Unraveling ❖ Stiles Stilinksi...

By mei1524

Pulling away reluctantly, with swollen lips and messy hair, Stiles kept his hands on her waist as he stared a... More

Disclaimer
Characters:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Season 3B
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter: 29
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Season 4:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Epilogue
Final Book

Chapter 12:

16.1K 567 161
By mei1524

Chapter 12:

Present Day:

Stiles silently stared ahead at the road, the quietness in the car deafening. His caramel orbs flickered to the driver who seemed intent on ignoring the tension in the car as she drove. He still couldn't wrap his mind around everything that he had seen in Emily's mind. The things he saw. Or rather the memories that she seemed to have kept buried. It had been hard for him to see that her dad obviously treated her like crap and sister who obviously seemed to not care about her.

Except, his mind was on Mateo. It was obvious that she had loved him and it was weird seeing her acting like a completely different person. Or actually, she was a different person than the person he knew. She wasn't meek, or overly nice to people. She had a darker sense of humor and was more crude. She enjoyed violence and bloodshed.

It was obvious that something was still missing from the memories he had seen. Whatever happened during that time, it changed her.

Once she parked the car, he got out. He still wasn't sure how to ask or how to act. After she had awoken, she seemed better and was drinking blood to get her energy back. During that time, she avoided him and had gone to shower before coming back dressed and telling him that she was driving him home.

He heard the door slam behind him. "Stiles, wait!"

He turned around, he was already standing on his front porch and watched as she walked up to him and stood in front of him. She shifted on her feet. "Yeah?" He asked hesitantly.

"I wanted to thank you for, you know, taking care of me." She muttered awkwardly, she still didn't know how to feel about him seeing those memories.

He blinked in surprise as he stared at her, he noticed her slight discomfort. "Em...." He breathed, his features softening. "You know I don't mind taking care of you. It's the least I can do for all the times you've saved me."

She looked at him, feeling her heart stutter at his expression. "You are a magnet for danger." She muttered teasingly, lessening the tension.

She expected him to look offended but instead he stared at her. "What happened with Mateo?" He asked, seeing her shift in posture as she stiffened. "Did you guys run away together?"

Emily contemplated telling him. There wasn't really a point in keeping it a secret, this would hopefully push him away.

He watched a somber look pass through her expression. "No, we didn't." Her voice tinged with sadness and what he believed to be guilt. "Eli and I didn't realize that someone was there by the stalls listening." Her voice trailed, her eyes flicking up to his as she raised her hand to his face. He let her press her fingers to his temple and he found himself drifting.

-

The sky had finally darkened. Emily stopped her pacing in her bedroom, her eyes flickering down to the small bag she had hidden under her bed that she prepared to take with her tonight. She quickly grabbed it and listened for any movement outside her bedroom window. She looked out to see anyone and opened it, quickly jumping out.

She was relieved that Eli would be around to distract anyone who was around in order to give her a chance to go to the woods to meet up with Mateo.

The brunette took one final glance around before rushing off to look for her lover, the rush of excitement buzzing in her veins.

The feeling of dread nearly choked her as she came to an abrupt spot, only a few feet away from the tree that Mateo and her claimed as their own. She felt her stomach dropping as she stared fearfully and distressed at the sight of her father holding a wounded Mateo by the collar of his shirt.

The beta tried to fight back was too weak to even lift his arms. The only bit of relief he had was that his sister had gotten away before this man could harm her. His dark, blue orbs fell on his beloved who was staring at his position tearfully. "It's okay, princess." He managed to choke out.

"I thought I told you to be quiet." William growled as he punched him in the face.

Emily whimpered. "Please, stop." She pleaded, her eyes filled with tears. "Don't kill him!"

"Don't kill him?" He repeated, he scoffed, giving her a look of disgust. "You are exactly like your mother, falling for someone that isn't even near our status. And to think, for a moment, I actually believed you had what a takes to be a true Pureblood, but you're worse." He glared at her as he tightened his grip on the mutt in his arms.

She ignored what he said about her mother even though she wanted to ask but her main concern was on Mateo. "Please, just let him go and I'll do whatever you want." She cried, her hands clenched at her sides. "Please!"

"It's too late for that." William said, she felt her insides churn at the familiar sinister look in his dark gaze. "You need to learn just why you shouldn't disobey your father or go around falling in love with these beasts." He said in disgust as he glanced down at the werewolf who tried to pull away.

It only took a second. Mateo looked at her, his lips stained red with a loving smile that he reserved just for her as he already knew what was coming before mouthing I love you. Her eyes wide went wide and felt an intensifying agonizing pain rush through her entire body.

She screamed as his heart was suddenly ripped out his chest.

William stared at her blankly without remorse as he dropped the werewolf's heart and she dropped to her knees, her eyes never leaving her deceased lovers body. Her entire world came crashing down.

Stiles inhaled sharply as he was once again in front of Emily who was staring at him with heartbroken eyes. He suddenly felt numb, seeing the pure heartbreak that had been on her face.

"Now you see, why I can't allow myself to give my heart to another person especially with that man out there." She told him quietly.

"That isn't right." He breathed, staring at her with a crestfallen look. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I fell in love with someone I wasn't supposed to and I got him killed." She said, her voice thick. "He was innocent. He never hurt anyone and he was killed by my father all because I loved him and because he was a werewolf." She swallowed, letting out a shaky breath. "If he ever found out that I fell in love again, he'd kill him."

"You..." Stiles stared at her, his eyes slightly widened and felt a flutter in his chest.

She gave him a sad smile. "I don't think I can handle another heartbreak like that." She said, her eyes a bit misty and reached up, placing a soft kiss on his cheek before pulling away. "Thank you, again for everything."

"Why does it feel like you're saying goodbye?" He asked quietly, tears in his eyes.

She pursed her lips, forcing a small smile on her lips. "I need you to stay away from me from now on, Stiles. For your own safety."

His caramel orbs filled with awareness. "You're going to kill him, aren't you."

"I've spent way too long to not go through with it." She told him as she began stepping back. "It's too late to change my mind, Stiles. I've had years to come to terms that there is a chance that I won't make it." He wanted to blurt out that she didn't have to get revenge but the look in her eyes, he knew instantly that he wouldn't be able to change her mind. "But, I can't keep living my life in fear that he'll come and take away the people I care about again. I just can't. I need to face him and at least try. I owe that to Mateo and to my mother." She gave him one final look before walking towards her car.

He could only just stare at her car disappearing down the road, fighting back the tears at the possibility of losing her.

-

Emily drove, her mind drifting to what happened after Mateo had died and her hands clenched the steering wheel tightly.

The older man sneered at her, grabbing her by the arm and began dragging her with him.

She didn't fight him even as they arrived back home and he threw her on her bedroom floor. "You are going to stay here for the rest of the night. I will be going out to meet with some old acquaintances and when I get back, I do hope you think about the next time you decided to hang around those filthy mutts." He slammed the door behind him.

Emily was still reeling from what just happened. It couldn't be real. Mateo couldn't be dead. He just couldn't. She gritted her teeth, feeling a sudden feeling of hatred rush through her. She stood up, going to William's office first.

The brunette then headed outside where she saw his carriage heading off.

"I'm guessing father took care of that lover of yours already?"

Emily stiffened, turning around to see her sister standing there with a smirk. The realization of how her father found out hitting her. "You told him." She exhaled, she narrowed her eyes in anger. "How could you!?" She snapped harshly.

Nancy frowned, clenching her fists. "Because it isn't fair that Eli loves you and doesn't give me the time of day!" She yelled.

"You got Mateo killed because you were jealous?" Emily breathed out in disbelief. The other brunette only stared at her in annoyance. Emily growled, the expression on her face causing Nancy to tense as she could practically smell the killing intent coming off of her.

Nancy screamed suddenly when she felt a sharp sting in her arm and when she looked, her arm was gone. Her brown eyes flickered to her sister fearfully when she saw the sword that she seemed to have kept hidden behind her back. "W-Where did you get that?" Emily stared at her blankly before continuing to cut off her limbs. Nancy cried out in agony. "Please, stop!"

"Father didn't stop when I asked him to and he killed the only person I've ever loved." Emily told her blankly.

"Fine! Kill me! At least I get to die knowing that your precious lovers family gets to die as well." Nancy breathed.

She paused. "What?"

"Oh?" The brown eyed twin smirked weakly. "Didn't you notice that there aren't any workers? They're all currently slaughtering the mutts."

Emily felt her breath hitch at her words before letting out a shaky breath and gritted teeth when her sister grabbed her head, showing her something that shook her to the core. "I can't believe he..." She ignored the onslaught of emotions that coursed through her veins. "I will save them but, first..."

Her eyes filled with hatred as she thrusted the sword through her older sister's chest, watching with surprising enjoyment as her sister began turning grey.

Lighting a match, she threw it on her dead body before quickly going off in search of Mateo's remaining family.

-

Emily felt her breath caught in her throat at the chaos in front of her. She could see werewolves and vampires fighting each other. The latter winning.

She didn't hesitate in joining the fray, slaughtering the vampires that stood in her way. "Go!" She ordered the kids that cowered away. They immediately rushed off.

She continued to kill the vampires, ignoring the stench of death around her. Once finished, she walked away from her lovers former home.

-

Emily approached Mateo's body on the floor, still in the same placed it had been earlier and dropped to her knees beside him. Tears welled up in her eyes and she let out all the tears she had held back as she sobs escaped her lips. His body was colder now.

"You must be Emily." The girl hiccuped, her tear filled eyes as they fell on the man on the floor.

The pureblood looked away from her love to the younger girl wearing tattered clothing. The girl looked similar to the man she loved. "You're Lily, his sister." She murmured, wiping away her falling tears. "I am very sorry. This was my fault. I won't stop you, if you want to try to kill me."

The girl dropped down beside her, staring sadly at her brother. "I won't kill the girl who gave my brother so much happiness." She said quietly, gently running a hand over her brother's cheek. "I wanted to thank you for killing those vampires."

Emily ignored her thanks, she only did it for Mateo and because she had so much anger built up in her that she needed to let it out somehow. She swore she'd get revenge. "How many of you are left?"

Lily's eyes saddened even further. "Only a couple adults and a few other kids." She told her. "They're in the woods right now."

The older girl could feel their gazes on them, she knew they were close but chose to ignore it. "Is it alright if I bury him here?" She asked, her eyes now dull. The younger girl nodded. They began to dig a hole before burying Mateos corpse in front of the tree with their initials. Once they were finished, they stood in front of the grave. Emily stared at the spot that once held many loving memories that were now tainted by what happened.

"Will the person who did this come back?" Lily asked.

"No, because I killed someone he cared about and I burnt down the place he called home once." She told her, recalling how she had set her sister on fire but had previously started a fire in the place she once called home as well. "He'll come after me eventually and when he does, I will kill him, but I'm going to need something from you first."

Lily could see just how committed the older girl was. "Anything." She wanted the person who killed her brother to pay.

"Not now but I will be back in Beacon Hills eventually. You might not be around when I come back."

"That's fine, what is it?"

"Your venom." Emily said bluntly. "It's poisonous to us pureblood but it only works if they're an alpha."

Lily stiffened momentarily. "You know."

"Your eyes were glowing when you approached me." She muttered, seemingly unaffected by the fact that Mateo's sister was like her now, a killer.

"The alpha blamed my brother and I for what happened. He tried to kill me so I fought him back and won." She said quietly. A short silence passed. "I'll get you the venom."

"Good." Emily began to walk away.

Lily swallowed thickly. "Are you sure you have to leave? We can keep each other safe. This is your home as well." She wasn't sure if she wanted the person who her brother fell in love with to leave. He knew he'd want them to stick together.

She paused. "It was my home but, I have nothing left here for me."

Emily continued to walk until she made it to the edge of town. She no longer wanted to feel the crippling pain she felt and the way her heart constricted at the thought of never seeing Mateo again.

Her eyes fluttered shut, focusing on the one thing she knew would stop the pain. She couldn't live with the pain of losing Mateo. It was too much for her.

So, with those final thoughts of seeking revenge, she shut off her humanity.

Her eyes opened, a detached, cold look in her once bright hazel eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1K 16
[Takes place in season 3A] Everything seemed to be perfect in the small town of Beacon Hills. True-Alpha Scott McCall and his pack of friends; Stiles...
88.2K 3.4K 33
Stiles had been keeping a secret from The Pack since the vampires came to town. Lydia, being the genius she is, works it out. Derek, on the other han...
8.2K 223 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
375K 14.1K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...