Last Hope | ↠Dick Grayson/Nig...

Od GothamGirlx

There has been a recent uprise in crime in the city recently. People are afraid. Nowhere is safe anymore. Wit... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 24

2.2K 82 11
Od GothamGirlx

"Okay, I've hacked into the surveillance on the building. There are only two armed men at the entrance and two more on the inside with Dent. Do you think you can handle them, Tim?" You asked.

"I know I can."

Tim soon appeared on your screen and swiftly took out the two guards at the entrance. 

"Be careful when you go inside, the only working camera is the one in the room where Batman and Nightwing are being held, I can't tell if there will be any more on your way."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be fine. I can already hear Dent." He whispered. 

There was a long moment of silence. You wiped away the beads of sweat that were forming on your forehead. You were the most afraid of them all, you dreaded what the consequences would be if this didn't work out perfectly.

You were interrupted from your spiralling when you saw Tim creep into the main room behind Two-Face and his thugs. He quickly began to fight the thugs, expertly dodging Two-Face's bullets in the meantime. Batman stared in shock and Nightwing's bowed head looked up with a small smirk on his bleeding lips. 

He eventually managed to take out the villains, however not as seamlessly as he had done beforehand. He was so worn out that you had to remind him that Batman and Nightwing were still tied up. Once the ropes had been cut, the men received their utility belts from where Two-Face had been holding them captive. 

They tied up Two-Face and his thugs and you called the GCPD. Before leaving, you saw Batman place a hand on Tim's shoulder, you couldn't hear what was said but the surveillance showed Tim wearing a wide smile as they made their way back.

The three shortly arrived and Alfred quickly tended to Bruce's wounds.

"(Y/N), are you responsible for what happened with Tim?" He asked sternly.

"Yes." You replied with confidence.

"Good call."

"Thank you." You said calmly, as you did a mental victory dance as a huge weight had been lifted off your shoulders.

You left Bruce to talk with Tim as you helped Dick with his injuries in the medical bay. 

"How does it feel?" You asked.

His bare torso displayed an array of newly formed purple bruises and dried blood. 

"It looks worse than it feels." He flashed a grin with his blood-stained lips.

"Hmm, I'm sure." You said, unconvinced, as you cleaned and glued his injury.

Tim came rushing towards you, "Bruce just said there might be a chance that I could have the potential to be a Robin! He's going to train me to see if I can ever go back out in the field again." 

"That's great Tim," You smiled giving him a hug. "Now go catch up on some well-earned rest!"

He obliged and it wasn't long before you too had fallen into a deep sleep.

The next eight months had flown by, you had just gotten yourself promoted to branch manager at the Blüdhaven Wayne Tech and Tim had recently taken to the streets of Gotham as the third Robin. He would come to visit you every few weeks for waffles and advice from Dick on how to gain Bruce's trust, you soon began to see him as a younger brother. 

"Franklin Accardo," Dick announced into your earpiece. "Single bullet to the head, most likely sniped from a nearby rooftop, it's the same M.O. as the others. Cross-reference him with the other victims. There has to be something that links them."

"Sorry D, there's nothing here of great significance," you replied as your eyes scanned the documents displayed on your screen. 

"Accardo. Why is that name so familiar?" Dick though aloud.

"Here, I think I've found something. The victim's brother, Anthony Accardo was recently released from Blackgate, after only serving two weeks of a sentence that should have lasted ten years. He was a member of a criminal group called the 'Blüdhaven Six'. Have you heard of them?"

"No, they must have kept a low profile while Blockbuster and Black Mask were competing to rule the criminal underworld. How does this link with the other victims though?"

"Lisa Mendes' fiancé, Robert Lund  visited Accardo twice while he was imprisoned-"

"The killer must be targeting the close ones of the members of the Blüdhaven Six. Can you get me Lund's address?"

"It's 102 Morris Avenue."

"Thanks babe, speak to you soon."

You watched as the small glowing red dot quickly moved its way across the city to the given location.

You lowered the volume of your earpiece as Dick violently interrogated the new lead, and you tried to make yourself useful as you looked further into the histories of the other victims, trying to make more connections to the Blüdhaven Six. As you dug deeper into the dark web, you realised that the Blüdhaven Six ran a low-key drug and weapon dealership in the city, however since both Blockbuster and Black Mask were incarcerated,  they have been expanding their operations. 

"Hey (Y/N), mind calling the BPD to that address? Turns out Lund has been up to some super illegal stuff."

"Yeah, of course. What did he say?"

"The Blüdhaven Six stole a shit-tonne of money from Black Mask once he was put out of the picture and they took over some of his operations. So, naturally, Black Mask hired an assassin to kill their families from prison. Only one member of the gang is left unharmed, Antony Kincaid. Find who may be the assassin's next target based on his family members etc."

"Okay," you quickly typed in the name and scanned through your databases. "Here, his mother, but she lives with his ex in Coast City."

"Accardo was only killed earlier this evening, there wouldn't be enough time to travel across the country."

"Yeah, you're right, give me a minute." It took a couple of minutes of frantic typing but you found the birth record of his daughter dated fourteen years ago. "He has a daughter, she was put into foster care after her mother died from addiction and her father was ruled unfit for parenting after his involvement with gang violence."

"Sounds like a perfect target for sending a message. Let's just hope that I can get there in time."

An hour had passed before you heard his voice again. "Turns out, Black Mask had Deadshot on his payroll; he's being transported to Blackgate now."

"Another point scored for the good guys. Tell me you're coming home." You tiredly demanded.

"I'll see you soon. I love you." He disconnected his comms.

 The sound of your heart drumming in your chest filled your ears and your face quickly grew hot. I love you. You have always been a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words but the sound of those words smoothly rolling off Dick's lips left a burning sensation in your core and a smile that could not easily be wiped away.

You changed into your favourite Blüdhaven PD shirt, which was now so overworn the cheap, scratchy cotton felt like a smooth silk. Its scent was the perfect blend of that of you and Dick, as you made him wear it from time to time in order to maintain the perfect equilibrium. 

You were half-asleep by the time Dick joined you in bed, he loosely wrapped his arm around your torso and left small kisses on the back of your neck. The shiver that rippled through your spine fully awaked you. You turned to face him and greeted him with a small kiss.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He spoke softly.

"I wasn't asleep."

He nuzzled into your neck and took a long, exaggerated sigh.

"Is there something on your mind, Birdboy?"

"I just told my girlfriend that I loved her but she didn't say it back," he sighed.

You rolled him over so you were straddled on top of him, his shoulders trapped between your arms. Your hair fell onto his face, making him gently stroke the locks behind your ears. You softly kissed Dick's pouted lips, and watched as the corners of his mouth slowly upturned. Your thumb stroked the highest point of his defined cheekbones, tracing a small scar which was only visible when looking closely. You admired his face, the unevenness in his jaw due to the years of the fight, the volume and length of the eyelashes you were ever so envious of, and his dilated sapphire eyes.

"I love you." You whispered subconsciously; though you meant every word.

Dick ran his hands through your hair until he reached the back of your head and gently lowered your lips to meet his. 

"I know. I just like to hear you say it." You didn't open your eyes but you could feel his smirk on your lips. 

You chuckled into the kiss, then rolled over so Dick's arm tightly held your back against his chest, and buried his head in the crook of your neck. His hand was placed over yours, you intertwined your fingers and kissed his newly bruised knuckles goodnight. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.2K 142 10
Barbara Gordon never wished for any of this; the secrets, the lies she told to her police commissioner father. Of the ways she spent her night, prowl...
6.8K 237 21
Can you ever really 'start fresh'? I mean, you can try. You can change your name, move halfway across the country. But the things you did are still w...
10.2K 372 22
With nothing to amount up to, Sara lives a dull and boring life. Until she meets Gotham's famous Dark Knight and his arch enemy, The Joker. Becoming...
2.9K 169 57
What happens when a girl off the streets of Gotham is saved by a Robin with a promise to keep? Lyla has been alone most of life. She's never had fam...