AmusE (COMPLETED)

By KatouMiwa

My life had been completely and utterly normal up until a strange chain of events. This dramatic turn in my l... More

Unit 1: Encounter
Unit 2: Information
Unit 3: Home
Unit 4: Annoyances
Unit 5: Guilds and Relations
Unit 6: Lessons Learned
Unit 7: Search
Unit 8: The Gone and the Missing
Unit 9: Reunions
Unit 10: Guilt and Forgiveness
Unit 11: Pasts and Adolescence
Unit 12: Unnecessary Violence
Unit 13: Syllys
Unit 14: The Pack
Unit 15: Camp
Unit 16: Memoirs of a Boy With Amnesia
Unit 17: Friends and Crutches
Unit 18: Voices and Unawareness
Unit 19: Obsurum Paciscor
Unit 20: Possessive
Unit 21: Frenemies
Unit 22: To Be Confused
Unit 23: Deal Making
Unit 24: Planning

Unit 25: Final (Last Chapter)

42 9 10
By KatouMiwa

I woke to the smell of gas and foul chemicals. Unfortunately, I didn't wake horizontally. I was vertically chained to a wall. Not comfortable at all. When I opened my eyes, I was met face to face with another person, but he was old and wrinkley. I let out a brief yelp and started hyperventilating.

The man backed away. "How is it that you're already awake?"

I stared at him with confusion. "What?"

He nodded towards something beside me. Rogue. "You see," he said, "you, my boy, woke up too early. Your friend here is still asleep. Now, why aren't you like that?"

By this point, I knew that it was Astlyr again. He always seems to be able to absorb the bad things. But I didn't answer the man.

"Oh, come on," he said. "I'm sure you know."

I stayed silent. I don't know why, though. After all, I'm sure he knows about Astlyr. Why won't I answer him? But then again, why is he asking?

"If you won't give an answer, then we'll have to find out from this girl here," he said, as he started to walk towards Rogue.

"What are you doing? Get away from her!" I yelled. Rogue was still knocked out.

'Rogue!' I said telepathically. 'Rogue! Rogue, wake up! R--'

I was cut off by a loud ringing in my ears. Turning my head slightly, I saw the man cut her hand. Her right hand. The syllys mark. He broke off our connection.

Carefully, he wrapped her hand in a white bandage. And left the room. So, I hung up there and waited. Rogue woke up a few minutes later. She seemed to be in a daze and she made a small grimace at the sight of her bandaged hand.

"So," she said, without looking at me, "how are we going to escape this one?"

"I'm not sure," I said. Is there really anything I could do?

I saw her smile in the corner of my eye. "Then, I'm one step ahead of you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Shh," she muttered. "Just go along with everything and stay close to me. We can't use telepathy anymore, so I'll need you to stay close."

"What are you plan--"

She interrupted me by whistling loudly. A whole bunch of recognizable people emerged from a door nearby. They were the people of the Rouge Scepter and the pack. They broke us off from our chains and we began running like mad people.

"Where are we going?" I asked, panting with every step I took.

"Well," replied one of the men in the guild, "you guys can't fight without your weapons. And Sphal magic takes up too much energy."

A person from the pack clarified the situation. "We're looking for your weapons. Since Rogue's weapon is the Philosopher's Stone, there's no doubt that someone is holding onto it. So, we're just looking for yours, Amus."

A few seconds later, an alarm sounded and red lights flashed around in the hallways and rooms. They told us that none of the cameras can find us because they cut them all off. So, instead, guards ran up and down each corridor, trying to look for Rogue and me. We had to stealth around everywhere while trying to search for my wristband.

Every now and then, the intercom would turn on, saying something like 'Kill the trespassers on sight' or 'Main lobby search complete.' Each room searched meant that at least one person was killed, captured, or injured. I would be lieing if I said that this wasn't dangerous. If it were up to me, I would've made sure that I was the only one stuck in this horrible place, but no. Other people came along to help me. Other people died because of me. Other people gave me all this guilt. But there's no turning back now.

Finally, I realized that this is no ordinary place. Why? Because there are no windows or doors leading outside. I figured that there's one reason why there weren't any. The building was underground. This place was the Darkness Covenant...Obsurum Paciscor. So, instead of looking for my weapon, I went looking for the staircase that led to the inside of my house. I found it.

I turned around happily to tell the others. "We can all eacape now, guys!"

They all cheered and walked up the staircase to the outside world. I watched them all pass me by and scanned the crowd for Rogue. My heart dropped. She wasn't there.

The intercom came on. It was the sound of a girl screaming. Rogue. Then, another voice came on. It was deep and raspy, "Astlyr...I know you're still there. Come into the left wing and claim this girl." It shut off.

The left wing? Now, when I actually look around, I see maps everywhere with the word 'A.M.U.S.' printed where the left wing should be. I walked silently past every single alarm blaring. Every single red light shining. Finally, I reached the door. Right when I opened it up, I was grabbed and shoved onto a surgical table; bound to it with leather straps. Rogue stood on the side with a towel in her mouth to stop her from talking and rope tied around her wrists and feet with a guard holding onto her by the shoulders.

"Let go of her," I said.

"Why would we do that?" a Guild Matriarch asked me.

"Just...please. Let her go. You already have me here."

"No."

I began to yell, "I said let her go! Let her go or else!"

"Or else what? You are weak, captured, and you can't do anything about it!"

I stayed quiet for awhile until I realized the one thing I had to say. "Obsurum Paciscor," I muttered under my breath.

Once again, I was controlled by Astlyr. I ripped myself out of my binds and attacked a lot of people, but I don't remember how or when or who. But I heard someone yelling 'stop' continuously. I listened, but I couldn't control myself. Focusing my attention, I saw Rogue lightly tearing up while staring at me. My hand lifted up as a fist as I made my way towards her.

I wanted to tell her to run. To move. Astlyr is obviously dangerous, but she just sat there instead getting out of the way. She stood up instead of cowering. She came over to me instead of leaving. To my surprise, she hugged me. Her warmth melted the coldness of Astlyr, and I was able to regain control of myself and drop the fist.

Before I knew it, we were the targets of a machine gun off on the side. The person using it called out to me, "Surrender yourself! Surrender now or we'll kill off both of you!"

"Do you promise to let her go?!" I yelled out. "If I surrender, do you promise to let her go? Unharmed?"

He seemed to discuss the matter with a few other people beside and behind him. "Yes. Come here... and keep your hands in the air!"

I stepped forward, but Rogue held me back. Her eyes were tearing up. "Amus, don't do it! There's no telling you'll come back alive! Please don--"

"Hey...hey, it's alright," I said, my voice cracking slightly. "It'll be fine."

"But Amus," she said, "...Amus, you might die. Or maybe something worse will happen; something worse than death. Just...don't."

"Rogue... I'm not doing this because you want me to since, sure enough, you don't. And I'm not doing this because others want me to. Heck, I'm not doing this because I want to," I chuckled softly with watery eyes. "I'm doing this for the outcome. If you're in trouble and I'm able to save you...no matter how crazy and messed-up it is...then I'll take the chance."

I brushed my lips softly against hers and walked towards the other people, taking my time. My eyes landed on something on the wall. 'A.M.U.S.: Artificially Manufactured Ubiquitous Spirits'. I subconsciously grinned at that. So, there is a meaning to the name Amus.

The people grabbed onto me quickly and strapped me back onto the table, telling me not to do anything crazy. They then explained to me what they were going to do. The plan was the use the Philospher's Stone to 'revive' Astlyr; to make him a real human in a separate body. They told me that it would hurt and that they'd feed Astlyr my memories as a fuel of some sort... And I agreed to it of course.

They attached the ring to some kind of machine and hooked it up to me by a helmet. And the feeling--oh God-- it felt like I was lying on flaming, jagged stones while being stabbed by a hundred swords with thorns. It felt like your life was being sucked out of your body as the shortness of breath choked you so you could hardly scream. It felt like yourself, as a whole, was broken and bruised and a million shots of anesthesia couldn't cure the sharp pain felt everywhere. It was so horribly painful that I wanted to just die already or something.

And that was only for taking Astlyr out of my body. Next was removing the memories. So, I had to go through the whole thing a second time. Honestly, it was ten times worse, so I passed out.

_____________________________________________________

I woke to someone shaking me. "Amus! Amus, wake up!"

I opened my eyes and saw a girl with orange-ish hair that was curled at the ends. She had minty green eyes that looked at me with concern. The right side of her face was odd in a way. Her right eyeball looked like that of a cat's. Just below it was a mark in her cheek. It was a pair of horizontal parallel lines with one vertical line going through them. The right hand that clenched onto my shoulder was bandaged.

"Amus!" she exclaimed. "You're okay!"

"Miss, if you're speaking to me," I said, trying to get up, "then yes, I'm fine...but who are you?"

"What are you talking about, Amus? It's me! Rogue!"

I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked her in the eyes. "Who's Amus?"

=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=

This is it, guys. I just want to thank those of you who read this story 'til the very end... it's the last time we'll see each other here...so... *cries* farewell!!!!

I want to know what you guys think of this ending! I think it freaking sucks and I hate myself, but I don't feel like changing it. It shall stay the way it is...

Hey, I also want to point out that I never changed the P.O.V.! I should get a medal or something like that. What do you think? I think so...

While I go launch a campaign about single-P.O.V. stories that deserve a medallion, you can go-- (It's the last time I'll say it) Vote, comment, and follow! Also, check out my new story "X-Cannon" (it's based in Japan, bros. And it's about preventing people from dieing. Yeah. 'Cuz I just roll that way.)

[Edit: I cancelled "X-Cannon", so nevermind XD]

Thanks, guys, gals, Buds, and everything in between. I love you! Bye~!

-!Ri$

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 7.8K 35
{COMPLETED} This is my first story, so only constructive criticism, please. Also, there's no smut. Sorry not sorry. I ain't writing that shit. Also a...
23.2K 1K 15
You've awoken from your coma but nothing is the same. The black blood inside of you is driving you insane and a new threat, even more powerful than S...
Submission By korielyn

Mystery / Thriller

3.7M 98.1K 43
Highest ranking #1 as on 4th July 2017 "Tell me you are mine" the cold, sharp, merciless blade tried to force me into submission. Into HIS submission...
114K 3.2K 45
~NOT INTENDED TO AROUSE~ This book will contain smut so read at your own risk... Sneek peek from chapter 2: He turns his head away and smiles before...