Imperfect

By Gabby__21

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they have some imper... More

Prolouge: Imperfect
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Three

208 9 10
By Gabby__21

Word count: 4301

+_+_+_+

Traitor's Person Point of View

I watch as he falls to the floor, his last words slip out of his mouth before he goes limp. I walk up to his body and look down at his sleeping form.

"Such a shame that things had to end this way,"

I lower down, grabbing his arm and leg as I hoist him over my shoulders. I walk out of the office, heading to my boss with hopes of pleasing them.

•Xandria's Point of View•

It was quiet, so silent I swear I could hear my own heart pounding in my chest. A cool wind blew by causing my body to shiver. I was in dress that flowed down to my knee, but had a slit on the right side of me stopping just at my hip. It was a lace material and fit my body so perfectly it was as if it were made just for me.

From the looks of my surrounding I was in Hunter and I's bedroom. The bed was the same, the placement of the furniture was the same, but the one thing that stood out the most was the crib opposite me.

It was a simple white, wooden crib with purple sheets and stuff toys inside. The only thing missing from the crib was a baby, without it, it just looked like a misplaced item in the room.

It didn't look like it belonged.

I felt something inside of me, pulling me closer to the crib; as though it was of great importance. My hands gripped the top bar and I looked down at the baby-less crib. The mattress had an imprint of a body; a small body, one that only an infant could make.

Then I heard it.

It was coming from behind the door that leads to the hallway. It was a cry, but not just any cry, it was a baby's cry.

I turned around just as the door opened. A woman in a long glowing white dress stepped into the room. The dress flowed behind her like a long train of fabric that had no end. As she walked in it was as if she was floating on air. I had an idea of who she was just by the aura she gave off.

"Moon Goddess," I greet, bowing my head slightly. She smiled sweetly at me, showing me the small baby girl in her arms. She was wrapped in a light pink blanket. She was so small, possibly the smallest child I have ever seen.

"Would you like to hold her?" she asks, her voice angelic and soft. I nod my head, feeling as though this baby was more than it seemed. I felt a connection to her.

"What's her name?" I ask, cradling the petite child in my arms. I held her in my arms, being sure to support her little head. She was so tiny and precious; I never want harm to come to this beautiful child.

Her skin was an olive colour and she had the most gorgeous hazel eyes. They looked similar to mine, and her plump lips matched that of Hunter's.

I knew right then who's baby I was holding and I never wanted to let her go.

"Her name is Hazel," she says, which went perfect with the glowing eyes that looked at me in wonder. She was so gorgeous.

"My little Hazel," I whisper lovingly. I stretch out my index finger and wave it in front of her face, her little hands coming up to wrap around them in a loose fashion.

"I am so sorry for your loss," the Moon Goddess says, so lowly that I almost don't catch what she says. I look up in shock, not believing the words coming out of her mouth.

"M-my loss?" I question. This child I held in my arms cannot be real.

This dream has to be some kind of foreshadow into the future, not a goodbye from the present.

The Moon Goddess does not say anything, which only aggravates me.

"What do you mean; my loss?" I question again, a more demanding tone to my voice. She may be the mother of all wolves, but I'm the mother of this child and I want to know this instant what she is talking about.

She purses her lips before speaking in a soft voice, "you lost her, Xandria."

I freeze, almost as if moving in slow motion, and stare at the bundle of joy in my arms. A single tear falls down, landing on her forehead. I take my thumb and wipe it away, kissing her cheek.

I take a deep breath, looking up at this amazing Goddess that so many worship.

"Isn't there anything you can do? You're the Mood Goddess," I say -no- more like plead. There has to be some way to turn this tragedy around and bring my little Hazel back to me. Now that I've seen her, I can't lose her again.

"I am truly sorry, but there is nothing I can do. Death is death, my dear," she says. She looks at me pitifully as she watches tears fall down my cheek.

"B-but my b-baby girl," I cry, looking down at the peacefully sleeping baby in my arms. "I-I can't leave h-her," I sob.

"Sometimes we have to let go in order to move on. Yes, this loss is sad, but your future is very bright, Xandria," she reasons, but it doesn't do much to make me smile. By letting go of Hazel I was saying goodbye to a life that will never get a chance to fully live. She will be gone forever and I will never have gotten to watch her grow into a beautiful woman.

"She won't be gone forever, she will live on in the hearts of her parents, whom would have loved her unconditionally if not for the circumstances," the Moon Goddess says, making my cries grow stronger.

I look down at my daughter... my daughter, wow I never thought I would get to say those words.

Based on the life that I lived I never pictured myself being able to start a family with anyone. I have always been to afraid that my mother was going to run my life and I would never get to fall in love... but now I look into the hazel eyes of my beautiful baby girl and I could not be more proud of the beautiful child that Hunter and I created.

This isn't how Hazel's story should have gone. She should have lived a full life, with her parents to guide her along the way... but because of the cruel actions of her grandmother, my baby girl will never get to do those things.

I sigh, kissing her cheek once again. A soft sigh leaves her sleeping mouth as she cuddles into my chest. 

"It's time to let go,"the Moon Goddess whispers softly.

I look up at her, her arms outstretched as she expects me to hand her my eldest child.

I nod solemnly, letting her take my little Hazel out of my hands. I felt cold, numb even, without her warmth against my chest.

"I love you Hazel, and I will never stop loving you babygirl," I say, kissing her on the forehead. Her eyes opened, those beautiful and wide hazel eyes stare up at me as if they understand that this is goodbye. Tears welled up in her eyes and my heart broke even more.

Before I could change my mind and rip the child back into my arms, a bright light appears and just like that the Moon Goddess and Hazel were gone.

I don't think my life will go on the same from this point on. I don't want to live in agony for my little baby, but I also know that when I wake up and all this is resolved, I will plan a proper burial for her. It's what she deserves.

I look back around the room, the crib still baby-less. A single lightbulb was hanging on top of it and as I watched the lightbulb flicker I felt a chill run down my spine.

It felt as though I was being watched. I turn around eyeing the four corners of the room for anybody, but came up with nothing. All the doors were closed, which means the presence had to be in the room with me.

"If you're just going to stand and watch me then be my guest, but it seems a picture would last longer," I say, looking around the room for any irregularities. There didn't seem to be any.

"That was quite the sentimental moment you had there," a male says. I follow his voice and find him on the bed, sitting down casually. He wasn't there before, where did he come from?

"Wondering who I am?" he asks. I simply nod my head, not in the mood to speak. "Name's William," he says, outstretching his hand for me to shake. I just stare at his hand as if he were going to pass me the plague.

He raises an eyebrow at me, pulling his hand back once realizing I wasn't going to shake it.

"Not the hand shaker, I see," he says, humour laced in his words.

"Why are you here? I'm not fond of small talk, so just get to the point, William," I say, adding his name to not seem too hostile. This was my dream yet there seemed to be a lot of special guests appearing; perhaps this was more like a vision.

"Right down to business, just like that mate of yours," he laughs. He knew Hunter? "Well, I don't exactly know Hunter, but you may know my son."

This caught my attention. His son? Who could that be?

"Depends on who your son is," I simply say, shrugging as I stand my ground.

He pats the spot next to him for me to sit down, but I use my better judgement and sit across from him cross-legged on the bed.

"Ethan," he says.

Ethan? As in Ethan Perez? This this was Ethan Perez's father?! What the heck is he doing here, talking to me of all people?!

"So then that would mean you're..." I trail off not sure if using the word was offensive.

"Dead? You can say it, it's not a bad word. I'm well aware that my life has come to its end and have made my peace with it," he says. I nod, not really sure where I came into this.

"I'm glad you have found peace Mister Perez, but if you don't mind my asking; why have you come to visit me?" I ask.

"Well the main reason I came was to ensure that you kill that cold stone bitch Rosalind," he sneers angrily. I get why I want her dead, but what did she do to him?

He looks into my eyes, a cold dead stare. I gasp, a realization coming to mind.

"She killed you, didn't she?" I ask, hoping to the Goddess that I was wrong. He looks up and me, and his facial expression says enough.

"She killed more than just me," he says.

"Who else?" I ask, immediately regretting it from the tears spilling out of his eyes. I get up and sit next to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He wasn't so creepy and scary as he first appeared.

"My wife, Grace," he cries. I frown as I watch him crumble into sadness before my eyes. I was about to question him, but he spoke up again, "she was the love of my life. I haven't seen her since that bitch made me watch as she stabbed my love to death, more than once, with a silver knife."

I shiver at the thought of my mother stabbing his poor wife to death. I knew she was coldhearted and ruthless, but deep-down I never thought that she could actually kill someone. Looks like I was wrong... very wrong.

She actually killed two people... and for all I know many more.

"If you don't mind my asking," I say, pausing to wait for his response. He nods, telling me that it's fine. "Why did my mother kill you two? She seems like the type to have a reason for her attacks," I ask.

Though my mother did abuse me for dumb reasons, she didn't strike me as the kind to kill someone else without it. Over the years, I have learned that my mother is rather sensitive and can take things strongly out of proportion. Such as when my father found his mate and she immediately led to the conclusion that he did not want to raise his unborn child.

"She wants to rule the pack for herself, and the best way to do that was to get rid of any people that can stop Ethan from seeing past her manipulative ways," he says, frowning. So Ethan fell for my mother's so called manipulation? That does explain why Ethan was listening to everything Rosalind told him. He was under some kind of blackmail Rosalind had over him.

"Is there anything that my mother has that Ethan would want?" I ask, trying to get as much information as I can.

"His mate. She has his mate, I just know it," William says. My eyes shoot open in disbelief. Ethan has a mate?! What was he doing trying to marry me then? Clearly he cares for his mate if he is listening to my mother, but that doesn't explain his obsession with me.

"He has a mate?" I ask, still stunned. William nods with a sad smile.

"Her name is Abigail, or Abi as Ethan liked to call her. She's a very sweet girl, I do hope that beast has not done anything to her," he says, but more like sneers. He truly cares about Abigail, and I pray that she is okay. Perhaps Ethan wasn't such a bad guy, he was just trying to keep his mate safe. After all, the bond can make you do crazy things.

I want to ask more, maybe even get some useful information on the his former pack, but I am unable to as my world goes black.

Suddenly, I am being kicked aggressively in the stomach. I try to block my body but was restrained by some kind of shackles. I flinched as a hard pressure is banged against my head.

William shoots from his seat, worry on his face. "What's happening?" I manage to cry out.

"You're going ba-," he's cut off as I watch his mouth move but hear nothing. I press my hands to my ears trying to get them to work again but to no avail. I look up at William with a blurred vision and watch as he steps back.

He waves at me as a bright light appears and I am pulled towards it. I reach out to try and grab onto something but end up empty handed. The pain that was once in my stomach comes back again and it feels like I am being hammered to death.

My once closed eyes open up again as I begin to get a clearer view of the demon that has ruined my vision.

There she stood, coated in a black pantsuit and a fire red top. Her black, pointed heels are pulled back preparing for another blow, but she stops herself when she realizes I have opened my eyes.

"Oh look, the princess as awoken. I do hope I was not the cause of it," she says in a sickly sweet voice. Groaning in pain, I try my best to glare at her.

I manage to pick myself up, only slightly and support myself onto my side with my right arm.

"You... bitch," I manage to sputter out, some blood falling out in the process. I'm still not fond of swearing, but right now seems as good as anytime to use profanity to my advantage.

I wipe away the blood from my mouth trying my best to hide away any emotion from her.

She laughs a hardy laugh. I roll my eyes because she really is just a sick twisted soul.

"Yeah laugh it up because once my mate comes you'll see who's laughing then," I spat, red blood shooting out of my mouth and landing on the floor in front of me. I know Hunter has been kidnapped and is somewhere in this building drugged you, but since she doesn't know that I know this information, it's best that I play the "knight in shining armour" card.

She stops laughing and snaps her eyes towards me, a growl leaving her lips.

"You seem to have forgotten who is the one shackled down to the floor right now. Know your place, whore," she sneers, creeping towards me.

I suppose the smart thing to do in the situation is to just shut up and play the victim... but I've played the victim my whole life and all it ever did was cause me harm and depression.

So screw being the victim, I want to be the attacker for once!

With as much power as I can gather I manage to lift myself up as much as the shackles allow, which is just enough for me to stand up fully.

My body is screaming for me to lay down and rest, especially with the amount of blood that has piled up on the floor from the tragedy my mother caused.

"You have caused me enough pain, you cold hearted bitch," I snap, causing her to laugh once again.

"Say what you will about me, but no matter what you will always be my daughter," she says, "that fire that you have inside of you comes from me, and as much as I worked years to destroy it, it seems that it has finally found its way back to you. I congratulate you, really, because it makes what is about to happen so much better."

I sneer my teeth as her much like I've seen the wolves in my pack do. I may not be able to shift, but there will always be a wolf inside me ready to come out. 

"I must say this rage that is oozing out of you in so refreshing," she says, smiling evilly at me. There is a hint of playfulness in her eyes as she enjoys seeing me challenge her. My mother has always been one to enjoy a good challenge, and she will never pass it up. "But I'm tired of using you as my punching bag," she states.

At first I am confused, but as soon as the two guards from before come in I know that it can't be anything good.

"Take her back to the cell with the pups," she says, not saying another word as she leaves the room. I'm confused by this as she didn't even try to hit me for going against her, but then again I shouldn't be complaining. Now that she was gone all the adrenaline inside of me fades and I begin to feel the worse of my injuries. I fall to the ground, biting my lip to hold in the cry for pain as my body screams for me to get proper rest.

The two guards approach me and pick me up by the armpits, which is definitely not helping my injuries as they drag me back to the cell where the pups are. They dump me into the ground, right in front of where all of them are huddled up.

I groan in pain, not even being able to pick myself up and face the children. By the sounds of their gasps and whimpers, I know that they are terrified. I am their Luna, I am supposed to embody power and grace. Unfortunately, right now all I am embodying is a broken down woman with no power or grace whatsoever.

"Luna, is that you?" a young girls voice asks.

"Of course it's her, Angie! Everyone help me bring her up against the wall," the familiar voice of Evie commands. I feel as small hands grab my arms and waist and drag me to sit up against the wall. I groan in pain, biting down on my lip hard as they hoist me up to a sitting position.

"Thank you," I manage to sputter out, giving Evie a grateful look. She really took control of her situation and I'm very proud of her. Even though she is terrified, she knew that I was hurt and laying down in that position wasn't going to help me.

"Your mother would be very proud of you, Evie," I tell her. A smile comes across her face, as do many on all the children. I know they all miss their parents and families deeply and I will not rest until they are all reunited again.

"Are you alright Luna?" Evie asks as she sits in front of me. I nod my head, "I may not look the greatest, but I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, sweetie, just worry about keeping yourself safe until help comes."

Considering that my pack is without their Luna and Alpha, I'm thinking that it's even more drive for them to come find us. I'm sure Chace is working his butt off trying to find us, and I can only hope that he does it soon.

The pups are very malnourished and I can tell by the dark circles under their eyes, that they have not slept properly either. If I don't make it out of this alive, I need all of them to.

As time goes by the cell fills with the sounds of little snores. The pups have all fallen asleep around me, huddling up as they try to keep warm. I lean my head against the wall, looking up to the ceiling as I let out a staggered breath.

Just as all the air leaves my lungs, the cell door swings open. The pups all jump up in fear, getting close to the walls and far from the intruder in the room.

To no surprise of my own, Rosalind comes strutting in dresses in a black pantsuit and a white shirt covered in red stains. The red stains can only be one thing and my heart pounds faster and I begin to wonder who's blood that is.

"You look nervous, sweetie," she says, walking towards me. I make my face blank of emotions, but that doesn't leave my heart from deceiving me and pounding hard and fast for her to hear.

"The only nervous one here should be you," I state confidently. She rolls her eyes at me, asking, "and why is that?"

"Because when my mate comes to rescue me, you'll be very sorry," I say, hoping that by mentioning Hunter she will take me to him.

She lets out a small laugh, then says, "oh he's here sooner than expected, but trust me there won't be any rescuing."

I play the confusion card as I look at her and ask, "what do you mean?"

Smirking, she approaches me and grabs me by the hair. Aggressively, she drags me with her out of the cell, leaving the poor defenseless pups behind.

As long as no one touches them I don't care what she does to me. She's already left my body so weak that I can't even fight back as she drags me down the hallway, my heels dragging against the floor.

She stops at a room with two black wooden doors with golden doorknobs.

"Now the fun can truly begin," she sadistically sneers. This makes my stomach turns uncomfortably and I already know I'm not going to like what is behind the door.

She twists the handle and pushes it open, throwing me forward into the room to witness the scene before me. A gasp leaves my lips as I bring my hand up to my mouth in shock.

I'm not sure when the plan backfired, but the moment I saw my mate hunched over on his hands and knees being whipped by a man, I knew immediately who it was.

He stopped the attack on Hunter's bare and bloody back that has streaks from the whip marked all over him. He was shackled down by silver chains which meant he was not healing as quickly as he should be from an Alpha.

There he stood. He didn't frown, actually his face was void of emotion as he looked at me with his dead eyes. Hunter must have been distracted by the pain and blood that he hadn't even caught onto the fact that I was in the room.

The traitor steps away from Hunter, approaching me. Rosalind puts a hand up to stop him before he gets too close.

I give him the coldest and deadliest glare I have ever given, but he doesn't even seem phased by it.

"Continue," Rosalind commands, and just like that he brings back the whip and strikes Hunter hard.

"Stop! Don't do this!" I scream, trying to pull away from Rosalind but her grip and my weakened self cannot do so. "Chace Thatch how could you!" I shout at him. Tears run down my cheeks as I hear my mate grunt in pain. I fall to my knees don't being able to handle it all.

Why would he do this?

Hunter was his own flesh and blood!

How could he do this to us?

That was my last thought as I felt a needle being poked into my neck, causing me to faint as the liquid inside got into my system.

"Sleep tight sweetheart."

+_+_+_+

Thoughts?

I absolutely love reading all your comments & all the support you guys have given this book is amazing! Thank you so much <3

Vote!

Comment!

Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
8.3K 113 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
288K 9.1K 29
BWBM ♤♤♤♤♤ Darius picks me up from my seat and pushes me against the wall. "It's hard to concentrate with that enticing smell coming off of you in w...
26.7K 1.3K 13
"Help us, please." Smirking in entertainment, I crouch in front of them. Their heads hanging loosely, as if they couldn't hold their heads up. "Giv...