Destined With You

By SweetLove789

Rose Addams was born to be a fighter. She grew up to become the strongest boxer. But after the death of her... More

Destined With You... Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

180K 3.9K 1.1K
By SweetLove789

YAAAAYY!!

I've finally uploaded, I know it's been a week and I said I would upload earlier but I started to drown with exams! Tomarrows my last one and expect to have a lot of uploads! :D

To everyone who has commented on my story, thank you so much, I've read them all and whoever has voted thanks a billion. I'm trying to get this book up the teen fiction and I only can get there with your support!

Enjoy...

Chapter Nineteen

Run.

That should have been my first instinct.

But my feet remained rooted to the ground as I stared into the dark blue eyes that were igniting, a spark rippling in there and I knew, without a doubt, that my fear was the fuel to the fire lighting it.

I should slam the door shut.

Lock all the windows.

Run upstairs, pick my phone up and call for help.

Did I?

No.

Instead I smirked at his question. Of course I was going to be difficult because this was not the guy I thought to be. No, he just had the exact same dark blue eyes, which had remained blocked from my mind for a whole year.

"I think it would be best if I just be a good girl right?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow as I stepped out of my house where they could easily shove me into the black van that was parked into my driveway.

His two bodyguards seemed momentarily caught off guard but the blue-eyed guy just narrowed his eyes as if not trusting me.

He was smart, I wouldn't trust me either.

I walked towards the van as they remained outside my house, locking it on my way, making sure to feel my phone in my jacket. I turned my head to look at them and smiled sweetly, "Come on then, let's get this over with."

I opened the door and motioned to the driver in a black head mask- that looked extremely stupid- to start the engine. Until the blue eyed guy finally started believing my act and spoke up. "Well then I guess we don't need this now."

I turned around, just in time to see him pass one of the guards a syringe.

I got into the van, acting as if I didn't see it and sat, trying to stop myself from grinning as I formed a plan in my head. I needed to find out where they were taking me or whom exactly they were taking me to.

I was following my gut and it never let me down before.

The two guards jumped into the van, sitting either side of me in the back and the blue-eyed guy sat at the front. I was squished between the two big men but that was an advantage to me as I discreetly looked down to the guard on my right, as I saw the syringe poking out of his pocket.

I had my jacket on.

If I could just grab it and put it into my jacket without anyone seeing, I thought.

"Wow, so this is epically boring," I said loudly.

They both turned to face me, raising their eyebrows in disbelief. Maybe they never had someone so relaxed getting kidnapped before. If only they knew how I was freaking out in the inside but I couldn't afford to show that.

"Uh..." The guard on my left started.

"Uh...What?" I smirked.

"Uh fuck off," he replied.

"Yeah because you guys will let me do that...fool," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not a fucking fool," he growled.

"Could have fooled me...fool," I shrugged, trying to not smile at my own jokes.

He sat straighter, moving his face closer to mine as he mustered up an intimidating glare. "Don't make me fucking hit-"

"Whoa, stop pissing him off," the guy on my right moved forward, leaning into me to push his 'friend' back and that was the perfect moment I needed as I quickly pulled the syringe and shoved it in my pocket whilst he tried to 'diffuse' the distraction I made.

"Okay," I mumbled.

The rest of the ride was filled with silence as I tried to remember the roads we were going through. One thing I was grateful for now was my memory. We had been driving for more than one hour and I was starting to panic if they were going to go to a different city.

Then I saw an extremely large building come into my line of sight, which I now realised, was a mansion. It wasn't one of the awe worthy moments where you envied whoever owned it, no; it was one of those moments where your whole body fills with dread.

Even in the dark I knew the mansion was shady, bordering on black, blending in with the woods that surrounded it. All the windows were pitch black, except the bottom floor where a dim glow could be seen through the large window. The long vines running along the mansion caught my attention- they weren't beautiful and green. They were rotting.

There was no way in hell I was going in there.

The van came to a sudden stop and I frowned when they didn't go through the driveway, leading to the rusty grey gates. I watched as the blue-eyed guy climbed out of the van and signaled for the guards to take me out.

I shoved their hands off me, scowling at them, "I can get out myself thank you."

The driver remained in the van as we four stood in the woods, a few minutes walk away from the mansion. There was an eerie silence surrounding us and I started to get an uncomfortable feeling as the guy stared directly into my eyes. He didn't even blink when a gush of wind whipped at our faces.

"Rose, do you know why you're here?" the blue-eyed guy questioned with a monotone voice.

"No," I replied bluntly.

He smirked making me narrow my eyes.

I watched as he made a motion with his hands towards the woods, I saw nothing but darkness and frowned at him in confusion as if he had lost his mind until he spoke once again. "Meet my Father Rose."

Then without any warning, a man in his mid forties walked into my line of sight, appearing from the woods in a black suit and then when my eyes connected with his... everything stopped.

My heart rate, the blood pumping through my veins, the feeling in my soul, everything in me came to a sudden halt as I felt the colour drain from my face.

He was here.

He was standing right in front of me.

"We meet again Rose, I believe you remember me?" his voice was deep and hollow.

My eyes stared directly into those dark, cruel blue eyes that had haunted me for a whole year. Haunted and ruined me till piece by piece I was losing myself. I wanted to scream, run as far as my legs could take me but just like a year ago, I was helpless and I hated myself for that.

"How have you been?" He was ruthless. Such a simple phrase to another person's ear would sound as if we were long lost friends. Oh how I would rather bury myself in a hole and die there than to ever even be an acquaintance to him.

I kept my gaze connected with his, refusing to let my head fall down in fear. The control I had to prevent my body to shake in rage was immense, as I was standing in front of the man that my bare hands wanted to kill.

"Right, well let's make this short shall we?" he smiled- a dirty, vacant smile.

I stayed silent, biting down on my tongue from screaming out profanities to him.

"You're obviously wondering what I want from you right? I mean I already took your Dad from you," he laughed shamelessly.

I was not going to cry.

I was not going to drop to my knees.

"So here's the deal, your little lover Drake..." he started and my eyes widened at the mention of his name. Everything turned into slow motion as I listened to his words carefully.

No.

Please no.

"You need to get him to back down from his status in the gang. Get him to quit," he finished bluntly, not even a flicker of emotion as I tried to process what he had just said.

I frowned, utterly confused.

"What?" I spoke up for the first time.

"Don't act ignorant. Get him to fucking quit from the gang... I want you to bring him down," he growled.

I stayed silent and stubborn. I refuse to do such a thing. Even though Drake was in a gang, somewhere deep down I knew he was going to tell me and he did warn me before but I ignored that because the feelings I felt towards him, that was not something I could ignore.

"Or I'll kill him," the promise in his voice had my body go still, just like everything else inside me as it brought a fresh wave of pain stabbing at my heart. He turned around, his back now facing me as he walked back into the woods not before whispering, "His fates in your hands now Rose."

I watched as his tall built frame disappeared into the darkness, letting it consume him. I felt like the threat had impacted my body yet was taking long to sink into my mind.

"You can go now," the blue-eyed guy spoke up and I felt the rage build up to a point of no return as I stared at the murderer's son.

I whipped my head around to face him with narrowed eyes. I turned around, lifting my legs in a sudden movement and kicking guard number one in the nose nice and hard. Blood gushed out of his nose and I repeated the same with guard number two. They both cradled their noses in their hands and I took no time in taking the syringe out and stabbing it into their neck. They fell to the ground with a thump but I didn't watch.

No.

My eyes were connecting to the son of my father's murderer.

He stared at me with wide eyes, obviously not knowing about my boxing reputation.

I smirked ruthlessly and advance in on him, raising my fist and connecting it with his chin. My upper cut made him lose his balance, making him collapse flat on his back. But then he grabbed my ankle, pulling me down with him roughly and unexpectedly.

I knelt down, putting all my weight into shoving my knee into his stomach as he doubled over in pain but I gave him no chance to recover as I punched him repeatedly and then when I saw his eyes dropping, begging for unconsciousness, I stood back up, looking down at him as my hands shook, begging to turn into fists and fight some more.

"I will kill you and I will kill your father. That's not a threat, that's my promise to you and to any god out there," my voice was unrecognizable, filled with venom, seeking for revenge.

I didn't miss the flash of fear in his eyes before he passed out to blackness.

I turned around to the vehicle and only then remembered the driver in the van. But it was too late as I saw the gun in his hand, raised through the window as he sat buckled in the van but the indecision and fear in his eyes made me smirk.

"Shoot me," I said emptily.

His eyes widened in confusion.

"Go on, kill me, you'll be doing me a favour," I shrugged indifferently.

His hand shook and then he pulled the trigger, flinching.

The bullet pierced through my skin, into my left shoulder, stopping halfway as the force pushed my body back but I held my ground. My eyes widened in shock as I looked at the man and then I watched as he raised the gun again and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact and then when I heard the gun shot, I flinched... but then nothing.

I opened my eyes to see blood dripping down the side of his face in a slow trickle.

He shot himself.

I clenched my teeth together, holding back a scream at the blood pooling from his head. My eyes widened in disbelief as I watched the gun fall to the ground, his hand dropping limply alongside his lifeless body.

A rush of wind whipped at my body taking me out of my shocked state as I turned around. My heartbeat rose faster when I suddenly felt surrounded by the woods, with darkness consuming me from every angle.

I needed to get out of here, fast.

I took one-step forward, intent on taking the van and driving my way back when a sudden pulse of pain made me cry out loud in the silent night. I held my tongue as I came aware of the injury in my shoulder.

"Shit," I seethed through clenched teeth.

I stumbled towards the van, my hands shaking as I opened the drivers door and saw the man covered in blood. I felt tears threatening to spill but I held them back as I groaned in endless pain whilst trying to get the man out the vehicle as gently as I could. Although he had shot me, I wasn't that cruel. Then when my shoulder couldn't endure the weight, I let him drop to the ground with a slight thump.

Climbing into the driver's seat, I revved the engine and gunned it down the road, taking a quick left, the mansion disappearing from my line of sight. I continued to drive through the empty roads, trying to remember as best as I could the way back.

My hands were shaking and I knew that everything would be so much worse once the adrenaline died down. I tasted the metallic taste of blood and realised I was biting the inside of my cheeks as the pain in my shoulder became unbearable.

My bottom lip trembled as I drove down the dark streets, hardly any night-lights on the road to see my way through. The silence was provoking me to think of things I didn't want to think about.

If only I had my phone, I thought.

My eyes widened in realisation when I remembered I did have my phone on me. I shook my head at my stupidity and proceeded to quickly shove my hand inside my jacket and pull my phone out, scrolling through my contacts straight to the one person who I needed the most right now.

"Rose?" Thank god they answered.

"Hello, Drake?" I spoke through the receiver, my voice sounding shaky even to my own ears.

"Rose, what's wrong?" his voice was so deep and filled with concern that it made my heart clench in pain.

"I..." I couldn't get anything out, my breath got caught as I remembered how that man said he would take Drake away from me and kill him. "Are you safe?"

"Rosie where are you?" he growled, I heard some shuffling in the back.

"I don't know," I whispered, looking down the dark empty roads feeling more alone than ever.

"Okay, you're worrying me Rose, so give me a landmark or something and I'll be right there," his voice was calm and collected but there was weariness in his tone.

"There's nothing I can see, just empty roads Drake. I, can we stay on the phone till I find out where I am?" I asked quietly, vulnerably.

"Of course. What's going on Rose?" his deep voice brought a sense of calmness over me.

"You're going to go mad if I tell you," I pursed my lips in indecision.

"Tell me Rose," there was no room for argument.

"I... um, got kidnapped and I'm now driving back with a bullet in my shoulder," I explained calmly, when I felt anything but that.

"What!" he roared down the other end of the line. I flinched and pulled the phone away from my ear.

"You got shot?" he asked in panic, his voice still in a shout.

I saw some lights ahead so I picked up the speed of the van and saw McDonalds ahead, making me sigh with relief. I bought the phone back to my ear, "Drake, I can see McDonalds ahead, can you come please? It's um...Green Cross Street?"

"I'm in the car now, I know where that is, stay in the car park and don't move but leave the engine on okay? Just in case," he rushed out, I could hear the sound of a car's beeping, which made me smile slightly.

"Are you speeding?" I asked.

"Maybe. Don't judge me, my girl has a fucking bullet in her shoulder," he mumbled, sounding unfocused.

Goosebumps rose across my skin and my tummy felt like an army of cartweelers had entered.

I stayed silent, processing what he said.

My girl?

I'm his girl?

That sounded far too perfect, far too good, oh it sounded like the truth, for I am his girl.

I looked down with a smile and then my lips faltered as I stared at the blood soaking my shirt from my shoulder. My breathing started coming out short and fast as I lifted my hand and pulled my shirt from my skin, looking at the flesh of skin that made me gasp in pain.

"Rosie, is everything okay?" I heard Drake ask, only then did I realise I still had the phone pressed to my ear.

"No, I won't stop bleeding," I whispered.

"I'm here."

I looked up to see Drakes car speed through the parking lot. Good thing he didn't bring the bike. I realised he must think I have my truck so I stumbled out of the van, only then realising how light headed I felt with the loss of blood.

We made eye contact across the parking lot and I had to lean against the van since he never failed to take my breath away and I was starting to feel really weak. I watched as his muscular frame ran towards me, his dark brown hair falling into his green eyes, which I so badly wanted to see.

He stopped right in front of me, breathing heavily in worry as I raised my hand and reached up to his face, softly moving his hair away so I could look into his beautiful eyes. His green eyes were filled with nothing but concern and that same look I still couldn't quite name.

"Hi," I tried to smile; I think it came out as more of a grimace as he furrowed his eyebrows further.

"Shit Rose, we need to get you to my place," he frowned, grabbing the hand I touched his face with, effectively making sparks run through me once again.

"We're not going to the hospital?" I perked up, not wanting to go there at all.

"No, we um kind of have our own doctor," he said distractedly as he took in my injury.

I stood straight, swaying slightly as I tried to walk to Drake's car, trying my best not to show the amount of pain I was enduring.

"You can't walk," he pointed out.

"Yes I can," I protested even though I felt like I was going to drop any second.

"I'm going to pick you up but we have to be really careful to not hurt your shoulder okay?" I shook my head, still continuing to protest but he glared so I sighed in defeat and agreed.

He swiftly lifted me up; with his rough yet gentle hands as if I weighed nothing more than a feather. His hold on me was protective as if I was more precious than the pearls deep in the sea. The thought made me smile as I looked up at his face, his features turning into a determined look.

Then without even realising I was seated in the car, the seatbelt clicked in for me as I stared out the window, watching the trees turn into a blur. I could still feel the tingles running through me from Drakes touch but the pain in my shoulder remained existent.

I forced myself to keep my eyes open as the bullet through my shoulder was making me weak and drowsy. My hands curled up into a fist on my lap, my nails digging into my palm as I stopped myself from crying from the burning pain spreading through me. Then I looked down at my hand to see Drakes larger one cover one of my fisted hands and holding on tight with me.

My heart warmed as I stared down at the sweet gesture, keeping me distracted from the pain.

He didn't uncurl my hand but instead put it over mine forming a fist with me as if he knew it was the only thing holding me together. I concentrated on his hands that were shooting tingles up my arm.

Did he feel it too? I thought.

We sat in silence but there was no need for words.

I didn't know how to feel, as I trusted Drake when he drove past MJ's and to where I presume to be his house. Even though he was in a gang, I couldn't stop the feelings I felt for him. I was so confused at myself, for still caring even after the whole incident.

I couldn't dwell on it any further as I realised the car was stopped right outside a small house. I turned my face towards Drakes realising he was already staring at me.

"Do you trust me?" he asked quietly in the darkness of the car.

I stared into his green eyes, looking at the uncertainty there and knew without a doubt that he didn't think I would. So I closed my eyes like I did the first time he asked me and asked myself the same question.

Did I trust him?

I opened my eyes, revealing my grey eyes to him, surely whispering, "I trust you."

He shook his head in disbelief and before I had the chance to say something he got out the car, walked around to my side and picked me up as carefully as he could. But then an excruciating pain pierced through me and I cried out unintentionally and so he stopped at once, continuously asking if I was okay about fifty times and that's not even me exaggerating.

"I promise you'll be taken care of with the best healing hands," he looked down at me, as I was cradled in his arms.

He kicked the door open, making me frown in confusion until he explained. "We hardly lock the door."

I told him to put me down but he just gave one glare and I gave up.

He carried me through a tight passage, into a small yet cosy living room before placing me down gently on a comfy sofa.

"I'll be right back," he said, walking out the door in a rush.

I let my eyes roam around the tiny living room, the TV looked really old and small but it somehow fitted. The wallpaper was cream with one wall printed with purple floral pattern with a frame placed against it.

I stared at the picture with Cathy and Drake. Cathy was smiling into the camera, with obvious love as Drake held his mother, placing a kiss on her cheek. I smiled sadly.

I wish my...No. My mother had slapped me, threw verbal abuse to an extent that portrayed her hatred so she would never take a picture with me. The thought matched the pain I was feeling in my shoulder perfectly.

I realised when we had drove here, how the area was rundown and looking at this house I thought about how I never knew Drakes family was poor. Yet I rather I am ridiculously poor than be filthy rich with a mother like mine.

"Rose!" the familiar voice made me smile, as I turned around quickly but then groaned out loud at the sudden movement as a shooting pain pierced through my shoulder.

"Hi," I forced between clenched teeth, trying to smile even though I felt tears threatening to rise to the surface.

I watched as Cathy came rushing to my side, her small and pretty face frowning in concern. Then she said, "Oh sweetie, I'm going to get you fixed up okay? Just hang in there."

My eyes widened in surprise as I watched her take a large kit of medical equipment from Drake who walked forward to sit next to me.

"I used to be a doctor," she explained.

Then I watched as the normally bubbly Cathy turned into serious mode, treating me as a patient with a look of pure concentration etched on her face. She cut a piece of my shirt so she could get to the injury and I blushed slightly when Drake was staring intently at the disgusting flesh on show.

"I'll kill them," he growled lowly.

I shook my head but I couldn't speak because no words would come out except for cries of pain so I held my tongue, refusing to cry.

The pain was excruciating as Cathy worked her way to taking the bullet out and then stitching the wound up. My tears betrayed me as they ran one by one down my cheeks silently but I didn't make one sound as I squeezed my eyes shut, holding onto Drakes hand like a vice grip.

Once the worst was over, I wiped my tears away, looking the other way from Drake so he couldn't see even though I knew he had. Cathy's faced relaxed and turned into a warm smile.

"You're such a brave girl," her eyes twinkled in sincerity.

I smiled.

"Now that you're all bandaged up we just need to put you in some clean clothes so you can go rest upstairs," she smiled back.

"Oh um, that's okay Cathy. I'll just be heading home now," I said, politely declining the offer.

"Thank you though, I appreciate all the help," I added when she and Drake both looked at me in disbelief. I didn't want them thinking I was some ungrateful child or anything.

"You are not going home," Drake scowled as I tried to get up.

"Um yes I am," I frowned at him.

"Don't be stupid," the scowl still etched on his face was making my insides do a little flip. There was something about a guy being angry that just makes you feel all weird inside. I think it may be because it portrays that they care enough to be mad.

"Look you've already done enough. Thank you Cathy for everything," I turned to look at her only to catch her looking at Drake and me with a small smile. That was until she registered my words and joined the frowning game.

"You're staying, I'll call your parents," she said with finality and I knew not to protest.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay but um, my parents aren't home so yeah its fine."

"Okay that's sorted then. I'm going to bed now, I'm so very exhausted. Drake honey show Rose to her room and get her some clean clothes," she said but I felt a bit suspicious because she exaggerated a yawn and the stretch was overly done that I knew she was leaving us two alone on purpose. I just about stifled a giggle.

She reached out to give me a gentle hug and I returned the gesture and watched as she walked out of the room, her footsteps the only sound heard as she walked up the stairs.

I turned my body slowly to face Drake and then at once I frowned when I saw him looking at me with a sad smile. It was so simple but it made my head swarm with thoughts as to what made him look at me like that so I was about to say something until he suddenly got up, standing in front of me at once.

"You look tired, let's go," he said quietly, reaching out for me until I moved away.

"I can walk," I said, getting up.

"Right," he nodded, turning his back on me and leading the way out.

The pain in my shoulder was still there but I didn't mention it to anyone. I walked up the stairs behind Drake and tried to keep up as he walked down a narrow passage way towards what I assumed was his bedroom.

It was right at the back, away from Cathy's, which was right at the start of the stairs. I stood at the doorway not sure where to stand. Drake went inside the room and then turned around as if realising I hadn't come in and then gestured with a wave of hand to join him.

I awkwardly walked inside, taking in the small room that was fairly tidy. By fairly, I mean clean for a guy. His bed was neatly made but his desk was scattered with books and papers, his laptop buried somewhere inside. He had some clothes messily displayed across the chair and in the corner of the room but it wasn't that bad.

His wallpaper was black and sea green which was kind of nice, something that suited him. The room was simple, nothing special with the essential desk, wardrobe and a double bed. Yet I liked it.

"Nice room," I commented, looking around.

"Thanks, I know it's a bit messy," he scratched the back of his head, looking unsure as he started picking some things up, trying to make it look a little tidier. He discreetly tried to kick some items under the bed, but I pretended I didn't notice.

"Its fine," I smiled reassuringly.

He turned around; smiling in return and once again my breath got caught as that little dimple appeared.

Without even realising I took a step forward as if my body was attracted to his and then when I realised what I was doing, I stopped. I looked up, noticing how he seemed to have walked towards me too.

We were now only a few centimeters apart and I coughed awkwardly.

"Um yeah, where should I change?" I asked, looking away, effectively breaking the little moment we were having. I still didn't know how to feel and this long day wasn't giving me the time to process everything that I witnessed.

I heard him sigh quietly as he walked towards one of his drawers and took some clothes out and handed it to me. "The bathrooms down the hall on the right."

I nodded my head and walked out the room quietly, my footsteps soft against the carpet. I easily found the bathroom and did my normal night routine of washing my face and hands, changing into the clothes and when I was about to brush my teeth, I realised I didn't have a toothbrush.

I stood in front of the sink with toothpaste in one hand but no toothbrush. I pursed my lips, thinking of a solution when I finally decided to just use my finger as a toothbrush. I looked like an idiot but I did it anyway and used the mouthwash twice for good measure.

Now my breath smells nice and minty, I grinned into the mirror showing of my straight, white teeth. I dropped my gaze to stare at Drakes clothes on me, a big white shirt, which felt extremely comfortable and then some black jogging bottoms that I had to roll up. I looked so small in them but I let out a small smile since it did feel nice.

I walked out the bathroom, feeling better as the pain wasn't as bad as earlier. My shoulder was now feeling numb. I strolled down the passage casually, walking into Drakes room, forgetting to knock even though the door was half open. That's when I came to a sight of a half naked Drake.

His back was facing towards me, as he was halfway in the process of taking his shirt off. I shamelessly watched as the muscles moved with him, the slight tan and broad shoulders were making me think of things that were utterly inappropriate.

Then he bent down a little and I let out a little squeak as I realised I was openly checking his butt out. Oh my god, I am so going to hell.

My squeak happened to be loud enough as he casually turned around, his whole upper body on full show as he still had the shirt in his hand, which he still needed to put on. From what I could see as he stood half naked in front of me, I knew he wasn't in a rush and I couldn't say I minded either.

Could it be possible to have an eight pack? I thought.

I openly stared at his muscular body, so toned and drool worthy that I wouldn't be surprised if I actually dribbled a little. Oh dear god, how I so wanted to run my hands across his body and then...

Wait.

What am I thinking?

I shook my head in embarrassment as I watched Drake tilt his head to the side, his eyes lighting up with amusement, a small smirk etched on his face. Then he took a step forward and I thought my heart was going to explode so I quickly turned around, raising my hands to cover my eyes as I squeaked, "Sorry!"

"I...I didn't know you were changing you see and I just came in without knocking so obviously that's, ha-ha, my fault and well I wasn't really paying attention so I just strolled in thinking you were just waiting and then when I did look up, you were um taking your um shirt of ha-ha and then, what I'm trying to say is, well what I was saying, wait no I mean, I didn't mean to and I..." I rambled quickly, laughing awkwardly between my sentences like a retarded donkey with my back still facing Drake.

That is until I felt a breath on the side of my neck where I started to lose concentration of what I was trying to say. I shouldn't have tied my hair up in a loose ponytail, I thought.

My mind started going into overdrive, along with the beating of my heart as I felt Drake push his shirtless body against my back, wrapping his arms from behind me, only to pull me further into him. The tingles rushing through me, made me completely forget about my injured shoulder, the pain fully dulling with his touch.

His minty breath fanned across my neck, coming closer as he dipped his head and placed a soft butterfly kiss on the side of my neck, making me shiver at the touch. His lips lingered on my skin for a moment longer until he whispered into my ear, "You're so cute when you get all flustered up."

I felt a deep blush rise to my cheeks at his deep voice that sounded slightly husky. I could just feel the smirk on his face as he said this but my mind was still in a daze from that sweet kiss, the tingles teasing me as he rested his chin on my good shoulder.

"I..." my voice got all choked up and I wanted to hit myself for giving him the satisfaction that he had an effect on me.

"You...?" he prompted teasingly.

I turned around in his arms, his body heat igniting against mine as I ran my hands up his toned chest, across his broad shoulders and then wrapping them around his neck. I smirked as I felt him shudder slightly and then just for fun, I stood on my tiptoes so we were at the same height, face to face, my nose brushing against his slightly. I bit down on my lip purposefully and watched as his eyes momentarily flickered down to my lips then connecting back with mine expect this time his green eyes were much darker.

My heart was beating fast with the look he was giving me but I needed to get him back for teasing so I softly grazed my lips against his, our lips barely touched, as I heard a deep growl escape his lips from his throat. I leaned into his ear and whispered, "What I was trying to say is...thanks for coming today."

I untangled myself away for him as much as my body protested but Cathy was next door and well if I stayed any closer to him for a longer time, let's just say it won't be appropriate for what it would lead to.

I looked up through my eyelashes, smiling slightly at the shocked look on his face and then he narrowed his eyes at me, making my smile grow wider.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" he scowled.

"Did what?" I asked innocently, looking at him with wide eyes.

He shook his head in amusement as I feigned confusion. He walked to the bed, grabbing a pillow and then came to stand next to me.

"Getting all seductively sexy like that only to bring me back down to reality," he pointed out and then after blushing slightly I felt instantly bad, I mean I wouldn't have liked it if he did that, getting me all anticipated and then...nothing.

I pursed my lips about to say something until he beat me to it. "Well, you should get some rest now, you can sleep in my room tonight, and I'll be downstairs."

He nodded for me to get into bed, so I lifted the covers and crawled in. My head lay against the comfy pillow, and the smell of Drake was evident.

Then I watched as he switched the lights off and then a rush of memories sneaked their way into my mind making my heart speed up in panic. He shut the door behind him with no words and I felt once again consumed by darkness.

My one fear.

I instantly sat up, trying to tell myself to calm down but I felt so alone. The smell of Drake lingering in the air was still there yet it wasn't enough. I started to quiver with fear; anyone could take him away from me. I needed him.

I shot out of bed, pulling the door open and running down the passage way as quietly as possible and down the stairs as fast as my legs could take me. Anything could happen to him, anyone could come through the door and kill him and I couldn't let that happen.

I would not let that happen...ever. Not again.

I ran through the hallway, banging open the door to the living room; completely breathless as I feared for the one person who sneaked through the hard walls I built around my heart.

I scanned the room quickly and then zoomed in on the green eyes that were looking at me in concern.

"Rosie? Is everything okay?" he asked, standing up from his previous position of lying down on the couch.

I rushed towards him, nearly knocking him off his feet as I fell into his arm, holding him in a tighter embrace than anyone would think was possible, holding him as if it was my last chance.

"Rosie?" Drake saying my name so softly in that deep voice calmed my heart down as he soothingly ran his hand up and down my back.

"Drake..." I whispered, my arms not loosening even an inch as I hung to him as if he was my only hope and he didn't give me a moment to think that he didn't want me near as he held me just as tight yet making sure not to hurt my shoulder.

"Are you okay Rosie?" he asked quietly.

"Yes," I mumbled quietly.

"You're an awful liar," I felt him shake his head.

I pushed myself closer to him, wanting to be as near to Drake as I could. The thought of losing him to that filthy man brought a whole fire of rage inside me. The thought of Drakes death being the same as my fathers shook me to the core with fear.

"I'm not okay," I admitted.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he offered kindly.

I nodded my head.

He untangled himself from me and when I was about to protest, he held my hand and picked his pillow up, pulling me along out of the living room and back towards his bedroom.

Once we reached his room he gestured for me to get into bed, which I did, shuffling over to give him space. He turned the lights off and I didn't feel that panic earlier since I knew Drake was here with me.

I felt the side of the bed dip as he settled into bed with me, he kept a respectable distance and I smiled slightly at that. There was a soft glow coming from the window providing enough light to make out his strong features.

We turned to face each other, just staring in comfortable silence when he decided to break it quietly, "Who hurt you Rosie?"

He frowned.

I took in a big breath, knowing this was going to take long to explain.

"I don't his name but I know him...Do you remember that prick at the bowling alley?" I asked.

He nodded his head scowling.

"Well yeah basically he came knocking on the door telling me to get in the van so I went in and before you start shouting, I formed a plan because I knew they had been watching me for a while and I needed to know what they all wanted..." I explained. "So anyway I got in the van, creating a distraction by pissing of one of the stupid guards and it worked so I could get the syringe out of their pocket and shove it mine because I knew they were going to use it on me if I refused to get in the van. So anyway when we finally got there, which was a relief because we had been driving for an hour and I thought they were going to take me out the freaking country but yeah that's beside the point. I got pushed out the truck with the three guys while the driver stayed in the van," I was trying to make it clear as possible but I stopped to take a breather.

I watched Drake as he listened intently with a frown.

"So ahead I saw a huge mansion and let me tell you, it looked like a proper murderers house. We were surrounded by woods and it was so dark and well I was kind of freaked out as anyone would be right?" I shook my head, remembering how afraid I had felt.

"Then that guy asked me if I knew why I was there and of course I didn't and then..." I trailed off, remembering when he gestured to the woods.

I felt a gentle squeeze on my hand but I wasn't here anymore, I was drowning in the memory but I continued, my voice sounding faraway even to my ears. "Then, he waved towards something in the woods and then he walked out from the darkness. My living nightmare was right in front of me..."

My voice was becoming shaky but I didn't stop, I needed to get this off my chest.

"A man in his mid forties, the only person who had me rooted to the ground in fear. I was so scared Drake, so scared. His blue eyes stared directly into my own; those blue eyes that made me scream and thrash in my sleep. I didn't know what to do, part of me wanted to run and scream then another was filled with rage and I wanted to kill him with my bare hands. I've never felt so many negative emotions as deep as that," I said quietly, the memory still so vivid.

"Who is he?" Drake whispered.

I looked into his green eyes, filled with emotions. Anger was the most evident but it wasn't directed at me.

I looked away, ignoring his question and continuing with what happened. "So anyway, this man was cruel, asking me how I am and some other shit I don't want to go into but yeah he obviously had me there for a reason, so he gave me a mission to complete for him and I refused. It just so happened he wasn't happy with my answer so of course he threatened me, leaving me with the three guys and that guy at the bowling alley happened to also be his son."

I laughed quietly at the coincidence.

"So you can imagine that I was just angry so I knocked all three of them, saving the blue eyed guy for last. He wasn't expecting it but I got him good and before he blacked out, I kind of made a promise of coming back to kill them," I smiled sheepishly.

I could tell Drake was struggling to get his head around this.

"Oh and I stabbed them all with the syringe which had some solid drug in there," I added.

There was a long pause.

"Shit. I don't even... okay wait, how did you get shot?" Drake asked confused.

"Ah right..." I grimaced.

"Well... I turned around after beating them up and realised that the driver was still in the van, watching the whole thing and well when I saw him, he had a gun out and he looked inexperienced so I told him to shoot me. I didn't really think he would but he did. Then he raised the gun again and when I thought he was going to shoot me again, he killed himself instead, straight in the head," I started off strong but my voice finished in a shaky whisper as I closed my eyes, remembering the pool of blood.

I felt Drake's hold on my hand tighten. I opened my eyes and I tried to smile slightly at the comfort it was giving me. But the image in my mind wouldn't leave and the sound of the gunshot was permanently recorded into my hearing.

"After that I had to get out of there so I moved him away from the van and I climbed in, gunning it out of there... no pun intended," I smiled, trying to lighten the tension with a little British humor. Drake noticed my attempt and tried to smile along but I knew he was furious; his eyes were burning with it.

"And you know the rest and here we are," I said.

"And here we are," he mumbled.

I looked up at him and watched as a thoughtful look etched onto his face. His eyes connected with mine and a serious look entered it as he asked the same question I tried to ignore. "How do you know that man?"

I pursed my lips, and then exhaled out shakily as I looked into Drakes eyes and answered honestly, "He's the ruthless man that murdered my Father."

Then one lone tear ran down my cheek as the events of the day finally started to sink in and the reality of the words spoken out loud brought me down with a crash.

Drake didn't let the tear fall, catching it on the last second, dropping onto his palm; he looked down at it and fisted his hand up. Then looked back at me with such a soft look, it warmed my heart at once.

"I'll ruin him Rose. I had no idea, to think you went through all that on your own," he whispered quietly, the moonlight from the window showing both the care and worry in his eyes.

"But what did he threaten you to do?" he asked gently.

Two dreaded questions in one go.

I sat up, not being able to control these emotions by lying down. Drake followed my actions, his hold on my hand tightening. I liked that, the way he wouldn't let me go. It was as if a form of contact was always needed, to show that you needed to be close.

I took in a big breath and let out the ultimatum.

"To get you to redraw from the status in the gang, I didn't even know about a gang but yeah," I dropped, continuing to look straight ahead, my eyes staring into the darkness.

"What?" Drake asked after a beat of silence.

"That's what he said Drake but I refuse to do that, I won't do it," I shook my head determinedly, looking straight into his eyes that were now clouded with anger.

"What was the threat Rose?"

Three dreaded questions and we're out.

My eyes filled with tears as my bottom lip trembled. I looked at him, blinking rapidly to stop the tears from falling. I felt him scoot closer; wrapping an arm around my waist and I instantly leaned into his touch.

"If I don't, then he'll kill you," the silence that filled us after was suffocating.

I looked up at Drake's face and then looked away. That blank look, where I couldn't read even one emotion stabbed at my heart.

"I won't let it happen," I promised.

Drake turned to me giving me an unexpected small smile, "I've never met such a brave person."

I frowned in confusion but he only leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. Then he laid back down gesturing with his hand for me to follow suit. My head hit the pillow softly and then I felt Drakes arm drape up across my waist, pulling me closer till I was flush against him.

Our faces were inches apart, his minty breath once again fanning across my face.

"You're just so perfectly amazing, it catches me off guard every time," his nose brushed against mine lightly.

"So strong, so smart, so caring and just simply incredible," he listed with a sincere smile.

My heart melted but I still frowned.

"Don't frown," he instructed, raising his hand gently to trace my confused frown lines.

"You don't understand do you? After all that, here you are, not even fully breaking down and you're promising me that I won't get killed even though it could be twice as dangerous for you. Heck you have every right to hate me right now, especially after not explaining the whole gang thing yet here you are in my arms tonight," he smiled sadly.

"I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to," I whispered quietly.

There was this emotion that was swirling in his eyes but I just didn't recognise it. It looked familiar but it seemed foreign to me now.

My eyes slowly started to close so I spoke up before I fell asleep, "Thank you for everything Drake, for being there."

I snuggled closer, moving carefully to not injure my shoulder.

"I'll always be there," I heard his quiet reply.

"And me too," I mumbled just as softly.

I felt his lips move into a smile as he kissed the top of my head.

"Sweet dreams Rosie."

"Goodnight Drake," I lifted my head and placed a sweet kiss on his cheek and went back to laying my head in the crook of his neck. I allowed his scent to comfort me as I slept with a small smile, completely glad that I didn't end up like one of those girls that kept such an important thing away from the guy when in the end they always find out anyway.

..........................................................................................................................................

Awwwwwhh, dont you just love Drake and Rose? :)

So anyway, I hope you liked the chapter, show the love by commenting and voting pleaseeee! I've been writing this today even though I have deadlines for coursework tomarrow and a geography exam first thing! I couldnt make you guys wait any longer :D

-Swaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830 9 51
▪︎trigger warning▪︎ - fighting - mentions of death - strong language - mature themes - booze/drinking - mentions of suicide - mentions of abuse ...
159K 3.2K 45
Jupiter's life has always been hard from her mom taking her way from her family to her mother's boyfriend beating her almost every day. Then it all c...
55.3M 1.6M 47
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid hea...
1M 27.9K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...