Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XLVI

6.8K 170 18
By DreamingToBe17

I sat down crossed leg on the floor, waiting for Cayden to come out of his dad's office. I wouldn't mind missing classes if he's in a bad mood, I just want to be there for him and I want to understand him like he understands me.

I don't need us to constantly fight then make out just to make up for all the things we argued about. If I'm going to have a relationship, if I want this to last longer and be more open to him, then I'm going to enlighten Cayden by being there for him and saying all he needs and wants to know.

I am so tired of trying to mend myself, save myself from breaking. If he's the one who's going to break me, I have no more strength left to pick myself up and If I'm the one who's going to break his heart... I don't even know what I would do or what he would do.

I hear the door squeak, I look up and saw the door open. I stood up from the floor, dusting my pants off. Cayden steps out of his dad's office with an annoyed face, a face that looks like he doesn't want to talk about anything right now.

He notices my presence, gives me a glare and for a few seconds, he decides to leave me. I sigh and roll my eyes, "So, are you just gonna leave me here?" I said as I watch him walk towards the exit door. "Jesus," I whispered to myself.

"I already told you to leave me alone, didn't I?" He says, stopping at his footsteps. I look at him, he turns around and meets me in the eye. His eye screams horror but I'm not going to let that scare me away from trying to keep him calm.

"And does it look like I'll be taking your orders every now and then, just like that?" I question him, I start walking towards him as he stands still in his spot, "Cayden," My voice turns soft.

"I'm not going to pressure you nor push you to tell me what's going on. At least, appreciate the presence of others who want to be there and reach out to you," I said. He turns his back and starts walking again as I sigh in defeat inside my head.

Don't chase him. He probably needs some space, right now. Just give him what he needs then he'll give you what you want. Talking to myself is not really helping but I guess I could say that it does help right now, especially in situations like this.

"I'll just call you later," He says as I sigh in relief. Good job, Hailey. You did not talk too much, therefore, you'll get the information that you need, "If I feel like it," he added as he exits the doors. I rolled my eyes and sighed annoyingly, forget what I said.

As much as I want to go visit Cayden at his house, I don't even know where it is located. But I'm probably sure that's the last place he'll ever go. I've been calling his phone for 2 hours, leaving hundreds of messages, asking where he is and why he hasn't called me.

I'm not the type of girlfriend who wants to know every detail about his man, but in times like this, I need to actually know every detail. What is he doing? Who is he with? Where is he? Is he fucking some girl? Okay, too much.

I think about the possible places of where he should be at and I think about the places of where he took me, the places that made him feel safe and happy and sad at the same time. I grab my keys and rushed downstairs to go to the beach first.

"I'm going out," I shouted and my mom stops me, I stop in my tracks and look at her, "Didn't I told you that we're going out to dinner?" She says and I sigh, not knowing what to do and what to choose at this point.

"As much as I want to, like really want to, but someone needs me right now as much as I need them," I said as I open the door and left, I went inside my car, putting the car keys in the ignition and started driving.

It's already 4:50 PM in the afternoon and I have 1 hour to spare before I arrive at the beach. Even though I have slept a lot of times in his car while we are traveling. I decide to pull over to the side and search for all the beaches in this state.

I found 3 beaches and I wouldn't mind wasting my time driving just to find him and so, I start driving. This journey is gonna take awhile.

***

The last two beaches have had a great view but there were no signs of Cayden, I thought to myself that maybe he went here or there but then left and went to another place. Knowing Cayden, he is an adventurous type of person.

I decided to call his phone, not willing to waste more gas anymore on this trip. His phone rings and I waited for him to pick up, wishing to the gods that he would answer my call. I hear him pick up, "Cayden, thank god. I've been calling you earlier for 2 hours and left you hundreds of messages, where are you?" I asked.

I hear him exhale a breath, "Cayden?" I said, waiting for him to respond. "I'm at the beach," he says and I look out of the window of my car, unable to see Cayden's presence. How stupid of me. I decided to step out of the car and start searching.

"Where are you?" I asked as I remove my shoes, not wanting to get sand inside of it. I placed it back inside the car and started walking towards the beach, feeling the sand on my feet. "Which beach?" I asked. Maybe I'm on the wrong beach.

"I see you," He says as I started running towards the shore, "Wher—hello?" I asked as the line cuts off, probably he ended the call. I started dialing his phone but failed to do so because of the signal, great.

I tried putting my phone in the air, looking for a signal. Suddenly I feel someone wraps their arms around my waist. I put my phone down, placing it in my pocket. Caressing the arms of the person who is hugging me.

I turned around and saw Cayden, "I'm sorry," he says as he hugs me tightly, his head digging into my chest as I play with his hair as I hug him. God, he smells so good. "I'm sorry for pushing you away."

I pat his back and kiss his head as he continues to hug me, tightly. "It's alright, I get that you are mad or sad or whatever that pulled your string, made you this upset," I said as we stood still at our spot.

"But if this is what I'm going to go through everytime someone makes you this upset, I'll just have to live with it," I said. He made a distance between us, placing both of his hands on my shoulders and his eyes piercing through mine.

"God, I love you so much," He says and I smile at him. "You don't even deserve to be treated like this," he added and I chuckle, still smiling at him and looking at his eyes. He still looks sad.

He looks down at our hands, intertwining his fingers with mine as I look down and smile, swinging both of our hands. He started walking towards the shore and I just followed. "I hope you're not sad anymore," I said.

He looks at me as we keep on walking, "I'm not," he says and he looks at the ocean, watching and hearing the waves. "Because you are here and that's enough to keep me happy," he added as he spares me a glance and smile.

I can feel my cheeks heat up at how he keeps the flirtatious conversation going. How does he control that? How can't I control that? I think I just found my weakness. Cayden's flirtatious words piercing through my heart. Can you stop being like this?

"Stop being what?" Oh my god. I did not just say that out loud. I look at him and plaster an innocent smile, "Stop being... handsome?" I said, sounding more like I was questioning my response.

He rolls his eyes at me and smirks, he pecked my cheek and I smile at him. "This is relaxing," I said as we keep on walking towards the end of the shore. My phone vibrates, I pull out my phone and look at the iMessage. So now, there's a signal.

Mom <6:39 PM, Tuesday> Where are you? It's almost 7.

I look at Cayden as he plays with the sand with his feet as we continue walking hand in hand, "Uh, Cayden?" I said, he looks up and gives me a questioning look.

"I need to go, I promised my mom that I'm going to eat dinner with her boyfriend," I said, emphasizing the word 'boyfriend' because I'm still uncomfortable knowing that my mom is dating someone rather than staying single.

"Oh, it's alright. I'll drive you," he says and I look back at the parking lot. I look back at him, smiling awkwardly.

"As much as I want to, I brought my car with me," I said and he looks at the parking lot and nodded his head. We started going back towards the parking lot, still hand in hand. As soon as we reached my car, he lets go of my hand.

I opened my car, putting the key in the ignition. The car failed to start, seeing that my car is out of gas. How nice of me to travel this far without feeding my car with some gas. He looks at me and started snickering.

"Guess I was meant to drive you home, huh?" He says. As soon as I get out of my car, the sky turns dark and soon, it starts raining. "Oh shit," he says as he grabs my hand and started running towards his car.

Once we arrived at his car, he unlocked it and we both hopped in, soaking wet. He puts the key in the ignition. My hair and my clothes are wet, I look at him and saw him already removing his shirt, revealing his abs as I look away, embarrassedly.

He chuckles, his hand touches my chin as he turns my head to look at him, "Why are your cheeks so red?" he asks as I bite my lip. I look at him, his eyes on my lips, "You're biting your lip," he says.

We both locked gazes at each other, in just one blink of an eye, his lips touch mine. I close my eyes, as I felt myself kissing him back. Soon, I felt the weight on my laps, I open my eyes and see him sitting on top of me.

He adjusts the car seat and continues to kiss me, his hands started roaming my body, lifting my shirt up. I let him remove my shirt and he successfully removes it, I let myself fall back on the adjusted car seat.

I felt his body touch mine, soon his hands are touching my back, trying to unhook my bra. I open my eyes and stopped kissing him, "We shouldn't be doing this, especially inside a car," I said as I grab my shirt, even though it's soaking wet.

"Sorry," He says as he starts getting back to his senses. I felt his eyes watch me as I try to wear my shirt that is soaking wet. He chuckles and starts digging something at the back of the car seats. After he finishes digging through something, he throws me a clean white shirt.

"Wear it," he says and so, I did. "Thanks," I said. After I successfully wore the shirt he gave me, which obviously smells like him, he starts reversing the car and starts driving back home. His eyes are fixed on the road.

I looked at him and chuckle, remembering what just happened a while ago. He spares me a glance, "What's so funny?" he asks and I look at him, smiling.

Nothing. Except the fact of me, almost losing my virginity inside this car as it starts pouring outside. "Oh, nothing."

***

Surprise Valentine's Update!

2 days left until Valentine's. I hope you guys loved reading today's Valentine's Update. Don't worry, I'll still be posting 2 chapters on usual days. The next update will be on Thursday and the last update for the week will be on Friday.

So, what do you guys think? Don't forget to Vote, Comment your thoughts about today's update and Share this story to your friends and help me reach rank 50 in teen fiction.

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

Happy Valentine's Day in advance!

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...
2M 58.5K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...
103K 1.4K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
78.8K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...