Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XLVIII

6.6K 177 32
By DreamingToBe17

{Listen to Jessie Ware - Say You Love Me}

Maybe this was all just a dream. Maybe any minute now, I'll be able to wake up from this horrible nightmare, that all of this is nothing. Maybe I'm just having a sleep paralysis or maybe, I just have to deal with it.

That all of this is nothing but a nightmare in a real world. That I am living, moving and experiencing what I am most afraid of. I did look back when I was running because I still had this lingering feeling that he would still chase me after all that has happened back there.

But, he didn't and I expected too much, and it broke me. Over and over again. It started raining again, the nostalgic feeling that I have been feeling was felt by the atmosphere. The feeling of me being broken is indescribable in this state.

I have been describing every feeling that I have felt for the past few days and months and even years, but I haven't been able to come this point that I can't even describe what I am feeling. Maybe it's because I am too heart-broken.

I rose up from my bed, went into the bathroom to do my daily routine. I still need to go to school after all that happened last night. I'm not going to let some conflict get in my way and ruin the rest of my life, after all, I have been through worse than this one.

Running away from the person who murdered my Grandmother and my dad, who is in fact, still chasing us to hunt us down and won't stop until he kills me and my mom. Yeah, worse than having a broken heart.

I went out of my bedroom, dressed for school. I wore a black hoodie, blue denim pants and a pair of Black and White Adidas Superstar. I sling my bag over my shoulder, walking down the stairs slowly.

I enter the kitchen and my mom stands up from the kitchen stool. "Hailey, you didn't eat last night," My mom says as I grab an apple and ready to leave the house, ignoring my mom. My mom grabs my arm, refrains me from leaving.

"Hailey, what did I do for you to ignore me?" She says as I look at her with an expressionless face. I wiggle my arm to let her hand go but she won't budge. "What the heck is wrong with you?" She says, her tone sounding mad and loud.

She lets go of my arm," What's wrong with me?" I question her as I try not to cry, "The fact that my boyfriend's dad is marrying my mother isn't a big deal for you, isn't it?" I said, sounding a bit bitter and broken.

"First off, I didn't know that Liam's son is your boyfrien—"

"You don't know because you are too busy to care on what's going on with my life," I shouted as I walk towards the door and left, shutting it loudly. I walked my way towards the bus station, crying my eyes out.

I still haven't got my car. I might just have to call the car towing service to pick it up. I stopped at the bus stop, drying my face first. I sat down on the bench, looking at the ground. Still unable to let everything progress in my mind.

I heard a halt from the road. It must be the bus, I look up and saw Cayden's car. The driver's door open and he escapes from the car, walking towards me. "What are you doing here?" I said, standing from the bench.

He stops in front of me with a hint of sadness in his eyes, "I'm sorry, can we just talk and let me explain?" He says as I roll my eyes, walking away from him. He follows me.

"There's nothing to be explained and to talk about. I don't even know who or what to believe anymore," I said as I think that I would rather just walk to school than to wait at the bus stop.

"I know you're mad at me for not telling you about their relationship. I was planning to tell you—"

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I said as I stop in my tracks, turned around to face him, "Why did you hide it from me?" I added, "Why?"

"I don't want to hurt you. Either way, you're going to end up like a broken-hearted person," Cayden said as I rolled my eyes.

"Not like, I already did. But it hurt me more when I found out that you knew about it and you didn't even tell me," I said as I continue walking, ready to cross the road. "And can you stop following me—"

He grabs my arm and saves me from getting myself be run over by a car, he looked into my eyes and I just looked back, "Did you even love me?" I asked quietly, almost finding myself crying because of my own words.

He didn't say anything. He pursed his lips, "I thought so," I said as I escaped his grip on my arm, continue walking on the way to school, bringing my broken heart with me and my emotional self.

"Can you just give me the chance to talk to you about it?" He says. I turn around and looked at him from the other side of the road, "Please," he added, "Have coffee with me and I can tell you everything I know."

I roll my eyes and sigh, "Fine," I said, "Just because I am craving coffee and we're only talking, that's it," I said and he smiles at me from the other side, "And wipe that smile off," I said as I turn around and continue walking to school.

"Your smile keeps bothering me," I whisper to myself.

I arrived at school after a 20-minute walk from the bus stop. I enter the school and walked towards my locker, grabbing the books that I need for today's class. "Hey," Amelia bumps my shoulder and smiles.

I look at her with an expressionless face and continue grabbing the things that I need for today's class, "What's up with you? You seem quiet and... weird," She says as I close my locker and lean against it.

"And have you been crying? Because your eyes are so red," She says as she touches my chin, examining my face and I nodded my head in her response. "Why, you can tell me," Amelia added as the nostalgic feeling starts to flow in, making my eyes start pooling with tears again.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry," She says as she hugs me, "How about we ditch the first period and go to the toilet, then you can tell me what happened," Amelia said and I nodded my head as I felt the tear trickle down my cheek.

She grabbed my book and notebook, holding it and her other arm on my shoulders as we made our way towards the girl's toilet. We enter the toilet and waited for all the girls to leave before I start telling Amelia what happened and cry again.

After the blonde girl is done applying lip gloss on her lips, she packed her stuff up and left the toilet, leaving me and Amelia alone in the toilet as I took a deep sigh, "God, that lip gloss is way too shiny," Amelia says.

"Now," Amelia said, "Tell me," she added as she leans against the toilet sink, crossing both of her arms onto her chest. I took a deep breath and tried my best to stop crying. I looked at her and opened my mouth, ready to tell her the story.

"What the hell? So you're telling me that your mom is engaged to Cayden's dad. On the other hand, you are dating Cayden and he is dating you. Doesn't that make you step-siblings when your mom is already married to his dad?" Amelia says and I took a deep sigh.

"Isn't it obvious. Plus, Cayden doesn't even love me. So, what's the point of fighting for our relationship?" I said as I cross my arms and bite my lower lip.

"He's a douche bag. I can't believe he made you fall in love with him just to stop his dad from marrying your mom," Amelia said as I look at her and shake my head.

"I don't know if that's his point though. That's why I'm going to give him a chance to talk and explain things," I said and she nods her head, smiling at me.

"That's a good thing to do. Plus, I still ship you both. But he needs to stop acting like a douche, but are you sure you're going to do this?" She asks as she placed both of her hands on my shoulders and I nodded my head.

I gave her a sad smile, "I will. I need to and I have to."

"Well, okay. If that's going to make you feel at ease then go for it, but let me remind you. If it either ends badly, then just let it go. I don't want to see you being this broken again," She said and I nodded my head, "Now, let's go to our second period."

***

I walked inside the Coffee shop and there I saw him, sitting down while waiting. He noticed my presence, I walked towards the spot where he is. I sat down and looked at him, he looked at me like the time when we were at the top of the cliff.

A waitress arrives, placing both drinks in front of us. "It's Iced Caramel, your favorite," He says and I roll my eyes at his response. I intertwined both of my fingers and rest my back on the seat.

"Let's talk," I said. He took a big sigh and didn't say anything at first, maybe he was finding the right words to say.

"Where should I start?" He asks, "At the beginning," I said, hinting the word 'duh' in my response.

"I don't know the specific date nor the specific month they started dating. But I think I know they have been dating for 3 to 4 months already," He says and I can't help but roll my eyes at his response.

"3 to 4 months, yet your excuse was you don't know how to tell me within those months?" I asked.

"Just hear me out first," He said and I took a deep sigh, "At first, I didn't know who my dad was dating. But then, your mom came at our house to sleep for the night," He says and I remember that time when my mom used to tell me that she used to sleep at her boyfriend's house.

"I don't know her that time. Never asked her name but I've seen her face. When I came at your house last time, I saw you and the pictures of your mom in your living room and that's when I knew that it's your mom," he said and I stare at him with an expressionless face.

"I wanted to tell you but trust me, I don't know how. I don't want to keep on hurting your feelings. I don't want to see you crying," He says and I looked at him with a hint of sadness in my eyes. I wanted to cry so bad, in front of him.

But I don't want to. I don't like the feeling of receiving sympathy from others just because of their actions of being guilty. I looked at him, "Let me ask you a question," I said, sitting properly in my seat.

"Did you even love me?" I asked. His expression went from curious to soft. He blinked his eyes, he looked down at his fingers and fidgets with his fingers. My eyes start to blur, "You still can't answer that question," I whisper to myself.

I stood up from the chair, he looks up at me, "Where are you going? I'm not yet done explaining," Cayden said and I walked towards the exit. He grabbed my wrist and I removed his grip from my wrist.

"Well, I'm done," I said as the tears keep on flowing down my cheeks, "It's funny how we didn't even last that long. Like, 2 days?" I said as I chuckle bitterly, "And you know what's more funny?" I said.

"Is that I fell in love with the guy who can't even tell me that he loves me," I said as I continue pouring out my emotions, "I'm done with everything."

"Hailey—"

"Just stop, I've heard enough," I keep on crying, he stood still in his spot, "Let's forget whatever happened between the two of us," I said as I felt my heart shatter all over again. I walked towards my car, wiping the tears on my cheeks.

I opened the door of my car and looked at him, still standing at his spot, frozen, "I guess I was also stupid enough to fall for you," remembering the words that he said to me.

***

Yes, the update is finally here.

I'm sorry for the not-so-happy update. I hope your seat belts are fasten because the roller coaster ride hasn't finished. But I hope you guys loved today's update.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment your thoughts and Share this story to your friends. Next update will be on Thursday and Friday. Stay tuned!

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 100 73
When Jasmine Anderson crosses paths with Kaden James, a seemingly mysterious man, she feels as if a weight has finally been lifted from her hard life...
26.2K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
3.2M 114K 31
When Brielle's dance instructor gets mad at her for missing yet another rehearsal, she gives Brielle an ultimatum: lose her solo that she needs to g...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...