Gentle Predator

By Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 22

495 18 8
By Jia-Belle

Would you look at that.... Chapter 22 already...

Huh, we are going somewhere!

Enjoy, kittycats

Chapter 22

I woke up with this intense feeling that something or someone was watching me, but I didn't wanted to move. I felt so at peace as I lay there that I did not wanted to break it. This was the most calm I have ever felt in such a long time.

I took a deep breath keeping my eyes closed still. For some reason, the piercing feeling increased and I now became uneasy. Slowly I opened my wary eyes to see the white ceiling. I was back in my room. The memory of what happened last night had me shivering all over again. I trusted Jessie. I thought she was on my side in all of this, but she bit me. She bit me then she let that dirty wolf bite me again. She watched as it all happened. I still wanted to know how this was helping me. I did not want to turn into a wolf. That's not on my list of stupid crap to do.

I took a deep breath again still blinking up at the ceiling.

And Ben...

Was he died?

Did Dylan kill him?

The thought caused my heart to rise but then again he did bite me. That is still no reason for him to die. Oh gosh the poor guy. This entire thing is my fault.

"Tink?" I heard from somewhere in the room. I didn't bother to look knowing just who that was. Where was he the whole of yesterday? He just disappeared in the morning to never be seen again. I'm sure if he didn't leave me, none of this wouldn't have happened. I suddenly began to glare at the ceiling.

Stupid wolf.

"Come on, Tink, I know you're awake." He sighed annoyed.

I tried my best to not roll my eyes. Suddenly there was movement in the room and a face appeared above mine.

"Wake the hell up!" Louis yelled clapping his hands together in front my face. I began to laugh, but a sharp pain rushed to my neck with the little movement that I did. I thought about yesterday again and all the blood I lost. How am I even alive?

"Stop making her laugh, idiot. She's in pain." I heard Alyson say.

"I can't help that I'm so funny. Something you wish you was so people could actually like you."

"Guys really?"

It was Liam's turn to talk and this felt like it has already happened already. The very first time I met them it was just like this. Nothing changed from then. As I stared at the ceiling another face popped up. Sharp blue eyes stared down at me with worry and concern.

"How are you feeling?" Noah asked bringing his hand to my hair and caressing it. I turned my gaze away from him, and instead of answering I turned my attention to the conversation that was in the room.

"You should have listened to me." Alyson stated to me. "I warned you about Jessie, but no, you want to make new friends. A scratch to the throat and a bite to the arm were so damn original."

"Why would she do it though?" Liam asked with a small hum.

"Who knows what goes on in that empty blonde head of hers. God I hate her."

I wanted to laugh Alyson's resentment but I fear that my scars will hurt again. Instead I opened my mouth, "She wanted to help me." My voice cracked and my throat burned but I fought through it. The room went silent. "Help you with what?" Louis asked appearing in front me once again.

"She wanted to help me with the wolves by turning me into one as well."

"Well she did a pretty crappy job." Louis chuckled shaking his head.

What? It didn't work? I pulled my brow together confused.

"What do you mean?"

"The scars were not deep enough." Liam answered. "She bit you yes, but it wasn't deep enough to kill you and turn you into a wolf."

"Thank god!"

That's the best news next to knowing you don't have aids. I took a well needed breath before smiling once again. I'm not ready to be a wolf. No... As the room went into silence again, the door suddenly burst open. "Everyone out!" That strong and powerful voice said echoing throughout the room.

"Calm down there, big boy." Louis joked. "You could have just asked kindly."

"Do you want me to use force?"

"Someone is a little feisty today."

"Just get out the door!" Liam yelled. I could hear all of their footsteps as they leaved and heard that one heavy foot walking towards me. "Noah, I want you to stay." Dylan instructed harshly leaving to space of amusement.

"Why?"

"Because I want you to stay. Don't make me say it again."

I heard Noah growl at his brother before the room door slammed closed. Dylan took a deep breath walking over to me. His face appeared in front mine serious as ever. No smile, no emotion, nothing.

"How you feeling?" He asked raising a brow.

"How does it look like I'm feeling?"

"I'm not in the mood for you smart answers, Stella. You piss me off and I make them worse. How the hell are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Dylan."

He stared at me for a little while before disappearing. I tried my best to sit up without hurting my bruises too badly. I leaned again headboard as I stared at the brothers. Noah leaned against the door with his arms folded while Dylan paced the room. "Where were you yesterday?" He asked directing to his brother.

Noah sighed annoyed, "None of your business."

"Oh I'm going to make it my business. Why did you leave pack territory? Do you see what happened to Stella?"

"Well I'm sorry. I didn't know I was her personal bodyguard. Are you blaming this on me when I wasn't even there?"

"That's the point, you fucking brat. You weren't there. If one person should've been there it should have been you. I trusted you with her and look what happened." Dylan voice raised and his eyes slowly turned into this soulless black. I could tell he was trying his best to explode on his brother, and I'm sure Noah was the same. I wanted to stop them from going any farther with this, but my voice just stopped working.

"But I wasn't, Dylan. I wasn't there, and somehow this ends up my fault."

"It's always your fault. It's your fault what happened to mom and dad and it's your fault for what happened to Stella."

"You're blaming that on me too?! What else you want to pin on me? Did I fucking change earth's climate too?"

"Stop!"

I finally yelled causing the throat to burn. "This is not Noah's fault. He wasn't there. It's my fault for going in the first place. Don't blame him and stop arguing." I stared at them both with annoyed looks. They argue more than a married couple. I was getting tired of it. Noah suddenly pushed off the wall and began to walk over to the door.

"You walk out of here, boy, and I swear that's the last time you will disobey me." He only snorted before placing his hand against the handle. Before he could even do anything, Dylan quickly walked over and roughly pulled him away from the door and shoved him against the wall. "You will listen to me!" Dylan yelled using all the alpha power that was inside of him. I noticed the claws that were now wrapped around Noah's neck and his sharp fangs that pointed out. He reminded me of Jessie...

"I don't give a shit if you are my brother. There is only one alpha in this pack. I am your alpha!"

"Dylan, stop." I yelled again feeling a bit scared that he might actually kill Noah in front of me. The thought made my heart clench. I don't want him to die. Yes, I am angry with him but deep down inside I don't want anything to happen to him. With all the strength I could muster, I got off the bed. The foot I got bitten in burned as I walked on it towards Dylan, therefor I hard to limp. My neck hurt with each bit of movement I did, and my arm felt like it was about to fall off. Yet I didn't stop. I have to calm Dylan. As I reached where they were, I found myself between the both of them, and pressed my good hand against Dylan's heaving chest.

"Stop. Don't hurt him."

I tried to push him say but that of course did not help. Dylan was a wall. "It's not his fault. Please, Dylan leave him alone."

He still looked at Noah for a while before his gaze slowly met mine. The look he gave me was one to run away from but I stood my ground. I was not going to let him hurt Noah like he did to Ben. Dylan didn't say anything to me. He didn't say anything at all. He just growled and bared his fangs before rushing out the room. I sighed out of relief reminding myself to never do that again. I placed my hand against my beating chest wondering where I got all that courage from. I only know one person that even stood up to the alpha and he almost got his ass kicked. I sighed leaning forward but my neck protested.

"Ow!"

"You're such an idiot." I heard from behind of me. I felt myself being lifted and brought back to the bed.

"Yeah, but this idiot saved you."

"No, idiot almost pulled her stitches and killed almost herself."

He placed me on the bed before sitting against the edge. I stared at Noah for a moment. I don't know how long but I just wanted to stare at him. Out of all my anger and frustration I kind of missed him. It was just one day without his company but I missed him. I can proudly say that I get lonely without him next to me. I've spent so much time with him that I can't see myself not by his side.

But yesterday... If only he was by my side yesterday... Just maybe none of this wouldn't happen...

I see where Dylan was going with this but it's still not his fault. He's not my guardian. He can do what he wants without even thinking about me. I sighed finally looking away from him and towards the open window. I heard Noah slightly move on the bed but I didn't dare turn around.

"Stella, listen," he started out taking a breath. "I'm sorry about what happened to you. Dylan is right. If I was there you wouldn't have left with Jessie."

"Maybe I would have." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"But I would have been there to keep you company."

"Maybe I'm tired of your company. Even if you were here or not I would have probably still went with her." He took a deep breath again and I felt him shift.

"Okay... Then if that's how you feel, maybe you got what you deserved."

"I probably did. Thank you for pointing that out."

"Listen, Stella-"

"I don't belong here, Noah." I sharply said turning to face him now. I could finally see the care and concern in his eyes that I was so longing to see. His whole eyes scanned my face for a moment before joining mine again. "What do you mean?" He softly asked slowly raising his brow.

"I mean I don't belong in this pack territory. I wouldn't be in this predicament if I just left the first week I came here. I shouldn't have stayed. I shouldn't have made friends or go to school. I should have gone home wherever home may be. I should have made it my mission to get back to where I belong. This is not your fault. It's mine from the very beginning."

He reached a hand out to touch me but I pulled it away. I shouldn't be harsh to him but I'm in no mood for comforting. I just want to be alone. Noah inches closer to me on the bed and forced my hand in his.

"Stella, this isn't your fault." He stated with a small nod. I opened my mouth to talk but he shook his head to shut me up. "We are happy that you made that decision to stay."

"If everyone was happy I wouldn't be like this. I don't want to start a war in the pack."

"Fuck the others. There was gonna be a war with or without you here anyway. The commands are a group of asshole with big egos and little care for anyone else. You caused nothing in the pack."

I didn't reply. I just focused on the feel of his thumb caressing the skin on my hand. It was soothing and it eased me a little but there still was a nagging feeling. No matter what Noah says I still feel this was my fault. Ben died because of me. Someone is dead because of me! Dylan hates Noah even more because of me. These people that are my friends are in danger because of me. I don't want anyone else getting hurt. I especially can't live with myself if Noah gets hurt. The thought caused a sharp pain to my heart. My frown deepens as I pulled my hand away from Noah's.

"I can't stay." I whispered looking away from his hurt eyes. "I have to go."

"Don't say that."

"It's for the better. It's either I go and live or I stay and eventually die."

"You're not gonna die." Noah growled in a dark tone.

"Noah-"

"No one is going to hurt you again."

"You have no control over that."

"Stella, if I have to kill everyone in this pack to protect you then I will."

"Then you should have thought of that yesterday."

"Dammit, Stella!" He yelled standing to his feet. I turned my head back towards him to see he was now pacing the room. His fingers lost in his dark hair and his eyes looking all over the place. Noah growled out loud and I noticed the crawls that were slowly forming on his fingers. He turned back towards me with black, glaring eyes and a murderous look on his face. I swallowed hard scared at the way he looked at me. My head was telling me to run away or scream for help but I body didn't move. I was stiff on the bed motionless.

"I'm sorry about fucking yesterday!" He yelled at me. "I didn't know you were going to get hurt. I thought this whole human thing was over and done with by now."

I frown now folding my arms and huffing. I don't know where this sudden sass came from but he needed to hear what was running through my mind.

"Even before all of that happened, you left me alone in bed after we..."

My cheeks suddenly burned red as I looked away from him.

"After we..." I muttered horrified with what I was about to say.

"After we had sex?"

How can he say that so loudly!? Who does that?! My cheeks burned even greater than it did before. I covered my face to hide my embarrassment but my arm only protest. I whimpered in pain but that was nothing compare to the thoughts that was running through my head. I shook my head to get it out but still they ran a marathon in there like track stars. Out of the blue there was a small chuckle. I look through my fingers to see Noah covering his mouth as he stared at me. Was he laughing at me? Is my embarrassment funny to him?!

"Stop laughing." I pouted. He only began to laugh harder.

"What?" He smirked with a shrug. "We only had sex. You only enjoyed being below me as I bring you the best pleasure you have ever felt in your life with my-"

"Shut up! Don't you dare finish that!"

"Stella, it makes me really wonder how pure you were back then because you were not the virgin I thought you were."

"Shut up. That's not what we are talking about. We are discussing how you left."

He sighed again taking his seat again. This time he was closer than before. He held on to my hand with one hand while the other caresses my cheek. Noah leaned forward bringing our face dangerously close.

"I'm truly sorry if you're hurt about that, and I'm sorry about what happened with Jessie. If I could take back me leaving then I would. No one will hurt you again because you're mine, and I will protect what is mine."

Without any other word he pressed his lips against mine for a brief moment. When he pulled away I softly whimpered at the loss of him. "Rest." He laughed pushing off the bed. "You need your energy so I can fuck you again."

"Noah!" I yelled causing him to laugh harder as he opened the door.

"I'll check on you later, Tinkerbell."

"Don't bother asshole."

He turned to smirk at me before walking out and closing the door behind of him. Through all my anger and embarrassment I couldn't help the smile that was on my face. I flop down against the pillow with a sigh to only have my neck burn. I whined for a moment then closed my eyes. Noah's right. I need my rest to gain my strength back.

Not to do what he wants of course... Once again my checks turned hot.

Stupid wolf...

By time I woke up it was already in the middle of the night. I was alone again sitting in the darkness as I stared at the closed door. I could hear them talking. I didn't know who it was but by the sound of their voices I could tell they were arguing.

Was it Dylan and Noah again? Are they honestly still arguing about me again? Men... What are we going to do with them? I sighed rolling of the bed ignoring the pain that shot through my neck and arm. The moment I stood on my injured foot, my wound protested and I hissed in pain. A regular person would have stayed in bed after all this but I can't stay here and do nothing. That's not what I do. As slow as I could I walked to the door and pulled it open.

The argument only came louder and one thing I know for sure it was Dylan. His loud voice could have been heard as he barked at whoever it was. I shook my head attempting to walk to the door, but a figure stopped my motion.

"Hello there, kitty cat." I heard suddenly. I looked up to see a smiling Noah leaning against the wall.

"Where you going?"

"Who is Dylan yelling at?" I asked looking over his shoulders.

"You know you really shouldn't be walking all over the place with your stitches."

"Are you sure he's fine?" Noah rolled his eyes and gave out a sharp breath.

"Why do you even care about him? He's the alpha. They tend to yell a lot."

Suddenly the door swung open to Dylan's office. I looked over Noah's shoulders to see a man I haven't seen in a while. As always he had that sinister look on his face and this look in his eyes. He was probably even angrier due to what I just heard. As he walked away from the door, Dylan suddenly appeared. He took a deep breath leaning against the door frame and watched as Andrew walked towards us. In an instant Noah shoved me behind of him and shields me with his body. Andrew suddenly stopped in front us,

"Why hello, Noah." He said with his voice laced in amusement.

"Don't be formal with me. You know I don't like you."

"Such harsh words, pup. Tell me, does Ms. Stella feel the same about me?"

His face appeared out of nowhere in front of me with a smirk.

"Do you, Ms. Stella?"

I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out. I was almost scared of him. Hell, I'm scared of any wolf now.

"You don't get to talk to her." Noah growled.

"Oh trust me she wouldn't be talking much soon."

Noah sharply growled and I noticed that Dylan was closer than before. The sinister Andrew only smirked taking a step back while raising his hands in defense.

"Keep calm, baby wolf. I'm not going to hurt her. She's safe locked away in the pack house hiding behind the alpha and his brother." He sighed as he began to walk away, but he wasn't finished yet.

"Ms. Stella, if you are scared of me I understand, but you need to choose your friends wisely. Or maybe even the ones that protect you."

~~~~

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

UNTIL NEXT TIME JELLIES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354 64 22
Trouble breaking out leading to the disappearance of the last daughter of Alpha Ace causing two kingdoms to be at bay. Growing up, Dawn has trouble w...
3M 115K 31
"I am made to please you, Octavia." (Completed, Edited 45%) ********* Alpha Maksim lived his life hoping to meet his mate one day, complete the bond...
265K 2.9K 60
Lied to, back stabbed, toyed with, beaten, abused, cheated, unloved, betrayed, lost, hurt. This is how Rose feels every day. She turns sixteen in a f...
8.8K 561 60
Second Installation of The Wolf Series... Amelia sought out to find out the truth behind her sister's death. But the answer was a lot more complicate...