Sparks ✔️ EDITING

Por RosaRay2

"I'm not stuck up, I'm a gentleman," he replied, smirking. "Isn't it a dying breed?," I asked, picturing Maso... Mais

P R E F A C E
C H A P T E R 1 | Beyonce Wanna Be Girl
C H A P T E R 2 | Saving the Best To Last
C H A P T E R 3 | Third Wheeling
C H A P T E R 4 | What Are The Odds?
C H A P T E R 5 | Elephant Ears
C H A P T E R 6 | Gentleman
C H A P T E R 7 | Trust
C H A P T E R 8 | I Felt Perfect
C H A P T E R 9 | Pathetic
C H A P T E R 10 | He Broke Me
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
C H A P T E R 46
C H A P T E R 47
C H A P T E R 48
C H A P T E R 49
C H A P T E R 50
C H A P T E R 51
C H A P T E R 52
C H A P T E R 53
C H A P T E R 54
C H A P T E R 55
C H A P T E R 56
C H A P T E R 57
C H A P T E R 58
C H A P T E R 59
C H A P T E R 60
C H A P T E R 61
C H A P T E R 62
C H A P T E R 63
C H A P T E R 64
C H A P T E R 65
C H A P T E R 66
C H A P T E R 67
C H A P T E R 68
C H A P T E R 69

C H A P T E R 26

2K 95 12
Por RosaRay2

Feeling a sickness approaching has to be one of the worst feelings in the world. You can't breathe from your nose, your throat starts becoming scratchy, and you have a massive headache throbbing your ears.

It just ruins your next couple of weeks and you can't really do anything to prevent it from happening , you just take medicine to make the pain easier to deal with. But it doesn't help because no matter what medicine you take, the pain will always try to hurt you.

Dealing with a sickness is one of the toughest things to go through and it just so happens, that I will be going through sickness for my last week of Florida.

Yesterday night I couldn't even keep food down. Every time I would drink water, I would run to the bathroom five seconds later and it was unbearable that I took a sleeping pill to fall asleep faster.

Obviously the pill wasn't strong enough since I woke up at least five times to throw up. My grandma thinks it's food poisoning, but food poisoning wouldn't cause your whole body to go numb and make you want to rip your head off.

Jasmine is sleeping on the couch downstairs because she cannot stand the sight, or the smell of someone getting sick. I don't blame her, it's disgusting. I would do the same thing if it was her throwing up every hour. I am running on three hours of sleep, I cannot drink or eat anything, and I can barely get up without falling to the ground.

My father thinks it's the flu and I agree with him. This sickness comes every year at a random time and each and every time it does, I legit feel like I'm dying. It's even worse when I'm on vacation and want to enjoy the last week in Florida before going to rainy Minnesota.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asked, popping his
head through the door.

"Miserable," I smiled, eyes fluttering closed.

"You look like it," he joked.

"Gee thanks," I replied, weakly throwing a stuffed animal at him.

"You bought a panda bear with you to Florida?" He laughed.

"I actually won this for her at the fair, good memories," Mason interrupted, taking the panda from his hands and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I got to go, promised Caden I'd play video games with him," Jake explained.

"You just got here though," I frowned.

"I'll be back, don't miss me too much," he smirked, glancing at Mason as he walked out.

"What's his problem?" Mason asked. "Maybe his room is too depressing," he added, laughing.

"You try being this sick and make room room look alive," I argued.

"Opening the curtains and window might help," he winked, sliding the blinds upwards along the glass window. "Fresh air helps."

"Why wouldn't this wait until we get to Minnesota," I complained.

"Think about it this way, when you get back to Minnesota, you won't be sick anymore."

"I'd rather be in my own bed and be sick there rather than here," I moaned.

"Have you tried to walk?" Mason asked.

"I only walk when I run to the bathroom," I joked.

"That's technically not walking, that's running," he winked.

"Same thing."

"Not really, but okie dokie artichokie," he laughed.

"Artichokie?"

"Would you rather be called shush-ja-bob?"

"You haven't called me that in ages," I smiled.

"And you used to complain about me calling you that all the time," he teased.

"I'm too tired to complain."

"Slide over," he demanded.

"No, I'm going to get you sick," I screamed, covering myself with the blanket.

"Too bad for me, scoot over," he repeated, forcing me to move to the side.

"Don't make me regret this," I stayed, my head getting heavy.

"Go to sleep," he replied, getting my hair off my face.

Mason's POV

After Isabella fell asleep, I climbed out from beside her and tucked the blanket under her body. I hate seeing her in pain. I wish it was me who was in pain.

As she peacefully slept, her eyelashes rested upon her slightly pink cheeks, her hair was pulled back and she was curled into a ball. How can such a beautiful girl be so alone?

She won't admit it, but a person would have to be very stupid not to see how unhappy she really was.

I wish I could help her. But I don't know how to.

Whenever I'm with her, I feel complete and happy that I'm such close friends with her. Her smile itself can lift my mood no matter how bad I'm feeling; she just brightens my day whenever I see her.

The first time I saw her, I knew I had to talk to her. Something was drawing me towards the Ring Toss and right when I saw Isabella, I knew it was her. Being best friends, changed me for the better and I hope we continue being best friends for the next decade.

However, I know we can't be more that friends. Why? A dog could tell Jake likes her, and who wouldn't? The problem for Jake is that he doesn't know how to tell her. I'm thinking he might have a fear of rejection and if he tells her about how he feels, things might change between them.

Isabella is blind if she can't tell he's been acting different even since she and I made up. The first time I met him at Midway, I immediately saw the way he looks at her. I would ruin him if I got in the way of any possible chance they would have at being together.

Sure, I'll admit I have thought about her and I being a couple but I forced those feeling away. Why? Because Jake and I may not be 'brothers' or even friends, but I can't be the reason for Isabella's unhappiness. She deserves the world and if Jake can give it to her, I'll step out of his way.

"How is she?" Jake asked as I left the room. He just left Caden's room and I'm guessing he was heading to Isabella.

"Asleep," I answered. "She's in bad condition," I added.

"I feel sooo bad," he replied.

"I have a feeling you do."

"Huh?"

"Jake, wait for her to wake up and then talk to her. Don't say three sentences and leave. Actually ah e a conversation; laugh, joke around and just talk. She needs you, be there for her," I explained, patting him on the back. "She needs you more than she needs me," I stated and walked into my room.

Sitting on my bed, I pulled out my phone as it dinged.

It was a message from Cece.

Debating on answering, I finally knew how to reply.

I threw my phone at the wall and screamed into a pillow. What gives Cece the nerve to text me and tell me why she left now? Over text! I know how it feels when I person doesn't say goodbye and I know how one feels when they don't.

My mother died of cancer when I was seven and I was at a friends birthday party when she took her last breath. My father told me I wasn't allowed to go but I ignored him and asked my sister, Abigail, to take me.

My father rushed over to the party and dragged me out of the building. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor sobbing my eyes out until no more tears escaped my eyes. He explained to me that she passed away at the hospital, where my father and sibilant were there with her.

I was the only one that didn't say goodbye to her.

And that broke me.

I hated myself for not obeying my father, because if I didn't go to that party, I would've been in that hospital with all of them. I would've said goodbye to the only person who stuck by my side. The women who I was able to cry on when I was upset; the women who was there when no one else was.

I wasn't there when's he needed me, I wasn't there when she died. I didn't get a chance to tell her how much I loved her or didn't even get to say my goodbyes. She was gone and she wasn't coming back.

When Cece left and I didn't say goodbye, it only remind me of when I was seven. If only I asked what was in the letter so I was able to change her mind about leaving, maybe things would be different.

But she left without uttering a word to me. So how was I suppose to say goodbye if I never knew she was leaving. But yet, here I am, blaming myself. Just like I blamed myself for not saying goodbye to my mother.

People don't understand that you need to hug, kiss or at least say goodbye to someone before they leave, before they go to sleep, or when you leave their car to go to school.

Never take the chance of not saying goodbye.

Always obey your parents, grandparents, guardians; because they know what they are taking about. And no matter how badly you want to go somewhere, if someone says not to, don't go.

Don't make the same mistake I did. I chose to go to my friends party and it ended with me not saying goodbye to the one person I loved the most.

***

Authors note

Well this chapter was a bit deep.

Hope you liked it

Maja x

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

If Only Por Miss Snow

Literatura feminina

5.9K 528 31
A story where people happen upon a friendship that can flourish into a budding romance if only.... ...
3.7K 427 46
H. R #268 ! *Fangirling so hard * 😂 Everyone deserves a happy ending but not everyone may get it. A love triangle between a girl and two brothers...
544K 28.9K 50
There is a darkness that lurks inside of me. The evil that runs through my veins is a constant reminder of the ruthless killer I once was. But someh...
107K 3.3K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...