Chapter 33

"I've missed you" I whisper to Ren, our fingers intertwined.

"Well maybe if you didn't go marching into the Earth Kingdom every free second" he chuckles, pulling us into a sitting position "How are you?"

"Can we not bring this up?" I sigh, pulling a hand through my hair "It was a moment of weakness."

"Azara" Ren says a bit more sharply "You were a mess."

"I'm always going to be a mess Ren" I whisper "What happened to me...you can't forget it." My eyes looked forward, a frown settling onto my lips. His hand pulls at my face, so my wandering eyes meet his. "I'm always going to be here for you" Ren says with a small smile. Quickly, he presses a light kiss to my forehead. 

The door to my room opens, revealing Grandpa. "Zuko already refused to join us, but perhaps you two would like to join the crew and I for music night?" Grandpa questions.

"That would be wonderful Grandpa" I smile, pulling Ren off of my bed and towards the door.

~~~~

"Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Four seasons ... four loves ... Four seasons ... for love" Grandpa's voice lifts through the air. While other members play instruments, and some even dance with Ren and I. 

Ren's hands are on my hips, while mine are wrapped carefully around his neck. We sway to the music, a growing smile on his lips.

If only things could stay like this.

Suddenly, the music stopped, everything ending in one high pitched cord. Turning around, my eyes widen. There he was. His eyes scanned over the crows, until they fell on me. A devilish grin formed on his cracking lips. 

"Princess Azara" Zhao bows. "It's so good to see you again" he grins, moving towards Ren and I. However, Grandpa steps in, hiding me from Zhao's view.

"What do you need Admiral Zhao?" Grandpa questions.

"Your crew" he says bluntly.

No.

"And even you and your granddaughter. You see, I'm going to the Northern Water Tribe to find the Avatar" Zhao remarks.

No!

"I will be staying here" I say sharply "With my cousin and Grandfather."

"Fine" Zhao grumbles, glaring at the crew members "Go get your things!" 

Turning, I take Ren's hand, which is now beginning to get extremely warm from his anger. Pulling at his hand, we enter below deck and toward's his quarters. It was odd, he had always come to my room, never the other way around.

"Ren" I whisper, pulling at one of his fingers. I am met will silence as we weave through the halls. 

Multiple of the other crew members catch me in their sights. While I heard the crew members pestered Ren for 'seeing the Princess', they knew to be silent.

Finally, we enter his room, which was more of a broom closet. Closing the door, I try again "Ren-"

This time he responds, hands firmly on my hips, and his mouth on mine. Pulling from the kiss, I look at him "Ren-"

"No. No talking" he whispers "This might be the last time I kiss you."

A few heavy kisses later, I push through the daze, trying to talk. "I'm going to see you again" I note. "I'm a Fire Nation soldier. When I'm sent of to war, it means I probably won't be found" he whispers on my mouth. "Ren. I will make sure I'll find you again." Again, he ignores me, pulling me closer to him. Sighing in defeat, my hands grip at his hair. 

Unhooking his mouth from mine, he kisses my cheeks, before backing up. His eyes fall onto my flushed face. Finally, his hands pulls at the necklace he bought me in the market, a smile plays on his lips.

"Goodbye, Princess Azara" he mumbles, reaching over to grab a bag filled with clothing.

He opens the door, and leaves. "Ren-?!" I call, fumbling out of his room. I didn't care that the crew would be watching and hearing. "Ren please!" I cry out, but he doesn't turn around. Desperate, I spirit after him. 

I finally catch up to him on deck, where Zhao's men wait for the crew and their Admiral. "I'll find you" I whisper to Ren, pulling him into an embrace.

With a frown, he turns, joining the other crew members with Zhao's men.

~~~~~~

"Thank you for joining me on this walk Azara" Grandpa notes. After Ren and the rest of the crew left, I decided to get off that floating hunk of memories. 

"Thank you for inviting me" I reply, leaving the air full of silence.

We walk for a few minutes in silence. That is until an explosion rocks the ground. Turning around, my eyes fill with flames. "Zuko!" Grandpa and I yell aloud, turning and running back.

My feet push me quickly. I won't lose Ren and Zuko in the same day. I won't!

By the time I reach the dock, it's engulfed in flames. "Zuko..." Grandpa whispers, reaching the dock with me. Shaking my head, hot tears fall from my face. "No! NO!" I scream aloud, fire shooting from my hands. 

"Azara..."