Without You | Sesshomaru

By LyraUlric

An unknown force draws Lyra, Kagome's cousin, to the Higurashi shrine. After accidentally falling into it, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 - Lemon
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23 - Lemon
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 31

9.2K 325 118
By LyraUlric

"Ye are carrying a child, my dear."
Lyra's eyes widened. "What?"
"Ye are to be a mother."
"What?"
Kaede knitted her brows together. "Ye are pregnant."
"What?"
"How many ways is there to say it?" Kaede said, growing frustrated. "When a man and a woman love each other they-"
"No, no, no. Please..." Lyra quickly stopped her. That was the last thing she needed to hear from Kaede. "I know. I understand. It's just..." She breathed out as she processed the news before looking at the old lady. "I mean, a-are you sure?"
"I have never been so sure, my dear."
"But how do you know?" Obviously being brought up in a world with medical equipment, she couldn't understand how Kaede knew without any devices.
Kaede smiled. "I have been alive long enough to see the signs."

Lyra breathed out. She didn't know whether to be happy or not. Of course she absolutely delighted and she couldn't wait to tell Sesshomaru. But she didn't know what his reaction would be. With Naraku and the Band of Seven still out there, he was going to become even more protective now that she was carrying his child. He had always said he wanted a family but was it the right time?

"Did ye have not a clue?" Kaede asked, pulling her out of her thoughts.
Lyra shook her head. "Not really. Things were starting to smell and taste different. But so much has happened over the last few days that I never had the chance to think about it."
Kaede gave a single nod. "Aye. I was informed about the Shapeshifter. Perhaps ye will was strengthened against him due to the child inside."
"Do you really think so?" she asked.
"Aye. They say the unborn child protects the mother just as the mother protects the child."
"Wow," she awed placing her hand over her stomach.

Just then, Sesshomaru entered the hut carrying some herbs in his hand. He was pleased to see that Lyra was awake and handed the herbs to Kaede.

"Aye, this will do nicely. I shall leave ye alone whilst I prepare the medicine."

With that, she left. Lyra knew she was giving her the opportunity to tell Sesshomaru the news. He walked over to her before sitting down. She smiled as he gently raked her hair back with his fingers.

"How do you fare, Lyra?" he asked.
She leaned into his hand as he cupped her cheek. "Very well. I'm sorry if I frightened you."
"I wondered if that creep did something to you, however the old lady informed me that you were simply lacking in food and rest," he told her.
"Those past few days had been the most scariest moment of my life. Apparently Naraku had sent him. He..." She closed her eyes. "He did things to me that I wish to forget. All I want is to forget his slimy touch from my skin."
Sesshomaru frowned. "What did he do?"
"He kept kissing me and touching me. But I confess that I acted to his wishes..." she confessed, lowering her head in shame. "If I didn't comply, he would have killed me."
He held her chin and lifted her head back up. "I know you would never willingly do anything such. You had to keep yourself alive."
She looked at him and frowned softly. "I was about ready to allow him to kill me. It came to a point where I would rather have died," she admitted as her eyes filled with tears. "If you hadn't arrived in time, he would have done the unspeakable."

Sesshomaru knew what she was speaking of. That would have been something she wouldn't allow to happen even if it did get her killed in the process. If he hadn't reached her in time, he didn't know what he would have done. He wiped her tears away as they fell before she leaned against him. He held her close. Lyra had been through a lot and to learn Naraku sent him had made him rethink everything. Naraku knew how much Lyra meant to him and was targeting her to keep him away. If Itachi wasn't in the picture, Sesshomaru would have reached Mount Hakurei. Now Naraku must have recovered his strength. Sesshomaru concluded that he would take Lyra back to the castle. She would probably become upset but that was something he was going to have to deal with. But he wasn't going to tell her straight away. He would wait until night fell.

Even Lyra wasn't ready to tell Sesshomaru that she was pregnant. There was already a lot he had to deal with after she had confessed everything that had happened. She was just grateful that he wasn't upset and understood what she had to do and why. 'I'll wait for tonight after Jaken and Rin fall asleep.'

***

After Kaede had prepared her the medicine, she made it sort of like a drink so she could sip on it and keep her energy up. Thanking her, they left the village with Rin, Jaken and A-Un. Sesshomaru did not wish to pursue Naraku for the time being simply so that Lyra could rest and so that they could make up for lost time.

As the sun began to set, Lyra tried to think of the best way to tell Sesshomaru the news. Though she felt like however she told him, he would have the same reaction. She just didn't know what said reaction would be. For most of the time though, she and Rin had been playing games, filling the silent group with their talking and giggles. Sesshomaru didn't mind. Even with the noise in the background, he was also trying to find the best way to tell Lyra that he wanted her to remain in the castle.

The dreaded time arrived too quickly. They found a place to sleep for the night and set up a fire. Lyra eagerly awaited for the others to fall asleep as she and Sesshomaru sat together in silence. He was leaning back against a tree with one leg bent up at the knee. Lyra had her head rested on his knee as she absentmindedly played with the grass. With everyone finally asleep, she plucked up her courage.

She sat up and took a deep breath in and then out before turning to face Sesshomaru. His eyes were focused on the flames of the fire so she tried to grab his attention by holding her breasts.

"My boobs have been hurting recently," she sighed with a pained expression on her face.
Sesshomaru turned his eyes to look at her. "What?"
She sighed again. "I mean my breasts. My breasts are hurting."
"I see."
Lyra rolled her eyes before moving to sit on her knees, her hands in her lap. "Remember that painting I told you about? The one that's in the castle in the future?"
"Yes," he answered.
"I can't recall if I told you this or not but in that painting, I'm holding a baby in my arms," she hinted at him.
He turned away to look at the fire again. "No, you didn't tell me," he replied casually.

Lyra rolled her eyes again and smacked her palm to her face. Sesshomaru's attention was brought back to her again as she dropped her hand.

She looked into his eyes. "I'm pregnant, Sesshomaru. I'm carrying your child."

That was it. She finally said it. Sesshomaru was going to show some sort of emotion and say something profound to her. He was going to be a father. Was he going to be happy or upset? She stared at his face but he just stared back at her with his usual stoic expression. A few seconds went by in complete silence and the wait was sheer torture.

"I know," he said suddenly.
Lyra blinked. "What?"
He closed his eyes. "I know that you are carrying my child."
She nearly fell back in shock as she raised herself up on her knees, her hands on her hips. "Excuse me? What do you mean you know?"
He looked at her again. "Your scent has changed due to the baby. I have known for a while."

Lyra didn't know how to react. She just stared at him wide eyed in disbelief.

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" she asked in shock.
"I wanted to be sure."
She spluttered a bit as she tried to get her words out. "Wait, so you... You knew and..." She shook her head. "I... You... I just... Did you know it before or after the Itachi thing?"
"Before. You had conceived the night I showed you the castle," he told her casually.

She couldn't help but blush a little as she remembered that night. It was a special night. And she guessed they were both incredibly fertile as well. Breathing out a little, she looked at him with expectant eyes.

"So..?" she prompted with a small smile growing across her lips.
"So what?" he asked with a blank expression and tone.

Her smile instantly dropped, as did her heart. 'He's not happy...' she thought as tears began to prick her eyes. Her emotions were completely on a high. But she couldn't believe that the man she was in love with and the one who said he wanted a family with her was displeased about her being pregnant. She went to stand up but Sesshomaru held her wrist and pulled her onto his lap. There was a small frown on her face, his thumb wiping away the tear just as it fell.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.
She averted his gaze and turned her head away. "Because you're not happy about me being pregnant..."
His brows raised slightly. "What makes you think that?"
She sniffed. "Because y-"
"Lyra, look at me," he cut her off.

Lifting her head slightly, she looked up into his eyes. Met with warm gold tones, she was instantly soothed. His eyes told a different story to what was showing on his face. Leaning his forehead against hers, he closed his eyes and moved his hand down to her stomach. Lyra gazed at him as he spoke.

"You have given me the greatest gift of all," he told her, his voice soft and smooth. "You are carrying my child, Lyra, and nothing brings me greater joy than sharing this moment with you. There is no other who can provide me with joy you are blessing me with. Thank you, my beloved."

Lyra felt her heart flutter at his words and she felt silly for assuming that he was upset. She was surprised that he even thanked her. Before she could respond, he tilted his head and placed a short yet deep kiss on her lips. She closed her eyes and returned the kiss before they both parted a little and looked into each others eyes. She felt his large hand move under her shirt so his hand was touching her skin. His hand was so warm and relaxing.

Her once tears of sadness turned to tears of joy as the smile returned. "You are happy," she whispered.
"You doubt I would not be?" he asked rhetorically before he smiled himself. "Foolish woman."

It was always a rare sight to see him smile and so seeing the faint curvature of his lips completely elated her. She knew that the joy Sesshomaru was feeling was just as strong as hers. She placed her hand over his on her stomach before pressing her lips to his and kissing him deeply. He responded to her kiss, matching the slow and romantic movement of her lips. His hand moved to hold hers as they parted from the kiss.

As she smiled up at him with her glazed blue eyes, he knew he had everything his heart had ever wanted. Even though he never realised what his heart yearned for, he had found it all. Although he didn't wish to upset her during such a special moment, he had to tell her.

"Lyra, there is something I wish to discuss with you now," he said becoming serious again.
"Yes?"
He gently squeezed her hand. "Even before you became pregnant, you know I wanted you to remain in the castle but I allowed you to stay with me because it is what we both wanted. However, there is another life inside you now." He paused for a short moment before continuing. "If word travelled to Naraku, I fear he would stop at nothing to get you. The risk is too great. Thus, I wish for you to stay inside the castle."
Lyra breathed out softly before giving a single nod. "I had a feeling you would say that, Sesshomaru, and I completely understand. I'll stay at the castle."

He placed a kiss to her forehead and kept his lips pressed there. Lyra closed her eyes and smiled softly. There lives were about to change so much more and Sesshomaru needed to protect that, even if it meant being separated for a short time.

Sesshomaru later took his armour off so that Lyra could sleep comfortably against him. Once she had cuddled against him, burying her face to his chest, she slowly drifted off to sleep.

***

It had been decided that Rin was going to stay with Sesshomaru and Jaken. Lyra tried to convince Sesshomaru to keep Rin with her in the castle but he didn't want her to be babysitting in her state. He wanted her to just take care of herself and the baby and not worry about looking after a third person.

Rin didn't understand why she had to stay at the castle but Lyra simply told her that it was because she was being targeted and that it was Sesshomaru's wish to keep her hidden. They chose not to tell Rin and Jaken about the pregnancy just to be on the safe side. After saying their goodbyes, Sesshomaru lifted Lyra over his shoulder and left.

After going through the barrier and the gardens, Sesshomaru set her down to her feet. Like last time, the guards bowed as they entered. Lyra still felt as though she needed to bow back to them but she knew Sesshomaru didn't like it so she simply smiled at them. They went to their bedroom and she saw that everything was so clean and well looked after by the maids.

"Rest here," Sesshomaru told her. "I will return shortly."
"Okay."

He left the room, closing the door behind him. Lyra went to the doors which led to the private gardens and opened them to let in some fresh air. She stepped out and sat on the raised platform that went around their room. Everything was so serene and beautiful. 'I'm sure I can stay here by myself. It will be scary at first but I guess I'm not truly alone.' She placed her hand over her stomach, still unable to believe that she was going to have a baby. Sesshomaru was going to be staying with her for the day but would be leaving at night. But he did say that he would return to her whenever he could.

A few minutes went by before Sesshomaru returned and joined her in the garden. "I have a gift for you," he told her.
She stood up and smiled. "Really? What is it?"
"Come with me."

He took her hand and pulled her along with him. They left their bedroom and walked through the halls. Obviously Sesshomaru knew where they were going, but Lyra was already lost. They arrived at another set of doors at the back of the castle, which led out to a huge field. There was just grass as far as the eye could see and right at the end of that was the border of the barrier.

Lyra wondered what the gift was before Sesshomaru suddenly whistled. His whistle was loud and echoed far that Lyra almost jumped because she wasn't expecting it. Seconds later, she could see a tiny dot in the distance. But that dot was growing larger and larger as it came towards them at an incredibly high speed. Soon, Lyra could see a pair of eyes, a muzzle and a beautiful, flowing tail.

"A horse?!" she gasped.

The horse approached them and Lyra could see how beautiful the horse was. Its golden colour was reflecting the sun and it had large brown eyes. It came to a stop in front of them before stomping its hooves as if it was doing a little dance. Then it did the most extraordinary thing. The horse bowed to them. Lyra was in complete awe. And as it bowed, two great wings sprouted from its sides.

"A pegasus?!"
"Her name is Taiyo," Sesshomaru told her as Taiyo raised her head again and tucked in her wings.
Lyra held her hand out as the pegasus accepted her greeting. "She's beautiful." She smiled as she gently stroked her face. "I always thought they were a myth. This is your gift?"
He nodded, now gazing down at her and seeing her smile. "She will be your companion. She's strong so she can fight but she will also protect you whenever I am not here," he explained. "If need be, she can fly you away to safety."
Her smile grew. "I know she'll become a great companion." She lowered her hand and looked up at Sesshomaru. "Thank you, Sesshy. I love your gift."
"I'm glad. The servants will take care of her. If you ever wish to take her for a ride, you may. So long as you remain inside the barrier." Sesshomaru patted Taiyo's face and she took her cue to roam around at her will.
"Well there's so much space here that I won't need to go out of the barrier." She quickly stood on her tiptoes and pecked his lips. "Now you don't have to worry about me so much because I've got some company."
He held her chin gently and placed a deeper peck on her lips. "But you will still miss me?" he spoke in a whisper against her lips.
She smiled cheekily. "Maybe."
He smirked. "Wrong answer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777 108 102
She had lived as a pilgrim most part of her life, till one day a will of staying has grown into her heart. However, that lass had no idea where she w...
202K 5.5K 24
Deep within the forest of Inuyasha, a fox pup was found. Her fur was as white as snow and she had red markings on her forehead that was akin to a cro...
21.8K 674 14
On her way home late before nightfall Kagome Higurashi falls into a gorge falling into what was once a top secret lab where she finds a young boy wit...
247K 5.7K 38
ReWriting you are just a normal girl, you ended up running away because your family well step family was forcing you to marry this man you haven't ev...