead.

I wiggled my eyebrows and popped my tongue out.

"To pee, or not to pee, that is the question!" I mock cried out quite loudly, forgetting that the English class was in progress and Mr. Harway was currently grading our homework, yes it had been an assignment. Too bad for kids who skipped though.

Rounds of laugher and giggles surrounded me and I gasped and looked around the room, even Mr. Harway seemed to have heard!

"You may go to the washroom if you need to Miss. Anderson." he spoke up, a mischievous smile still on his face.

Oh lord the old man...

I nodded and cussing myself for the embarrassment I'd caused myself slumped back into my chair. There was no way I was going to the washroom in this class, no way!

"So, you came with Matthew today, didn't you? I heard he has a new Jeep. I was thinking of finally asking him, you know?" Marley whispered shyly.

Crap! Matthew... I turned around a bit and instantly locked eyes with him.

Shit! I hope he didn't hear Marley!

Giving him a soft smile I quickly turned to face Marley.

"I asked him today,about maybe asking you. " I whispered back, slightly nervous on how she was going to receive the news.

"OMG, what did he say?" Marley whispered back, grabbing hold of my arm and pulling me closer.

Mr. Harway looked up at us but smiled when he saw me. I frowned at the thirty two year old man.

"He said you're pretty, but he doesn't like you like that, he has a different type. Plus—uh—his friend likes you." I mumbled back after a slight pause.

Gosh, I hope she doesn't take it to heart or something!

"Oh... And then what did you say. Which friend?" Marley whispered back, her voice sounding sad.

I glanced at her but she looked expressionless so I continued.

"Are you okay? Well... I asked him what his type was then. Andorra can't tell you the guys' name. Wait till he approaches you."

"And?" Marley urged.

I sighed. "Honestly?"

"Go on!" Marley urged me, pulling me closer.

"Please, don't change yourself for him."

She sighed. "okay... Now tell me"

"Well, brown hair, Hazel eyes, she should like food , she should love reading and when she will blush her nose should resemble a tomato, oh and she should be tiny... Like reach up to his chin or something"

I quickly glanced at her to find her staring at me with a weird face.

"Are you okay?" I asked Marley, concerned.

She smiled. "Yes... And hopefully he asks that girl out soon."

She knows who he was talking about?

"You know who she is?!"

She smiled and nodded.

"We-"

Just then there was a knock on the door and Mr. Bishop walked into the class. He and Mr. Harway whispered amongst themselves before they both faced us, an excited look on their faces. Well on Mr. Harway's face anyway. Mr. Bishop wasn't much for smiling or stuff. In fact he reminded me of Professor Snape.

"Well as you all might know, we are to make a class trip to the Castle of Dovelore." Mr Bishop spoke out, instantly silencing the whole class. I suppose everyone wanted to visit the castle.

I felt a glare on the side of my face and turned just in time to catch Diandra give me the evil eyes, before pulling Blonde closer—who was giving me apologetic looks of his own.

I narrowed my eyes at her before looking back at Mr. Bishop. They didn't deserve my time of the day anyway.

"The visit has been rescheduled and will now be on the 18th of this month. As you all know, one lucky student will get a full time scholarship to any college he or she may obtain an admission to. And another lucky student will have the privilege of spending his or her Summer Break in the castle, should he or she wish to do so. The lucky student will also have the castle library and grounds at their disposal. Let me just hint out that it is a very good opportunity to have brilliant literatures and resources in aiding with your projects. The first settlement in Peidmont City. Remember, the more detailed the better! Mr. Harway will explain more on this topic! You all have about two weeks at hand, please be equipped by then!" Mr. Bishop informed us, and with a clipped smile, walked out of the class.

Everybody turned to face Mr. Harway.

I suppose everyone was interested in spending their summer at Castle Dovelore, I mean I sure was.

"Okay guys, so, the student for the scholarship will be chosen as per their grades. So you guys better be wishing you did that homework well."

"What about the student who get to spend their Summer break there?" I asked, truly curious. I wanted that library's resources.

Mr. Harway smiled. "Planning on being that student Miss. Anderson?"

Diandra snorted beside me. I turned to glare at her.

"The books and the library do sound tempting, Sir" I mumbled back, smiling slightly.

Plus I needed to find out about that man who jumped to his death.

Mr. Harway nodded, seeming content with my answer.

"The student will be chosen by Mr. Wilhem."

This seemed to grab all the girls' attention.

Kendall the school—player instantly shot her hand up. "Mr. Harway, will you please tell us something about Mr. Wilhem. I mean we should, like, get to know who our host will be, right?"

Ugh. These girls.

Mr. Harway looked at her with a slight frown before continuing.

"Mr. Wilhem is a 24-year-old-year-old multi-billionaire entrepreneur and owner of a whole lot of Cooperate Businesses. He also apparently, holds the title of Dukedom, inherited from his father, also he is British, obviously, and has just freshly graduated from Oxford."

"Woah!"

I clamped a hand over my mouth as I realized I had said that out loud.

Moron.

"Any particular interest in Mr. Wilhem, Miss Anderson?" Mr. Harway asked me, cocking an eyebrow up.

The class Barbie dolls snickered at his question causing my blush to deepen.

"I—"

"It's alright Miss. Anderson, I'm sure half of the students thought Mr. Wilhem would end up being a 52-year-old man with a large belly and a broken nose."

I nodded. Thankful he did not press me to answer. It was the truth, I had in fact thought of Mr. Wilhem to be old. And here he was... so young?

I wonder how this Duke happens to look like...

"Probably scrawny and eek!" Marley giggled from beside me.

I face palmed myself. " I said that out loud didn't I?"

Marley giggled. "Yes, you did."

MORON!

.

.

.

Thanking Matthew for the ride home, I walked into the kitchen with the intention of going back to the swing. I didn't know why I was going there, because it was obvious Bryce wasn't going to come anymore. Nor did I want him to. But he had still managed to terrorise most of my thoughts all through out the day. It was only natural I suppose... He had become a friend in the last couple of days.

And I knew that even though I missed him and he had become a friend, he was taken. So I gave myself a month to fully forget about him and move on with one of my fictional lovers. Hoping whole heartedly that that would work.

Slipping out into the pack patio, I made my way into the beautiful bench surrounded by the roses. The swing seemed inviting, but I really just wanted to be under the roses. They were beautiful.

The wooden bench seemed harsh against my skin as I sat on it... The cushions, however, provided the softness I needed. Easing myself into the bench, I lay on my side, my eyes on the swing.

Secretly I was waiting. I knew. Maybe he wanted to explain. I shook my head. I was being pathetic.

But still, I waited, and waited, and waited.

He never showed.

What did show, however, was sleep.

So with the last hope gone, I let my eyes close. A quick nap would do no harm... Besides, the roof over the seat was covered with glass. So, no problem.

'This bench isn't bad after all' was my last thought as I finally let myself go...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 319 15
In a world where werewolves are known to be a myth but are realer than the air we breathe, Annabelle's world comes crumbling down after the death of...
2.4M 56.6K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
12.2K 584 52
This book is for all the girls who want to be an angel in the street but a hellion beneath the sheet. Prepared to be treated like a good girl, but fu...
158K 4.9K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...