Renegade

By Xscapee

The world has lived in darkness for over a hundred years since..he..has taken over. Humankind has been all bu... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1: The Before Times
Ch. 2: The Announcement
Ch. 3: Set In Motion
Ch. 4: Preparation
Ch. 5: Spero
Ch. 6: Dancing with Death
Ch. 7: Clever Girl
Ch. 9: Slipping Through
Ch. 10: Sickening
Ch. 11: A Demon's Secret
Ch. 12: A Deal
Ch. 13: In Your Place
Ch. 14: Insult to Injury
Ch. 15
Ch. 16: Like Clockwork
Ch. 17: Demons None the Less
Ch. 18: Mask
Ch. 19: Impure
Ch. 20: Atmosphere
Ch. 21: Dinner for None
Ch. 22: Dear Family...
Ch. 23: To the Skies
Ch. 24: Risus
Ch. 25: Visiting Hours
Ch. 26: The Ballad of Risus Schneid
Ch. 27: The Death of the Leader
Ch. 28: Care
Ch. 29:
Ch. 30: Defiant
Ch. 31: Search and Rescue
Ch. 32: Enough
Ch. 33: Treason
Ch.34: Light Hearted
Ch. 35: Not Today
Credits
Renegade: Trivia!
Artwork

Ch. 8: Capture

4.5K 204 161
By Xscapee

"I believe you have something of mine." Dark began to walk up the long stairway, hands behind his back.

She kept a stern expression on her face.

Meanwhile Die was slipping in the back of the ball with Anti.

"Dude, where were you?"

"I was uh — after the human." He scratched his head.

"Dark is going to kill you."

Dark's voice spoke up once more, "If you'll hand over the staff now, I'll go easy on you."

"You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands." She answered.

"I have no problem making an example out of you, Spero." He laughed lightly, "That's not even your real name, is it?"

"I'll never tell you."

"Fiesty." He turned towards the room of demons. "And here we have a rebel, but not just any rebel my friends, the daughter of the Rebellion's leader."

"Kill her!" Someone called out.

More voices rose in agreement.

Dark, on the other hand, made eye contact with Die who was across the room, regretting the agreement they had come upon.

"I know you are all excited about this victory, but I have far larger plans for this — repulsive human. It would not serve me well if she was dead." Dark turned towards the guards. "Take her to a holding cell, and bring back my staff."

The guards walked in closer to her, holding her by the arms and ripping the staff from her grip. They turned and began to walk away. One guard returned the staff to Dark.

"Please, continue to enjoy yourselves, we may not be young but the night is very." He announced.

Dark walked down and into the crowd towards his friends. He spotted Die and immediately made his way towards him.

"Oooo, yer in trouble." Anti sang.

"If I'm in trouble then so are you."

"Die, Anti, a word please," Dark asked, his tone struggling to sound nice.

"What did I do!?" Anti raised his voice.

____________________________________

"And where were you?" Dark questioned Die. "You seemed to be very close to her all night long."

"Dark, you were just as close to her as I was and I didn't smell one ounce of human."

"I see." He turned and looked out the window. "That doesn't answer my question though, where did you disappear with her?"

"She was interested in the oil paintings in the hallway." He lied. "We were just outside the doors when she excused herself, then I didn't see her after that."

"And you didn't think to follow her?"

"After a few minutes I decided to, I rushed the castle looking everywhere for her." Die paused. "She's smart, Dark."

"Unfortunately for her, not smart enough." He sighed. "The people are upset, and I will not let the fault lie on my shoulders."

"Why are they upset?"

"Because I let her live. If it were up to me she would have been dead, right there, but I am a man of my word, and I made an agreement with you. That being said all blame and complaints will be directed towards you."

"Damn, tough luck." Anti crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair.

Dark glanced over at him. "Anti, you'll be in charge of watching the human."

"WHAT?! Why me?"

"Would you prefer Die's job?"

Anti looked at Die who had his head hung low. "No thanks, I'll take the human."

___________________________________

"Where is she?!" Nes paced the floor of the buildings center.

"Please sir, calm down." A soldier pleaded. "I'm sure she left another way."

"The limo showed up without her. Something had to happen."

"She's a professional. She knows what she's doing."

He grabbed the soldiers collar and pulled him close. "Mark is going to have my head on a silver platter if he finds out his daughter didn't come back."

"What do you mean she didn't come back?" Mark's voice came from the large screen next to Nes.

He released the soldier, then put on a reassuring smile, quickly facing the screen. "Good afternoon, Sir. How are you fairing out this evening?"

Mark answered, ignoring his comment, "What do you mean she didn't come back, Commander Nes."

"Well, you see, sir, the vehicle returned without her in it."

"Then where is she?" His words hardened.

"We — uh — we don't quite know."

"You WHAT?!"

"But-But don't worry! She's a professional I'm sure she—"

"My daughter is trapped inside a castle filled with not only the elite three, but hundreds of other demons and you're telling me not to worry."

"I know it seems bad—"

"Seems?!"

"—but we have our best men out looking for her as we speak."

"You better find her or I—"

"Commander Nes." A soldier spoke up. "There's a news announcement being transmitted live from the castle."

"Turn it on the big screen, now."

The screen suddenly had Dark upon it, standing with Die and Anti behind him on either side. "Good evening demons, non demons, and especially the rebellion." He smiled. "This evening I held a gathering and we were surprised to find an unwelcomed guest, and of high ranking in the rebellion. The leader's daughter." He smiled. "That being said, I have a proposition. She will be kept alive, as long as your forces retreat against my demons. Further instructions will come in the future, for now though, I thought I would be merciful and tell you all the news. Have a good night."

The screen went completely black, then Mark reappeared upon it.

"Sir— I—"

"I do not want your excuses, commander. I will be coming to the capital within the next twenty-four hours. Be ready, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir," He saluted.

____________________________________________

(Y/n)'s holding cell was small and covered in stone all around her. She laid on an old metal bed, with a stained pillow and rough blanket that had too many holes in it. Her arm rested on top of her forehead while she waited for the return of someone, anyone. She was a sitting duck till voices echoed in the hallway.

The closer they came, the more familiar they sounded.

The men stopped at the door large iron door, placing a key in the hole and opening it slowly. The old door rubbed against itself creating a loud groan.

"Ah, so you're still with us?" Dark smiled as he walked inside.

Her eyes didn't leave the ceiling. "Yeah, I thought I'd stay for the after party."

"As much as I would like to stay and hear your snarky comments, I actually came to deliver the news."

"Oh gee, you came all this way for little old me? You shouldn't have...you really shouldn't have.."

"I've alerted the rebellion of your capture."

She looked to her side and sat up.

"Glad I received your attention."

"What did you tell them?"

"That is none of your concern, human. If you must know though, I put a deal on the table that they couldn't resist. Now the waiting begins."

"You'll never get away with this, Dark." She stood up, walking towards him. "You messed with the wrong people. They will make you suffer."

"And I will make them die, I will also make you watch."

"Over my dead body!"

"Don't make promises you can't keep my dear." He cupped her cheek, but she slapped it away. "Feisty."

"Just you wait, Dark."

"I do not plan on going anywhere. I can wait forever, or at least until my men find your family."

"You can't, and you won't."

Dark turned away laughing lightly to himself, then began walking out of the room. "I can and I will."

As soon as he left she rushed to the door and slammed her fist on it. The bang itself made the guards jump but did little to scare Dark. He was beyond happy to see her miserable.

The night turned to morning and (Y/n)'s temper tantrum had ended. She began opening her eyes as sunlight beamed in from the window with had iron bars keeping her inside. She moved around feeling uncomfortable in the flimsy dress she was wearing, and also cold from the stone under her.

"Oh human~" Anti sang as he entered the holding cells. "It's time fer food!"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. A small door slit opened up with Anti on the other side of it. She turned and faced it.

"There you are! I've got breakfast for yah!"

"Ah yes, my steak and lobster." She spoke sarcastically.

"You do have a mouth on yah, don't you?"

"I have very little patience for demons, what do you have? I'm starving."

He picked up the plate and slid it through the door hole. She pulled the plate in to see a small meal. Potatoes, carrots, and meat.

"Oh wonderful, chef's choice." She began picking up her food with her fingers and placing it inside her mouth.

"Can I ask ye something?" Anti suddenly spoke up.

"Ask away. I can always use some entertainment with my breakfast."

"Is yer name really Spero?"

"No, next question."

"Now hold on a second, I wasn't finished with you lass. I want to know what yer name is."

"My name?" She stopped eating. "What good is my name going to be? Why do you even care?"

"Because I was stuck with being yer caretaker and your life would be far easier if you told me."

"Let's make a deal then."

"I'm listening."

"Bring me a book to read and I'll reveal my name."

"A book? Is that seriously what you want?"

"Deal or no deal?"

Anti blurred to the library and returned in a heartbeat with one leather covered book in his hand. "Alright, name."

"Give me the book and I'll tell you."

"Give me yer name and I'll give ye the book."

She rolled her eyes, "My name is (Y/n)."

There was silence before Anti pushed the book through the door. "That's a dumb name, barely even worth the book trade."

(Y/n) leaned over and picked up the book. The title was in Latin as well as the entire book. Anti began to snicker which turned into a laugh.

"Have fun with yer book!"

She flipped it open and smiled at the pages, " Ego potest non expectare ad hoc legere."

(I can't wait to read this.)

His laughter came to a complete stop, "You know Latin?"

"Ita."(Yes) She breathed. "Thank you for the book, Antisepticeye, I'll give it back when I'm finished reading it.

Anti slammed the metal hole shut and stormed off upstairs. (Y/n) smiled with a small victory under her belt. It seemed easy to get under his skin, as well as Darks. She was forced to learn Latin growing up, and although she isn't an expert she knew enough to read, write, and speak it. It came in handy often times. It was nearly impossible to understand the entire language since all books on it had been confiscated by the government.

The book was boring, but something to keep her distracted.

Minutes turned to hours and before she knew it the book was finished. She looked up to see that the sun was setting creating an orange color across the sky.

She figured that no one was going to rescue her. It was time to find her own way out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 924 60
H-help. I ask you to please do one thing for me. Just help me, please. I-I thought that I loved him. He is a monster. Deep in my heart, I still feel...
177K 6.1K 41
XXXXXX Trigger Warning XXXXXX -alcohol -swearing -minor character death -PTSD -Selfharm -past abuse Jacksepticeye. A hilarious Irish Gaming youtuber...
23.5K 604 35
• COMPLETED ✓ • YOU ARE A DEMON IN THIS STORY!!!! "Some say love doesn't exist...." "I say It's just harder to find then you think...." "But someti...
2.4K 131 18
I've never been one for sob stories, which is why I hated what I used to be. Oh poor Cait, tortured by someone she thought she loved. Oh poor Cait, h...