Nightmare or Reality?

By Shinigami_Quincy

Waking up in a place you don't know is one thing but waking up to find you have been transported to Hueco Mun... More

Nightmare or Reality?
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 8

229 9 0
By Shinigami_Quincy

Four more days went by for Sam and they were slowly beginning to run together. A sense of routine began to form for the young woman as she was greeted and brought breakfast by Gin the past few mornings.

To say the least it was odd but to her it was unsettling to find him perched in his chair whenever she woke up, as if he had been watching her from there all along. But other than the creepy behavior, the fox faced Captain would come in make one or two snarky remarks, finish his tea then leave Sam alone once more. On the third day, Gin's remarks revolved around the fact she wasn't exploring the Palace any more. The fourth day was something similar to that, and yesterday was a comment about if she was close to breaking again.

That's all he did, remark, tea then leave but unlike normal Sam was greeted by no one. Feeling slightly dishearten, she got up and went about getting ready for the day in the bathroom. As she finished putting in her contacts she heard the door to her room open. Glancing toward the closed bathroom door, she gave a small sigh before making her way out and a remark on his lips.

Only for the remark to fall flat as the woman took in the person that lingered in the room in front of her. Sweat broke out on Sam's forehead as her gaze froze on the man lingering in the center of the room.

"Well good morning, little pet."

There standing in the center of the room was the last person she wanted to say. The pink haired Espada stood in the center of the room, his amused gaze and creepy smirk directed toward Sam.

"Y-you." The girl stated her voice quickly wavering and growing quiet.

An amused chuckle came from Szayelaporro as he drew close to the frightened girl.

"Yes, little pet. Now how about we continue where we left off last time."

The girl shook her head in response while she back away from him.

"N-no leave me alone."

"Oh so you do speak, how exciting. This should make it fun." The Espada remarked as he backed her up against the wall.

Before Sam could think of a way to fight back, an immense familiar spiritual pressure came from the open doorway, making the two stop in their tracks.

"Szayelaporro."

Both gazes darted over to the doorway where they made out the silhouetted figure. To the two there was no doubt about who it really was but their ideas were confirmed when the figure took a step forward.

"How are you treating our guest?" Aizen questioned making his way into the room.

Sam watched him carefully, his gaze fully on the pink haired Espada who reluctantly bowed his head slightly.

"Lord Aizen-sama, I was just seeing if our guest was in the need of company this morning." The Espada lied keeping his gaze toward the floor.

Sam felt Aizen's curious gaze snapped to her who seemed to be surprised by Szayelaporro's statement.

"Doesn't Gin normally keep you company as of late, Samantha?" The curious man casually questioning as if he didn't already know the answer.

The woman in question, glanced between the two before nodding and meeting Aizen's gaze.

"Yes he has, Lord Aizen but he has not been by today as of yet." Sam explained in a slightly timid voice.

Aizen's gaze did not change before he looked toward his eighth Espada, "Szayelaporro, you are dismissed."

The pink haired man seemed genuinely surprised by Aizen statement before bowing his head once more.

"Yes Lord Aizen-Sama." He replied slightly reluctant before he made his way out of the room, his harden glance snapping to Sam's before he left.

The woman kept her lingering gaze the man in front of her until his gaze snapped to her. Silence lingered between the two before Sam turned her gaze away from the man's unyielding stare.

"Come with me, Samantha."

Before Sam could even ask why, she looked up and saw Aizen making his way out of the room and quickly followed after him. The two started to walk through the white hallways in silence, the only sound being their footsteps that echo through the hallways.

The silent seconds turned into minutes and before Sam knew it, it must of been a whole hour they have been walking in pure silence. Sam's mind raced as they walked, why was he doing this? He was making her follow him around like she was his little toy...his little pet and she was doing nothing about it? Why?

...She was scared, scared of getting in trouble and what her punishment would be. Was she in trouble right now and he was just dragging it out to torture her?

Her mind ran through as a countless amount of scenarios as they continued to walk before she saw Aizen drew to a halt. Quickly drawing to a stop as well, the woman turned her gaze to her captor whose back was still facing her.

"Remain here." He stated firmly before opening a door to his right and walking in, the door closing behind him.

Sam just blinked in surprise as she stared the door she didn't notice before looking down at her balled hands. What the hell is happening?

Time ticked by in silence as Sam just stood there awkwardly outside of the unknown room. After almost what was an hour, the door beside her open but the woman was fidgeting with her hands nervously she failed to notice.

Muddled words and the familiar voice of Aizen snapped Sam's attention to the door. She quickly scrambled to stand up straight and look like she hadn't been fidgeting anxiously for however longer she was there.

The woman's gaze followed the movement of Aizen stepping in the hall and stopping right in front of her. His unreadable gaze snapped to her before drifting up and down her form. Just like he expected she seem to be even on edge just by merely being within his presence. His dark brown stare landed back on the young frighten woman's which reflected exactly what he wanted to see. An amused smirk fell on his lips as his eyes slid closed and he turned her back to her.

"Come along, Samantha."

Once again he started to walk and Sam gave a unseen nod before following the man's trail. This continued for hours, walking then stopping for period of 30 mins to an hour before continuing. All this time, Sam unaware of exactly what they were doing but from the clues she was getting. Aizen was simply making her follow him like a pet while he did his errands. It was so degrading the ombré haired woman pushed back all the disgust she felt and tried to suppress her oncoming rage. By the time Aizen had stopped for the sixth time, Sam's balled hands shook out of fear and rage.

Sam's gaze snapped to Aizen whose gaze was traveling down her form once more before connecting with same amused smirk slid across his lips before showing the woman his back once more.

"That is enough for one may go back to your quarters." Aizen stated as he began to walk away, leaving Sam completely confused and relieved at the same time.

Her gaze followed Aizen retreating figure until he rounded the corner, letting out an annoyed sigh she looked to the door to her right noticing it was her own door. Quickly she pushed open the door and closed it loudly then let out a well deserved groan.

"That...that asshole! Making me walk around behind him like I was his fucking dog...why.. he do that..?" she cried softly into the quiet air. Sam let out another weak frustrated groan as she rested her head against the closed door. Letting out a shaking sigh she closed her eyes, trying to push back the tears of frustration that lingered right on the edge.

Suddenly Sam felt a hand rest on her head, freezing her to the spot as a familiar voice materialized behind her.

"Oh my Sammi-chan those are some bold words against Captain Aizen but in most regards I won't say he sees you as a dog but more like a helpless little bird."

Sam's hazel eyes snapped opened as she quickly turned to face the intruder, her back getting pressed up against the door. Her gaze darted up to Gin who wore condescending smirk and still had his hand on top of her head.

"What the hell are you doing here, Gin?" The woman spit out at the smirking man who was surprised by her harsh tone.

"What a harsh tone. I know you are upset with Captain Aizen but it's just rude to take it out on your friend." The snake hissed as he patted the upset woman's head once more. "Since we're friends why don't we talk over some tea?"

Sam stared at up at him with a look between frustration and sadness. He was surprised to see some much emotion spilling to the surface just after that one little action. Tears brimmed the woman's hazel eyes, she was already on the verge of breaking and falling into Aizen's trap. She truly was a helpless little bird.

Gin observed as the young woman gave barely what was considered a nod before make a move toward the table. Slowly, taking his hand off the top of her head, he stepped aside and gestured toward the small table. Sam made her way over to the table where there was the tea was already set up.

The fox-faced man watched as the young woman took a seat in her normal chair with her upset gaze focused on her lap. He saw she was nervously tugging in the fabric of the dress, clearly conflicted about everything. Keeping the slightly frown off his face, Gin put on his knowing smirk and followed suit after her.

No words were spoke as Gin severed the both of them a cup of tea, but that never stopped his gaze from shifting to her. Sam kept her slightly broken gaze down, she knew she should of kicked Gin out the second she discovered him here but she just couldn't. She wanted...no she need normal interaction with a person and if Gin was offering it she should take it. If she had any more days like today, she knew deep down that she would break and lose what little free will she had left.

"Has the little birdie lose her voice?"

The distressed gaze of Sam snapped to Gin's quickly where the fox-face man saw just how broke she was become. She hastily sucked in a small breath and shook her head.

"No...I-Im ok.." the woman stated, the truth coming out in the broken matter that echoed in her voice.

The ex-captain just stared her down before a frown graced his features, "You are a very poor lair. You are clearly on the edge of breaking."

Sam's frown depthen as she looked down and bit her lip, fighting back the tears breaking the surface.

"I just... I just want to go home or fight back but I can't I'm... helpless. I'm here completely powerless and have no way of defending myself. I-I can't even stand up for myself against that man..." She sobbed, her tears falling down her cheeks as she was powerless to stop even that. "And now I'm pouring my heart out to you as if you care, you'll just use this break down against me."

Gin just watched the crying woman in awe as she rambled on for a few more minutes about things he wasn't expecting her to even utter. As she drew silent , the fox faced man just stared at her while she made an attempt to clean up her face. Slowly he got to his feet and made his way to stand in front of her, towering over the woman's broken form.

Sam looked up at him surprised, as his piercing blue eyes finally meet her hazel ones.A slight frown gracing his lips as he patted her head once more and leaned down beside her ear. Time slowed as she felt the man's face gently brush against her damp cheek, his lips resting right beside her ear.

"Even a little bird locked in a cage, it can still learn to fly, remember that Samantha."

With that the man stepped away out of the woman's personal space once more then turn his back to her.

"Have a good evening, Sammi-chan."

Shocked, Sam watched him walk out of the room and slowly close the door behind him. She sat there and stared at the door waiting for the final click of the lock that for once never came. Her heart skipped as the woman gradually got to her feet and walked over to the door. Cautiously she grabbed the handle and began to turn it and not feel the click on the lock.

Sam sucked in a breath as she pulled the door open and quickly sneak out into the hall where she saw nobody lingering there. Quietly, she darted down the the hall to her left following the fleeting footsteps of Gin that echoed around her. Carefully tailing behind Gin, Sam saw they were making their way toward one of the large throne rooms that resided here.

After a few minutes, the echo of the footsteps vanished completely around one corner leaving Sam to stop dead in her tracks. As silence took over once more, the young woman heard the sound of her heart pounding against her chest. Inching her way to the corner she peered around the corner and was taken back by what she saw. There in the middle of the hallway was a giant hole that held nothing but a dark abyss. The knot of nerves in Sam's stomach got larger as she took a step closer to the gap in reality. She know it was a Garanta and that is probably let somewhere that could be her escape or be her undoing. As she drew near there was a distinct white path that lead into the darkness and to the dark image of what seem to be woods.

Sam glanced behind her before taking the chance and darting into the abyss onto the path. Hopefully she was able to get out of this hell and maybe get some desperately needed help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.9K 17
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
506 11 6
This is a story based of of Kimitsu No Yiaba (also known as demon slayer) This story doesn't exactly follow the cannon storyline as we know it, but...
53.1K 2.1K 35
A portrayal of Inoue's time in Hueco Mundo and of the untold moments between she & the fourth Espada. "I was content in the simplicity of my emptine...
9.2K 352 42
Orihime had always known what her friends thought of her. No matter how much they tried to reassure her she knew she was a burden. Even now, the man...