Darkness Meets Light

By twerkinstyles

17 year old Jessamine Taylor has just recently moved to California after her parents both get job promotions... More

Darkness meet Light
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 pt 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40 pt 2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 74
Updating in progress :)

Chapter 71

128K 4.8K 2.4K
By twerkinstyles

"No, get out of here Jessamine it's not safe-"

"Stop telling me what to do okay? He's my friend too and WE are not leaving without them. Got it?" The harsh tone of my voice set him back, people pushing past us as yelling came from the unknown intruder.

"Let's go." He gripped my arm and began to run in the direction of where Niall and Louis were supposedly hidden.

Several of the classrooms were empty, others baracated shut with desks and shelves. By now the majority of the students who had fled were out of the building.

We came closer to the loud noise of a room being destructed, desks being pushed around and things being pushed over. We immediately looked at each other and went slightly pale, I could feel myself beginning to shake with fear.

Harry looked at me and pointed toward a custodian closet where they were in. God I pray that Niall is going to be okay, even if I'm uncertain of his injury.

He quickly made sure i was at his side as we dashed toward the door, not sure whether we had been spotted or not.

"Let us the fuck in Louis!" Harry demanded in a low voice, becoming very audiable now that half of the school was out of the building.

The door cracked open and I was the first to be pushed inside to not-so-roomy closet, Harry close behind as he quietly shut the door.

On the floor lay Niall, holding his lower stomach which seemed to be gushing with blood. Holding back the whimper which escaped my mouth was impossible.

I dropped beside him and Louis, who's face was the most pale I've ever seen.

"Did you see who it was Louis? That motherfu-" Harry's rage began to build up as he watched my eyes start to tear up from below.

"Guys I'll be okay." Niall stated in the most unconvincable tone, he groaned as he tried to move over to leave room for me.

"No no no don't move." I lightly gripped his shoulder and stared down at the wound.

Behind us there were a few towels which I used to cover his stomach with, the sight of blood once again nearly making me dizzy.

Chaos is all too familiar to me.

"Did you call an ambulence or something?" Harry was panicking at this point, both Louis and I too scared to even think straight.

Louis pulled his phone out of his pocket, fumbling with it in the process. "I don't have signal dammit!" and with that his phone was thrown onto the floor in frustration.

As it turns out, none of our phones had signal in this god forsaken closet.

Once again the sound of the gun going off. This time for what seemed like forever.

We all grew quiet.

"Where is she?" The voice roared not too far away from where we were hidden

"I don't know, I saw her earlier today but-" A frantic girl stuttered back in fear.

I looked at Harry who's face was hard as stone, looking down at the ground. We all knew what was coming once we heard the gun go off once more.

All the muscles in my body went weak. Had I known who this girl was? Did I randomly walk past her in the hallway one day on my way to english? Have we ever had an actual conversation?

All these thoughts race through your mind in times like this.

You never know what you have until it's gone.

I didn't even realize I had slid down onto the ground until I turned to see Harry sitting beside me, his eyes watching me.

"Don't be scared." It was silent but only i could make out his whispered words.

"Not as long as I'm around...okay?" He went to grabbed my hand but I pulled away. I can't become weak now and give him the attention he doesn't deserve.

"Don't touch me." I whimpered, not even knowing my eyes had begun to tear up.

A person can only hold in their emotions for so long. Things build up. You try to stay strong on the outside so people don't spot out your weaknesses.

"We can't just wait around, he'll bleed to death!" I stared down at Niall who was holding the strongest face possible.

"Jessamine I can hear fucking footsteps right outside this fucking door!" Louis whisper-yelled. His tone shut me up.

"I'm sorry." His face went soft after realizing how rude he was.

I nodded my head in understand.

"Jessamine...." The voice came right outside the door. My blood ran freezing cold at the sound of the voice.

Oh my fucking god no.

Please no.

Harry's eyes snapped towards me and his expression turned as cold as my skin.

We held eye contact for what seemed like hours but had only been mere seconds. Before I knew it I was crying.

"I know that voice when I hear it babeee." He was obviously not sober by the way his words were slurring.

We all crowded together and I didn't even feel when Harry put his arm around my shoulder. He leaned next to my ear, his nose brushing me.

"You'll get out of this okay? I promise. Don't be scared." All I could do was nod in return.

Poor Niall was still lying there in the most pain he's ever been in, and he can't even whimper in fear we'd be found.

The door handle began to rattle and I knew we were caught. We were so fucking dead.

"Found yaaa." Just the sound of his voice made me gag.

"Listen to me, all of you." Harry whispered.

"I'm going to slam this door open and you guys get the fuck out of here, got it?" He pointed his finger at me. "I swear you better not even turn your head."

"That's too risky." I shook my head but he stopped me.

"We have no chance right now okay? None. If he was so fucked up he'd probably be smart enough to shoot through that god damn door right?"

He had a valid point I guess.

This was all too much.

"What about you-"

"You come before me. Always."

His eyes were sincere and I wanted to cry even more.

"Ready?" He stood up to the door.

"Wait." I jumped up and kissed his cheek then went down to Niall.

"Okay." Louis concluded after we had Niall in our grip.

Before I knew it, it was like my life flashed before my eyes.

The door flew open, the sound of metal rattled on the floor and a groan sounded.

We ran with a struggling Niall clinging to us, that poor boy.

I could hear Harry "you dumb ass mother fucker." And in between each syllable I knew he was fighting him.

Once we got to the door, a policeman was waiting there and he grabbed Niall immediately. As soon as I let him go, I ran back.

I didn't even think it through, I couldn't leave him there.

Never second guess yourself is something I live by.

"Jess what the fuck!" Harry yelled when he heard me coming.

Alan's face was full of blood and honestly I'm not sure how he wasn't drowning in it.

I saw the gun only feet away from them and I dove for it.

Standing above it I threatened to shoot him but I just couldn't.

I couldn't be a killer.

I looked at Harry and he looked away, not giving me a yes or a no. Instead I slammed his face a few good times with the butt of the gun before stopping.

He could rot in hell for all I care.

All of our breathing was rushed and I didn't know what else to do.

I dropped the gun to the floor and took in the sight of Harry's hands covered in blood, his temper clearly out of control.

"Harry." My voice came out weak and I began to cry again.

Alan was now unconscious on the floor.

The only sight was me standing above Harry who was on top of Alan, just looking down at him. Chest rising and falling rapidly.

He looked up at me and then down at him, spitting in his bloody face.

"Rot in hell, bastard."

It was all in a flash and two police officers had me off the ground and out of the building. I watched as several bodies were exiting the building into ambulances.

Flashing lights and sirens were the only thing capturing anyone's attention.

~~~

IM ALIVE AND WELL AND I TRIED TO GET SOMETHING TOGETHER BC I FEEL LIKE AN AWFUL PERSON FOR NOT UPDATING BUT I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, INSULTS IDRC JUST TWEET ME
@ashtonstryhard

(SHARED) IG @twerkinstyles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 36 32
Lover boy Y/n just moved back to la after moving to the uk with her mom and then going to Starbucks she spelt drink in this tall dark haired boy what...
91.3K 1.6K 33
I never wanted to move to a big place like LA or Sydney but some opportunities come but some go as well. I took a big opportunity when I took an inte...
3.4K 30 29
Louisa is the new girl in town, very shy and closed up due to her last relasionship. The school bad boy Harry Styles takes interest in her. But doesn...
20.6K 549 53
Isabella Taylor was fresh out of high school, but unlike most normal 18 year olds, she fought with many things that no person should ever have to enc...