Time Tells All (Book 4)

By kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... More

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Alive
Proposition
Information
The Knock
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Death
Torture
Solitude
Clean Up
Free
Moving On
Heart Broken
Epilogue
Amanda's Story
Update

Bahamas

1.8K 59 10
By kthaler

Dole’s Point of View

            I got off the phone with Kyle, wondering what he was doing that he had forgotten about me coming over. I knew better than to question him about it though. Kyle would talk to me when he wanted too. It was best not to push it with him. I drove to the airport, ready to head to the Bahamas. I remembered about two years ago, almost three, when Kyle first talked to me about the plan with Kelly on the island in the Bahamas. God, time really seemed to fly.

            Robbins and I ran onto the island, sand flying as we did. Kyle ran out of the house and started to head for the woods. I clenched my gun tightly, ready to use it if I needed too. Robbins stood next to me, aiming her gun at Kyle as he ran.

            “Freeze Kyle!” She shouted. Kyle ignored her and continued to run into the woods. I knew that Marcus was inside with the girls and Kyle was trying to separate Robbins and I.

            “Dole, follow Kyle, I’ll go inside and take Marcus.” Robbins said, and I watched as she ran up to the front door of the beach house.

            Listening to Robbins, I took off running into the woods, closely behind Kyle. I knew he was going slower now for some reason. He was probably planning something against me, but I just had to keep going.

            “Freeze!” I shouted, aiming my gun at Kyle, who had now stopped running.

            He slowly turned around, smirking at me. I wasn’t sure what his plan was, but it wasn’t good. My gun was still aimed at him, and in response to that, Kyle threw his hands up in the air. 

            “Hello Jake. How are you?” Kyle asked, trying to get into him.

            “I have a deal for you, which I recommend you listen to.” Kyle persuaded, his smirk still on his face. Part of me was curious to what this could be, but then again Kyle was just a criminal, trying to get inside my head. I nodded, slowly, gesturing for him to talk. What would Kyle want with me?

            “I’m creating a plan. We both know I will go to jail but I want to be with Kelly forever. I want to get her back but I need some help.” He said, clearly insane.

            “Why the hell would I ever do that? I’m arresting your sorry ass.” I snarled, beating myself up for even talking to Kyle and not handcuffing and arresting him the second he surrendered.

            “Listen, I know you and Robbins are pretty close to each other and I would hate to see her get hurt.” Kyle said, in a threatening manner. I was in love with Robbins. I wasn’t sure if Kyle knew that but I would do anything to protect Robbins. I knew Kyle would escape jail if he was sent there, and if I wasn’t on his side, then Robbins would pay the price.

            “You’ll be locked away in prison.” I spat, trying to act like a jail could really hold him.

            “First off, that will never stop me. I can have a friend of mine hurt her. And before you say that you can abandon visitors, please remember it wouldn’t happen right away. I will soon get a visitor and that’s when I’ll strike,” Kyle paused for a moment.

“The thrill of kidnapping is the best feeling in the world. The way the girls look at you and beg for you to let them go is amazing. I can’t describe the feeling you get. Plus, you’re a cop, they would never suspect you. You could easily get away with kidnap, murder, anything.” He said.

            “No, I can’t do that stuff. I am a police officer.” I said, knowing he did have a point.

            “So was I and I made a small mistake that got me caught. We could be partners. We could do anything, go anywhere and be anyone we want. I have disguises that you won’t even believe. Come on, Dole. I have the perfect plan.” He convinced.

            “What plan?” I  asked, suddenly really interested in this plan.

            “A year from now, I will escape jail. I know every crack and crevice in that building. A few weeks before, you will start to kidnap girls but not just any girls. You are going to be my copy cat. Find girls with the same initials as the girls I kidnapped. You can do everything like I did and the great part is, no one will ever think it’s you. You can visit me in jail and pretend you are asking me questions about the new kidnappings but we can actually talk and you can give me something to help me get out of my cell.” Kyle said, almost out of breath from his plan.

            “I’m not a kidnapper though.” I said, knowing this wasn’t the person that I was.

            “It’s not as hard as you think. I have made a list of girls you can take and their addresses. I have been planning for this, way before I kidnapped Kelly. If you are in, I’ll give you an address to a place where it has everything you will need. Chloroform, rags, ropes, chains, a blueprint on how to build a new hideout, guns, disguises, clothes,  anything you need it will be there.” Kyle said, grinning. Now I was convinced. I would become a new person. I smiled softly as I said, “Okay, I’m in.”

            I couldn’t believe how much I had chanced since then. I remembered how unsure I was and now look at me. I smiled at the thought. I arrived at the airport and boarded my plane, ready for the plan to start. Even I couldn’t predict how it would go. Kyle had done a lot of research for this and I just hoped everything went smoothly.

            Hours later, I arrived in the Bahamas. I was exhausted from the ride, since I didn’t sleep at all. Part of me hated how Kyle had made me come over here by myself while he stayed in Florida. It was like I was his bitch and that he was sending me into a dangerous situation and probably wouldn’t care if I died. What would happen if Kayden found me?

            I ignored the feeling and got off of the plane. I gathered my bags and headed for a taxi. The air was warm and perfect and I considered just moving here and forgetting everything in Florida. Robbins hated me. Kyle was probably just using me. I was a wanted man. And Kayden would probably be after me too once he found out I was working with Kyle. 

            I arrived at the hotel I was staying at and once I was settled in my one bed suite, I decided it would be best to call Kyle now and hopefully find out what he was doing either this morning. I sat down on the fluffy bed, and dialed Kyle’s number. On the third ring be picked up.

            “Hey Dole, make it there alright?” He asked.

            “Yeah I just got to my hotel.” I replied, wondering what kind of mood Kyle was in right now. It was hard to tell by just hearing his voice.

            “So I found out something really important this morning.” Kyle said and I knew by his tone that this was something that was serious. Kyle almost sounded fearful.

            “What?” I asked, sort of afraid to hear his response.

            “Kelly’s alive.” He breathed.

            My mouth literally dropped open. At first, I didn’t say anything. I swore Kelly was dead at the cabin. How was she alive? This didn’t make any sense. This could change everything.

            “What? How?” I asked.

            “I don’t know. I got a letter from Kayden with an address saying Kelly is alive, last night. I think he has one of his men keeping an eye on me and giving me that letter. I’m not sure what to think, but I saw her with my own eyes. She’s alive, Dole.”

            “What do you want to do?” I asked.

            “Nothing yet. I want you to start the investigation and next time we talk, hopefully I’ll have answers.” Kyle replied.

            “Okay I’ll start as soon as I can. I’ll call you if I find anything major.” I said, still in shock from Kelly being alive. Did Robbins know this? Of course, she had to know if Kelly was alive, how couldn’t she?

            “Bye, I’ll talk to you soon.” Kyle said, hanging up the phone.

            I laid back on the bed, exhausted from the flight and from this new information. I just couldn’t figure out how this was possible. How did Kayden find out about Kelly in the first place? Did he have men watching all of us? I decided to order room service and get some food into me, hoping I would be able to think better with food in me.

            There was a knock on my door about fifteen minutes later and my stomach was growling. I walked to the door and opened it up, gesturing for the waiter to come inside. He placed my food on the table and I turned to thank him when I stopped dead in my tracks. Standing in front of me in a room service uniform was Kayden.

            “Hello Jake, nice to see you again. I have a proposition for you.”

Hey everyone i was in the writing mood so i managed to get another chapter written!!!! So now you know Dole's POV when Kyle talked to him on the island. What did you think of the ending??? I may do Kelly's POV next chapter i'm not sure yet. What do you think is going to happen? I hoped you all enjoyed and this chapters dedication goes to @ChloeC_. Thanks for such a long comment, i always love those the best. You are really nice and please keep up all the comments and votes. I love all your support. It makes me want to write more. Until next time, i hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 102 12
A one-shot book filled with different stories about Kidnapping, brother moments and more, read to find out what else awaits you.
2.6M 136K 49
The third book to the Family Comes First trilogy Time has passed, and now Hunter is seventeen and preparing to graduate from high school. Jimmy is...
Mistakes By kaekee13

General Fiction

8 0 1
Six teenagers and three kids are kidnapped by a man who has already caused too much pain. They must fight to survive, but not all of them will... Thi...
45.8K 867 46
READ THIS STORY WITH CAUTION! PLEASE! It can get very triggering so if you're easily trigger don't read this!