HONEY :: ORIGINAL

By NEEGAMUSIC

in which Bobby learns to properly grieve over his past and become more optimistic for his future relationship... More

rum & coke
playlist & cast
hot showers & enchiladas
lunch & reality tv
pink drinks & passion tangos
scruffy beards & quesadillas
waffle house & crying
sessions & hand holding
najee & chesta
nail shops & spicy salmon
date night & art galleries
g herbo & nelz
tulips & tigerlillies
tops & bottoms
waldo & the hamburglar
dark knees & british bitches
friends & family
diana & diana
instagram & montreal
tempura & don perignon
thrones & lamb
soups & cramps
snacks & sleepovers
quickies & longies
mexicans & migraines
wigs & penthouses
rubik's cubes & cartier bracelets
rehearsals & weddings
good knees & pregnancies
new houses & big titties
thai food & baby fever
live streams & puppies
godparents & UTIs
love, marriage, & a baby carriage

offices & bobby pins

5K 351 48
By NEEGAMUSIC

"Robert Yeboah," Bobby shook hands with his boss, the CEO, keeping his handshake firm and letting go at an appropriate time.

"Robert," the other man, Mr. Baptiste, put his hand in his pocket, "I've been expecting you."

"I've heard. What is this about?"

"Your move here," he beckoned the younger man to walk alongside him. Bobby did so, his hands behind his back while their dress shoes thumped against the floor.

"Is there a problem?" Bobby asked with raised brows.

"Not at all, sir. The D.C. area was getting crowded anyway," he chuckled lightly, "we'd just like to make you comfortable as you keep residence in North Carolina. Where exactly are you located?"

"Durham."

"Oh, not far. We have an office for you, but I'm not sure if that's what you're about," Mr. Baptiste pressed the button for the top floor, "I must say, I'm excited to have D.C.'s best to come to my company."

"Well," Bobby shrugged his shoulders and laughed, "I don't mean to toot my own horn..."

"By all means," he held his hand up and got in after Bobby, "but I'm excited to be working with you. I need more connections with other sellers and you're perfect for that."

"For sure, Mr. Baptiste," Bobby replied with a smile, "I already have a few ideas to expand your business, if you don't mind hearing them some time next week. I'm still adjusting to my new home."

"Of course, Mr. Yeboah," they got off the elevator and walked towards a door Mr. Baptiste had to unlock, "I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing you here often, but when I do, I got my interior designer to make it more to your liking."

"Ooh," Bobby mused, stepping into the office and looking around, "okay, first of all, I really like these big windows. This is great," he sat down in the large leather chair and clasped his hands, "I'm not much of a corporate man."

"Really?" Mr. Baptiste sat down in another seat across from him, "you seem like an expert businessman."

"I admit, I do have all the skills but," he shook his head, "I hate dressing up in suits and acting like someone else. If that makes sense. It's why I travel and telecommute more. But I guess I can get used to wearing suits."

The older man chuckled. "We can make it so you don't have to come in often. I understand you're working with other companies and promoting them as well?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I don't want it to seem like you can't do that."

"Oh don't worry, I was going to do it regardless."

"Okay," Mr. Baptiste laughed, "we've descussed salary previously, right? And the contract?"

"Yep." this kid was already making six figures, it was wild.

"Good. I'll see you next week at the general body meeting."

"Of course. Definitely."

Bobby walked into his condo building, towards his mailbox.

"Ouch!"

He frowned, turning the corner to see someone bent down at their own mailbox, struggling with the key.

"Shit, my nail," the girl who seemed to have a British accent groaned, jiggling the lock again with no luck.

"'Scuse me," Bobby cleared his throat, startling her. She abruptly stood, her back to the mailboxes, "uh, sorry. Do you need help?"

"Uh, no," she said nervously. She was definitely British. "Well, it's just..my key's stuck, it happens sometimes. No big deal."

"I can help, you know," he shoved his hands in his pockets and eyed her. She was kind of cute, her braids in a loose bun on her head, her skin a pretty brown with golden undertones, and her face covered in a few blemishes, but honestly, she was so gorgeous.

Bobby was kind of nervous.

"If you don't mind."

"Uh, cool. You have any bobby pins?"

"Um," she pat her hair until she felt one, "yeah."

"Thank you," he took the hair piece and crouched down, straightening out the pin and sticking it beside the key in the lock.

"You pick locks?" the woman inquired, kneeling beside him.

"I was a bad kid," Bobby shrugged and smiled at her, "okay, what the fuck? This thing is really stuck."

"Yeah, I was just minding my business, trying to be productive on a bloody Friday," she shook her head, a braid falling on the side of her head, "trash. I'm going back to sleep."

Bobby chuckled, jiggling the lock a few more times until it snapped open. "Shit. Okay, here you go."

"Shit, thank you!" she grinned, taking the key and bobby pin, "thank you so much."

"No problem. What's your name?"

"It's Sanai," she reached out to shake his hand, "you?"

"Robert. Well, Bobby."

"Hi, Bobby," she smiled, "um, you just moved here?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Never seen you before," she tilted her head, "from where? D.C.?"

"How'd you know that?" he asked with a frown. He hadn't talked to a single soul in this building before now.

"Because your mail got mixed with mine," she handed him a few envelopes and he laughed, taking them and looking at the address. "I'll see you around, Robert."

"See you, Sanai."

"I hope you do," she interrupted politely before walking towards the elevators. Bobby's eyes followed her until she was out of sight, then he opened his mailbox to more junk before heading to a different set of elevators closer to his place. He was kind of freaking out right now.

"Oh my God," he went to his favorites list on his phone and tapped William's contact to call him.

"Yuh?"

"Nigga," he looked around, seeing the coast was clear.

"Bro, what?"

"Sanai," Bobby whispered, getting in the elevator and pressing his floor.

"Huh?"

"Sanai!"

"Gimme context, Bobby."

"This girl in my building. Sanai. She's like, cute and cool and...I dunno. Now I sound stupid."

"No you don't, man. She's fine?"

"As hell," Bobby got off the elevator and pulled out his key, "for no reason."

"Damn. What you finna do?"

"Suffer in silence and continue grieving over my dead girlfriend. The usual."

"Robert," William said disapprovingly, "you gotta do something. This is what Jelisa was talking about, stop frontin' and do what you got to do. Even if it doesn't work out how you'd like, you at least can say you tried."

"How do I go about this?"

"See if she has a boyfriend."

"How do I do that?"

"Nigga, am I a love doctor?"

Bobby scoffed. "William. You managed to make a girl that used to hate you now want to have your fucking babies. So, yeah, yes the fuck you are."

"Shut the hell up, Froot Loop. No, but if you put ya mack down, see how she responds and go off that."

"Okay. Tomorrow," Bobby unlocked his door, "I'm overthinking aren't I?"

"Yes. Please, just calm down and go with the flow. You can't be out here trying too hard, it has to seem effortless to speak to her."

"Okay," he sighed and closed the door, leaving William on speaker and taking his blazer off, "what are you up to?"

"Nothing, Jelisa's going through a phase and she won't let me cook for her."

"What y'all eating?"

"It's some kind of shrimp broil. Want some?"

"Say less. I'm changing out my clothes, I'll be there in a minute."

"Bet. We'll talk more about this."

YEE YEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 18.8K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
133K 7.4K 39
A promise between two business partners results in a gay marriage between two straight archenemies making them question... How Can I Marry A Guy??? T...
6.3K 79 20
AU story of Molly and her one true love.
768K 40.8K 40
her childhood nemesis is back, much to her despise. ; copyright Β© tobi. 2016 STARTED: DECEMBER 26th, 2016 FINISHED: OCTOBER 28, 2018