Delighted To Love You: A Dram...

By HP4lyfe2020

This is the sequel to Fated to Love You and picks up right after the birth of Draco and Hermione's first chil... More

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 2: Chapter 1
Part 2: Chapter 2
Part 2: Chapter 3
Part 2: Chapter 4
Part 2: Chapter 5
Part 3: Intro
Part 3: Chapter 1
Part 3: Chapter 2
Part 3: Chapter 3
Part 3: Chapter 4
Part 3: Chapter 5
Part 3: Chapter 6
Part 3: Chapter 7
Part 3: Chapter 8
Part 3: Chapter 9
Part 3: Chapter 10
Part 3 Chapter 11
Part 3: Chapter 12
Part 3: Chapter 13
Part 3: Chapter 14
Part 3: Chapter 15
Part 3: Chapter 16
Part 3: Chapter 17
Part 3: Chapter 18
Part 3: Chapter 19
Part 3: Chapter 20
Part 3: Chapter 21
Part 3: Chapter 22
Epilogue
Part 4: Bonus Chapters
Part 4: Chapter 2
Part 4: Chapter 3
Part 4: Chapter 4
EXCITING NEWS!!
Part 4: Chapter 5
Part 4: Chapter 6
Part 4: Chapter 7
Part 4: Chapter 8
Part 4: Chapter 9
Part 4: Chapter 10
Part 4: Chapter 11
Part 4: Chapter 12
Part 4: Chapter 13
Part 4: Chapter 14

Part 4: Chapter 1

4.6K 129 42
By HP4lyfe2020

ARIES: PART 1

Aries - 29 

Eloise - 28 

Makayla - 5

May 2028 

"Aries are you finished with your breakfast?" Eloise asked, putting some fruit on the table in front of Makayla.

When he didn't respond, Makayla looked up at Eloise with a frown. "Mummy why is daddy ignoring you?"

"He's not ignoring me baby girl. Whatever's he's reading in the Prophet must be very interesting."

"Huh?" Aries asked without looking up.

Eloise shook her head with a smile as the doorbell rang. She waddled to the door rubbing her very large baby bump and humming. She opened the door to see a young woman in a tattered cloak, with dark brown hair standing on her porch. Her cheeks were sunken in and her eyes bloodshot.

"May I help you?" Eloise asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must have the wrong house. I was told Aries Meyers lived here."

Eloise frowned and folded her arms across her chest. "Aries is my husband."

Shock registered on the young woman's face. "Aries is married?"

Eloise huffed. "Happily. What business do you have with my husband?" She peered at the girl more closely and her eyes widened.

Eloise gasped and covered her mouth as Aries poked his head into the entryway. "Who's at the door babe?"

He frowned and walked over to her when she didn't respond. "Babe? Who is it?"

He looked at the woman on the porch and his eyes clouded with anger. "Melissa."

Tears streamed down Melissa's face. "Aries I--"

"You have some fucking nerve showing up here. What the fuck are you doing here?" he asked, stepping in front of Eloise.

Eloise placed her hand on Aries' shoulder. "Honey, calm down--"

"You want me to calm down Eloise?! This bitch promised me I'd never see her again," he spat venomously. "At least that's what she said as I begged her to reconsider. She laughed at me and left with her jackass--"

"Mummy?"

Aries and Eloise turned and saw Makayla standing in the hallway clutching her teddy bear.

"Why is daddy so angry?"

Melissa gasped on the porch and Aries and Eloise turned back to look at her.

Eloise left Aries' side and picked up Makayla as best she could at eight months pregnant. "Daddy's not having a good morning so he's a bit cross. Why don't you and I go get dressed and we can visit Remus at his gramma's house?"

"E put her down, she can walk," Aries said tiredly.

Eloise put Makayla back down and took her hand. "Aries why don't you invite our guest in and talk in your office?" She said tightly, trying not to react in front of Makayla.

"What?! You can't be serious--"

Eloise cleared her throat and pointed at Makayla who was staring at her father, her blue eyes wide with curiosity. "Aries don't be impolite. Or I'll call your mother."

He snorted as his wife and daughter trudged up the stairs singing. If Makayla's biological mother wasn't standing on his porch, he would have thought Eloise had given birth to Makayla herself, they looked so much alike. Both of them had their long blonde hair in messy buns on top of their heads and were wearing matching nightgowns with dragons on them.

Melissa cleared her throat and Aries' gaze fell on her once more. He groaned and motioned for her to come inside. "Take your shoes off or Eloise will have a fit."

Melissa quickly pulled her shoes off and Aries took her cloak from her and hung it up. He beckoned for her to follow him down the hallway and into his office. He closed the door behind them and took the seat behind his desk without saying a word. Melissa sat down in the chair opposite him and wrung her hands nervously.

The only sound in the room came from the clock ticking on the wall. Aries glared at her from his seat as the silence dragged on.

Melissa took a deep breath. "Well?"

Aries' frown deepened. "Well what? You're the one who showed up at my house uninvited after you said I'd never see you again."

"I know," she said quietly.

"What do you want? Are you here to try to take Makayla from me? Because if you are--"

She quickly shook her head. "No. I don't want her. I meant what I said when I left. I didn't and still don't want children."

Aries felt his heart break for his daughter when she said that but he didn't allow the pain to show on his face. "Then what do you want?"

"I missed you--"

"Bullshit Melissa. What do you want?"

"It's true!" She was crying again. "I know you don't believe me but I love you."

"I loved you once too. Now, I can't stand the sight of you," he sneered. "And I know that wouldn't bring you all the way here to see me. Now. I only let you in at the request of my wife who is far too kind. So I'll ask you one more time before I throw you out of my house. What. Do. You. Want?"

"Do I know your wife Aries? Her name sounds familiar," Melissa said, leaning back in the chair. She snapped her fingers. "Is it Empty-headed Eloise? Eloise Van Herrick from Hogwarts? She was a year behind us?"

"She's not empty-headed. And her name is Eloise Meyers now, but yes," he said through his teeth.

There was a knock at the door of his office. "Come in."

Hermione walked in studying a file that she was carrying. "Good morning sweetheart. I'm headed to Paris for a meeting but I wanted to ask you about this report you submitted before I leave so I floo'd over--" She looked up and halted when she saw Melissa sitting in front of his desk.

"Hello Mrs. Malfoy," Melissa said timidly.

Hermione glanced over at Aries and saw the pain on his face. She frowned. "Melissa. I didn't think I'd ever see you again. What are you doing here?"

Aries stood up. "She's leaving."

"No wait! Aries please!"

"What the hell do you want Melissa?!"

She looked nervously over at Hermione.

Hermione took the hint. "I think I'll go say hello to my granddaughter and daughter in law. It was, um, nice to see you Melissa. Take care."

Melissa turned back to Aries and took a deep breath. "My mother is ill. And doesn't have much time left to live. We've reconciled and she wants to meet the little girl."

"Absolutely not," Aries said angrily.

"Come on Aries! You would deny a dying woman her last wish?"

"I will if it means I don't have to do a favor for the woman who can't even remember her daughter's name."

"She's not my daughter," Melissa said coldly.

"You're absolutely right. She's not! All the more reason to deny your asinine request!"

"Please Aries. I've spent everything I have trying to help my mother get better. I have nothing left in my vault at Gringotts and I lost my job because I've spent so much time with my mother at St. Mungo's. I have nothing left to offer her. She's been alone since my father died last year. Please."

Aries frowned. "It's time for you to leave Melissa."

Her face fell. "Okay. But please think about it. You don't have to tell the little girl who my mum is. Mum knows the situation. Owl me if you change your mind."

He nodded and walked her to the door. Eloise and Makayla were coming down the stairs at the same time laughing. They were matching again, this time in jeans and red jumpers. They came to stand by Aries at the bottom of the stairs.

Melissa hurriedly put on her shoes and was reaching for her cloak when Makayla spoke.

"Daddy aren't you going to help that lady with her cloak?"

Eloise stifled a laugh as Aries reluctantly helped Melissa put her cloak on.

"Mummy that lady looks hungry. Can we give her a sandwich before she leaves?"

Aries groaned inwardly.

Melissa looked over at Makayla with an odd expression somewhere between curiosity and disgust. "I'm okay but thank you anyway."

"Fine. Starve then," Makayla said brusquely. "Mummy I'll be in the kitchen with gramma." She dropped Eloise's hand and walked toward the kitchen.

"Makayla Meyers!" Eloise gasped. "Apologize right this minute!"

Makayla paused and looked Melissa up and down. "No thank you. This lady made daddy cross and doesn't want my sandwich. Can she leave now please?"

Aries smiled as Eloise reprimanded Makayla and ushered her into the kitchen. "I'm sorry about that Melissa; She's usually very polite," Eloise said, coming to stand by Aries.

Melissa grimaced. "It's fine. She's quite...precocious. It was nice seeing you Eloise. Aries, please consider what I've asked."

He nodded once and opened the door for her to leave, slamming it behind her.

"The nerve of that bitch!"

"Aries sweetheart," Eloise said soothingly, rubbing his back. "Just relax. Your mother is going to take Makayla to the Potters' house so you and I can talk."

Aries shook his head with a sigh. "I have to go to work." He kissed her forehead. "You and Makayla go on with the plans you had for the day. I'll come home early and we'll talk."

"Are you sure?" Eloise asked, her brow furrowed with worry.

"Yeah. I'll go get dressed and head out. I'll see you at dinner. I love you." He kissed her and dashed up the stairs.

On his way to the fireplace in the den where he would floo to work, he overheard Makayla and Eloise talking.

"Mummy that lady isn't coming back is she?"

"I'm not sure sweetheart," Eloise replied shakily.

"I sure hope not. She made my daddy sad. I don't like it when daddy's sad," she said in a small voice.

"I know baby girl. You know what makes daddy happy though? Big hugs from you. I bet he hasn't left yet. Why don't you go give him a big hug and kiss before he goes to work?"

Aries smiled as he heard Makayla's little feet padding on the hardwood floor as she ran to find him.

"Daddy!" She said with a bright smile running into his open arms.

"Hi princess," he said, picking her up in his arms.

"Can you give me a smile before you go to work daddy? Your smiles are my favorite thing," she said, placing her small hands on either side of his face.

He glanced over at the doorway where Eloise was standing watching the two of them fondly.

"Of course baby girl," he said, smiling at her before he tickled her tummy, causing her to break into a fit of giggles. "Was that what you were looking for?"

She nodded and buried her face in his shoulder. "Thank you daddy. I love you and I hope you have a good day!"

She jumped out of his arms and ran to Eloise. "Mummy can we go see Remus now?"

Aries shook his head and kissed Eloise again before he left for work.

All day long he was distracted by the conversation he had with Melissa. He was so distracted in his meeting, that his assistant suggested that he reschedule the meeting. How could Melissa expect him to allow her mother to see Makayla when she wouldn't even acknowledge Makayla as her child? Not that that really mattered to him; As far as he was concerned, Eloise was Makayla's mother. He saw no reason to break his daughter's heart by telling her about the mother who didn't want her. Maybe one day when she was older, but certainly not now.

Hermione came by his office after she returned from her meeting in Paris. 

"Hi sweetheart," she called as she entered.

Aries looked up from his desk. "Oh hey mum." He greeted her with a hug before offering her a seat. "Would you like some tea?"

She shook her head. "I'm fine. I just came to see how you were doing after this morning."

Aries laughed mirthlessly. "Pretty shitty to be honest."

"Language Aries," she chastised softly.

"Sorry mum but it's the most accurate description for how I feel. She just shows up out of nowhere after five years asking--" He blew out a deep breath.

"What was she asking? Does she want Makayla?" Hermione asked worriedly.

Aries shook his head. "No. She wants nothing to do with Makayla," he replied sadly. "Her mother is dying and Melissa told her about Makayla. So Melissa wants me to take Makayla to see her."

"Oh," Hermione said.

"Yeah. She said her mother is aware of the situation and we don't have to tell Makayla who she is but I'm not going to take my daughter to see her. I'm not doing Melissa any favors," he said bitterly.

Hermione was pensive for a moment, thinking of how she could best phrase her question. "Aries honey? Are you not going to take Makayla to see this woman because you think that's what's best for Makayla or out of spite against Melissa?"

Aries clenched his jaw. "Both."

Hermione sighed. "Just think about it. I'm not happy with Melissa either but I don't want you to regret saying no later. Talk to Eloise and you two decide together." She got up and walked around his desk to give him a hug and kiss his forehead. "I love you sweetheart. You know where to find me if you need me." 

And with that, she left Aries alone to brood in his office.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter! As always please vote, comment and follow! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 3 30
Immerse yourself in the cozy and enchanting world of Dramione as this heartwarming fanfic unveils the journey from hatred to love, inspired by the st...
88.1K 2.5K 16
Draco turned and smiled at her when he heard her enter the room. "Hello, Hermione." "Can you please stop smiling at me like that?" she snapped. His s...
23.2K 408 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...
176K 4.2K 19
Hermione never thought that she'd end up pregnant and alone, but it seems that she is now stuck in such a predicament. She also never thought that Dr...