Good and Evil || An ATLA Fanf...

De MissPrima

"I won't let your view of my country define your view of me" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Some may say her royal title is... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58*
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Important Annoucement!
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
Sequel is out!!

Chapter 68

4.5K 162 54
De MissPrima

I hope you all enjoy this extremely long chapter!!
The Avatar was alive, he was really alive.

Guards pull me back before they see me, but I still hear what going on. "Where is he? Where's the Firelord?" Aang demands.

"You mean I'm not good enough for you?" Azula mocks, acting hurt. "You're hurting my feelings."

Angrily, Sokka steps in. "Stop wasting our time and give us the information. You're powerless and in no position to refuse."

"And stick to the truth. I'll be able to tell if you're lying" Toph growls angrily, a small smile on my lips.

"Are you sure? I'm a pretty good liar" Azula chuckles, pausing slightly. "I am a four-hundred foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings."

Toph takes a minute to respond. "Okay, you're good, I admit it." The sound of earth rising shakes the ground, the guards looking to one another. "But you ought to consider telling the truth anyway!"

The sound of rocks imploding follow, my smile faltering. "When I left Ba Sing Se I brought home some souvenirs: Dai Li agents!" Azula cackles. Then the sounds of the others fighting follows.

"Come on" the guards growl, pulling me towards another door. Kicking my feet, I let out a growl.

"No! Let me go this instant if you know what's good for you!" I snarl, my nails digging into their skin.

One of them laughs. "And what can you do? You're nothing but the dried up legacy of your grandfather."

With a sturdy kick, I manage to break free from their grasp. Snarling, my feet propel me forward, the sensation of running something I haven't felt in what felt like years. Just how Ren taught me, my fingers dig deep into the sides of the guards, quickly moving to their arms and legs. Looking over their bodies, I feel proud. I wasn't useless.

Entering the midst of the fight, I follow alongside Toph, which might not have been the best of ideas. "Back off!" She hisses, kicking a handful of rocks my way.

"Toph!" I cry, barely dodging the rocks. "It's me! Azara!"

She pauses in her pursuit, hand taking mine. "You could really do something about your hands, Azara. They're really dry."

A small smile creeks from me. "I've missed you too."

"I can't pin her down! She's too quick!" Aang cries out, drawing Toph and I from our reunion. Pulling me, Toph runs past Dai Li guards, earth shooting from the ground and pinning them. I set my sights on Azula, who enters a tunnel just as another agent blocks it. Groaning, Toph releases my hand, helping Aang to destroy the hard element.

An agent prepares to attack, but my fingertips dive deep into his skin, his body falling limp against a metal beam. Toph grins, folding the metal around him.

"That's new" I state, but she merely shakes her head, pointing towards the hole where Azula ran through. The two of us run, catching up to Sokka, Azula and Aang.

"Wait! Aang! Toph! Azara?!" Sokka falls out, stopping in his tracks. "Stop attacking! Don't you see what she's doing? She's just playing with us. She's not even trying to win this fight!"

Azula also stops, replying calmly. "Not true. I'm giving it my all."

"You're trying to keep us here and waste all our time!" Toph snarls

"Um, right, I think your friend just said that, genius. And since you can't see, I should tell you I'm rolling my eyes" Azula replies, rolling her eyes in disgust.

"I'll roll your whole head!" Toph growls, stepping forward, but Sokka grabs her arm.

"She's just baiting you again" Sokka sighs.

"Okay, so what do we do, just ignore her?" Aang asks, looking at our group with a confused glance.

"We don't have a choice. We just have to get out of here and find the Fire Lord on our own somehow" Sokka says, turning with the rest of the group.

Then, Azula's cool voice drifts through the air. "It's a trap. Don't say I didn't warn you." I stop, turning to look at my cousin. A crazed look rested in her eyes, the flames focused on me. "I should have know you'd always be a traitor."

"And I should have known you would never care for your family. You only manipulate those around you to get your way, like a cowardice child" I frown, matching her heated stare.

However, a small grin forms on her lips. "With this war continuing to drag on because of him" Azula states slyly, pointing to Aang, "Many Fire Nation soldiers will never return home like that boy you were infatuated with. What as his name, Ren?"

My face falls, hands twitching. "How dare you blame Aang for this, for something our family has caused. Their deaths are on our hands, Azula, like Ren."

"It's such a shame, really" Azula cackles, resting her hands behind her back. "Ever since Lieutenant Ren Jackos has returned from the frozen tundras of the North Pole, he has risen through the ranks of the military and was deployed to Ba Sing Se just days ago."

"No" I croak, shaking my head. "You're lying, you always lie."

"Oh but Azara, it's so true" Azula chuckles. "In fact, he even stayed in the palace for a few days, while you were sleeping in your old room. It's as if he wants nothing to do with you anymore. Perhaps he's heard that you're nothing but a cripple."

An animalistic growls rips from my throat. I lunge for her, ignoring the heavy feeling of something in my leg. Heat pours from my hands, but no flames emerge. I merely jab her in the arm, a short cry escaping her before I'm pulled back.

"Let go of me!" I sneer, breaking free. My scared palms grip the shoulders of my cousins. "Where is Ren really at? I know you're lying to me Azula."

"Oh but I'm not" Azara frowns, but her tone is no where near sad. "He's just seen the true vision of the Fire Nation, while people like you will never see. As we speak, he and his men are taking over Ba Sing Se, something Uncle or your pathetic excuse for a father could never do." A rumble shoots through the air, the uncanny grin forming on Azula's lips. "I guess the Firebending is back on."

Fire pours from her free hand, almost striking me. Snarling, I try to jab her, but a solid kick sends me flying to the ground. "Azara!" Sokka calls out, coming to my side.

"Dad's all the way at the end of the hall then down a secret stairway on the left. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to see you now" she grins, fading from view.

The gang turns to me, helping me up. "I'm so sorry" I frown. "This is all my fault, I let her get the best of me."

"It's not your fault, Azara. Azula was ready for us. She had every move planned out."

I let out a sigh "And now it's too late."

"Maybe it's not too late. The eclipse is over. But I can face the Fire Lord anyway" Aang suggests, looking off to the direction Azula gave.

"No. I don't think that's a good idea" Sokka states matter-of-factly.

"But I'm ready! Aang cries out, throwing his hands up. "I came here with a job to do and everyone's counting on me"

"The Fire Lord knew we were coming this time. We thought we had surprise on our side but we didn't. It just wasn't our day. What we need to do now is go and help our friends" Toph sighs.

"I guess you guys are right."

Putting a hand on Aang's shoulder, I smile. "We'll get them, soon."

Looking to me, Aang grins. "It's so good to see you Azara! Ever since Ba Sing Se we've been worried." He pulls me into a hug, and I let out a wince.

Pulling away, the Avatar frowns at my leg, blood trailing down it. "Azula must have cut you when you attacked her."

"Wouldn't be the first time" I huff, Sokka letting me rest my body weight on him as our group moves out of the bunker.

"Did Azula do that to your hands?" Sokka asks, anger lacing his voice. Aang glances down, brows raising.

Sighing, I shake my head. "In the catacombs, Zuko got the upper hand and burned me. The last thing I remember is watching Aang fall from the air." Glancing to him, I take a breath. "I thought you had died, the entire Fire Nation did."

Looking down, Aang shakes his head, staying quiet for the rest of the way back to the others. As Appa lands, I spot Katara, running towards us. Sokka holds my hand, helping me slide down ate great beast, a small wrap hugs my thigh.

"It was all a trap! Azula knew we were coming and she's plotted out every move! Sokka groans, shaking his head in shame. "We've just got to get to the beach as fast as we can. If we can make it to the submarines, maybe we can get away safely." An older Water Tribe man eyes me suspiciously but a gentle look from Katara calms him. She pulls me into a quick embrace, mouthing a hello.

"They've got air power, but so do I!" Aang states, opening his glider. "I'm gonna do what I can to slow them down." He flies off, Katara following in suite on Appa.

"Everyone, let's get back to the subs!" Sokka calls out, everyone around us turning and running. He looks to me, squeezing my hand. "Can you make it?"

"Just stay with me" I breathe, feeling the safest I ever have since the city. Together, we run, pain shooting up my leg. I wanted to stop, but stopping meant I would be locked away in that prison again. I grunt, Sokka and I managing to stay with the others. Looking up at the sky, Sokka's face pales, airships dotting the sky.

"Try and find cover! I think we're about to see some bombs!" He calls aloud. Toph easy bends out a protective ceiling of earth above us, Aang and Katara approaching. Sokka hovers over me as the bombs drop, the earth cracking. Yet as soon as it starts, it stops, the ships continue onward.

"Why aren't they turning around to attack us again?" Katara asks, joining us with Aang.

Coming to a realization, Aangs eyes widen. "They're heading for the beach. They're gonna destroy the submarines!"
Hopeless, Sokka frowns. "How are we all going to escape?"

The older Water Tribe man from before returns, and sighs. "We're not."

"Then our only choice is to stand and fight. We have the Avatar, we could still win" Sokka suggests, determined.

"Yes, with the Avatar we could still win. On another day. You kids have to leave. You have to escape on Appa together" the man states.

My eyes widen, a sudden respect forming for the man. "You can't be serious, the prisons, they-" I stop, looking down fearfully for what would happen to any of them.

"We can't leave you behind!" Katara exclaims, grabbing the man. I realize this man is her father. "We won't leave anyone behind!"

"You're our only chance in the long run. You and Sokka have to go with Aang" their father sighs sadly. "It's the only way to keep hope alive.

Another Water Tribe man speaks up. "The youngest of our group should go with you. The adults will stay behind and surrender. We'll be prisoners, but we'll all survive this battle."

"I've got some experience with the Fire Nation prisons. It's not going to be easy, but we'll get by" Another man speaks up.

"You will be sent to high security prisons" I state, eyes turning to me. "Even if they treat you like dirt, a simple look could mean life or death. Please, be careful, when we win this war, brave people like you all will need to be alive." The Water Tribe man smiles.

"They're at the beach already!" Sokka cries out. I squeeze the hands of those around me as the ships are destroyed, stranding hundreds of people on the shores of the Fire Nation.

As the others are boarded onto Appa, I look to Aang, tears run down his cheeks. I try to console him, but he merely glances to me sadly. "We will get through this, it is our destiny."

"I sure hope so" Aang frowns.

"You should have died that day in Ba Sing Se, but you didn't. The world still needs you Aang, don't forget it."

He smiles weakly. "I'm glad you're back, Azara, hopefully you stay till the end of this war."

"I hope so too" I sigh, joining Katara and Sokka in the saddle.

Aang stands to his feet, bowing to the remaining people on the ground. "Thank you all for being so brave and so strong. I'm gonna make this up to you." Appa moans, taking off into the air. "I know just the place for us to go to where we'll be safe for a while. The western Air Temple!" Aang calls out, Appa speeding through the air.

I look back to the Fire Nation, and those left behind. I clench my fists, the smallest of flames flickering from within.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
201K 5.9K 28
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢 //𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 ❝𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬. ❞ Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in h...
15.3K 483 16
Zuko met the slave girl Shira as a child but he never knew that she was also a bender... and a special one. Just as Zuko is making friends with the g...
882K 32K 115
Azara never wanted to be a princess of the Fire Nation. So, when the opportunity to help the Avatar and defeat her father arises, she takes it. And u...