Ride Along โœ…

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

๐Ÿš” The ride along that will change the game forever ๐Ÿš” Maya Hunter is counting down the days until graduation... More

1. The Project
2. Mentors
3. Hook-Ups and Hang Ups
4. Rules
5. Late Nights
6. Date Night Interrupted
7. "Arrest Me"
8. Criminal Records
9. Long Day
10. Threats
11. To Serve and Protect
12. Conversations and Innuendo
13. Fighting
14. Call Me Always
15. Making Calls
16. Confession Time
17. Panic Attack
18. Flirting While Grounded
19. His Shadow
20. Dramatic Exits
21. Comforting
22. Tough Decisions
23. The School Liason
24. Preparing for the Future
25. The Dealer
26. Trust
27. "You Win"
29. Waiting
30. Danger Zone
31. Shower Me With Love
32. Dealing with the Consequences
33. Sunday Funday
34. Expect the Unexpected
35. Together is Where I Wanna Be
36. Rumors
37. Trials and Tribulations
Epilogue

28. The Plan

1.6K 34 9
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

"Morning guys" I greet my collegues as I walk into the station with a bright smile on my face.

I couldn't wait to see Maya today. I had come up with the idea of taking her back to my place on Friday night, just for dinner and a movie and then I'd drop her back home.

It was selfish in a way; I'd be able to keep an eye on her but I knew she would be thrilled about being able to hang out at my place again. She felt safe there and that made me happier than anything.

I make it into my office and get my computer booted up before a ruckus in the lobby earns my attention. I look up and my heart drops into my stomach when I see a distraught Katy and angry Shawn.

Maya.

I jump out of my seat and pull open my door, hastily walking towards the commotion. "Woah, woah. What's going on?" I demand, pushing through the crowd of officers attempting to subdue Maya's parents.

"Josh!" Shawn exclaims. "She's gone. She never came home last night and she's not answering her phone."

"Where is she?" Katy demands.

My chest tightens and it's as if all the air has left my lungs.

He has her. Aiden took Maya.

"Shit" I murmur as the Sargeant walks up to us.

"Matthews what the hell is going on here?"

"Our daughter is missing" Katy exclaims.

"Okay" Connor nods, "if you give us her name and-."

"It's Maya" I interrupt. "Sir I have reason to believe it's Waters who has her."

"Waters?" Shawn questions. "Maya's boyfriend."

"Ex" Katy and I say at the same time. Shawn looks at me confusedly and I return my gaze to Connor.

"He's been threatening her and I since his first arrest sir."

"He almost shot him last week" Zeke interjects, coming to back me up.

"Why is he so against you?" Connor questions.

"The bust of Justin" Zeke shrugs. "Josh took his supplier off the streets."

"So what? An ex-boyfriend doesn't just kidnap his ex-girlfriend because his supplier got arrested."

I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck. "He does when his ex-girlfriend gave intel to a cop that led to the arrest."

"Excuse me?" Shawn demands. "She was shadowing you! She didn't sign onto the force."

"I know that" I snap. "It just sorta happened. She didn't even know he dealt until I told her. He'd been making advances at her for a while before then though. She trusted me and so she called me while she was at a party a couple weeks ago to pick her up. I told her to tip off the cops about the drugs at the party and Justin got busted."

"The informant was Maya?" Connor questions. "Why wouldn't she just come forward and give Aiden up too?"

"Because" I start. I let out a deep breath and sigh. "Because he found out that she wasn't just my shadow. I've been sneaking around with her practically since the day she started."

"You son of a bitch. That's my daughter" Shawn shouts.

"Yes I know that" I exclaim. "But she's eighteen. It's legal and it wasn't like I was having quickies with her in my squad car. She's my girlfriend. I love her."

"You love her?" Shawn laughs. "Yea okay."

"Matthews you realize this is your badge? I warned you" Connor reminds me.

"I know" I nod. "And my badge will be on your desk as soon as she's found."

"No" Connor argues. "I told you-."

"All due respect sir but if your wife was kidnapped would you trust a group of detectives to find her? I know her and know this Aiden kid. When she's found I'll resign but until then I'm still a member of the force and I will do everything in my power to bring her back safe."

Connor stares at me blankly while Zeke steps forward and hands me the keys to the squad car. "Come on. We need to go to the house."

"Yea we do" I nod, brushing past everyone.

"Josh" Shawn says. I turn to face him and find him staring coldly back at me. "You find her and then you stay the hell away from her."

I press my lips into a thin line before turning and walking out of the station with Zeke in tow.

"So I guess you won't be inviting them to the wedding huh?" he says, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Just get in" I insist, climbing into the squad car.

~ 🚔 ~

"Forced entry to the window" Zeke says as he examines it. "It was pried open. She had it locked."

That's my girl. Way smarter than me.

"I could think to remind her to lock a damn window but I didn't think to sweep her house before letting her walk in alone" I shake my head in disappointment of myself. "I'm a cop for fuck's sake and I couldn't protect her!" I exclaim, kicking my foot against the wall.

"Josh" Zeke sighs. "This wasn't your fault. You tried."

"And I failed" I shout angrily. "I swear to god that fucker touches one fucking hair on her head and I'll kill him."

"Maybe you should let me do the arrest" Zeke says lightly. "What do you think his plan is anyway? I mean a random Tuesday doesn't seem to hold much meaning. Was it an anniversary or something?"

"No" I shake my head. "I mean she was talking ab-."

Shit.

"What?" Zeke questions. "What did she say?"

"The party. He's throwing a party on Friday night."

"He's luring you right to her."

"She'll be there" I nod. "But he thinks he'll get a shot at me before I get to her."

"Well let's prove the bastard wrong then" Zeke says. "We're gonna get him Josh and Maya is gonna be okay."

"She better be" I sigh, rubbing my neck. "Because if she's not" I trail off.

If she wasn't okay I'd never be okay again.

~ 🚔 ~

I'm in the basement of the frat house. It's obvious by the smell of beer and pot wafting into my nose.

"You're a dumbass you know that" I laugh as Aiden paces in front of me. "My boyfriend is a cop remember? He'll find me."

"I'm counting on that" he smirks. "Don't you remember? I promised to hurt both of you if you didn't drop this and you didn't. Now? Now you can watch me kill him and then maybe I'll let you go" he shrugs. "Let you live with the images of him lying dead on the ground while you sat helpless right in front of him. Yea I think that could be good" he smirks.

I feel tears stinging the backs of my eyes as he walks towards me and tilts my chin up to look at him. "It's a shame you always turned me down. These lips could've done some great things" he adds, running his thumb across my lips. "Still could if you don't behave."

"I'll behave" I whisper. "I'll do whatever you want Aiden."

He smiles victoriously, dropping my chin and reaching down to free one of my hands. "Call him" he orders, handing me my phone. "Tell him to come alone on Friday night."

"But-."

"Maya" he scolds. "Do it."

"Okay" I whimper, dialing his number.

"Maya?" Josh questions as he picks up. "Baby are you okay?" he asks frantically.

"I'm fine" I reply tearfully. "Josh listen. You have to come to the party on Friday. Alone. Aiden wants to see you."

"What does he want?"

"Josh you have to. Understand?"

"Yea. Yes" he repeats. "I'll be there sweetheart. I love you."

"I know" I nod. "You too. Goodbye Josh."

"Maya wait-."

"There" I say, handing my phone back to Aiden. "He's coming. Alone."

"Good girl" he smiles, caressing my cheek. "If only you would've been this respectful when we were dating."

"Aiden I did what you asked. Just leave me alone" I beg.

"You think I should?" he asks, trailing his hand down my neck. "Because I think you owe me."

I clench my eyes shut and shake my head. "I don't owe you anything. I'm behaving just please leave me alone."

"Aiden" a guy calls from upstairs. "Come on man we got shit to do" he adds.

Aiden groans, letting my go and standing up. "I have to go but we aren't done" he says defiantly before walking upstairs.

~ 🚔 ~

"You aren't really going to go alone are you?" Zeke exclaims. "The guy wants you alone because he knows that he can take you one on one. He wants you dead!"

"And I want Maya alive" I argue. "I love her Zeke."

"Enough to die?" he shouts in frustration, pounding my desk.

"The truth?" I question. "Yes. Absolutely."

"You're insane. This is suicide Josh!"

"Well what do you suggest because going in with you sounds like signing my girlfriend's death certificate!"

"Then I can't go in" he shrugs. "He has to be holding her at the frat. They're helping him but they aren't stupid. They aren't going to have her sitting in the living room cutting pills or rolling joints. They're hiding her. It's too risky to have her in the open. Other girls may see her or someone passing through that's seen her face on the news."

"The basement" I reason. "Pull up the blueprints" I order. He nods, pulling them up on his tablet and sliding it across to me.

"There's a window" I point. "I go inside and distract Aiden long enough for you to sneak in and get Maya out."

"Dude I've met the girl. She ain't gonna leave that house if you're in danger."

"That's fine" I nod. "Because she won't have a choice. I'll order them to arrest her for accessory to dealing or some stupid shit before I let her into that house again. After she's out you come back in and we take him out."

"And if this doesn't work?" he questions.

"It has to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 2.3K 47
โ™ก Thunderstorms Sequel โ™ก It's five years later...Josh and Maya are still together and planning their wedding but with their four year old daughter an...
211K 4.6K 62
โ™ก "I'll play the long game" โ™ก It's been a year since Josh said these words to Maya. In the days since Maya has tried to ignore the ache in her heart...
61.9K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...
789K 15.4K 94
It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. Now Maya is just starting her freshman ye...