Something Only We Know ✔️

By GoldenCalypso

||Completed|| Love is not an open door. Love is not a game. Love is not a fairytale. When the game of love le... More

Something Only We Know
Special Attention
Dedication
Prologue
Introduction:One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
fire
sleep with me
hulk's daughter
chocolate on my lips
who are you?
keep your eyes on me
why do you have to sing?
the piano
life at risk
one last time
just a wind
his heart
secret for secret
sleeping beauty
something nice
a promise
naughty
neverland
happiest
waiting
that promise
hurt
everything
adrian
erase
thank you
me and you
stay
sweetheart
fear
this
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Ten

244 35 21
By GoldenCalypso

~Pinterest

Adrian

She was a total beauty. The day before yesterday, when I first went to tutor Serena at her place, she arrived at home.
Mrs. Reece was fond of her, she gladly attended to her work. But still something was not right with her.

She was barely ten years old; very young for her age, but she did not let me harness her. She didn't want anyone on her back, she didn't want anyone controlling her freedom.

Despite of being her master, I was not allowed to ride on her. It was her right; her way of living.

Yet she was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen in years. Her crimson coat was perfect for her black mane of hair. Everything apart, I wished I could just be friendly with her.

In other words, she reminded me of someone I knew, someone who didnt want to let anyone in; someone I wanted to be with.

So I named her Scarlett.

Serena

"Serena, meet Scarlett," Adrian was introducing me to a mare; a crimson furred beauty.

"Hello, Scarlett." I said and rubbed her mane of fur.

"I got her yesterday," Adrian said patting Scarlett, "she's from a great lineage, though."

"Do you ride?" I asked.

"Nope," he answered flatly. "She doesn't let me ride on her. She's been keeping her distance from the very day."
I locked eyes with Adrian.

"Then why do you keep her if she's not willing to ride?" I asked, cautiously.

Adrian sighed.

"I'm going to wait til she finally lets me in." He said, wistfully.

We were patting Scarlett for more than a minute when suddenly Adrian whispered;

"Do me a favor."

"What?" I grumbled.

"Get on her back and ride her for me." He blurted out.

"Are you serious? I have never been on a horse before! How can I just ride her when she's refusing everyone?" I stuttered, flabbergasted at his idea.

"You are right. I thought perhaps... you might..."

"I'm sorry. I can't do what you want." I heaved.

"That's fine. I'll drive you home then." Adrian stated.

"No, don't. I don't want to go home. How about we continue your tutorial?" I suggested, meekly.

"Sure, why not?" He said and ushered me home.

We were not doing anything practically. I was happy feeling the fur carpet. Adrian was sitting on his bed, obviously doing something on his iPhone.

"Hey,are you gonna tutor me or what?" I complained at him.

"You already reminded me that you don't need tutoring anymore." He remarked.

"Then maybe I should get going." I said and I saw Adrian freeze.

"How about you stay for dinner? I hope that will be okay with your mom," he said with caution.

"I dunno. Gemma must be freaking out by now." I replied, low.

"What shall we do if you don't want your tuition?" Adrian said as he jumped onto the floor. He had his eyes on me as if it was the very first time he was seeing me. I blushed.

"Then, tell me about you. Tell me more about you. I'd like to know you better." Adrian requested, like a little boy.

"There's nothing you need to know about me." I murmured, "you already know enough."

"Let me just ask one question, then," Adrian asked and I grinned.

"What do I have in return? If I answer your question, will you do anything for me?"

"I cant change time for you, but I promise that I would do anything for you if you answer my question. But it should be only be the truth. Deal?"

"Deal." I bargained.

I was waiting for the question. Adrian's jaw was set and his eyebrows were knotted down. Despite his usual mood, he was now looking serious.

I was mesmerized.

He had already lighted up inside me. I can feel sparks igniting and going off; a firework. I wanted to end everything, I wanted to run away, I wanted to disappear.
But part of me wanted to stay. Part of me begged me to stay with him.

"Here comes the question," Adrian cleared his throat for me and said in one breath;

"Are you really lesbian?"

I jerked away from him. He was awfully close to me, I could even feel his aroma radiating through me. His attraction was distracting.

"No." I said.

"That's it? "No" is your answer? But why did you lie to Barry earlier?" He was acting furious, even agitated at me.

"That's my concern, smart boy." I exclaimed. "And you already asked one question, remember?"

"How about one more question? I'll change time for you if you answer this one..." he was teasing me trying hard to let my walls down.

"I don't want to answer anymore," I admitted, flatly, trying hard to avoid his gaze.

Adrian stood silently for a while.

"I think I should get going. Gemma must be furious at me." I said.

He was still in deep thought when I stood up to leave.

"Aren't you staying up for dinner?," he began, "and when will you be coming back Serena?"

I crossed my hands and looked at him.

He really looked pathetic.

"I don't know. Maybe I won't come again."

He looked startled.

"Okay." He said, almost too quickly.

He was so unpredictable.

***

"Where were you all day?"

Gemma was furious at me the moment when Adrian dropped me home. My mother was not showing any signs of trauma, though. She had completely transformed into a new being. The Gemma I had seen in the morning was not to be seen. It was obvious that she had got over the wedding issue.

I was happy for my mother. She was finally happy. Yet, I didn't want to know why.

When we were having dinner that night, I was busy thinking about Adrian. He had totally been able to break down my walls, almost.

I just wished they wouldn't be that weak.

"Hey sweetie," Gemma was telling me.

"Huh?"

"I have great news to tell you." She said, smiling and smirking at the same time.

I stopped eating and listened.

"Well, I got registered to a dating site, you know, a few months ago..." She bragged.

"Did you find someone?" I gasped, feeling super happy for her.

For all these years, I had wanted Gemma to be happy. I really did want her to find someone so that she won't stay lonely.

"Is he handsome?" I asked, excited at my mother's progress.

"Yeah, he's gorgeous. He's like a model."

"Wow, you are so lucky." I exclaimed, feeling happy for the nth time.

"Serena, I have something else to tell you." Gemma winced at her remark.

I stared blankly at her.

"He asked me to move into his place today. He's working in Los Angeles, so that means I have to go there too."

I listened to every word she uttered.

"Serena, I'm going tomorrow." Gemma explained, wincing.

I was silent, again.

I didn't want to hurt her excitement.

After a moment, she began saying again;

"Will you be able to find yourself a room to board in? I think it's better if we sold this house. I've never liked this house anyway."

What is she saying? How can I live without her?

She's everything I have! She's family to me.

How could she be so cruel?

How could she give up on me so easily?

I felt a dash of emotions. Either I wanted to believe what she was saying or I wanted her to tell me that it was all a silly joke.

She's not going to take her words back, I repeated to myself.

I suddenly clammed the fork on the table. The bacon was fried good, but it was turning bitter in my mouth.

Tears flooded my eyes.

Without speaking a word, I shuffled noisily into my bedroom and shut the dumb fucking world out.

Adrian

I was chasing her. Scarlett, my beautiful angel, she was running away from me. My vision confirmed that she was no longer a horse, but a beautiful girl that I had never seen.

I could only see her back, she had brown hair, I could even feel her warmth although she was running far away from where I was.

She's difficult. She's too difficult to harness. She's too difficult to train.

I wished I could catch her. Train her. Make her mine. Only mine.

But she wouldn't let me.

So I stopped chasing her. It was no use running after the clouds.

But I would wait for her.

I knew that she would come back to me. She would come back.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was 12.03 am. Who would be calling me at this hour?

"Hello?" I answered, still mesmerized by the dream.

The caller was crying, weeping, sobbing and was probably in the worst condition.

"Serena, what's wrong?" I asked her, shocked to hear her cry so badly.

"Adrian," she managed to say through her sons, "you promised to do anything for me, remember?"

I took a second to gather my thoughts.

"Yes, Serena. I remember."

"Then, then, do this one thing for me..." she was wailing hard, crying so helplessly that I felt so sorry for her.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked her.

"Come and get me." She said, her voice striking hard against my midnight instincts.

"What?" I hesitated.

"Come and take me with you. I don't want to live in this house anymore. No one wants me here." She sobbed and pleaded me again;

"Please, Adrian. Get me out of this cruel world."

I'm a new writer here... so your vote would make me really happy. Your comments make me inspired. So please do let me know that I'm doing a great job here. Vote for me. It means so much to me.☺️😊😌😉
Thanks again for reading, though. Starting from this chapter, I'm going to make the rest of the chapters longer than the usual one.
So please give me that encouragement that only you can give me as my reader...
Xoxo
Golden Calypso
P.S. I will be updating soon. So grab hold onto the story🤣
That would be the end of the long introduction...🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
151 5 14
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. .・。.・゜✭・.・ They were two completely different souls at the start of the school year, when one day Sheila sees this boy and falls in...
13.6K 915 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...