Just Monika

By NotIt22

Why struggle to find love in the real world? Fictional characters are perfect. You can find so many unique tr... More

NOTE
NOTE 2
Future Plans
Hangin' Out
Saturday Night
Good Morning, Monika
"Oh Hi, Monika"
A Little Bit of Maegan
The Mall
Keith's Apartment
Some Time With Monika
So We're Dating Now?
A Day Without Monika Is A Day Wasted
Monika Monday
Tough Tuesday
The Sad Reality
Morning Talk
Worried Wednesday
Thrown Off Thursday
Thursday's Celebration
"Free" Friday
Double Date Disaster
Another Task?
Time To Strike
Some Time Togther
Monika?
Goodbye, Monika
I'll See You Soon
But How?
Are You Okay?
Talk
Sunday Morning
Sleepy Afternoon
Another Goodbye?
I Guess This Is It
What's Going On?
Epilogue
Photo and Facts

What About Tomorrow?

1.5K 39 75
By NotIt22

I entered Keith's dads room and saw Monika lying in bed. She seemed to be watching a movie, but I didn't recognize it. She was dressed up like she was going out, but relaxing like she didn't have any plans. She was wearing a while long sleeve with a black skirt and a black bow to match.

"Hey Monika!"

"Oh hey Danny! How have you been?"

"Been pretty good, I just got back. How about you?"

"I've been pretty good too. But I'm doing a lot better now that you're here."

I blushed. "Haha, thanks Monika."

I lied in bed next to her and watched the movie with her.

Well I attempted to.

I couldn't really concentrate. My mind was going crazy with thoughts of Monika. I just hugged her and looked at the TV without paying too much attention. Monika seemed to be interested in it, so I did my best not to distract her from it.

After the movie was over, Monika got the remote and turned off the TV.

"You're not gonna watch another movie," I asked.

"Nah, I think I'd rather talk with you." Her smile widened. "I want to know everything about you!"

Wow, Monika was really interested in getting to know me. Not even my ex was this interested. But I wasn't really sure what to tell her.

"I'm not sure what to say. What would you like to know?"

"Well I guess just random things. Like, what's your favorite food?"

"Ah well, I guess I would go with pizza. But I sometimes have a craving for wings. Although I prefer boneless, I don't mind-"

There was a knock on the door and a feminine "hello," coming from the other side. I got up and opened the door. Maddie, Odin's "date," was standing outside.

"Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew where Odin was? He told me he'd be back after he dropped you off."

That was about five hours ago, wasn't it? Did Odin forget about her? How the hell?

"Well he never told me anything. I just got back a couple of minutes ago."

She sighed. "Ah, that bastard."

"W-wait! I'll call him. Does Keith know you're here?"

"Yeah, been comforting me all day since Odin left."

"Alright, well you can wait in the living room with Keith. I'll give Odin a call."

"Cool, thanks Danny." She gave me a hug and closed the door on her way out. I lied back down next to Monika.

"So, what were we talking about," I asked.

"Uh, you were telling me about your favorite food." She didn't seem as happy as she was a couple of minutes ago.

She wasn't even smiling.

"Uh, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine."

"Come on Monika, you can talk to me. You're my girlfriend!"

She blushed and gave me a subtle smile. "Well, I was thinking about how you're gonna be in school tomorrow. You're gonna see a lot of cute girls there, and I'm worried that you'll find someone else."

I hugged her. "Oh Monika, I could never replace you. You're the only one for me. And I already made my decision. You're gonna come to school with me."

She seemed surprised. I actually was a little surprised, myself. I spoke without thinking.

"You're gonna take me to school with you?"

"Of course! You could..."

I took some time to think.

"You could spend time in the band hall! I have a friend who can look out for you while I'm in class. He's told me that some of the teachers don't really pay attention to the class, so you should be fine. We can meet in lunch, and then after school."

She seemed happy with the idea. "Well if you think it'll work."

All I would have to do is explain the weird situation to him. Or maybe I could somehow spare the explanation since he doesn't know what Doki Doki Literature Club is.

"I'm sure it'll all be alright. I'm gonna call Odin real quick for Maddie."

I called Odin and waited for him to pick up. It took a little while, but he finally did.

"Hello?"

"Odin, Maddie's still at Keith's house!"

"What? Oh shit, I forgot! Tell her I'll be right there."

I felt like this would end badly.

"I'll let her know. I'll see ya, bud."

He hung up and I opened the bedroom door. I called to Maddie.

"Maddie, Odin says he'll be here in a bit."

"Okay! Thanks!"

I closed the door and lied down with Monika.

"So I think we'll be alright for tomorrow," I said. "And with you there, I'll get the chance to show you off."

She blushed and smiled. "Aww Danny, are you really that proud to have me?"

"Of course I am! You're an awesome girl Monika, and I'm really happy to have you in my life."

"I'm happy to have you, Danny."

She moved real close to me and we shared another cuddle session. It was soon interrupted by a knock on the front door. It was probably Odin coming back. I didn't want him to face Maddie alone, so I decided I'd go over there with him.

"Hey Monika, I'll be right back."

"Okay."

I left to the living room and saw Keith approaching the door. Maddie was sitting on the couch. Odin entered as Keith opened the door. He saw Maddie upon entry.

"Maddie I'm sorry..."

"Odin, what the hell! You told me you were coming back!"

"I know, and I'm really sorry. You see, I-"

Odin wasn't the best under pressure. I wasn't sure what he was going to say, but I didn't want to risk it.

"Odin can be very busy sometimes. With all the martial arts practice, cross country, and basketball, his schedule sometimes gets a little mixed up. Ask Keith, it happens with us all the time."

She looked at Keith.

"Yeah, it happens quite a bit," Keith said.

"But in the end, Odin's always there. He may be late at times, but there's never been a time where he's not there. Please don't be angry, Maddie. He just has a busy schedule."

I could see her calming down a bit.

"Alright. Odin, I forgive you. Just please don't do it again, okay?"

Odin hugged Maddie. "It won't happen again, baby. I promise. Let me take you home."

They left the apartment and Keith closed the door after them.

"Wow, you really saved him," Keith said.

"Ah well, what are friends for? I'm gonna go back to the room with Monika. I'll see you later, alright bud?"

"Alright."

Keith headed upstairs and I went back to the room with Monika. She was lying there, waiting for me. I lied down next to her and took my phone out of my pocket to text my mom that I'd be staying at Keith's for the night. After I sent the text, I put my phone on the night stand and looked at Monika. She slowly moved closer to me and we started to cuddle once again. I couldn't get enough of her.

You can never have too much Monika.

I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. Although I was really happy, I could feel myself falling asleep once again. I felt pretty tired these past two days. It must've been the stress.
When I yawned, Monika asked about it.

"You feel tired, Danny?"

"Yeah, kind of. Let me just put my phone to charge real quick. I'm gonna set an alarm for 6:30 so we'll have enough time to get ready for school."

"Alright."

I took my old phone out of my pocket and put it to charge since my current phone already had battery.

You didn't forget that I brought with me, did you? I don't blame you. It wasn't really a significant detail until now.

I lied back down with Monika and slowly drifted off to sleep as we cuddled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.3K 71
A couple of months have passed. Danny's finally a senior. He still has memories, but that's all they've been. She never came back. Or so it seems
6.7K 118 10
Y/N L/N, 18 years old, was always the lonely type of person. He doesn't have many friends, but his childhood friend, Sayori, decided that today was t...
11.9K 186 26
You have known Sayori for years. She's your most cherished friend, and you know each other so well. You've always loved her since day one, but didn't...
57.5K 1.2K 63
Book 2- A new club, a new beginning! Continue our lives in high school as we expand this club, facing very normal teenager things! This is reality, (...