He's Out There Alec

By Charlie-Cecilia

When Jace proposes to Simon, Alec is heartbroken as he was in love with Jace. Izzy wants to help Alec move on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 5

524 23 13
By Charlie-Cecilia

Izzy sighed when she slid into the couch next to Alec and Jace. Izzy was feeling confused, she kept feeling excited and butterflies in her tummy every time she thought about Clary. She hadn't had feelings like that for a long time. Not since...

"Iz what's wrong?" Alec asked in concern.

Izzy lent her head against Alec's shoulder and he put an arm around her, "It's Clary".

"Ooh, did you ask her out?" Jace asked.

Izzy and Alec both raised their eyebrows at Jace.

"What? I saw the way you two were looking at each other last night".

"Jace, read the room", Alec said in exasperation.

"I don't understand what's going on, normally I would have asked Clary out straight away. But I'm actually feeling too scared to".

Alec gave Izzy a side hug, "I think it might be because what you're feeling for Clary is serious and you're afraid of messing it up".

Izzy stared at Alec for a few minutes, "Are you secretly a mind reader?"

Alec and Jace laughed.

"If Alec was a mind reader he'd be rich", Jace said.

"No, I'd use my powers for good like Professor X".

Jace shook his head, "You hang out with Simon too much".

The trio continued to talk for a long time, but Jace had to leave for his date with Simon and Izzy had asked Clary to hang out with her so that she could get to know her more and gain the courage to ask her out. Alec had asked Magnus if he wanted to meet up but he already had plans with an old friend, so Alec had decided to stay at the apartment.

Alec was in the middle of watching a movie when his phone beeped. Alec stared in horror at the text.

'It isn't wise to be alone Alec. You're precious Magnus won't be able to protect you'.

Alec felt his heart pound in terror, he wanted to call Magnus but he was with his friend. Alec didn't want to spoil Magnus' plans, but he was so scared. Jonathan knew he was alone, was he spying on him? Was he in the building? That thought made Alec call Magnus despite his anxiousness to do so. Alec paced as he waited for Magnus to pick up, time seemed to go agonizingly slowly. Alec's heart dropped when Magnus didn't pick up, Alec tried again but still Magnus didn't pick up.

Alec's heart pounded even faster, Alec left Magnus a text asking him to call him as soon as possible. Alec's phone beeped again and Alec sighed in relief. But when he looked at the text his fear increased when he saw that it was from Jonathan and not Magnus.

'Aw poor Alec, your boyfriend has finally realized you're not worth his time. You and I both know that's why he didn't pick up, he isn't with a friend he's on a date with someone else'.

Alec's heart sank, Jonathan couldn't be right could he? But Magnus hadn't answered his calls or his text and he knew the danger he was in. No! Jonathan was manipulating him again he was wrong. Alec kept saying that to himself, trying to ignore the part of him that was saying Jonathan was right. Alec suddenly realized that Jonathan knew that Magnus hadn't picked up, he really was spying on him. Alec searched the apartment and looked out the windows but couldn't see Jonathan and that terrified him even more.

Alec couldn't be alone he was afraid that Jonathan would come for him at any minute, he hated to interrupt Jace's date with Simon but he had no choice. Jace answered after two rings and Alec sighed in relief.

"Jace I need you come back to the apartment".

"What's going on, is everything okay?" Jace asked in concern.

"Yeah, it's just-"

"Alec, I'm kind of on a date right now".

"I know but I really need you".

Jace sighed, "Okay I'll be there as soon as I can".

When Jace hung up Alec sank into the sofa in relief, but it was short lived when his phone beeped again alerting him to another text from Jonathan. Alec didn't want to read it but he couldn't help.

'How long do you think it will take for Jace to tire of you and realize you're just a burden?'

Alec felt tears roll down his face, Jonathan was right. Alec had spoiled Jace's date, and after nearly losing Simon Alec knew that Jace would want to spend as much time with him as possible and he ruined that. Izzy had just quit her job when her boss was horrible to Alec when he visited. He had nearly ruined Magnus' evening with his friend. He was just holding everyone back. He was a burden.

Alec jumped when the door opened a few minutes later and Jace came in. Alec quickly wiped his tears but not fast enough for Jace not to notice.

Jace joined Alec on the couch and put his arm around him.

"Alec, what's wrong".

Alec looked away, "Nothing".

"You're lying, I know you're hiding something", Jace said.

That made Alec look at him, "What?"

"Izzy does as well, what's going on Alec? Please tell me".

Alec automatically looked at his phone afraid of receiving another text from Jonathan, but thankfully none came. "I can't tell you Jace".

"Yes you can, you can tell me anything".

Alec sighed, he really wanted to tell Jace. But he was afraid he'd do something stupid and put himself in danger. Alec would never forgive himself if Jonathan hurt Jace because of him.

"Not this time, I'm sorry".

Jace was about to protest but was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Jace sighed and was got up to answer, but Alec grabbed his arm.

"Wait, I don't think you should answer".

Jace gave Alec a confused look, "Why?"

Alec wanted to say that it could be Jonathan but couldn't. The person who had knocked, knocked again causing Jace to automatically go to the door. Alec was frozen. He wanted to run in case it was Jonathan but he couldn't make himself move. But to Alec's immense relief it wasn't Jonathan.

"You're Jace Wayland right?"

"Yes, why?"

"I'm Valentine, you wanted to meet me son".

Jace's eyes widened in shock. He had been secretly trying to find his birth parents. He had gone back to the orphanage he had grown up in until Alec's family took him in. He had discovered that Valentine had given him up for adoption, but he had refused to tell the orphanage the reason for it. Jace had wanted answers and to meet his father and had contacted Valentine asking him to meet with him. But Valentine hadn't replied, and Jace had been thinking about giving up after multiple tries of contacting him. So he certainly hadn't expected Valentine to show up at his door.

"Y-you came?"

Valentine smiled warmly at Jace, "I wanted to meet you. I'm sorry I never replied, but I was too afraid to".

Jace smiled back, "It's okay I understand, I'm just glad you're here. Um come in".

"Thank you" Valentine said and caught Alec's eye.

Alec didn't like the way Valentine looked at him, it made him squirm uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry I hope I wasn't interrupting anything", Valentine said to Jace but didn't take his eyes of Alec.

"No it's okay, take a seat", Jace said but missed the hurt look Alec gave him.

Alec understood that Jace was excited to finally meet his father, but it hurt how easily Jace dismissed him.

Valentine sat next to Alec and moved closer to him, making Alec even more uncomfortable and anxious.

"Um I'll just go to my room and give you guys some privacy", Alec said, knowing that Jace would still be in the apartment made him feel safer. He got up, but Valentine grabbed his arm.

"I'm sure it's fine, Jonathan told me a lot about you Alexander in his emails. I would like to get to know you too".

Alec cringed when Valentine called him Alexander, it felt so wrong coming from him instead of Magnus. Even worse was when he called Jace Jonathan, it took a lot for Alec to squash the bad memories. It was even harder when Valentine's grip on his arm tightened enough to hurt him. Alec felt torn, he felt obligated to stay but he really didn't want to sit with Valentine.

"Alec has a project that he needs to work on, right Alec?" Jace said giving Alec a meaningful look.

Alec tried to hide his relief and worry. Though he wanted to leave the room, he wasn't sure about leaving Jace alone with Valentine. He reasoned that Jace wouldn't be completely alone as Alec would be in his room so he would be able to help Jace if he needed him, and Jace had waited so long to find his father he deserved some time alone with him.

"Yeah, sorry it's really urgent. Maybe another time".

Alec noticed Valentine's disappointment but he covered it up, "Yeah that would be nice".

Alec was grateful to leave the room, but he could feel Valentine's eyes on him as he left.

After a couple of hours someone knocked on his bedroom door, Alec opened it assuming it would be Jace but it was Valentine.

"Um can I help you?" Alec said awkwardly.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before I left and that I hope we can get to know each other. From what I hear you have done so much for Jonathan, I want to thank you", Valentine said and put his hand on Alec's shoulder.

Alec wanted to shrug Valentine's hand off, but didn't want to be rude so reluctantly restrained himself. "Oh yes I'm sure we can, you don't need to thank me I would do anything for Jace".

Valentine grinned at Alec, "I know, Jace said he would do anything for you".

Alec tried to ignore the anxiousness he felt at Valentine's words but found it very difficult, he was also aware of Valentine's hand still on his shoulder, "I'm so happy that you and Jace found each other. But he has wanted this all his life, please don't hurt him".

"I would never hurt Jonathan, you don't have to worry about that".

"Good, I hope it went well with Jace".

"It did thank you-" Valentine was interrupted by his phone beeping, "Ah I must be going, it was wonderful to meet you Alexander I hope we will meet again", Valentine said and left. Alec couldn't help but be relieved that he had gone. Alec went back into the living room wanting to see how Jace was.

"So, how did it go?"

Jace grinned at Alec, "It was amazing, I can't believe that after all these years I found him!"

"I'm so happy for you Jace", Alec said and pulled Jace into a hug that he gratefully returned. "But you need to be careful".

Jace pulled away from Alec, "What do you mean?"

Alec sighed, "You have only just met Valentine and... I know how much you want this, but I don't want you to raise your hopes up only for Valentine to disappoint you. I just don't want you to get hurt".

"I'll be careful Alec I promise".

"I never knew you were looking for your birth parents", Alec said.

Jace gave Alec a sheepish look, "Yeah no-one did. I wanted to wait until I found him and he agreed to meet me".

"Even Simon doesn't know?"

Jace cringed, "Even Simon".

"So are you going to tell him?"

"Yeah, I just hope he won't be mad that I kept this from him".

"It's Simon, I'm sure he'll understand", Alec said comfortingly.

Alec jumped when his phone rang, he was happy and surprised to see it was Magnus.

"I'm so sorry I missed your calls and text Alexander, I have just seen them now".

"It's okay Magnus", Alec said even though part of him was hurt.

"What did you want to call me about?"

Alec wanted to tell Magnus about the texts from Jonathan, but then he remembered what Jonathan said about him being a burden.

"I just... missed you and wanted to talk to you".

"I missed you too. You know there is a way to fix that".

"There is?" Alec said hopefully.

"How about we go on a date tomorrow, are you free for lunch?"

"Yeah um that sounds great".

"Wonderful, then I'll see you tomorrow Alexander, I'll text you the details".

"Great thanks, see you tomorrow", Alec said.

When Magnus hung up Jace grinned at Alec.

"So things are going well with Magnus huh?"

Alec blushed, "Yeah I think so".

"That's great Alec. Well I'm going to bed, it's been an interesting day", Jace said and left to go to his room.

"It certainly has", Alec said to himself.

Alec's phone beeped, Alec's heart sank and his heart began to pound again. It was another text from Jonathan.

'Not as interesting as mine, I almost forgot how beautiful you are. But seeing you again... I can't wait until you're in my arms again, it won't be long now I promise'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 278 21
Simon Lewis had a bad habit of being blind. Blind to the truth about his childhood best friend, blind to his own needs, blind to the family he's surr...
251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...
134K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...
120K 3.5K 36
Alec is in a toxic relationship with a mundane who treats him like shit. Izzy tries to make him realise the danger he's in by staying with him, but A...