Providence || Altering Fate [...

By Nekuru

Book 1: [C O M P L E T E D] *Under Editing* KHR fanfic: "Well sh*t, I just died..." A girl was killed due to... More

Disclaimer + Warning
Cover Page/ Table of Contents:
1. Family
2. New friend
3. A Visit
4. My teacher
5. Leaving home
6. Expect the Unexpected
7. Namimori
8. Where's my Shame?
9. Eighth grade
10. Reborn's here!
11 Transfer Student
12. Family!
13. Work
14: Troublee
15. Hospitalize
16. Winter Vacation
18. What happen to consent?!
19. The prince of Ranking
20. It's not Stalking!
21. Valentine Day
Extra: A day with Yamamoto
22. Snowball fight!
23. Zoo
24. Down to business
25. Sakura Viewing
26. Weird...
Extra: Zero affinity
27. Arrival
28. Worried Calls
29. Extra long Vacation
30. Notice
31. Chase and Capture
32. Is it worth to fight?
33. Return
34. Negotiation and murder pt.1
35. Negotiations and Murder pt. 2
36. Recommendation
37. The heck is this?!
Extra: A day with Ryohei
38. Arrival of the Rings
39. Training
News
40. Varia's arrival
41. Breaking Chains
42. My animal
43. The storm battle
44. Rain Battle
45. Mysterious Mist
46. Mist Battle
47. The Last Battle!
Extra: Unexpected Meeting
48. Confrontation
Extended: Sakura Viewing/Confrontation
49. Surprise!? (Her side)
Extended: Surprise!? (Their side)
50. Definition of her Shopping...
51. Wait... What!?
52. For Hari to Elias
53. Secret Weapon!
Extended: Secret Weapon!
54. I can't win...
55. six path of reincarnation
55.5 The burnt letter
56. Putting a spark...
57. Lighting the kindle
58. Waking up
59. Making of a Monster
60. Disappearance
61. Nightmare
62. The future
63. His Fiancee?!
64. Damsel in Distress
65. Confronting Bluebell
66. Just as plan
67. Games are fun
68. Obtain
69. Information
70. Dream
71. Lin's Cloud Guardian
72. Our resolve
73. A flower amongst these plebs
74. Announcement
75. Greetings
76. The real six funeral wreaths
77. Rest
78. Self Preparations
79. The awaited meeting
Rules: Game of Choice
80. Begginging of Choice!
81. Setting up
82. Shall we start?
83. Clashing Rain
84. The result
85. His feat
86. Yuni's Interception
87. No time to rest!
88. Future's Finale
89. The future battle
90. The Damage
91. Lurking Beast
92. Waking Up
93. Destination
94. Their Arrival
95. Difference
96. Devour the Strong
97. Promise
98. No one's safe
99. Vongola vs. Millefiore
100. Resonance
101. Friend's Visit?
102. Disciple's Feelings
103. A request
104. Return to the past

17. New years!

6.1K 317 12
By Nekuru

17. New years!

I just arrive in front of Namimori quarter to nine in the morning, Kyoya didn't exactly tell me what time we're supposed to meet so I guessed that it was going to be early and I was right.

He was wearing a blue silky kimono with a simple pattern, his eyes close while standing up and crossing his arms.

I poked his cheeks, it seems that woke him up, as he grabbed the hand I poked him and hit me in my head.

"Um, how long have you been here, sempai?" I ask rubbing the area he hit, as he didn't let go of my other hand "your cheeks are quite cold, So as your hands!"

"Around eight?" He answers, taking his phone out and a limousine arrives "anyways, let's go."

Was he planning on standing here for the whole day if I didn't show up?!

Kyoya then dragged me to the limousine as we sat side by side, in all of spaces in the car he wanted to sit next to me. I tried to move to a different seat only to be held back down.

"Don't even think about it, herbivore." He smirks, holding my waist, so that I can't get up.

Is this even normal?! I don't remember seeing this in shounen manga! Only on bl! B freaking L!

"Um, Sempai... where are we going?" I ask not having the guts to look at him.

"The shrine."

"The shrine?"

"Don't you ever go in new years eve?"

"No, I would usually stay at home and sleep."

"I see, so the President herbivore is quite a loner."

"Oi, I'm not a loner!" I furrowed my eyes, crossing my arms. His hand was still on my waist and it seem like he doesn't plan to move it any sooner.

"President herbivore is sulking, how cute" he chuckles, completely teasing me.

"Don't call me cute! I'm a guy y'know!" I feel my cheeks heat up, completely dominating me "that would hurt my ego as a guy!"

"Hmm. Is that so?" He only hums, with his smirk pasted in his face "I'd love to see little herbivore more flustered but we have arrive!"

This guy is a sadist! He enjoys seeing people gets flustered, and bullying me! It wasn't like this last year, in fact, we didn't even talked at all last year. What the heck did I do during the past month for Kyoya to suddenly be interested in me?! 

"Are getting out of the car or perhaps you enjoyed my teasing too much that you want to stay?" He snap me out from my thoughts and immediately shook my head as I get out of the limousine.

The two of us went to the shrine, there weren't a lot of people despite litterally being new years. I followed the tall male who was in front of me, as simply lead the way.

"I'm surprise there isn't a lot of people.." I comment, looking around.

"Well, the shrine is owned by my family, its reserve only workers and my family for today." Kyoya mentions casually, as I can only look in amazement.

The two of us sent a small prayer to the Gods, or to me, a small prayer to my friend Orfeo containing all my gratitude for my reincarnation in KHR.

Then we pulled to fortune paper, I unfolded my sheet to see the result of my luck;

Normal Luck.

A friend from another world has heard your prayers, and your oblivion will be the reason for your slow love life..

I was satisfied with my fortune, probably it's a coincidence or Orfeo's doing but if my prayers did reach to his ears then I'm glad. I notice that my romantic life seem that it's going to be a slow one or close to nonexistent, wow, thanks fate...

"Normal luck, how boring that is, herbivore" he chuckles, leaning at me as he makes fun of my fortune.

"Go away! I like my fortune as is!" I didn't really feel like being violent, nor I plan to push him "what did you get anyways?"

Wonderful luck! You will be showered with interesting thing in your life.

WHAT. THE. FU-! How incredible is this man's luck is?! He looks at me with that smug look, as we continue to celebrate new years together.

"What should we do next?" I ask exitedly, looking around as I haven't been in this area of Namimori.

"Follow me, we should eat first then we'll walk around." Pulls his hand out, and I unconsciously placed my hand. A thing bad habit that I used to do when we were hanging out as children.

He stares at my hand for a bit, but didn't say anything as he start to lead the way. By the time we arrived, it was already lunch and we started to order our food and ate. I was going to pay for my own bill but Kyoya had already paid for both.

"I can't believe you did that!" I pouted puffing my cheeks.

"Why do you get mad over a trivial thing?" Kyoya looks amuse, as he pinches my cheek.

We then start to walk around more, as he leads me to a familiar route. A place where Kyoya and I frequently go and play when we were children. Even to this day, I still don't know how big Namimori, as the place we frequented had a large body of water and a silhouettes of small islands can be seen from a distance.

The sun was setting, painting the skies pink and purple, the weather was cold but for some reason everything feels warm.

The air was cold, nostalgia hit me as I look at my surrounding. Nothing seem to change. As if this place looks like time had stopped itself, I loved looking at the clear water reflecting the passing clouds.

"Pretty..." I mumble unconsciously.

"It is, isn't it?"Kyoya nods, looking at the setting sun "I used to drag someone here and play all day long. Although she claims she was weak, not once, did I ever managed to land an attack. A lie I knew too well."

He knew...

He was sharper than I thought, I would lie under the pretense that I'm weak in order not to crush his confidence, but he already caught on, I shouldn't have underestimated him and that I should've been honest. 

I listen to his story of our childhood, not that he's aware that his childhood friend was standing next to him. I looked to the side to see what kind of expression Kyoya was making. His face looks full of nostalgia and slightly coated with sorrow.

"Although the memories created here are wonderful, I just haven't had the courage to go... since it only brings me unwanted emotions."

"...why did u bring me here then?" I felt my heart tightens, filling up in regret.

"Who knows.. perhaps I needed someone to come with me here." Kyoya started at frozen water before looking up.

I'm right here, so don't look sad..

I opened my mouth, but words couldn't come out. I then stare at the setting sun, reaching my hand to Kyoya. None of us spoke, no teasing, no bantering, just silence and the warmth being shared in our hands. What a coward... I thought to myself.

If only I was stronger...

I probably didn't had to let his go...

If only I was a little bit stronger..

Perhaps, everything would've been different, but the past has been written down and there's nothing I can do but to prepare for the future. I tighten my grip a little, I thought holding his hand would give him a little comfort but it seems like I was the one who feels like being comforted. I don't know whose being comforted anymore, but both of us stayed still as he reciprocated the gesture. 

If he only knew who I was, I don't think I would have the right to his hand, but... if he allows me to hold his hand for a second, then I'd like to keep holding on, even for a little bit, I want to keep this warmth for myself.

"It's getting late. Shall we go?" Kyoya broke the silence, as the sun was barely shining. It was still early in the afternoon, but winter hours are way shorter. 

I nod, as the two of us head back, not saying another work, but our hands still in link. Kyoya called for a ride and drove me home. I thanked him for the day as he only nodded before leaving. I didn't expected that I spent my whole day spending it with Kyoya and I actually enjoyed his company. This experience had been wonderful, but there's one more thing that's clear to me.

I need more strength...

_____
_____

Winter Vacation ended in the blink of an eye, spending my time with either Hari or Tsuna's group, but there were small change in my routine. I started to build my stamina, and start the module Fon made when I was younger again.  

I was going to school with Ryohei, Kyoko and Hari as four of us happen to be quite close since we're neighbors.

Along the way, Tsuna and Yamamoto joined us. We all started to talk about homework and how enjoyable the winter break was, Tsuna and Reborn kept asking me what I did for New years which I smoothly able to change or completely avoid the subject. The rest of the group went to the student board, to see which classes they're in. I didn't checked, since I was the one who made the class list with the help of Iru-sensei. (an abuse of power as the school's president, if I say so myself)

I stretched my hand, knowing that my position as a student president is going to be over soon. I can taste my sweet, savory freedom! No more paperwork! No more staying after school! And lastly, No more responsibility!

"You seem happy, Prez Echo. Did something good happen?" Tsuna notice that I've been grinning like a madman.

"Yeah, my presidency is going to end soon! And call me Eli-nii, it sound stiff when you call me by my title!" I demanded, since we've been hanging out for almost a year now.

"Eh, Elliot's not going to be this year's president?!" The group yells in shocked "but I liked you as our president!"

"Yeah, you we're such a chill president with rainbows and flowers! Failing students actually starts studying and stopped having red marks since they came to your tutoring session!" Haru exclaims.

"Oi, I'm a guy! I don't want to hear that I'm filled with rainbows and flowers!" I scolded Haru, while voice cracked a bit.

The students seems to overheard our conversation and started to persuade me to run for this year, to which I simply gave them my best smile and answer them with honesty.

"Hell no way, I'm going to be president for this year!"
_____
Don't forget to

VOTE! COMMENT AND ENJOY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 742 66
HIGHEST RANKS AS OF 2020: 10/10/2020 - #63 in Original Story - #15 in Ressurection 13/10/2020 - #15 in Spirit ...
14K 471 13
Vongola has been wiped out by an enemy famiglia and Hayano is the last survivor. To change the future, she was sent to the past to change things in t...
27.5K 625 31
[Katekyo Hitman Reborn: UNDER EDITING] Sawada Mitsuki, Tsuna's twin sister. Pretty, smart, and troublesome. Now joining in the story of Tsunayoshi a...
153K 7.8K 48
Dying and getting reincarnated in a different world was not something ##### expected. Now going by the name Kocho Tomoe, she just wants to live a pea...