Forever and Always (Fifth boo...

By JustKeepSwimming4712

This is (probably) the last Finnick and Annie book! I say probably because I don't stop running out of ideas... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Authors Note

Chapter 21

917 21 5
By JustKeepSwimming4712

Chapter 21

Finnick Pov.

Annie and I still sit side by side on the train. We should be in District Seven in a few hours.

"Annie," I say.

"Yea?"

"You're okay, right? They didn't hurt you or anything?" I ask.

"I'm fine," she looks up at me and gives me a small smile.

To make sure she's telling the truth I look at her to make sure they didn't hurt her, but she's fine.

"Good," I say. "I was really worried about you, so was Finn and Angie."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone into the woods that night, then none of this would have happened." she says.

"It wasn't your fault, they were obviously after you and they probably would've found you one way or another. I just don't know how they knew we were in District Seven and that you were going into the woods that night." I say.

"Yea, me neither. She was probably following me."

"That's the only thing that makes sense." I say.

"Let's not worry about this anymore, the important thing is, is that they're going to jail and you and I are back together. Okay?"

"Okay."

After a few minutes without talking, Annie talks again.

"I missed the kids," she says.

"They missed you too. Angie was really upset, she blamed herself for the whole situation. Finn was really worried."

"Why would Angie blame herself? This wasn't her fault at all."

"I know, so does Finn. She says it's her fault because if she didn't let us protect her then you would've been safe. She blames herself for how her parents treated her and other people."

"I'm gonna talk to Angie when we get back and let her know that it wasn't her fault at all." Annie says.

"I think that would be nice, she might listen if it came from you." I agree.

"What did Peeta say when you asked him to watch all the kids?" Annie asks.

"He was fine with it, he said it would be easier than having to possibly fight. He's not good at running with his fake leg, and he loves kids. I think the choice was easy for him." I tell her.

"Yea, I saw that he was good with kids ever since he came over." Annie agrees.

"When are we going to get a break from all of this madness?" I ask because I seriously wonder when the world is going to leave us alone.

"I don't know, and I'm not afraid, because I have you by my side. And you and I, I feel like we're invinsible." She says sweetly.

I kiss her cheek, and then ask, "How do you always know exactly what to say?"

"I don't know, I just do. With you I don't have to think, the words come naturally." She says.

"I love you so much you have no idea," I start.

"I have a pretty good idea," She says, with a small smirk. "You always end every conversation with 'I love you.'" She pauses before asking, "Why do you end every conversation with 'I love you?'"

"Because, after everything we've been through, it's shown me that I could lose you at anytime. So I try to remind you in case it's the last time you hear it." I say it because it's true. I'm always scared that I might not see Annie or the kids one day. So I end almost every sentence with 'I love you'.

"And there you go, never failing to make my heart melt." She says which brings me to slightly laugh.

"You're not the only one good with words," I say, smirking and giving her a wink.

"See, now you ruined it with your flirting." We both laugh at this, my "Capitol charm" never really worked on Annie. She only likes to hear the meaningful things, wheras if I winked at a Capitol girl she would squeal in excitement.

"You know what I just realized?" I ask.

"Oh no... What?" She asks making us both laugh a little more.

"Our twelfth anniversary is coming up," I remind her. It's funny how there's a sterotype about guys forgetting anniversaries and birthdays, but Annie doesn't really rememer. Wheras I know all the birthdays, and anniversaries. Because our anniversary is one of the most important days to me.

"Twelfth?!" She asks, I nod. "With you, it doesn't even seem like that long."

I give her a kiss.

"How is it that in twelve years we haven't even had a serious fight?" She asks.

"Because I love you too much to fight with you." She smiles and I add, "Plus, I avoid the possibility of an argument by saying you're right."

"You are a smart man," She says, I laugh.

"You're right, I chose the best girl before anyone else could."

"And Finnick Odair is back ladies and gentlemen!" She mimics Caesar Flickerman.

"You're just jealous that the Capitol loved me more than you," I tease her.

"Why would I be jealous? I hate the Capitol." We both laugh.

"Yea, me too. I wish they liked you more than me. Then you would be the overly flirtatious one and I would get to make fun of you." I tell her.

"Finnick, you were already flirty and overly confident before the Capitol liked you!" She says.

I hate it when she's right. I just roll my eyes.

"Don't worry, I love everything about you. Even your annoying charm that doesn't work on me." She tells me.

"It's worked before!" I say.

"When?" She asks.

"I can't remember right now," I say.

"You're so wrong, it's never worked on me. It probably will never work on me." She says.

"I remember now! When we had just met, it was after lunch and Bethany was being all rude to you, I winked at you and made you blush." I remember.

She rolls her eyes because I remembered something. "Fine, it's worked one time."

"And when I started calling you Ann instead of Annie." I remember, I'm on a roll right now.

"Okay, okay! It's worked a couple of times." She says in defeat.

I smile because I won this playful debate. Annie and I don't argue, we have playful debates.

We get into District Seven, I take Annie's hand and walk out of the train with her. Johanna and Katniss walk behind us. I knock on the door and after standing there for a second, Finn opens the door.

"Mom!" He yells, hugging Annie, who hugs him back right away. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too sweetie. I love you." She says, giving his forehead a kiss.

"I love you too."

Angie comes running towards the door, Finn moves and she hugs Annie.

"I'm so sorry, Annie." She whispers.

"Angie, this wasn't your fault, okay?" Annie says.

She nods. Annie walks inside. Peeta carries Maggie over to us.

"Hi Maggie!" Annie says, Peeta puts Maggie in Annie's arms and Annie holds Maggie.

"Mama," Maggie mumbles.

"She said Mama!" Annie smiles, and so do I. I will admit, I was a little jealous. Although Finn said my name first.

"Thanks, Johanna, Katniss, Peeta." I say.

"No problem." They all say.

"The kids were surprisingly easy." Peeta says.

"I think you're just good with kids." Katniss says.

"She's right." I say.

"Thank you guys, for helping find me." Annie says.

They all say no problem. We pack up a while after and get on the next train home. Maggie falls asleep in Annie's arms, Finn and Angie fall asleep side by side, and Annie and I fall asleep side by side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 124 17
- "You know i love games...i always win sweetheart." π™π™π™š 𝙃π™ͺπ™£π™œπ™šπ™§ π™‚π™–π™’π™šπ™¨ 𝙗𝙀𝙀𝙠 π™€π™£π™š 𝙖𝙙𝙖π™₯π™©π™–π™©π™žπ™€π™£! - π™¬π™π™šπ™£ π˜Όπ™‘π™žπ™˜π™š π™ˆπ™€οΏ½...
9.2K 140 19
Amily Tides may have survived the life of a victor thus far, but will she survive the rebellion? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE...
40.1K 417 49
A pointe dancer from District 2 A fish boy from District 4 OC's Games - Mockingjay *Chapters are really short*
145K 2.2K 58
*** COMPLETED*** It's 10 years after the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta have two children, Rue and Fin. We follow Katniss as the Capitol decides to pu...